3D Dot Game Heroes - Out Now - Relive your 8-Bit childhood.

[quote name='artego']Give it 6 months. The game bombed hard on PS3 in Japan, and I'm sure From Software is running around panicking about how to recoup their costs on it.

But don't keep your hopes on any new iteration coming over to the US though.[/QUOTE]

Can you provide me the sales figures of the game in Japan. Thanks. I found some first day sales of it, and it sold 7,700 out of the 20,000 available which really isn't that bad.

[quote name='artego']Give it 6 months. The game bombed hard on PS3 in Japan, and I'm sure From Software is running around panicking about how to recoup their costs on it.

But don't keep your hopes on any new iteration coming over to the US though.[/QUOTE]

Thats some of the dumbest logic ive ever heard in my entire life. And i read NeoGAF, so i know top quality dumb when i see it.

This is and will remain a PS3 exclusive. You want top tier games like this, demon souls, uncharted, etc, you get a PS3. Owning every platform this gen is mandatory.

Damn it, I was just about to post the link too :lol:

------

In short, it's not a matter of processing power, or platform, it's all up to the developer.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Thats some of the dumbest logic ive ever heard in my entire life. And i read NeoGAF, so i know top quality dumb when i see it.

This is and will remain a PS3 exclusive. You want top tier games like this, demon souls, uncharted, etc, you get a PS3. Owning every platform this gen is mandatory.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, From Software has been pretty consistent in releasing their top titles on both PS3 and 360. Not saying they will in this case, but it would be foolish to state that there is no chance of it happening.

Making games available on multiple platforms (in a timely fashion) increases sales. In America, more people own Xbox 360 consoles and multiplatform games usually sell better on the 360. As long as the cost of producing another version is not significant, there is no reason (besides loyalty/exclusivity agreements) not to produce the game on other consoles.

Really looking forward to this game, mostly because they're pricing it right at about the right price. James Mielke was on one of the 1up podcasts and said it was really good, which is good. I hope it does well for Atlus and maybe convinced them to make a game of their own for the PS3 or Xbox 360 since they haven't done that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares really if it's coming to the 360 or not. It'll be on the PS3 in May and that's all that matters to me. If you're a gamer you should already have a PS3 anyway, there's plenty of quality exclusives on there to justify one as it is, this is merely the latest example. There are exceptions of course, like if you can't afford one, etc...

[quote name='ssjmichael']Who cares really if it's coming to the 360 or not. It'll be on the PS3 in May and that's all that matters to me. If you're a gamer you should already have a PS3 anyway, there's plenty of quality exclusives on there to justify one as it is, this is merely the latest example. There are exceptions of course, like if you can't afford one, etc...[/QUOTE]

Considering this isn't a deal in any sense, I think it's more than reasonable to discuss the possibility that it could be ported to the 360. Given past practice, if it gets ported, it may be improved in some way given that it would have a later release date. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of having to buy RPGs twice when the later port gets improved.

I think thats enough of "just wait till it gets ported" talk. This thread is about the PS3 release. If you want it on 360, start a internet petition, i hear they work really well. The rest of us with every platform will enjoy this without stinking up threads whining and complaining. I know it sucks to be a 360 only owner these days, since theres basically nothing major due out exclusive other then another halo, but you dont need to use ps3 exclusive threads to take out your anger.

^ But this is in the "Deals" forum and not the PS3 forum, so that's why I brought it up.

[quote name='argyle']Forever? This looks like a niche title, I can't imagine it would be worth it for them to port it.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes a niche product needs to be on multiple platforms to recoup development costs. It all depends on the philosophy of the developer (and publisher).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I should have specified, as soon as it's up on Amazon ;)

*High-Five*[/QUOTE]
Understandable.

I could see this on DS or even the Wii, heck it's similarity to Zelda is embarassing, but PS3?

And at 39.99?

bummer. Hope it sells well for a port.

I'd definately buy it though if I had one.

[quote name='xycury']I could see this on DS or even the Wii, heck it's similarity to Zelda is embarassing, but PS3?

And at 39.99?

bummer. Hope it sells well for a port.

I'd definately buy it though if I had one.[/QUOTE]

What are you smoking? Seems very high quality if you can look at a ground up game for the PS3 coming to the US and call it a "port". Please refer me to your dealer. Seems very top end stuff.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Wonder how long this will stay exclusive...[/QUOTE]

Considering that the demographics for the PS3 tend to be older than that of 360 owners, I believe that there is larger market potential on the PS3 because a greater % of owners actually played the original Zelda and thus appreciate the retro experience more.

No way that Nintendo would allow this on any of their systems due to its obvious similarity to Zelda.

And yay for another PS3 exclusive, Day 1 purchase for me!

[quote name='blitz6speed']What are you smoking? Seems very high quality if you can look at a ground up game for the PS3 coming to the US and call it a "port". Please refer me to your dealer. Seems very top end stuff.[/QUOTE]

I meant to get a port, not of port. I think this style of game would do infinately better on the larger base of the Wii.

smoking something I am not.

[quote name='doodofdoods']With how well Demon's Soul's sold here so far I wouldn't be surprised to see a 360 port for this game.[/QUOTE]

:imwithst:

so their PS3 exclusive game sold really well here and that somehow leads you to believe that they'll make this one cross platform?

your logic justifies Demon's Souls going mutliplatform not 3D Dot Game Heroes (and neither is happening) :roll:

[quote name='doodofdoods']With how well Demon's Soul's sold here so far I wouldn't be surprised to see a 360 port for this game.[/QUOTE]

Demon Soul was the 11th best selling game of the month so it is doing really well. However that has zero chance of Xbox release since it was released by Sony in Japan

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wow. I'd have thought this thread was about MGS4 if you took out mentions of the game's title, Atlus, and From Software. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Oh I hope this devolves into more platformism!

I can't wait for the part where the PS3 people claim that 360 owners can't appreciate a game like this, and that it most likely would take up 49 DVDs, in a clever display of photoshopping. And the swift retort where 360 fans allege that they should have it by pure userbase numbers alone, and possibly make allusions to the sexual preference of all PS3 owners.

[quote name='xycury']I meant to get a port, not of port. I think this style of game would do infinately better on the larger base of the Wii.

smoking something I am not.[/QUOTE]
I doubt this would sell any better on Wii. Wii owners don't even buy more accessible & popular titles than this one that don't bleed casual.

Except that Sony funded BOTH games. No way in hell Microsoft is getting em.

Sony did not fund this game.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Thats some of the dumbest logic ive ever heard in my entire life. And i read NeoGAF, so i know top quality dumb when i see it.[/QUOTE]
So you'd rather From Software belly up and never make anything like this again? Who's the one with dumb logic now?

If there's money to be made, there will be a long and hard thought on how to make it.

[quote name='artego']Sony did not fund this game.

So you'd rather From Software belly up and never make anything like this again? Who's the one with dumb logic now?

If there's money to be made, there will be a long and hard thought on how to make it.[/QUOTE]

You're correct. Sony just published Demon's Souls in the Asian countries.

Multi-console (360+PS3 at least) and PS3 owners... who gives a damn for what system it's coming out for? 360 only owners, why did you enter a topic that said "Exclusive to PS3" when it was in the deals forum? Seriously, who cares, quit bitching and just be happy it's being localized! GAWD!

[quote name='artego']Sony did not fund this game.

If there's money to be made, there will be a long and hard thought on how to make it.[/QUOTE]

You.. You just don't get it.. You don't...

dr-evil.jpg

Great to see Atlus doing this and at such a cool price.

I doubt it will hit 360, but as stated before, it would be cool for as many people as possible to play the game.

Regardless, super stoked I get to play it.

The thread didn't take on a negative tone until Blitzspeed started whining.

"You're stuuupid if you want this game on 360! You're stuuuupid if you don't have both a 360 and PS3!"

For shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']The thread didn't take on a negative tone until Blitzspeed started whining.

For shame.[/QUOTE]

The shame lays with the people begging and whining about a game not on their preferred platform. Get over it.

[quote name='blitz6speed']The shame lays with the people begging and whining about a game not on their preferred platform. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

Please keep making aggressive and rude posts after like 10 people have complained about it. That serves a purpose and contributes to the quality of the thread for all.

bread's done
Back