• Please log in to reply
7344 replies to this topic

#3811 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

The Raid
Hell yeah! One of the best action films in awhile. If you like Tony Jaa you have to see this. There are plenty of "Oh Shit" moments.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#3812 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Safe House - Not really an original movie, but it was enjoyable. I hated how (super spoilers)
Worth watching once though.

Son of a bitch. I thought you were talking about panic room and clicked on the spoiler. #-o

#3813 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

50/50

I was all excited seeing Morticia Addams in this. The whole cast was pretty damn great despite the movie being pretty damn predictable.

#3814 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

Dragon Tatoo was excellent. I hope Fincher is able to make the sequels. Also, One of the best title sequences I've ever seen.

Spoiler

I take it you never read the books. Let's just say that it is critical to the plot of the next two books.

50/50 has a pretty decent commentary track. They don't spend a lot of time talking about it, but it is interesting to hear Will Reiser talk about having cancer and how it influenced the movie.

Posted Image

#3815 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

I take it you never read the books. Let's just say that it is critical to the plot of the next two books.

Judging from the last scene I thought it might.

#3816 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Saw the raid over the weekend and it was fucking awesome. If you like kung fu/martial arts movies, you must watch this on the big screen. I said, "damn damn Daaaaayaaaamn!" like 17 times. There's really no story at all but it doesn't matter. The moves were incredible and ridiculous and it looked like these guys were really getting hit. If I had a dvd/blu of this, I'd rewind many scenes many times.

#3817 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

I saw 21 jump st, very funny
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#3818 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

^This, and I can't believe Chuck Norris wants to ruin the sequel!

Why Chuck why?
:cold:

Yeah Stallone should have told him to Fuck off, I mean actually told him "Hey Chuck, Fuck off".
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3819 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

anyone see american reunion? is that good?
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#3820 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Saw Real Steel and it was better than it had any right to be.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#3821 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Martha Marcy May Marlene - I think that was the name, it was worth watching but I don't think I'll ever watch it again.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3822 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

anyone see american reunion? is that good?

I thought it was pretty funny. On par with 2 and 3.

#3823 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

The Help.

Thought it was very good.

#3824 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

Lockout - Super sweet.

Will also be seeing The Cabin In The Woods and The Raid this weekend.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#3825 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

Final Destination 5 - Great
The premonition always fools me. This series has more creative deaths than the Saw movies.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>CML<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ ☆ Want Halo 4 ☆ plz
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#3826 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

Memento (2000)

Awesome.

UjCoyFa.png

#3827 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Fallen (1998)

8/10

Good acting but story was weak and made little sense.

NighT_Ryder31.png

10-22-00NoMercy_zpsb3f716d7.gif

#3828 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:01 AM

Cabin in the Woods - 4/5 - Going into this movie I didn't know much about it. I was pleasently surprised by how much humor there was in the movie. Also the amount of blood and gore was quite good, which has been absent in recent modern horror films. This movie starts off with 2 guys in lab coats talking about their day to day and suddenly the movie title pops up with dramatic music. This sets the pace of the random funny moments in Cabin. For a horror movie to take its horror story line seriously but also to be quite fun is hard to do. The balance between humor and seriousness often is failed in horror films. Cabin seems to succeed in both cases. Cabin will definitely keep you entertained and make you wonder how a movie like this even got made. I do not believe Cabin will be as enjoyable the second time around...but first time through its a riot.
Posted Image

#3829 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Cabin in the Woods - A must see if you like horror movies. Does what should have been done with horror movie tropes a long time ago. Very glad a movie like this could be made. If you liked Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, then you will like this.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3830 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

Act of Valor. Don't care what anyone says about it. I enjoyed it

Formerly known as slickkill77

#3831 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

Slumber Party Massacre- Decent Slasher
Friday the 13th Part 2- meh
The Raid- Best action movie I've seen in a while
Cabin in the Woods- A lot funnier than scary, but still entertaining
Lockout- Guy Pearce was probably the best part of the movie, everything else was kind of dull.

#3832 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Saw Hunger Games. I haven't read the books but now I want to.

Movie would have benefited greatly from a better director and another hour of running time to flesh things out.

Still, not a bad movie - but it's easy to see it could have been great - and that stings.

#3833 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Seeing as I'm not the biggest fan of Cruise or the other three MI movies, I didn't have the highest hopes going into this, but I was pleasantly surprised.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3834 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Movie would have benefited greatly from a better director and another hour of running time to flesh things out.

Still, not a bad movie - but it's easy to see it could have been great - and that stings.

I liked the first book a lot and I thought the movie was 20 min too long!

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#3835 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Seeing as I'm not the biggest fan of Cruise or the other three MI movies, I didn't have the highest hopes going into this, but I was pleasantly surprised.

It wasn't good, it wasn't bad. I did a blind buy and kind of regret it, but at least I have all four in the collection. Just felt like an awkward action film to me, that couldn't decide on suspense or humor. The suspense when it's good, is really good but never quite seemed to get to the top of the rollercoaster. Most of the humor falls flat (fucking Simon Pegg. . .) but it has its moments.

Hopefully it drops in price so I can get a few bucks back, but it's worth owning at $10 or less.

#3836 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Lethal Weapon Trilogy.

The first one was the best. Probably won't watch the fourth. South African chick was hot as hell. Bad guys in late-80s-to-mid-90s action movies sure fucking loved their helicopters.

Posted Image

#3837 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

The Help.

Thought it was very good.

When my fiance took me to see that I thought it was going to be horrible, but I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a while. I know it wasn't a comedy, and certainly got the importance of the subject matter, but a few of the women in that movie were just hilarious.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3838 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

When my fiance took me to see that I thought it was going to be horrible, but I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a while. I know it wasn't a comedy, and certainly got the importance of the subject matter, but a few of the women in that movie were just hilarious.

Plus, y'know, Emma Stone is pretty easy on the eyes.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3839 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

Replace movie and director with book and author and you have my exact feelings on the book. Well, minus the run time stuff.

Saw Cabin In The Woods today, brilliant movie. Probably helped that I'm a huge Whedon fan. I really wouldn't be surprised if the movie
Spoiler

#3840 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

Lethal Weapon Trilogy.

The first one was the best. Probably won't watch the fourth. South African chick was hot as hell. Bad guys in late-80s-to-mid-90s action movies sure fucking loved their helicopters.

the 4th one sucks skip it the first 3 are amazing but yeah 1 is the best.