Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

• Please log in to reply
1913 replies to this topic

#91 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

I've really enjoyed Glyde since I found it, but primarily from the selling aspect. It's really convenient to just wait for an envelope to show up, put the game in the envelope, and put the envelope in the mail.

Yeah, the thing is that this right here is the problem. The fact that they're sending out pre-paid envelopes to the sellers is exactly why the shipping cost "has already been incurred" if/when there's a problem with the order. And by their policies, it's not Glyde or the seller that has to eat the cost when that happens, it's the buyer -- the one person who has no control over any part of that process. Making the customer in the equation the one that's liable when there's an issue is an extremely poor way of doing business (and a good way to lose customers). Telling me that you'll watch the seller for a "pattern of behavior" is little comfort to me when I'm the one who's out the cash. Not only that, but even when everything goes smoothly, it slows down the whole process when the seller has to wait for an envelope to arrive before shipping the item. It's a nice idea, but it simply doesn't work.

I don't know how well they take it, but it might be worth sending suggestions you have to improve their system to the c.s. department. There's a _lot_ they could do to improve, but it'd be nice to have one more usable option out there.

I've considered it, and I may still do so, but many of the problems that I have with their site are so fundamental to the very way that they do business that they'd essentially have to redesign a large portion of their business model and reprogram a significant portion of their site to fix them. I somehow doubt they'd be receptive to that.

I do notice that the Glyde representative who showed up early on in this thread has not come back since to address any of the concerns or issues that anyone has brought up. A shame, because it's a missed opportunity for an active dialogue. In theory, though, someone from the company is reading what's been said here?

Edited by arcane93, 27 August 2009 - 02:17 PM.

#92 Cagney&Lacey

Cagney&Lacey

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

Hi CAG’s. Thanks for the feedback. We understand your frustration with the ‘lost in mail’ policy and we certainly do hear you. Because of feedback like yours, we are changing that policy such that the buyer will get a full refund of the shipping costs when an item is lost in the mail.

This change will be implemented as soon as we update our system and emails and such. In the meantime, we will perform these refunds manually.

If you have had a purchase get lost in the mail and have not been refunded, we’re happy to refund your shipping cost retroactively as well. Just send your order number via email to service-at-glyde.com.

We do try our best to keep up with the boards and what you all are saying and we apologize for being slow to respond this time. We appreciate your effort to include us too.

Also, if you ever need to contact us directly or need an urgent response, we are always available at the email address mentioned above, service-at-glyde.com. One of us will respond to you within 24 hours.

Again, thanks for your comments and feedback. It never goes unaccounted, so please keep them coming. Email us anytime.

#93 DM7000

DM7000

Henshin-a-gogo baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:47 PM

I made one purchase so far from Glyde (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) and I was extremely happy with it. I received my game in less than a week and it was in excellent condition.

Now I realize that everyone is going to have different luck with the system but so far I'm rather inclined to purchase from Glyde again. It's very nice for picking up PS2 games at nice prices.

#94 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:19 PM

Looks like most of their prices are only OK, about what a used copy of a game should be. Could be a gem or two to be found sometimes though. I do wonder though, who sets their prices? Does Glyde or do they take suggestions from the sellers and average it out or something? I wonder because their prices are so inconsistant.

$61.xx for Fight Night Round 4/UFC 2009 Undisputed, but $8.xx for Burnout Paradise. And $14.xx for Resistance: FoM, a much older game then Burnout.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#95 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

Looks like most of their prices are only OK, about what a used copy of a game should be. Could be a gem or two to be found sometimes though. I do wonder though, who sets their prices? Does Glyde or do they take suggestions from the sellers and average it out or something? I wonder because their prices are so inconsistant.

$61.xx for Fight Night Round 4/UFC 2009 Undisputed, but $8.xx for Burnout Paradise. And $14.xx for Resistance: FoM, a much older game then Burnout.

You set your own price within a predestined price range.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#96 Airmarkus

Airmarkus

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:29 AM

So if they don't support paypal and you sell a game through them, how do you get the funds? I was considering posting Killzone 2, but I'm not so sure if I can't transfer it to my paypal account.
Posted Image

#97 Blinkster

Blinkster

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:20 AM

So if they don't support paypal and you sell a game through them, how do you get the funds? I was considering posting Killzone 2, but I'm not so sure if I can't transfer it to my paypal account.

You can either keep the money in your account to buy stuff off glyde with, or you can request a check to be mailed to you. But they have a $2 processing fee to do that.
Posted Image

#98 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:22 PM

You can either keep the money in your account to buy stuff off glyde with, or you can request a check to be mailed to you. But they have a $2 processing fee to do that.

You can also have it put directly in your bank account without the $2 fee. Or at least that's my understanding.

#99 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:54 AM

You can also have it put directly in your bank account without the $2 fee. Or at least that's my understanding.

I see that but is this company trustworthy enough to give them bank account numbers? It is one thing to give them a CC number but a bank account number makes me nervous.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#100 lime451

lime451

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

I've used this site many times and find it very easy and reliable. I think of it as ebay crossed with netflix. I would guess slow shipping would be the fault of the seller not specifically glyde.com

#101 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

I've used this site many times and find it very easy and reliable. I think of it as ebay crossed with netflix. I would guess slow shipping would be the fault of the seller not specifically glyde.com

Slow shipping is at least partially because the seller has to wait for a mailer to be shipped to them from glyde.com before they can send the game out. So there are already a few days of delay before the seller even can ship, not including any delay that the sellers themselves introduce into it. Like I said, it's a nice idea, but it doesn't work that well in reality.

#102 MrEKO73

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

I just put some games up for sale under the site. /collections/gamesave
I'll see what happens. Glyde Doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic. Most of the games I put up (even popular ones) said I was the only copy. Secondly, some games can't be sold without any real explanation. It wouldn't let me sell "Infernal: Hell's Vengance"- granted, awful game but, I should be able to sell it to some unfortunate soul? Couldn't post Fallout 3 either.

#103 Crimsonscyes

Crimsonscyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:01 AM

I just bought a normally $15 used game for $2 (that includes shipping) on glyde.com :D. I hope it's in good condition.

#104 MrEKO73

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:29 AM

I just bought a normally $15 used game for $2 (that includes shipping) on glyde.com :D. I hope it's in good condition.

That awesome. I can't seem to find any games where the shipping is below 3.50.

#105 Crimsonscyes

Crimsonscyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:15 AM

That awesome. I can't seem to find any games where the shipping is below 3.50.

Use the coupon code FUSION. It takes $5 off your first purchase.

#106 Crimsonscyes

Crimsonscyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:53 AM

Huh....I ordered the game almost a week ago and today the ETA suddenly changed from 9/23 to 9/30 (a week later). Has this ever happened to anyone else?

#107 MrEKO73

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

Huh....I ordered the game almost a week ago and today the ETA suddenly changed from 9/23 to 9/30 (a week later). Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I hope it wasn't a game you ordered from me...lol. I had a game envelope delayed in getting to me do to a address error in Glydes system. I have no way to know if Glyde contacted them and told them or if they are sitting on their hands waiting for the game. There are alot more steps involved in getting the games out compared to say, ebay or amazon. It seems perfect for sellers but a little bit of a wait for the buyers. But, at the same time there are some really good deals to be had especially, if you have a coupon.

#108 Crimsonscyes

Crimsonscyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

I hope it wasn't a game you ordered from me...lol. I had a game envelope delayed in getting to me do to a address error in Glydes system. I have no way to know if Glyde contacted them and told them or if they are sitting on their hands waiting for the game. There are alot more steps involved in getting the games out compared to say, ebay or amazon. It seems perfect for sellers but a little bit of a wait for the buyers. But, at the same time there are some really good deals to be had especially, if you have a coupon.

Which game envelope got delayed for you? lol.

#109 MrEKO73

MrEKO73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:48 AM

Which game envelope got delayed for you? lol.

I had 6 games that all got delayed by about 2 days...Afro Samurai, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Eternal Sonata, COD:4 and Tomb Raider Legend- They were all for the 360- If any were yours they got mailed out yesterday. :)

#110 Crimsonscyes

Crimsonscyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

I had 6 games that all got delayed by about 2 days...Afro Samurai, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Eternal Sonata, COD:4 and Tomb Raider Legend- They were all for the 360- If any were yours they got mailed out yesterday. :)

:-o Those are all ones I ordered!......na just kidding, but I wish :lol:. I guess that would explain why my ETA got pushed back by a week, maybe they had some kind of universal system error. Thanks!

#111 imamanwithaplan

imamanwithaplan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:35 AM

ive sold a few games and just bought batman for 360 for around $25. I hope it all works out!

#112 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

I ordered NBA Street Homecourt of 9/4 and still haven't received it, so I get an email asking if I got it and I said no and they cancelled my order and refunded the price into glyde credit, sad part is I used a debit card so you would think it would be put back on there instead of giving us credit for more terror purchases.

I will stick with buying from CAG members, they are much more trust worthy and the shipping doesn't take a lifetime, and I while I am at it I am not ordering from BuyNextGen anymore either, every one of my orders have been lost in the mail, first Prince of Persia and now Batman, WTF?!

#113 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

I ordered NBA Street Homecourt of 9/4 and still haven't received it, so I get an email asking if I got it and I said no and they cancelled my order and refunded the price into glyde credit, sad part is I used a debit card so you would think it would be put back on there instead of giving us credit for more terror purchases.

I wasn't aware that they don't actually refund failed purchases. That sucks.

#114 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

GREAT DEAL!!!! They have Condemned 2 PS3 for only $69 +shipping!!!! To think I paid $10 flat, no tax on Amazon on Black Friday... Seriously, prices are OK. Gamefly is MUCH cheaper.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#115 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

GREAT DEAL!!!! They have Condemned 2 PS3 for only $69 +shipping!!!! To think I paid $10 flat, no tax on Amazon on Black Friday... Seriously, prices are OK. Gamefly is MUCH cheaper.

Much like half.com or Amazon, prices are set by the seller. It's not the site's fault if the seller is an idiot.

#116 Whipl50

Whipl50

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

My son wants a copy of Sonic Heroes for the Game Cube.

For $4 and change, we'll see what happens.

Glyde actually came up in Google when looking for a decent price, and then I saw this thread.

I'll update when I get the game.
Posted Image

#117 Crimsonscyes

Crimsonscyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

Surprisingly I just received my game even though the ETA for my order being changed to 9/30 made me think I was going to get it over a week from now. I ordered the game under excellent condition and it's definitely in excellent condition.

Sometimes at these kind of websites the seller exaggerates the condition of the game to make a little more money, but most of the sellers at glyde.com seem to be completely honest about what their selling. The game came with the instructions, original case, and even all the extra posters and crap that came with the game originally. The only complaints I have about the condition are that the game arrived with a dislodged disc and a cracked case that now doesn't close properly but all that happened during shipping, and plus I can't complain since I only spent $2 on it. The disc itself is scratch-free and hasn't been through any kind of machine.

So overall I had a great experience at glyde.com, although it seems like a site where you have to cross your fingers and hope you get your package within the next month since the site doesn't really notify the buyer when anything happens with their purchase. I think they should give the buyer their own DC number or at least let them know what's going on when the ETA to their order is pushed back by a week, but again I got a $15 used game for $2 shipped so I can't complain. In the end I was completely satisfied with my order and will probably use glyde.com again if I see another great deal.

#118 SniperREX

SniperREX

Space Cowboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

BTW they have a Condemned 2 for Xbox 360 for $6.25.
Too bad I already got it.
See You Space Cowboy

#119 Whipl50

Whipl50

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

My son wants a copy of Sonic Heroes for the Game Cube.

For $4 and change, we'll see what happens.

Glyde actually came up in Google when looking for a decent price, and then I saw this thread.

I'll update when I get the game.

Game came yesterday. Everything as advertised, game was in excellent shape. Very pleased with the transaction.:applause:
Posted Image

#120 12234555555

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

My Gears 2 disc was cracked at the inner ring, and I kept getting Disc Read Errors, I only have a 20 GB HDD with only 3.5 GB left open, so I couldn't install it, so I decided to buy a new copy.

I kept looking around for new and used copies, but everywhere I looked had it at $40/30. Then I found Glyde, found a used copy in excellent condition for $20+$3 shipping.

Just ordered, I'll update with the results when the game arrives.

Posted Image