7890 replies to this topic

#6271 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Don Jon with special guest

Spoiler

Would it not be possible for you describe how you found the movies or is there some form of embargo on them?

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6272 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Would it not be possible for you describe how you found the movies or is there some form of embargo on them?

Just like...pretend you don't care.

It's pretty obvious he's just trying to gloat.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#6273 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Oblivion.

Liked it a lot.

I really liked that one too. Any movie with a fight scene between Tom Cruise and Tom Cruise is gold in my book though.

I just watched The East. Not the greatest movie ever but I enjoyed it. Some weird parts in it that should have shown nudity but didnt, not quite sure I understand why they even bothered with those scenese.

#6274 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Nice spoilers bro.

I've already seen it, but that's a pretty big spoiler for anyone who hasn't.

#6275 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

I haven't seen it and I have no problem with that post.

#6276 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Honestly I'm not allow to share where or how to find early movie.

Check out  these videos of Joseph Gordon-Levit interview and Vin Diesel speech on youtube.

#6277 J7.

J7.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

I really liked that one too. Any movie with a fight scene between Tom Cruise and Tom Cruise is gold in my book though.

I just watched The East. Not the greatest movie ever but I enjoyed it. Some weird parts in it that should have shown nudity but didnt, not quite sure I understand why they even bothered with those scenese.

Well that's just great. That's gotta be a spoiler right? 

Nice spoilers bro.

I've already seen it, but that's a pretty big spoiler for anyone who hasn't.

Yup. I imagine it's like Mission Impossible 2. The whole Cruise vs Cruise fight is some big surprise that is supposed to shock you out of your seat. Only now it will just be oh ya, that's stupid what's the point of that.

#6278 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Riddick was badass.  Very weak ending but the meat of the story plays it safe in being Pitch Black 2 with just enough fan service to be a bonafide sci-fi cult classic.  My only hope is that the movie won't bomb (I went to a first showing last night in Imax that had less than 10 people including myself) because I genuinely love this franchise and the imagination it has.

Love, love this movie.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6279 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Horrible Bosses - great stuff. and now i want to rewatch office space.

#6280 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Check out  these videos of Joseph Gordon-Levit interview and Vin Diesel speech on youtube.

Riddick was badass.  Very weak ending but the meat of the story plays it safe in being Pitch Black 2 with just enough fan service to be a bonafide sci-fi cult classic.  My only hope is that the movie won't bomb (I went to a first showing last night in Imax that had less than 10 people including myself) because I genuinely love this franchise and the imagination it has.

Love, love this movie.

There's a movie mag I used to subscribe to (not anymore) but I frequent the site often still and there's an article about the movie I'd like to see your thoughts on since you've seen the movie - http://www.empireonl...ates/post/p1399

Sorry to confuse by found I meant enjoyed, The trailer for Don John looks pretty good but these kind of movies can be presented differently in tone and genre from the actual film. 

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6281 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Saw Riddick last night as well.

Really enjoyed it except for the fact that some reason there were multiple scenes where they shine some sort of light directly in your face. Pretty annoying.

#6282 KingZ

KingZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Last saw was World War Z, story was good, idk about the book. The ending was ok, I got the Z but I missed the part World War.

#6283 Monkah

Monkah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

I saw Kick-Ass 2 recently with my old roommate from college.  It was pretty dang good; Jim Carrey did a great job.

#6284 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Last saw was World War Z, story was good, idk about the book. The ending was ok, I got the Z but I missed the part World War.

The World War part was most of the movie. You know, with Brad Pitt going to different countries.

#6285 Dnipro Cojiro

Dnipro Cojiro

So... 2 guys walk into a bar... They're unconscious now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

I just watched The One (Jet Li) for an older movie it was bad ass

DniproCojiro.png

#6286 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

Watched man on a ledge. I was surprised by how much I liked it

#6287 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

There's a movie mag I used to subscribe to (not anymore) but I frequent the site often still and there's an article about the movie I'd like to see your thoughts on since you've seen the movie - http://www.empireonl...ates/post/p1399

Here's the thing with macho-man, gears-of-war-buff-dudes movies: they always reek of testosterone.  Everyone is trying to outdo each other for alpha male and women tend to be fodder for weakness.  I'm not going to get into the politics of it all because it's just a dumb, fun movie and doesn't affect the way I treat women at the end of the day.

I mean, they know their place is the kitchen anyway. JUST KIDDING LADIES. :lol:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6288 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I am Yu Law. I am nobody's bitch. You are mine.

I liked the movie a lot when I was younger and first saw it. I should watch it and see how I receive it now, haha.

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#6289 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I liked the movie a lot when I was younger and first saw it. I should watch it and see how I receive it now, haha.

Dat Papa Roach!

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#6290 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Very well done.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#6291 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

and for fun:

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#6292 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I went to Insidious: Chapter 2 Premiere last night. It was so scary and chillin. I met the producer Jason Blum, writer & actor Leigh Whannell, actor Angus Sampson, actress Lin Shaye and composer Joseph Bishara (Bathsheba from The Conjuring).

#6293 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

I want your job.

The Road - 3/5 - Some solid acting and cinematography, but there are far too many times when absolutely nothing happens. Stuff that should have been edited it but wasn't. As for the eventual book-movie comparison, the book was better in terms of portraying amazing characterization and motifs that the movie didn't. I'm kind of shocked we haven't seen Viggo Mortensen in anything since this. 

Posted Image

#6294 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm kind of shocked we have seen Viggo Mortensen in anything since this. 

Per IMDB these 3 have came out since the Road (2009), and he has 4 movies in post production currently.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#6295 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

World War Z 4/5- I really enjoyed the movie more then I thought going in. I am looking forward to the sequel.

Posted Image

#6296 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Per IMDB these 3 have came out since the Road (2009), and he has 4 movies in post production currently.

I've not heard of any of those movies, nor most of the post production films. And I follow a lot of different genres and outlets of films. I've heard he's become kind of a douche bag lately and wanting A++ money for all his roles. I dunno if that is true or not. 

Posted Image

#6297 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

A Dangerous Method is very good, and was a strong performance from him playing Freud. I've not seen the other two.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#6298 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Last week they were showing the Michael Douglas movie, the Star Chamber, where a Judge hires an assassin to kill a man acquitted of killing a boy due to a technicality, and then backs out of it. Sharon Gless, Michael's mom in Burn Notice was his wife, and wow she's barely aged in those 30 years.

Two days ago, they showed a Tom Selleck movie where he's a cop fighting against killer robots.  I was expecting androids like in Metropolis or Alien, but the robots were more like the ones you see in the battle competition shows.

Batsugunner.png

#6299 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

I haven't seen it and I have no problem with that post.

I haven't seen it so that post fucken sucks.

Life of Pi. Meh. Kept waiting for something to happen but nothing did.

#6300 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Saw The Grandmaster finally.

It was good, and very different from the other IP Man movies I've seen which makes it seem worthwhile and not pointless.

The main thing I didn't like is this weird motion effect they kept using over and over. Look horrible and took away from some of the scenes.