Amazon preorders for DSi now available (both colors, $169.99 shipped) ** BACK UP **

In for one Matte Black. I don't need it, but I run a Nintendo fansite so my excuse is that it's required for proper news coverage. ;-)

I'm one of the few people in this world that still doesn't have a DS of any kind. Still pondering whether I should get a DS Lite or DSi. I don't really need a GBA port, so I'm leaning more toward a DSi. Any other thoughts?

I sooooo want a DSi just work that WiFi shop. Even the PSP doesn't have it. Too bad Nintendo doesn't know how to put in expandable memory in the Wii:/

If you don't care about a GBA slot, definitely get the DSi. It has more memory than the Lite, a better screen, a couple of cameras, the ability to download content from an online store, some cool image maniuplation software, etc.

Whoa...where have I been lately? I had no idea that they were releasing Black and Blue colors in the US... I guess they really are done with the white ones. Really interesting. I wonder if Japan is getting the Blue too? I assume they will.

[quote name='Taboner']I sooooo want a DSi just work that WiFi shop. Even the PSP doesn't have it. Too bad Nintendo doesn't know how to put in expandable memory in the Wii:/[/quote]

wait what?

the PSP has access to the PlayStation Store, I'm looking at it on my PSP right now

[quote name='goomba478']Whoa...where have I been lately? I had no idea that they were releasing Black and Blue colors in the US... I guess they really are done with the white ones. Really interesting. I wonder if Japan is getting the Blue too? I assume they will.[/QUOTE]

There was never any indication of a new blue color up until hours ago.

[quote name='buckythekat']wait what?

the PSP has access to the PlayStation Store, I'm looking at it on my PSP right now[/quote]

Yeah, but it is shit.

I just put in an order for a blue one. I still have a DS phat and don't need a DSi, I'm just ordering it in case the resell value goes through the roof. Seems to be what happens with all Nintendo products these days so I won't be surprised if it does.

[quote name='Doomstink']I just put in an order for a blue one. I still have a DS phat and don't need a DSi, I'm just ordering it in case the resell value goes through the roof. Seems to be what happens with all Nintendo products these days so I won't be surprised if it does.[/QUOTE]

Ha! That's what I'm doing too. If it doesn't hold a great resell value, I'll cancel my order so someone else who wants to play it can get it.

Wow... didn't realize they were coming out so soon.

That blue is interesting. I can't decide whether I like or not, but would likely end up going with it just because it's new.

I ordered a blue one; I'm might cancel, but I rather have the option to keep it if they become hard to get.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Huh, people think this is going to be hard to get? I guess if it's a failure it will be. otherwise there will be plenty available.[/quote]

Then you clearly haven't been paying attention to Nintendo's "Demand via Scarcity" marketing tactic for the past 2 years.

I don't get it.

In my mind the lite is the superior system because of the gba support. The dsi seems like less of an upgrade and more of nintendo trying to cash in on the ds1 just a bit more before the ds2 is announced. (can't blame them)

I'd be interested to hear why everyone is so excited.

already have a fat DS & Lite collecting dust.....

i bite but i will cancel depending how my wallet at the launch moment.......

Dont know what you guys are talking about.....

wifi store, downloadable games, SD card support and Camera sounds good to me for an extra $40. I recently sold my DS lite and iam getting this for sure.

[quote name='scuba t']Are the Wifi settings still the same as the ds lite? Mine won't connect to my type of router.[/quote]
Yeah, if the DSi connects through WPA on my wireless router, that would be the biggest plus for me. I mean this thing is supposed to have worse battery life than the DS Lite, which makes sense since it has more junk in it, but , c'mon...the battery life is such a huge feature. I wish my DS Lite connected WPA. Doesn't make any sense.

[quote name='Serpent01']Dont know what you guys are talking about.....

wifi store, downloadable games, SD card support and Camera sounds good to me for an extra $40. I recently sold my DS lite and iam getting this for sure.[/QUOTE]

Plus a slightly bigger screen and slightly less weight (I think)... I also have wanted to get my Dad a DS for quite some time, and so this is an easy way for me to get a new system and give him my old Lite.

[quote name='VidPower']I'm one of the few people in this world that still doesn't have a DS of any kind. Still pondering whether I should get a DS Lite or DSi. I don't really need a GBA port, so I'm leaning more toward a DSi. Any other thoughts?[/quote]

The DS Lite might lower in price and some games need the GBA port.

I'm not buying either, however that blue is sexy. :)

[quote name='Taboner']I sooooo want a DSi just work that WiFi shop. Even the PSP doesn't have it. Too bad Nintendo doesn't know how to put in expandable memory in the Wii:/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='buckythekat']wait what?

the PSP has access to the PlayStation Store, I'm looking at it on my PSP right now[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Taboner']Yeah, but it is shit.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but you indicated that the PSP did not include the feature at all, stop spreading misinformation.

[quote name='sickenmcsluggets']Yeah, if the DSi connects through WPA on my wireless router, that would be the biggest plus for me. I mean this thing is supposed to have worse battery life than the DS Lite, which makes sense since it has more junk in it, but , c'mon...the battery life is such a huge feature. I wish my DS Lite connected WPA. Doesn't make any sense.[/quote]Well, it looks like it's a yes and no answer to that question:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/954/954616p2.html

Guess I will have to set up an AP for WEP only just for the DSi, like I would for the DS. :wall:

[quote name='doodofdoods']Huh, people think this is going to be hard to get? I guess if it's a failure it will be. otherwise there will be plenty available.[/quote]

You've got to consider that even the easiest to manufacture Nintendo products seems to become scarce these days. Look at Mario Kart Wii... they could easily crap out enough copies to meet demand but for some unknown reason there is still a shortage.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, it looks like it's a yes and no answer to that question:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/954/954616p2.html

Guess I will have to set up an AP for WEP only just for the DSi, like I would for the DS. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that link. Reading the article makes it appear that they've done nothing to address the issue of more then one DSi in the same household, as it applies to downloaded software. Downloaded software is stored in the internal memory and presumably is locked to the particular DSi, just like on the Wii. Unlike a cartridge game you can't play your games on any of your DSi, only one the one it is downloaded on. This royally sucks. Any alleged value associated with downloads is lost once your kids start wanting to play the game you downloaded too. Either that or you play a ridiculous game of pass the DSi's, passing DSi's back and forth such that you play the right game on the right DSi. Absolutely ludicrous.

In for black. That blue is ugly.
I have a DS Lite, but it's the original release and is starting to show some wear.
Plus, any addition to the screen size is a plus.

Was the DS Lite hard to find at launch? I don't think it was. I remember calling Game Crazy the day it came out and they had a bunch in stock.
I don't know why people are complaining about the lack of a GBA slot. The DS Lite isn't going away. If you want a GBA slot then get a DS Lite.

[quote name='gmsisko1']Will Amazon bill my credit card after the item has shipped?
(I think so)[/QUOTE]

Yep, they sure will!

[quote name='007']Wow... didn't realize they were coming out so soon.

That blue is interesting. I can't decide whether I like or not, but would likely end up going with it just because it's new.[/quote]

Yeah I feel the same way about the blue, but I am in for one in matte black. The wife is into the DS now, so maybe I can get her into some multiplayer games.

Already posted this in the Gamestop thread. That's where I saw the Amazon link.

In for a black one from Amazon.

Well, I'm sort of a sucker when it comes to console releases, so I'm in for a blue (and possibly a black). Can't wait to get this and play the english version of Rythm Heaven. Maybe some instructions will help me pass that frickin' singing trio part in the game.

When I first heard about these, I was tempted to order one. The lack of a GBA slot kills it for me though. I still pull out games like Golden Sun 1 and 2 (in my opinion, the 2 best RPGs on the GBA) and play them. My Lite does just fine.

bread's done
Back