3D Dot Game Heroes - Out Now - Relive your 8-Bit childhood.

This is a Day 1 Pre-Order/Purchase, heres to hoping the Atlus Spoils program is in full effect, I would prefer a soundtrack CD and a Poster.

Instant purchase for me. For those who haven't heard of it, a CAG has posted pics and updates over on the PS3 forum. It's like a cross between Zelda 1 gameplay/scenarios and Dragon Quest 1 graphics done in 3D.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Hey if it plays like old school zelda then fuck yeah. Honestly nintendo has been making alot of crappy 2D zeldas nowadays so I welcome someone else steppin in.[/QUOTE]
Excluding Phantom Hourglass, the last 4 2D Zeldas were actually created by Capcom. And they were all great.

Durr @ Atlus being the ones to localize. They made From a boatload of money from Demon's Souls, I think it's pretty much in the bag that they'll be From's first choice for localization in the future.

I have the import version and I think it's one of the best ps3 games i've ever played. It's fantastic. Well worth $60. $40 is a steal

[quote name='Serpentor']So, how's this game played? Like action RPG or turn based or what? It looks interesting...[/QUOTE]

Watch some of the videos, it plays just like older Zelda titles.

When I first saw this, I thought to myself... Nintendo is so going to sue Atlus. I mean, they sued that one Korean company because they were making an MMO which looked a lot like Wind Waker.

I wasn't planning on buying this but since it's only $40, I might get it if it shows up in my Goldbox.

[quote name='Killrig']Yup. I'll wait for Amazon, as well. I'm very happy that Atlus picked this up to bring to the US.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, hopefully the LE, if they do one, isn't a gamestop exclusive.

[quote name='groundskeeper']MSRP is a deal why?[/QUOTE]
How many new games get released at 40 bucks?

Not to mention, this game is gaining popularity amongst gamers, and, being an Atlus game, could be hard to obtain (Demon's Souls, anyone?).

God Bless Atlus. They introduced me to Disgaea way back in the PS2 days, and continue to be the modern incarnation of Working Designs XD
(Though..I'm not a fan of Demon's Souls...)

I love the cheap price. This might be the first game I have preordered since Nuts and Bolts (for the free XBL Banjo). I hope there's a special edition so it'll be a SE I can actually afford it :p

[quote name='soonersfan60']Wonder how long this will stay exclusive...[/QUOTE]
Probably forever would be my guess, I wonder when amazon is going to put the preorder info up or if anyones been able to find it listed yet?

Forever? This looks like a niche title, I can't imagine it would be worth it for them to port it.

[quote name='plutoknight']How many new games get released at 40 bucks?

Not to mention, this game is gaining popularity amongst gamers, and, being an Atlus game, could be hard to obtain (Demon's Souls, anyone?).

God Bless Atlus. They introduced me to Disgaea way back in the PS2 days, and continue to be the modern incarnation of Working Designs XD
(Though..I'm not a fan of Demon's Souls...)[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite sure the MSRP being lower than normal games qualifies as a deal here. If that were the case we'd have a ton (and probably do anyway) of threads about every game that has a MSRP below the standard $50 or $60.

Demon's Souls is NOT hard to obtain. It's even down to $50 on amazon. The DE, on the other hand, IS hard to obtain. I'd assume if a DE or whatever for 3D Dot Game Heroes is announced it'll be included in the OP but atm this is definitely not a deal. It's more of a notification of a great game coming out which gets posted in the deals section all the time anyway so I don't see it as a big deal and I appreciate the OP letting us know.

I kind of view this thread as a placeholder for when there IS a deal or a DE available for pre-order. I do appreciate the info though, OP.

It might go to the Wii.. Atlus has had moderate success there. But I doubt it will as it's probably not going to be easy to port a PS3 game to the Wii. I can't see this going to the 360 though as Atlus games haven't fared well on that. I'm thinking it'll stay on the PS3 given the success of Demon Souls.

I doubt this game will see any other platform besides the Ps3 as its already been developed, From has more than likely moved on to other projects and although they do develope 360 games they tend to favor developing on sony's hardware being a japanese developer after all. Atlus will translate and publish the game in the U.S. for the system it was designed for, I highly doubt they'll port it over to any other consoles.

[quote name='Vinny']I can't see this going to the 360 though as Atlus games haven't fared well on that.[/QUOTE]

Has Atlus released even one non-mediocre Xbox 360 game? It'd be a shame if they abandoned the platform just because nobody bought their PS2-era strategy games for it.

Just so people are clear, $39.99 is going to be the MSRP. So you don't have to buy it from GameStop (linked in the OP) to get this price.

Give it 6 months. The game bombed hard on PS3 in Japan, and I'm sure From Software is running around panicking about how to recoup their costs on it.

But don't keep your hopes on any new iteration coming over to the US though.

[quote name='artego']Give it 6 months. The game bombed hard on PS3 in Japan, and I'm sure From Software is running around panicking about how to recoup their costs on it.

But don't keep your hopes on any new iteration coming over to the US though.[/QUOTE]

And xbox is doing worst in Japan. A Xbox 360 port would be target at US audience.

bread's done
Back