- - - - -

"Original Formula" Mt Dew & Pepsi

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#61 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

I got mine from the Local Publix store.

Edited by JolietJake, 27 April 2009 - 07:20 PM.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#62 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

I don't really buy soda, I have it maybe once a week or so mainly because I don't really like the intensely syrupy/sugary taste... but I really like the pepsi throwback. Tastes very naturally sweet, very good.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#63 zman73

zman73

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:37 PM

Subsidies for American corn growers + Tariffs on foreign sugar imports to protect America's small sugar industry= Crappy soda for America.

On a side note, has anyone tried the Dublin Dr. Pepper with cane sugar. I've heard it's very good. For my money, though, nothing tops Ski in a glass bottle.

Dublin Dr Pepper is awesome... I believe that bottler is the only one in the country that still makes Dr Pepper the original way... had someone in TX ship us a case of it a couple years ago... delicious

Looking forward to scoring some of the throwback Pepsi and Mt Dew as well...

I like sodas, but generally drink them in evenings as a sugary pick me up from my workout, favorite current sodas are Cheerwine (cherry soda popular in carolinas) and Manzanita Sol (apple soda from Pepsi thats sold in southwest, and tastes like sparkling apple juice... a reminder of an old soda: Apple Slice)
"...and I was so anxious to get out of bed I stepped on her face"
from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Coming to you from the home of Mardi Gras... Mobile Alabama
http://mardigras.new...m/history.shtml

http://gulfcoastrunn...ace=mcm&yr=2008
November 29 2008... my first marathon... 26.2 miles of hell

#64 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

cheerwine tastes like canned sparkling dick.
Posted Image

#65 zman73

zman73

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

Your opinion, though Id hate to hear how you were able to make such a comparison ;)
"...and I was so anxious to get out of bed I stepped on her face"
from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Coming to you from the home of Mardi Gras... Mobile Alabama
http://mardigras.new...m/history.shtml

http://gulfcoastrunn...ace=mcm&yr=2008
November 29 2008... my first marathon... 26.2 miles of hell

#66 fatherofcaitlyn

fatherofcaitlyn

Der Uber Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

Please remember: Natural sugar can settle. If your soda has been in the fridge for more than 48 hours, you need to shake the can well to mix the sugar properly.
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#67 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Please remember: Natural sugar can settle. If your soda has been in the fridge for more than 48 hours, you need to shake the can well to mix the sugar properly.

This man speaks the truth...

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#68 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:28 PM

i thought it was just the bottle design, kind of like those Hersheys throwback bars...

I will have to check it out today.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#69 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hadn't even thought of that, thanks for the heads up!
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#70 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

Well I have looked at several places for this now and I have not found any of them at all.

But I did buy a 6-pack of Dublin Dr. Pepper just now. :drool:

#71 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

The distribution for this doesn't seem very well implemented. I've gone to about 6 stores in my area and only one of those stores every got a significant supply of the 12 packs. One of the Walmarts in the area had 4 12 packs last week, and they still haven't restocked.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#72 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

The distribution for this doesn't seem very well implemented. I've gone to about 6 stores in my area and only one of those stores every got a significant supply of the 12 packs. One of the Walmarts in the area had 4 12 packs last week, and they still haven't restocked.

Yep, epic fail ... kinda similar to the dewmocrocy voting on the new flavors... only 'that' one WM would get them, while 2 others... nothing.

It sucks!

#73 homeland

homeland

woman wooh man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

are you referring to this?
Posted Image
Never had that but, I kind of agree. I found Cheerwine to be abit boring.

I can only find the throwbacks in the 12 pack cans. Are they shipping them in 20 oz bottles too?

#74 fatherofcaitlyn

fatherofcaitlyn

Der Uber Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Your opinion, though Id hate to hear how you were able to make such a comparison ;)

I would like to see the marketing behind canned sparkling dick or the finished product.
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#75 fatherofcaitlyn

fatherofcaitlyn

Der Uber Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

are you referring to this?
Posted Image
Never had that but, I kind of agree. I found Cheerwine to be abit boring.

Would that can of dick explode in the microwave?
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#76 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

"Why is there dick all over the inside of the microwave?"

#77 fatherofcaitlyn

fatherofcaitlyn

Der Uber Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

I'm not in the market to ingest dick at this time. If that were to change, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't eat dick with spots on it.
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#78 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

I agree. Also, shake vigorously as the sugar can never be too blended. I also advise opening the can directly in front of one's face to ensure no sugar particulates can be spotted grouping.

(I can't help but think of the Simpson's episode where Bart puts the can of beer in the paint shaker at the hardware store.)

#79 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

I don't know why, but I have always wanted to try Spotted Dick. :lol:

#80 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:29 AM

they make a coke during passover, or whatever, that is koscher.....that is really good. Had the pepsi throwback the other day, didn't care for it....tasted kinda like hat pepsi zero stuff

Actually, they make it year-round. Coke has a longstanding bond with the orthodox Jewish community because they were willing to sell into the Israeli market when all of the Arab markets boycotted anyone doing business with Israel. Back in the 70s, a Coca-Cola bottle with Hebrew text and logo was a popular souvenir of a trip to the region.

So if you have a heavily Jewish neighborhood within convenient travel, you can find kosher Coke throughout the year.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#81 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

I haven't seen it here yet in Colorado. Any sighting from Colorado?

I tried to order the Dublin Dr. Pepper but shipping for a 2 -24 case was $25 plus an extra $5 for packaging, grand total $50!!! Shit I rather get a case of beer instead!

#82 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

I haven't seen it here yet in Colorado. Any sighting from Colorado?

I tried to order the Dublin Dr. Pepper but shipping for a 2 -24 case was $25 plus an extra $5 for packaging, grand total $50!!! Shit I rather get a case of beer instead!

That's because you aren't in Texas man! We can get a 24 pack down here for around $10 at Walmart.

#83 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:39 PM

That's because you aren't in Texas man! We can get a 24 pack down here for around $10 at Walmart.

quit rubbing it in :cry:

I'd kill zombies to get some...

#84 LordKefka06

LordKefka06

Follow The Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

I just picked up a 12-pack of mt. Dew at albertsones and did a side by side comparison, I prefer the new "throwback"

#85 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:28 PM

Has anyone found some in AZ?
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#86 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Well I tried some yesterday, while it's much better, I really don't like Mountain Dew at all. And the Pepsi didn't taste much different, but than I don't drink much Pepsi at all.

#87 Immortal fWd

Immortal fWd

O&A Party Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

Has anyone found some in AZ?

I've picked up a couple 20 oz bottles at a Wal-Mart here in Tucson.

Posted Image

#88 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:25 PM

Kmart here forgot to put deposit on the 12-packs of Mountain Dew Throwback, so I was walking out with the equivalent of $1.80 12 packs of cans :D Stockpiled like a fat man at McDonalds.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#89 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

i still can't even find this shit in CT

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#90 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

Saw some 12 packs of Dew and Pepsi at Target, but couldn't find the 20oz bottles.