Photo
- - - - -

3D Dot Game Heroes - Out Now - Relive your 8-Bit childhood.

• Please log in to reply
1003 replies to this topic

#991 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

Reviving this thread, because I revived my playthrough in this game.

Picked it up after more than a year, it really is a pretty good game. Trying to get all swords in my first playthrough.

Goddamn the minigames are a bitch. I beat the first dash circuit in under 25 sec (post patch), but that second dash circuit is a monster, even under 65 secs.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#992 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

id love atlus to make a sequel to this game.

according to vgchartz it sold 356,408 world wide. not sure if thats enough to warrant one. :/

EightBitArtist.png

#993 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

Might go back to this game while the network is down. Getting a little itch to go back to it.

#994 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

id love atlus to make a sequel to this game.

From Software developed this game.

#995 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

Goddamn the minigames are a bitch. I beat the first dash circuit in under 25 sec (post patch), but that second dash circuit is a monster, even under 65 secs.

Just keep at it and be happy you're not attempting it pre-patch. It took me the better half of an afternoon for that one.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#996 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

I'm dreading playing it again just because the 2nd dash circuit is so goddamn hard and frustrating.

BTW, wheres the best place to farm gold? I found the northwest corner of the map with all the blue centaurs to be really effective, but I heard there's more effective places.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#997 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

I'm dreading playing it again just because the 2nd dash circuit is so goddamn hard and frustrating.

BTW, wheres the best place to farm gold? I found the northwest corner of the map with all the blue centaurs to be really effective, but I heard there's more effective places.

Southwest corner in the desert area. There's a couple of screens where you can walk back and forth and get a ton.

#998 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

the best place to farm gold is right before the last castle.

you walk up to a part and like 20 or so zombies appear. you can just leave 1 left, and go back to the screen and they will all respawn again.

sorry i cant give the exact locale, but youll know it when you see it. i havent played this game in ages.

EightBitArtist.png

#999 african redbush

african redbush

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

$15.01 on the 'zon right now.... so tempted to buy this game!
never pay full price for anything...

#1000 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

Anyone actually plat this game?

I'm in FROM Mode atm, still have to beat the last 2 bosses in the Dark tower excluding the final bosses.

Dreading playing it on Spelunker mode. It's a tough ass game, especially on FROM. Definitely seems like a plat that has bragging rights once you get it.

#1001 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

Anyone actually plat this game?.

<---

EightBitArtist.png

#1002 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

I got the plat. Wasn't worth it. At all. The whole plat chase really soured my opinion of the game overall. Be happy we didn't have to suffer the same bullshit as Japanese gamers pre-patch on this one.

Just max out the ultimate sword and the game is a breeze. I died less than 5 times unintentionally on Spelunker mode. IIRC you can carry swords to the next playthrough after the patch. Also I think Spelunker mode is just normal mode but one hit deaths so...a cakewalk compared to FROM mode.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#1003 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

I got the plat. Wasn't worth it. At all. The whole plat chase really soured my opinion of the game overall. Be happy we didn't have to suffer the same bullshit as Japanese gamers pre-patch on this one.

Just max out the ultimate sword and the game is a breeze. I died less than 5 times unintentionally on Spelunker mode. IIRC you can carry swords to the next playthrough after the patch. Also I think Spelunker mode is just normal mode but one hit deaths so...a cakewalk compared to FROM mode.

Congrats! :applause: Personally I stopped caring about trophies/achievements when I realized they were making the game into a chore rather than fun. I'll do fun challenges, but if it gets too tedious or frustrating, I say, "I'm out."

#1004 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

Congrats! :applause: Personally I stopped caring about trophies/achievements when I realized they were making the game into a chore rather than fun. I'll do fun challenges, but if it gets too tedious or frustrating, I say, "I'm out."

basically think I might hang up my PS controller for awhile (after I finish Deus Ex) and play some more wii with my son for a couple months.
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17