Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#1051 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:40 PM

Sorry if this has been answered before, but if I already had a game pre-ordered and then Amazon offers the promo credit, do I automatically get it? Or do I have to cancel and place the order again?

Thanks

yes it says offer will be extended to all previous preorders. this is great already had it ordered

#1052 lilman

lilman

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

Can the credit be used multiple times on a single order? Like if i had pre-ordered 2 games and got 20 dollars, could i use that 20 dollars credit towards 1 game?

Yes.

You just can't collect two credits from the same game (so if you bought two copies of Bioshock 2, you would only get one $10 credit).

#1053 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

Yes.

You just can't collect two credits from the same game (so if you bought two copies of Bioshock 2, you would only get one $10 credit).

Thanks!

#1054 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

so when ordering something does it ask whether you want to use the credit or save it? would like to collect enough credit to maybe get a $60 game free

#1055 argyle

argyle

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

Well, with my zombie ECA discount & a $15 credit, I can't say no to Just Cause 2. :-P
Posted Image

#1056 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

so when ordering something does it ask whether you want to use the credit or save it? would like to collect enough credit to maybe get a $60 game free

The $10 credits have expiration dates. For example, the Mass Effect 2 $10 credit expires end of February. They usually give you at least a month to use it and it can be used on preorders.

Edited by Lucian, 10 February 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#1057 lilman

lilman

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

You can turn off your credits at the "Shipping and Payment" page of checkout.

If you already passed that page, you can go back to it by clicking the "Change" button under "Payment Method:" on the final "Place Your Order" page.

#1058 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

ah cool thanks

#1059 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

You can turn off your credits at the "Shipping and Payment" page of checkout.

If you already passed that page, you can go back to it by clicking the "Change" button under "Payment Method:" on the final "Place Your Order" page.

Thanks! I always forget about that!

#1060 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

I see a special rifle for preordering Just Cause 2 on Amazon, but I don't see any mention of the other in-game weapons/vehicles that are supposed to be available with all preorders of JC2. I'm assuming those would come as well?

#1061 lilman

lilman

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

I see a special rifle for preordering Just Cause 2 on Amazon, but I don't see any mention of the other in-game weapons/vehicles that are supposed to be available with all preorders of JC2. I'm assuming those would come as well?

No, preordering at Amazon will only get you the rifle. GS is offering the handgun, and I think BB has the chevalier. EU preorders of the game get all 6 dlc bonuses (lucky!).

The devs have stated though that all of the preorder dlc will eventually come to the marketplace for NA. The hovercraft looks sweet.

#1062 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:51 PM

Well, with my zombie ECA discount & a $15 credit, I can't say no to Just Cause 2. :-P

It seems that when you add an item to an existing order through customer service rather than ordering it the usual way, their system will not recognize that you're eligible for the credit. You'll have to contact customer service again to argue your case and hope they give you the credit or an equivalent refund. I've had some success doing this, but just something to keep in mind.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1063 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the updates, shrike4242. I'm in for Madden and SupCom2.

#1064 merkman

merkman

CA is better than DA.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

Okay, so I haven't gone through the entire thread, but here's what I just experienced.

Was going to pre-order Madden 11. Figured the $20 credit was too good to pass up. Had it in my cart, had chosen my payment options, and was on the confirm order screen when I noticed at the bottom left it said "$10 game credit", NOT $20.

I ended up closing the page without ordering, and thought I'd mention this here first.
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November - the gunpowder, treason, and plot.

I see no reason the gunpowder treason should *ever* be forgot."

#1065 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

are these amazon $10 gaming credits only offered on pre-order and newly released games?

#1066 imfromwisconsin

imfromwisconsin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

Ugh, Just Cause 2, Madden 11, Mafia 2 AND BFBC2? I want them all. Now please.

:D
Ryan // "Sharing is caring."

#1067 sinkingships

sinkingships

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

are these amazon $10 gaming credits only offered on pre-order and newly released games?

yes as far as I know.

#1068 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

No, preordering at Amazon will only get you the rifle. GS is offering the handgun, and I think BB has the chevalier. EU preorders of the game get all 6 dlc bonuses (lucky!).

The devs have stated though that all of the preorder dlc will eventually come to the marketplace for NA. The hovercraft looks sweet.

Oh, that's dumb. From the promo video they had shown about the preorder DLC, it seemed like you'd get the whole package of items/vehicles for preordering. I guess that's only for Europe.

Well, I was on the fence anyway about this game. Now I'll just wait for a deep markdown.

#1069 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

I'm hoping Splinter Cell Conviction gets a $10 promo credit. Planning to preorder it using the credits I earned from ME2 and Bioshock 2.

#1070 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

It seems that when you add an item to an existing order through customer service rather than ordering it the usual way, their system will not recognize that you're eligible for the credit. You'll have to contact customer service again to argue your case and hope they give you the credit or an equivalent refund. I've had some success doing this, but just something to keep in mind.

Damn, I wasn't aware of that. I wonder if it works better to pre-order the item separately (ensuring the credit is correctly part of the order) and then email Amazon asking them to consolidate orders by adding that new order to an existing order with the discount(s)?
Posted Image

#1071 argyle

argyle

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for this. I feel confident that I can get them to give it to me tho, if they don't automatically. I'll find out how it goes in a few weeks, when FFXIII ships.
Posted Image

#1072 kicker_of_elves

kicker_of_elves

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:04 PM

Okay, so I haven't gone through the entire thread, but here's what I just experienced.

Was going to pre-order Madden 11. Figured the $20 credit was too good to pass up. Had it in my cart, had chosen my payment options, and was on the confirm order screen when I noticed at the bottom left it said "$10 game credit", NOT $20.

I ended up closing the page without ordering, and thought I'd mention this here first.

Same thing happened to me, I'm gonna wait and see if they get fixed before putting in an order.

#1073 Dudemullet

Dudemullet

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

I know that the 10$ bonus is "one per-household" but has anyone ever tried to buy 2 of the same game for different systems, and if you would get the 20$ on your account for buying both ? For instance buying FF XIII on 360 and ps3.

#1074 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

I know that the 10$ bonus is "one per-household" but has anyone ever tried to buy 2 of the same game for different systems, and if you would get the 20$ on your account for buying both ? For instance buying FF XIII on 360 and ps3.

I've never tried it but I can't see why it wouldn't work. You're buying two separate SKUs. The way I interpret it, the policy is one $10 credit per SKU per household.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#1075 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

Strange, I don't see any $10 promotional credit listed for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I already have it preordered and I don't see any indication on the product page.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now under "Special Offers and Product Promotions." Usually they are good promoting a deal like this with some sort of banner towards the top of the page. Anyways, this makes me happy with my decision to preorder on Amazon!

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#1076 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

Anyone get their $10 credit from Bioshock 2 yet?

#1077 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hooray! BFBC2 gets a $10 credit offer too.

NO yet. No credit for Dante's Inferno neither.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#1078 lilman

lilman

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

Nope, still waiting...

#1079 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hooray! BFBC2 gets a $10 credit offer too.

NO yet. No credit for Dante's Inferno neither.

Dag. I got the Mass Effect 2 credit the morning after it shipped

*to self*patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue*end muttering*

#1080 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

Amazon usually sends the emails about the promotional codes within 2 days after the game's release, so you should wait until Friday before emailing them and asking where it's at.