Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#2971 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

i can't believe people are actually buying golden codes for around 30 bucks on ebay, looks like i'm gonna sell mines :D

yeah, i'll probably sell mine too. just don't be dumb and sell it for $10 and cause all the prices to drop.

They have exactly two hours to produce mine before they're in violation of the terms. Then again, their mistakes usually work out for a double-up bonus after I e-mail them.

Oooooh. You're so tough. Gonna stick it to the man! THEY GOT TWO HOURS DAMMIT! I'M A BIG DEAL!

Seriously though, do you look at yourself in the mirror everyday and cry? You are seriously the most pathetic person on CAG.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2972 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

I couldn't resist, I picked up Trauma Team. We had RZ cert so my boyfriend bought RDR from Best Buy, and I got the Alan Wake CE for free from our roomie for my bday. What a great week so far.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2973 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

Seriously though, do you look at yourself in the mirror everyday and cry? You are seriously the most pathetic person on CAG.

Careful, you're in danger of taking #1 fanboi status from Klim.

RAGE ME HARDER!

#2974 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:01 PM

:roll:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2975 crupp

crupp

Backlog Enhancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

Ok... I see RDR on the bonus offers page but I dont see the $20 promo anywhere on the actual product page.... anyone else?

#2976 Dogmeat26

Dogmeat26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

sigh was just got out of a meeting and was gonna order RDR but the 20 dollar credit is now off amazon forit. :( oh well.

#2977 SpockBlocker

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:22 PM

sigh was just got out of a meeting and was gonna order RDR but the 20 dollar credit is now off amazon forit. :( oh well.

It was a bonus for pre-ordering the game I believe. Still waiting for my credit. Can't decide whether to pick up Alan Wake for cheap, or get The Saboteur for free.

#2978 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

Got my "Alan Wake" promo credit today, and yet no "Red Dead" credit, even though I ordered it after "RDR" had shipped already. Good news is that this seems to be a CAG-wide issue.

And yes, got the guns code.

#2979 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

Get Alan Wake for sure!

I still havent got my credit, when i do...its going on BLUR.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#2980 SpockBlocker

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

For those who got two RDR Gun Codes, eBay $30-50 each, plus the $20 Gift Card for pre-ordering. Instead of paying $60 for RDR, it's like you've been paid $60 to play RDR. Success!

#2981 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

I'm looking to use my 20 dollar credit from Red Dead Redemption on the Green Day Rock Band and so in return get another 20 dollar credit.

I'm not sure if that thing's ever gonna get here though!

#2982 Hodaka

Hodaka

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

I preordered RDR, but ordered AW the day it came out. Already have the game credit for AW, but still waiting for the GC for RDR..

Wow, so many abbreviations.. heh..

#2983 integrafied1

integrafied1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

The promo for the Red Dead gift card stated that it could take up to 10 days to be emailed to you...be patient people.

#2984 -Mystery-

-Mystery-

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

The promo for the Red Dead gift card stated that it could take up to 10 days to be emailed to you...be patient people.

Actually, it said 2 business days when I ordered Sunday night.

#2985 integrafied1

integrafied1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

Actually, it said 2 business days when I ordered Sunday night.

Every time I checked it, it always read 2 days for the guns code, 10 days for the GC.

Guess they could've changed it and I missed it however.

#2986 -Mystery-

-Mystery-

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

Every time I checked it, it always read 2 days for the guns code, 10 days for the GC.

Guess they could've changed it and I missed it however.

Reading the rest of their promotional offers, it says 2 business days after it ships. Doubt they'd handle this game differently than every other one with a promotional offer.

It's only been 2 days so some people need to chill a bit. Wait till like week's end before freaking out about the code. Give it some time, no reason to hit the panic button after only 2 days.

#2987 oiskaio

oiskaio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

Reading the rest of their promotional offers, it says 2 business days after it ships. Doubt they'd handle this game differently than every other one with a promotional offer.

It's only been 2 days so some people need to chill a bit. Wait till like week's end before freaking out about the code. Give it some time, no reason to hit the panic button after only 2 days.

It also needs to be pointed out for the 100th time that every other game (ie Alan Wake) had a VIDEO GAME gift code associated with it, these don't take as long to give out for whatever reason.

The RDR promotion was a $20 AMAZON gift code.... a code that can be used anywhere on the site. This is probably why it takes up to 10 days.

#2988 snakeeyez101

snakeeyez101

Do a Barrell Roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

Situation

Pre-Ordered the game off amazon, wasn't expecting it to come so soon.

Yesterday, went to toys r us without knowing about the $25 GC, because I simply didn't want to wait to play the game. If I return my sealed copy from amazon to Toys r Us, what becomes of the Gift Card?
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Tradelist : http://www.tradegame...ez101&view=list
Ebay Feedback:
http://myworld.ebay....nakeeyez101f21v

#2989 integrafied1

integrafied1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, I realize that most/all amazons' promos state 2 days, but those are promo credits, not a gift card like Red Dead was.
They may have changed it, but when I ordered it definitely read up to 10 days.

Back when I ordered GTA: episodes from liberty city, I got my shipping confrimation email on 10/28/09, but didnt get my email with the code until 11/11/09.
I only bring this up because it was a gift card as well, not a promo credit.

Anyway, I agree with you and my point was that people need to calm down and be patient

#2990 JVorhees#1

JVorhees#1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

Preordered RDR off Amazon and have yet to get code or credit. Has anyone else not got their code yet?

#2991 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

Situation

Pre-Ordered the game off amazon, wasn't expecting it to come so soon.

Yesterday, went to toys r us without knowing about the $25 GC, because I simply didn't want to wait to play the game. If I return my sealed copy from amazon to Toys r Us, what becomes of the Gift Card?

you will either only get $35 back (+tax) and keep the gift card, or depending on toysrus' system, it might allow you to return the gift card too if it wasn't used (i kind of doubt that though since most stores don't like to refund gift cards)

#2992 snakeeyez101

snakeeyez101

Do a Barrell Roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

you will either only get $35 back (+tax) and keep the gift card, or depending on toysrus' system, it might allow you to return the gift card too if it wasn't used (i kind of doubt that though since most stores don't like to refund gift cards)

Thanks, that's what I had figured.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Tradelist : http://www.tradegame...ez101&view=list
Ebay Feedback:
http://myworld.ebay....nakeeyez101f21v

#2993 integrafied1

integrafied1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

Preordered RDR off Amazon and have yet to get code or credit. Has anyone else not got their code yet?

Guns code-yes
GC-no

#2994 matrixadw

matrixadw

Super CAG Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

You are correct. It has always been up to 10 days for the gift card. Even Sunday night it was showing 10 days for the gift card. Im not sure what that guy read, only mention about two days was for the golden guns.

I still think everyone will receive gift cards before the 10 days, but it's crazy how some people are flipping out. People need to read the fine print better and just relax.

Obviously we all want these $20 gift cards as soon as possible, but some of the people acting all crazy about it isn't going to get them the credit sooner.
Posted Image

#2995 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

This is a partial screenshot of the RDR product page on Amazon when I placed my order this morning. Same text in my order confirmation email. $20 video game promo credit, 2 business days.

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=14851

#2996 hooker with a wenis

hooker with a wenis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

i thought it was a gift card and not videogame credit.

#2997 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

This is a partial screenshot of the RDR product page on Amazon when I placed my order this morning. Same text in my order confirmation email. $20 video game promo credit, 2 business days.

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=14851

This is pretty simple:

If you got 20$

GC = 10 days
Video Game credit = 2 days

(the game originally came with 25$ GC. They changed it at some point to $20 Video Game credit.)

Ees7Y.jpg

#2998 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:32 PM

i thought it was a gift card and not videogame credit.

It was and now I'm regretting not taking a screen. If they try to push a $20 game credit on me, that's a serious bait and switch since I had plans for it outside of games.

No wonder there's been so much confusion. . .

#2999 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

It was and now I'm regretting not taking a screen. If they try to push a $20 game credit on me, that's a serious bait and switch since I had plans for it outside of games.

No wonder there's been so much confusion. . .

Does your order confirmation email include the special offers under the shipping estimate?

#3000 hooker with a wenis

hooker with a wenis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

Does your order confirmation email include the special offers under the shipping estimate?

mine doesn't...