Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7992 replies to this topic

#3991 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

Contagion - Pretty realistic and very well written.

Harold and Kumar Christmas - I enjoyed it. Better than White Castle, not as much as Gunatanmo Bay.

Paul - Hilarious and a pretty decently written comedy. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost shine again in another good movie.

how annoying i the alien in that? i wanted to watch it due to the shaun of the dead guys doing it but i hate the guy who voices the alien.

#3992 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

It was called the women's version of The Hangover, so of course, like with everything, the men's version will be better.

But the Hangover was overrated and sucked. I thought that movie was so bland compared to Bridesmaids. Hangover was just forced jokes as to where Bridesmaids was hilarious situations sprinkled throughout. Sorry, I blown away that people thing Hangover was that good. It really wasn't. I feel like it was one of those movies so hyped up that people felt forced to like it. As opposed to Bridesmaids where it was a movie people kinda didn't want to see but were surprises by it. Anywhoozles, just ranting about how whatever Hangover was, and don't even get me started on Hangover Part 2.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#3993 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Uh, if you don't think The Hangover was good, I need a list of movies you like.... so I can avoid them. That movie was great filmmaking - memorable characters, career-making roles, and it looked and was edited great. Bridesmaids looks like an SNL sketch compared to The Hangover. Seriously, no comparison. From the opening Danzig notes to the reveal at the end, just a fantastic movie.

The Dictator was only okay, somewhere between Borat and Bruno, but closer to Bruno for overall laughs. Nothing nearly as funny as the cockroaches and the nude chase in Borat, but a few LOL moments at the very least... and three red-band trailers before the movie.

And to the two parents who brought their 10-11 year old kids to Dictator - flock you. I hope the level of embarassment you felt during the movie (and trailers) was equal to the level of disgust the rest of us felt for your decision-making. Morons.

#3994 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

how annoying i the alien in that? i wanted to watch it due to the shaun of the dead guys doing it but i hate the guy who voices the alien.

That's Seth Rogen. It was a good movie. They focused on the backstory of Paul and there was a lot of popular culture from movies/tv based on the character.

I was shocked it got good reviews from critics, IMDB and rotten tomatoes. I didn't figure US crowds would like Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. Shaun of the Dead was over a lot of people's heads and not many found Hot Fuzz to be that good. I love their movies. Hell, I even liked Run Fatboy, Run.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#3995 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Harold and Kumar Christmas - I enjoyed it. Better than White Castle, not as much as Gunatanmo Bay.

did you find the 3d distracting? based on the commercials I thought maybe they would be making fun of movies with unnecessary 3D. You know movies that go 3D and suddenly now they have stuff flying at the screen all the time. (looking at you Resident Evil) instead they fell into the same trap

The Wild Hunt
Probably the best movie about LARPing ever.

you're telling me it's better than Darkon?

Spoiler

But the Hangover was overrated and sucked. I thought that movie was so bland compared to Bridesmaids. Hangover was just forced jokes as to where Bridesmaids was hilarious situations sprinkled throughout.

Spoiler

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#3996 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

did you find the 3d distracting? based on the commercials I thought maybe they would be making fun of movies with unnecessary 3D. You know movies that go 3D and suddenly now they have stuff flying at the screen all the time. (looking at you Resident Evil) instead they fell into the same trap

I watched it in regular 1080p. I didn't care about the 3D aspect. If anything the 3D they added was either for more shock value or shits and giggles. I still enjoyed it. I watched Resident Evil (4) in 2010 in 3D at the threaters and disliked it. The movie itself was bad, the 3D made it worse. I'm NOT a fan of 3D. I grew up with it being even worse in the 1980's.

Spoiler

I agree with your spoiler comment. Most people can't handle SR in large doses. I thought his voice would be terrible with Paul and I agree the plot sounded stupid but it was a very funny and good movie. I can only hope Frost and Pegg pop out some more excellent flicks.

Bolded my replies.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#3997 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

That's Seth Rogen. It was a good movie. They focused on the backstory of Paul and there was a lot of popular culture from movies/tv based on the character.

I was shocked it got good reviews from critics, IMDB and rotten tomatoes. I didn't figure US crowds would like Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. Shaun of the Dead was over a lot of people's heads and not many found Hot Fuzz to be that good. I love their movies. Hell, I even liked Run Fatboy, Run.

i cant see how anyone couldnt love hott fuzz i watch that thing almost once a week it never gets old and the jokes stay funny. again i was going to watch run fatboy run but because it seemed like an american film where they tried to cram in a popular british actor i figured id pass it up but now maybe ill watch both.

if you liked those films check out the spaced tv series and black books.

#3998 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Psycho (1998)

7/10

NighT_Ryder31.png

#3999 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

Psycho (1998)

7/10

Yeah, not terrible but most unnecessary remake ever.

You're never going to top the original, and they didn't even bring anything new to the table.

#4000 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

If anyone's bored watch Fido on Netflix. Pretty good goofy zombie movie.

#4001 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

fido was good. dead snow is a good zombie flick too.

#4002 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

And to the two parents who brought their 10-11 year old kids to Dictator - flock you. I hope the level of embarassment you felt during the movie (and trailers) was equal to the level of disgust the rest of us felt for your decision-making. Morons.

Did somebody say something to them? When Freddy vs Jason came out some parents brought servals kids. I swear one must've been no older than 7.

#4003 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

Yeah, not terrible but most unnecessary remake ever.

You're never going to top the original, and they didn't even bring anything new to the table.

It is a shot for shot remake so they didn't want to bring anything new to it. I haven't seem either

#4004 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

It is a shot for shot remake so they didn't want to bring anything new to it. I haven't seem either

Anyone who appreciates cinema should see the original Psycho. It's right up there with Star Wars and Casablanca as one of the all-time classics.

#4005 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

Anyone who appreciates cinema should see the original Psycho. It's right up there with Star Wars and Casablanca as one of the all-time classics.

I hear ya. I am late to some classics. Never seen Gone with the Wind or Casablanca

#4006 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

I hate the Psycho remake

The irony is back in the day we loved this music video but still noone wanted to go see the Psycho remake. Rob Zombie may be a terrible director but he is great in small doses.

#4007 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

Such a terrible director. I don't just not care for his movies, I hate them. All of them are so awful.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4008 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

just watched The Woman and wow just wow. definitely a must see if you like weird shit movie.

#4009 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Such a terrible director. I don't just not care for his movies, I hate them. All of them are so awful.

Well - you can't deny that this one was pretty awesome:

#4010 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

I hear ya. I am late to some classics. Never seen Gone with the Wind or Casablanca

GWTW is pretty good. But Casablanca is fucking awesome.

#4011 golliiath

golliiath

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

I just watched "The Stuff" on netflix, it was pretty awesome aside from a weird editing here and there.

#4012 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Well - you can't deny that this one was pretty awesome

Awesome for a trailer. The movie was never actually made, was it?

-----

On topic, saw Battleship today. It's pretty much exactly what the trailer leads you to believe it is, so if you've seen the trailer and watch the movie anyways and hate it, you have no one to blame but yourself.

I enjoyed it though. It was fun to watch. Lots of explosions and action, which is all a movie like that really needs to be. I thought Rihanna would ruin her parts of the movie, but she was actually pretty decent.

#4013 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

The Dictator was only okay, somewhere between Borat and Bruno, but closer to Bruno for overall laughs. Nothing nearly as funny as the cockroaches and the nude chase in Borat, but a few LOL moments at the very least... and three red-band trailers before the movie.

so the Dictator is more of the same? SBC doing his character in real world situations because based on the 3-4 commercials I've seen I wouldn't have guessed that. I actually wanted to see it when I thought it was an actual scripted comedy rather than a character improving. I COMPLETELY understand why a parent would think this would ok for a preteen. Especially if said parent isn't a fan of SBC and perhaps didn't see Borat or Bruno.
Spoiler

I'm actually extremely disappointed now because it looked amusing but if it's him doing the Ali G thing only with a new character I'm just not interested. Trailers that show him shooting runners, and throwing trashcans into taxis make it seem fun.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#4014 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Awesome for a trailer. The movie was never actually made, was it?

-----

Nope - that's what I mean about him being good in short doses.

I really enjoyed Grindhouse. I mean, I didn't think all that much about Planet Terror and Eli Roth gives me the creeps, but the rest of Grindhouse was really well done.

#4015 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

so the Dictator is more of the same? SBC doing his character in real world situations because based on the 3-4 commercials I've seen I wouldn't have guessed that. I actually wanted to see it when I thought it was an actual scripted comedy rather than a character improving. I COMPLETELY understand why a parent would think this would ok for a preteen. Especially if said parent isn't a fan of SBC and perhaps didn't see Borat or Bruno.

Spoiler

I'm actually extremely disappointed now because it looked amusing but if it's him doing the Ali G thing only with a new character I'm just not interested. Trailers that show him shooting runners, and throwing trashcans into taxis make it seem fun.

It is a scripted comedy. Some of the stuff from the trailers is not in the movie (e.g. the interview with Larry King). It's pretty funny. Not a great movie, but it made me laugh several times.

#4016 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

Dictator - I thought it was funny. Nowhere near as good as Borat but a lot better than Bruno.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#4017 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Nope - that's what I mean about him being good in short doses.

I really enjoyed Grindhouse. I mean, I didn't think all that much about Planet Terror and Eli Roth gives me the creeps, but the rest of Grindhouse was really well done.

The best parts of Grindhouse were outside of the two movies for sure.

Planet Terror was alright, Death Proof was ehh. I liked Planet Terror more, but I remember more of Death Proof for some reason.

Dictator - I thought it was funny. Nowhere near as good as Borat but a lot better than Bruno.

I'm hesitant to watch it. Is it worth watching if I've never really liked any of his scripted stuff?

#4018 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford-had seen it before. Still one of my favorite westerns.

Away We Go-- Sam Mendes' movie I hadn't heard of until seeing it in my netflix recommendations the other day. It was pretty funny in parts, but nothing great.

Grindhouse I really enjoyed pretty much all of. Haven't seen it since catching it in the theater when it was out. Bought the bluray cheap a while back but haven't got around to watching it.

#4019 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

I never got the non-love for Death Proof. If you are a fan of QT, it essentially has all the elements of his films with one of the best car stunt chases in recent memory. Is it Inglourious Basterds? No, but it's a pretty good QT movie.

It also gets better with each viewing, IMO.

#4020 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Death Proof was incredibly boring. QT's movies are all about dialogue and tense situations, but most of the dialogue in Death Proof was girl talk, and super fucking lame girl talk at that and none of it was tense (besides the car chase of course). You don't know how badly I wanted them all to die. I haven't seen Death Proof since I saw Grindhouse in the theater but I should probably give it another try. After an hour and a half of crazy action and gore in Planet Terror, I was so charged up that Death Proof brought me way down to the point where I didn't even give a shit about the car chase in the end.