Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#1261 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

Is this true? I've always got all my other promos back if cancel an order they were applied to. Hopefully the same thing applies here as it seems like I need to cancel my Lost Planet 2 order after reading Jodou's post. If they can't add it to an ECA order, I'm only saving a few bucks using the credit rather than just adding it to an ECA order.

No, that's not true. It will only be lost if you cancel after the expiration date or if you return an item that shipped. Best advice is to use it on something cheap, that's only $10-20 since ECA is % based.

#1262 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

Couple of things for those with an ECA order and have gaming credit.

1. Email Amazon and ask them to add a game onto the order. Ask nicely and give the ASIN number in the email. Be sure to thank them as well.

2. Amazon customer service cannot directly apply gaming credit onto an order that has already had something ship out. I emailed customer service to do that and they said it's not possible in the system.

3. This is how you get around it. Lets say you have $20 in gaming credit. Email Amazon, give the order # and ask them if they can take off $20 from your order since you have $20 in gaming credit. Then ask if they can delete the $20 in gaming credit since you used it. I was able to get a customer service to rep to do this for me. They just took $10 off 2 games from my preorder. So instead of showing up $56, two of the games showed up $46.

#1263 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

3. This is how you get around it. Lets say you have $20 in gaming credit. Email Amazon, give the order # and ask them if they can take off $20 from your order since you have $20 in gaming credit. Then ask if they can delete the $20 in gaming credit since you used it. I was able to get a customer service to rep to do this for me. They just took $10 off 2 games from my preorder. So instead of showing up $56, two of the games showed up $46.

You got lucky and had a rep who knows what they're doing. Most of the time they will just shoot you down, so YMMV.

#1264 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

No, that's not true. It will only be lost if you cancel after the expiration date or if you return an item that shipped. Best advice is to use it on something cheap, that's only $10-20 since ECA is % based.

Yeah, I had planned to use it on Chronicles of Riddick since it is only $19.99. That way I'm only losing $6 of ECA discounts. But I wanted to test this combing order thing first. Thanks for your info, sounds like it is dead in the water.

Couple of things for those with an ECA order and have gaming credit.

1. Email Amazon and ask them to add a game onto the order. Ask nicely and give the ASIN number in the email. Be sure to thank them as well.

2. Amazon customer service cannot directly apply gaming credit onto an order that has already had something ship out. I emailed customer service to do that and they said it's not possible in the system.

I've done the third option with mixed results. Sometimes they will apply the credit (one time they forgot to actually remove my credit after manually subtracting $10 from a game so I got to use it twice) but other times they have denied my request. Last time I asked, they shot me down with a generic email about their promotions having specific requirements. I was testing to see if having them combine orders would work better.
Posted Image

#1265 alissima

alissima

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

Is this true? I've always got all type ofr promos back if I cancel an order they were applied to (though I've never done it with these video game credits). Hopefully the same thing applies here as it seems like I need to cancel my Lost Planet 2 order after reading Jodou's post. If they can't add it to an ECA order, I'm only saving a few bucks using the credit rather than just adding it to an ECA order without the credits and using them for something else.

if you get them back, it's luck. the system gets confused when an order is canceled or returned, etc. this happens differently depending on the type of promo it is as well. there are emails pre created for making exceptions and re-issuing promos that were used on canceled orders.

#1266 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:23 PM

Won't work; it's just a design flaw with how they handle orders, so it's not that they won't -- they just can't.

Yep, I just got an email saying they consolidated the orders. However, the two $10 video game promotional credits were no longer applied. Fortunately they are back in my cart.
Posted Image

#1267 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

What happens if Amazon lowers the price of the games in your preorder? I think you would be SOL.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#1268 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

What happens if Amazon lowers the price of the games in your preorder? I think you would be SOL.

Not worried about that. out of the all of the games I have ever pre ordered, only 1 has ever been lowered in price after pre ordering it. That was lowered like 1 dollar.

#1269 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

Sorry if this has already been answered, but is the promotion supposed to be reflected on the invoice? Here's what I'm talking about:

Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $56.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
------
Total for this Order:
$56.99

In the past, it usually said Promotion Applied: -$0.00, so I'm just wondering if they no longer include that bit. Thanks.

#1270 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

It shows the 0.00 promo on all my pre-orders that have promos attached

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#1271 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

Does anyone know the date the Bioshock 2 credit runs out?

I deleted the e-mail
Posted Image

#1272 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:34 PM

if you get them back, it's luck. the system gets confused when an order is canceled or returned, etc. this happens differently depending on the type of promo it is as well. there are emails pre created for making exceptions and re-issuing promos that were used on canceled orders.

Stop posting useless misinformation, thanks.

#1273 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

I deleted the e-mail

Well, we were all given two expiration dates, but the earliest of them was end of April. I'd try to use it by then just to be safe.

#1274 alissima

alissima

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

I deleted the e-mail

may 13, 2010.

and jodou, i pm'd you, regarding my "misinformation"

#1275 Afflicted

Afflicted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

ok finally got my credit for smb... just took a week and 2 emails.

#1276 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

Heavy Rain (PS3) has free DLC Heavy Rain Chronicles Episode 1 along with $10 credit for preorder on Amazon. I might bite on that deal.

Posted Image

#1277 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

Heavy Rain has a $10 credit? I dont see that anywhere.

#1278 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

Oh, that passed quickly. I swear the standard version of Heavy Rain had $10 credit earlier today. Or maybe I'm losing my mind. Ignore me.

Posted Image

#1279 argyle

argyle

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

I can verify that these credits will disapear if you cancel the order they are on, since it happened to me just the other night. I emailed customer service & they gave it back to me, but in the email they sent it said they are treated like coupons, and if you cancel you don't get them back.

Maybe some people have had different experiences...but I'd say cancel an order with the credit already applied at your own risk.
Posted Image

#1280 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

So this went back up to regular price? Why the extra $3?

#1281 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:05 PM

Thats a slap in the face on dragon age origins for those of us getting the more expensive CE the 10 bonus credit wont apply.

Now you know how I feel with teh Ultimate Edition of GoW3. It makes no sense.

#1282 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

I'll have to pre-order battlefield, but first I have a few questions. Will I get battlefield the day it comes out, or will that be the day it ships and I won't get it till Wednesday or Thursday? And... If I buy one of the xbox live arcade games from amazon do they just e-mail you a code?

#1283 lilman

lilman

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

I'll have to pre-order battlefield, but first I have a few questions. Will I get battlefield the day it comes out, or will that be the day it ships and I won't get it till Wednesday or Thursday?

You can get "release-date delivery" which means you get it on release day (March 2).

#1284 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:10 AM

You can get "release-date delivery" which means you get it on release day (March 2).

Just to add to that, release day delivery is free for prime members, otherwise it costs extra

#1285 lilman

lilman

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

Just to add to that, release day delivery is free for prime members, otherwise it costs extra

Yes, good point. And for those that haven't seen this, there are free trials of prime available [see thread].

I am currently on a 3 month trial and love it! When the trial run out I think I am going to sign up for a year and split the cost with some people in my house (with prime you can have up to four additional accounts on the same prime membership as long as they ship to the same address).

#1286 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:16 AM

still waiting for the Heavy Rain promo! C'mon Amazon don't fail me now!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#1287 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:00 AM

I love these bonus credit offers. Got in on a pre-order for BC 2, extremely tempted to order FF13 too.

#1288 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:35 AM

I HAVE IMPORTANT ADVICE

For those that preordered using the discover promo 10 off 50;

DO NOT EMAIL TO APPLY CREDIT TO THESE ORDERS

customer service will manually change the product price, say 59.99 to 49.99 and deduct your video game credit, thus making your discover promo ineligible, thus leaving you down $10.

I just called them to get my credit back.

#1289 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:01 AM

I ordered bc2, and I redeemed my code and, do my demise... it was only $5. Any advice?

#1290 QuickKill

QuickKill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:10 AM

Damn, now I have to pay $3 more. *sighs*