Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7774 replies to this topic

#4591 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Dredd 3d and it was violent and graphic and gory....and I loved it.

#4592 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

The House of the Devil on Netflix. Very old school feel horror movie. Very slow, but didn't quite hit me with the horror like I thought it might. A couple violent parts (one took me by surprise with how sudden it was), but not terrible.

That movie does a fantastic job of not only making you feel like it's definitely set in the 80s but also gives you the feel that it was actually filmed in the 80s as well. Not a particularly spectacular movie but definitely worth seeing because it really sets the bar for "retro/nostalgia". Also, the fact that they did this... The House of the Devil (VHS/DVD Bundle)

The spiritual successor/followup to The House of the Devil, The Innkeepers, on the other hand is just plain terrible. I didn't even finish watching it I was so bored with it.

#4593 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

That movie does a fantastic job of not only making you feel like it's definitely set in the 80s but also gives you the feel that it was actually filmed in the 80s as well. Not a particularly spectacular movie but definitely worth seeing because it really sets the bar for "retro/nostalgia". Also, the fact that they did this... The House of the Devil (VHS/DVD Bundle)

I thought it said it was made in...2005 or something, but while I was watching it, I had to double check on IMDB that it wasn't just a re-release or something. It just felt so much like an old 80's movie that it had me completely fooled. I don't know how they have the film look the way it does, but damn if it wasn't a great nod to those olden days.

#4594 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Snow White and the Huntsman
Posted Image

thought every one was casted perfectly except for Kristen Stewart (as Snow White). She seriously doesn't change her expression at all during the entire movie. I was actually getting mad at her for not expressing any emotion when the movie was trying to get better but her performance was awful.

Nevertheless, even with her awful acting, the movie exceeded my expectations. I would even buy it (if it's cheap enough).

#4595 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Cabin In The Woods

Sorry Cabin fans, but this was one of the worst movies I've seen, I just did not understand what they were gong for. Was it trying to make fun of the horror genre? I rather watch a REAL actual horror film.

NighT_Ryder31.png

#4596 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Argofuckyourself!

Ben Affleck's winning streak continues. Gone Baby Gone is still his best work IMO, but this was a very well done movie.

Posted Image

#4597 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

No input on Here Comes the Boom? LOL I am disappoint. I thought people were going to be fighting over each other to get spots to watch that one.

/sarcasm

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#4598 simpleblur

simpleblur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Timecrimes, the cover art and title were marks against the film but the story was surprisingly cohesive despite it being a time travel film. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/

#4599 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Duh Green Lantern - 2/10

Considering, I knew it had Ryan Reynolds and I didn't have any expectations this was going to be any good at all it wasn't as bad as I thought I suppose...

Dredd - good, shame it's not doing better in the box office

Dredd 3d and it was violent and graphic and gory....and I loved it.

I just can't believe this got as much positive reviews as this... wtf.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#4600 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Sinister - Very unsettling and creepy movie. Actually scary unlike a lot of horror movies. I was really looking forward to it and it delivered unlike the last horror movie I was excited for that turned out to be a huge letdown (Silent House).

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#4601 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

No input on Here Comes the Boom? LOL I am disappoint. I thought people were going to be fighting over each other to get spots to watch that one.

/sarcasm

i actually do want to see it. I like Kevin James. He can be funny when they don't force the fatness (Grown ups, Dilemma, Hitch)

Cabin In The Woods

Sorry Cabin fans, but this was one of the worst movies I've seen, I just did not understand what they were gong for. Was it trying to make fun of the horror genre? I rather watch a REAL actual horror film.

i agree it was confusing thematically. Homage, Parody, or Genre expanding.. it's never really clear.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#4602 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

Cabin In The Woods

It was an IQ test and you failed.

#4603 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Sinister - Very unsettling and creepy movie. Actually scary unlike a lot of horror movies. I was really looking forward to it and it delivered unlike the last horror movie I was excited for that turned out to be a huge letdown (Silent House).

Lawn Party.

#4604 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

The new Silent Hill movie trailer actaully looks pretty good. Looks like they're going with a loose adaptation of the first game combined with elements from the third game.

#4605 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Little late to the party but I saw Lawless about a week ago. I enjoyed it. I have never been anti-Shia so he didn't bother me. The violence was pretty heavy when there was any action. The main villain really kept me on my toes cause you never knew how far he would go to further his agenda.

#4606 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

The new Silent Hill movie trailer actaully looks pretty good. Looks like they're going with a loose adaptation of the first game combined with elements from the third game.

I'm actually really looking forward to that. I enjoyed the first one a lot.

#4607 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Weren't you so depressed the whole time watching it though?

#4608 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

just rewatched Green Lantern.. :shake: it's such a bloody shame. Green Lantern is a good character but they just ruined it. Way too much CGI and I double checked the plot literally doesn't make sense. Contemplating putting up a blog about it but I kinda want more. I like Green Lantern just not this movie.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#4609 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Saw the Princess Bride for the first time, especially since I never got a chance to see it as a child. "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

Batsugunner.png

#4610 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

No Country for Old Men - Awesome
Warrior (2011) - Meh

UjCoyFa.png

#4611 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

just rewatched Green Lantern.. :shake: it's such a bloody shame. Green Lantern is a good character but they just ruined it. Way too much CGI and I double checked the plot literally doesn't make sense. Contemplating putting up a blog about it but I kinda want more. I like Green Lantern just not this movie.

They'd be better off doing it as an animated movie, actually a lot of these superhero movies would do better in animated form. The DCAU movies are usually pretty good, better than these mufti-million dollar live action films.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#4612 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

The last movie I saw in theater that I thought was gunna completely suck but ended up being awesome was Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

#4613 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

I thought it was a fun movie that had a lot of promise, but they kept waffling everything and dumbing it down. Personally, I still think John Stewart would've been a better choice than Hal Jordan. Knowing Hollywood, they probably would've casted Will Smith...lulz

#4614 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Lawn Party.

That scene was pretty hardcore and they didn't even show any blood/gore. I think Sinister is on the list of my favorite horror movies now and possibly favorite movies in general.

The last movie I saw in theater that I thought was gunna completely suck but ended up being awesome was Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

I agree. That movie was a lot better than expected. I really enjoyed it.

#4615 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

Just saw a movie in the theater for the first time since Pometheus. Watched 7 Psychopaths with my friend.

It was all over the place, but in the end I think I'm glad I watched it. Definitely not cliche! I don't know if I can recommend it to the general public - only to people that I personally know would like that kind of movie. Overall, In Bruges (by same writer) was better, IMO.

#4616 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

The Avengers .... Hate to say it but I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, I love superhero movies and this one was ok, I just felt it could have been better.

The buildup in the first half of the movie was pretty disappointing to me.

Maybe my opinion was skewed because I hold all superheros now to the standard of Iron Man. I thought Iron Man 1 was exceptionally well done.

#4617 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

How did you feel about Iron Man 2? I like 1 but 2 wasn't as good.

Batsugunner.png

#4618 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

The Avengers .... Hate to say it but I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, I love superhero movies and this one was ok, I just felt it could have been better.

The buildup in the first half of the movie was pretty disappointing to me.

Maybe my opinion was skewed because I hold all superheros now to the standard of Iron Man. I thought Iron Man 1 was exceptionally well done.

I thought I was the only one that wasn't that amazed either.

#4619 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

I enjoyed The Avengers, but just as a good popcorn movie. Some good action, good one liners etc. Overall an entertaining experience. But nothing mind blowing or anything I'd watch over and over. I'll probably buy it on Blu at some point, but not for more than $10.

#4620 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

I'm the complete opposite when it comes to The Avengers. And maybe it's because I'm enamored with the universe, as well as used to Joss Whedon. I thought the movie did most of the things (action, witty banter, emotional motifs, among others) pretty well, and juggles the star-studded, ensemble cast without particularly leaving anybody out.

And yeah, you could make the argument that Hawkeye needed more time, but he's just a dude with a bow and arrow. Albeit, a cool ass dude. Sure it had it's problems, but what movie doesn't? But each person has their own likes and dislikes, and I get that, while others don't.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies