Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#8641 Mr Snarp Snarps

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

Amazon is starting to add more games! I really hope they increase Borderlands 2 to $15 or $20 and I hope even more than they add Halo 4 for $20

#8642 Noel Vermillion

Noel Vermillion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

They won't charge tax for any pre order placed before Sept 15 right?

#8643 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

They won't charge tax for any pre order placed before Sept 15 right?

If you're in California, once the tax goes into effect, they will add it to every order shipped after that date regardless of when you pre-ordered. Many CAGs in Texas experienced that when their own Amazon tax went into effect a month or so ago.

#8644 pandanaut

pandanaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Wait, did the $10 Borderlands 2 credit get taken off? I'm not seeing it anymore.

#8645 io

io

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Amazon is starting to add more games! I really hope they increase Borderlands 2 to $15 or $20 and I hope even more than they add Halo 4 for $20

Wait, did the $10 Borderlands 2 credit get taken off? I'm not seeing it anymore.

Tale of two posts here ;).

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either any more and this, of course, is the one time I forgot to screen cap it like I usually do with these offers. Maybe it is just a temporary thing if they really are adding more games with credits.

So, uh, Mr Snarps, what games, exactly, did they add? Some examples would be nice. I have a few other preorders there so I'll check on those at least.

Edited by io, 02 August 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#8646 Mr Snarp Snarps

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

I was referencing Sleeping Dogs and one of the NFL games they added. I didn't see those a week ago... or maybe I'm just crazy. (could be true)

#8647 smiley80118

smiley80118

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yea i was curious about that as well. I pre-ordered it 3 weeks ago on there, along with Black ops 2.

Went back to check yesterday cause i was thinking about using my $10 credit towards angry birds for a friend and Borderlands 2 $10 offer was gone.

Guess i may cancel my preorder in a couple weeks if its not back and go to best buy or gamestop.

#8648 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

They need to do more $10 promos. Newegg is stealing all their preorders.

#8649 pandanaut

pandanaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

I emailed Amazon about it. Those of you who placed orders are fine, obviously.

Their rationale is that it worked like a coupon. They didn't put an expiration date on it, though, and after pointing this out I was able to get the $10 credit after sending in my order number.

#8650 io

io

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

I emailed Amazon about it. Those of you who placed orders are fine, obviously.

Their rationale is that it worked like a coupon. They didn't put an expiration date on it, though, and after pointing this out I was able to get the $10 credit after sending in my order number.

Do you mean you just put in an order and they applied it for you manually?

But, otherwise, it really looks like it has been pulled for good. Pathetic...

I just know my credit it not going to go through and there is now no record of their even being a credit so I'll have a hard time convincing a CS rep I should be getting $10.

I've had to call or email on just about every game credit in the last year or so - almost none have applied automatically after shipping like they are supposed to.

#8651 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

I just know my credit it not going to go through and there is now no record of their even being a credit so I'll have a hard time convincing a CS rep I should be getting $10.

I've had to call or email on just about every game credit in the last year or so - almost none have applied automatically after shipping like they are supposed to.

Oh wow, thought it was just me. Been having to contract them every time I order something too. I'm telling them the main reason I shop with them is because of the credits the offer. so it is annoying for the credits to disappear, or be there, and not applied correctly.

Going to copy every thing I order from now on because like you say its hard convincing them when their or system removes things.

#8652 pandanaut

pandanaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

It took two rounds of emails, because originally the guy thanked me for my order and said that he appreciated my business, pointing out I paid with credit. :drool:

Luckily I saved the original email, so I shot off a second one, explaining the situation. The guy was more than nice enough and just manually adjusted the price from $59.99 to $49.99. I don't think many people will be able to pull this off, though, because they really don't want to do it and you have to get a CSR who acknowledges there was credit in the first place.

#8653 unknown0

unknown0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Has anyone heard any info on whether Amazon will carry the 3DS XL? I rather buy it through them because I have some credit with them but they do not have it up for preorder yet.

#8654 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

Has anyone heard any info on whether Amazon will carry the 3DS XL? I rather buy it through them because I have some credit with them but they do not have it up for preorder yet.

I doubt it. They don't even sell the 3DS anymore due to excessive returns.

#8655 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

Hi guys I had a quick question. I've never pre-ordered through Amazon before, but I pre-ordered Madden 13' today. For shipping options, it gave me only 2 options for shipping; Standard shipping and Super Saver(?) shipping. I was hoping that it would have the option for release date delivery after I placed the order since I read things online about them doing that. Now, I just got my order reciept in my email, and it says the delivery estimate is Sep. 4-6th. The game comes out August 28th and I really don't wanna wait that long. Is there any way to get 1 day shipping for the day comes out, I really don't mind spending the extra money.

#8656 Mr Snarp Snarps

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Does anyone know if you still get the credit for Borderlands 2 if you preordered when the credit was still up?

Also GHmanRON, judging from previous experience with Amazon pre orders Amazon waits untill the last week or two before they add $1 one day shipping. Keep checking on it.

#8657 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Hi guys I had a quick question. I've never pre-ordered through Amazon before, but I pre-ordered Madden 13' today. For shipping options, it gave me only 2 options for shipping; Standard shipping and Super Saver(?) shipping. I was hoping that it would have the option for release date delivery after I placed the order since I read things online about them doing that. Now, I just got my order reciept in my email, and it says the delivery estimate is Sep. 4-6th. The game comes out August 28th and I really don't wanna wait that long. Is there any way to get 1 day shipping for the day comes out, I really don't mind spending the extra money.

Does anyone know if you still get the credit for Borderlands 2 if you preordered when the credit was still up?

Also GHmanRON, judging from previous experience with Amazon pre orders Amazon waits untill the last week or two before they add $1 one day shipping. Keep checking on it.

Unfortunately, $0.99 release-date delivery for regular buyers is completely gone. If you want that shipping option, now you have to pay $10 and that sucks.
Posted Image

#8658 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

Unfortunately, $0.99 release-date delivery for regular buyers is completely gone. If you want that shipping option, now you have to pay $10 and that sucks.

I'd still be willing to pay the extra $10. But is the option for release date delivery gone because I have a PO Box? I think I remember reading it on Amazon earlier.

#8659 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'd still be willing to pay the extra $10. But is the option for release date delivery gone because I have a PO Box? I think I remember reading it on Amazon earlier.

The new price for release date delivery is for most continental US addresses.
I realized this a month ago, because I wanted to change the delivery address of some of my pre-orders (all originally had RDD for $0.99), and the system tried to charge me $10 for that same shipping option. When I contacted Amazon CS they told me that now the RDD $0.99 option was over for non-prime members.
Now I do most of my pre-orders at Best Buy :)
Posted Image

#8660 Mr Snarp Snarps

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

WOW I wish I had a Best Buy close to me. I am never pre ordering a game from Amazon again (after Borderlands 2). Newegg sounds like a good place to pre order now:D

#8661 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

The new price for release date delivery is for most continental US addresses.
I realized this a month ago, because I wanted to change the delivery address of some of my pre-orders (all originally had RDD for $0.99), and the system tried to charge me $10 for that same shipping option. When I contacted Amazon CS they told me that now the RDD $0.99 option was over for non-prime members.
Now I do most of my pre-orders at Best Buy :)

I was browsing more and I found out the reason I may not have RDD. I clicked on shipping speed on my order page, and it said this.

"Note: We cannot ship Second Day or Next Day Air to P.O. boxes, APO/FPO addresses, or addresses served by the USPS as domestic destinations including Guam and the U.S. Virgtin Islands."

I guess no RDD since I have a PO box eh?

#8662 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

I was browsing more and I found out the reason I may not have RDD. I clicked on shipping speed on my order page, and it said this.

"Note: We cannot ship Second Day or Next Day Air to P.O. boxes, APO/FPO addresses, or addresses served by the USPS as domestic destinations including Guam and the U.S. Virgtin Islands."

I guess no RDD since I have a PO box eh?

That sucks, it seems you are out of luck.
Posted Image

#8663 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

That sucks, it seems you are out of luck.

I ended up just shipping it to a friends address, now they gave me a 2 day shipping option. better then like 5 business days.

#8664 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

As others have reported, the $10 credit for Borderlands 2 seems that it's gone.

If you were to pre-order one of these, which would it be? The bonuses don't seem that good on any of them (?).

• Borderlands 2
  • Darksiders II
  • Sleeping Dogs

#8665 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

As others have reported, the $10 credit for Borderlands 2 seems that it's gone.

If you were to pre-order one of these, which would it be? The bonuses don't seem that good on any of them (?).

• Borderlands 2
  • Darksiders II
  • Sleeping Dogs

I'd pre-order Borderlands 2 from Gamestop if at all possible. They have the standard pre-order bonuses that Amazon and whoever else (Best Buy?) has and also an exclusive mode where you can fight waves of bosses and get loot.

Sleeping Dogs's pre-order bonuses are fairly equal sounding... BB gets George St. Pierre related DLC, GS gets Police-themed and Amazon gets Martial Arts.

Darksiders II, GS gets exclusive side-quests, BB gets armor and Amazon gets a speed upgrade to the horse to run faster. THQ also tends to offer their exclusive pre-order DLC for reasonable prices after its release.

So definitely either Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders II. Probably Sleeping Dogs.
Posted Image

#8666 GoatRoyale

GoatRoyale

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

Just a heads up for those still interested...

Borderlands 2 $10 credit has been re-instated, for now at least. It doesn't show up in the normal spot (under the platform selection box), but if you scroll down to the "Special Offers & Product Promotions" heading, the blurb about the $10 credit is there.

#8667 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Borderlands 2 $10 credit has been re-instated, for now at least. It doesn't show up in the normal spot (under the platform selection box), but if you scroll down to the "Special Offers & Product Promotions" heading, the blurb about the $10 credit is there.

Hmm, I wonder if this will trigger the glitch where people who've had it preordered for a long time will get both certs. I remember a couple of times in the past where a $10 credit changed to a $20 credit later, and people whose preorder covered both periods got both.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8668 GoatRoyale

GoatRoyale

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Really? Huh. I'm just glad it's back, honestly. I panicked when it got removed because I had some recent trade-in credit I wanted to apply, but didn't want to cancel / re-order if it meant losing the $10 promo.

Now let's see if Amazon throws some promos on Halo or something (HA! Doubtful)

EDIT:
Ooh, Resident Evil 6 has $10 now, too!

Edited by GoatRoyale, 18 August 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#8669 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'd pre-order Borderlands 2 from Gamestop if at all possible. They have the standard pre-order bonuses that Amazon and whoever else (Best Buy?) has and also an exclusive mode where you can fight waves of bosses and get loot.

Does GameStop accept international credit cards? And also, Creature Slaughter Dome vs. the $10 credit. Comments?

That or just waiting for the eventual $39.99 sale :o

#8670 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Hmm, I wonder if this will trigger the glitch where people who've had it preordered for a long time will get both certs. I remember a couple of times in the past where a $10 credit changed to a $20 credit later, and people whose preorder covered both periods got both.

That would be cool, but I won't hold my breath for it.