Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7953 replies to this topic

#6301 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

World war z - not bad. There were things I liked and some things I wasn't so keen on. 7/10

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6302 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

Prisoners - 5/5 - It was awesome!

#6303 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Saw The Grandmaster finally.

It was good, and very different from the other IP Man movies I've seen which makes it seem worthwhile and not pointless.

The main thing I didn't like is this weird motion effect they kept using over and over. Look horrible and took away from some of the scenes.

I don't know what it is about Donnie Yen that I don't like. He seems to be typecast as the super nice humble dude that will beat the living shit out of you, but for it doesn't really come off as being authentic...kinda like how Jet Lee doesn't really play an over-the-top badass very well(at least in US movies). Maybe it's because Yen's just not that great of an actor. Not saying he doesn't have skillz though.

I grew up in the same neighborhood as Yen and talking to some OG's, word is that he was always a bit of a douchebag...haha.

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#6304 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Iron Man 3

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6305 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

No no this is the last movie you saw that didn't suck thread.

#6306 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

The Bling Ring - did not like it all, just didn't like the screenplay and the acting in it. Watched it with my friend and brother and we all just didn't like it all. 4/10

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6307 KnightRobby

KnightRobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

Talladega Nights is absolutely hilarious. Definitely recommend if you need a laugh. Also, watched Fastest (it's a documentary about MotoGP) and I definitely recommend it. In addition, I recommend Long Way Round and Long Way Down as well. Favorite movie of all time, however, is Heat. Good to see a game (GTA V) inspired by the movie. Can't wait!
NOTE: WebQuad Out On eBay!
Posted Image

#6308 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Trouble with the Curve.  It was alright.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#6309 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

Just watched the Series premier of the new Fox show called "Sleepy Hollow", color me surprised it was,very good and looks to be a solid hit. I really enjoyed it, and an excellent modern day twist on a classic tale.
Posted Image

#6310 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Finally watched Zoolander a decade late. All the funny parts were in the promos, so the rest of the movie was pretty meh.

elessar123.png

#6311 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Finally watched trigun badlands they need to remake  the anime with this art look, it was pretty awesome. I wish vash talked to the plant like he did in the anime but he didn't

#6312 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Runaway Train is fucking AWESOME.

#6313 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Just watched JL Flashpoint Paradox. Good, but I preferred Doom and Crisis more.

#6314 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Finally saw Brazil. Didn't know exactly what to expect but thought it was great.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#6315 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

The Place Beyond the Pines -- i thought the plot was too extravagant, just never hit home for me. Had some of the best cinematography i've ever seen though. The bike and police chase was unbelievable.

#6316 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Argo was just ok.  Tagline argo Fuck yourself was probably the best thing to come out of it.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6317 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Lizzie - 4/5 - Creepy!
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D - 4/5 - It was amazing!

#6318 Dnipro Cojiro

Dnipro Cojiro

I change my pic more than I punch goldfish. And I punch A LOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

The Worlds End. Loved it, partly due to the fact that the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy has been my favorite movies for a long time. Fight scenes were really something.

#6319 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Just finished Green Lantern. I thought it was okay bordering on good. The comedy in the movie fell flat but all the serious stuff with the Guardians and the Lanterns worked for me. Ryan Reynolds acted too much like a jackass (maybe this was how he should have portrayed Deadpool?) so to see him get his act together was rewarding.  

Weird how much time wasn't devoted to Parallax.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#6320 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

World War Z: 7.9 - Better than I expected though I had heard as much. Forced myself to forget the book. Ending made sense but not epic at all. 

Horrible Bosses: 8.4 - 

Hangover 2: 6.7 - If you approach this like it's an eccentric indie movie, it works. If you approach this like a comedy, it bombs. 

Now You See Me: 7.2 - Forgettable but watchable. Using CG magic instead of practical FX ruins the sense of watching magic.

Riddick: 8.4 - Made the character more relevant than I would have thought. Film would have been better if they concentrated on Riddick and the dog.

The World's End: 8.8 - Worse than Shaun and Fuzz but still pretty great. The ending was a severe letdown. 

Alien 3 - Assembly Cut: 8.1 - Made the film much better than I remember it. Still don't agree with the decision to kill everyone off and Ripley felt like she was humanized yet out of character all at the same time.

Epic: 6.4 - Boring. Stilted action scenes. Stupid/Unfunny characters. Four good chuckle-inducing lines in the entire film. 

Runaway Train: 9.2 - So awesome. Jon Voight's Manny was freakin' BADASS! Eric Roberts gets annoying but that's part of his character. Beautiful cinematography. It's an under-appreciated classic.

The Fast and The Furious: 7.4 - More boring than I remember it. 

The Hangover 3: 7.6 - Better than the second one. Same idea. Good indie film. Bad comedy. I hate the Alan character and how no one actually snaps at him for his bullshit. That's more unbelievable than anything else that happens in these films. "Hey Alan. Your selfish behavior caused an increase in stress in your father and gave him heart attack. Lets take it easy on you."

2 Fast 2 Furious: 7.5 - For sheer escapism, definitely more fun than the first. Terrible CG. Less memorable characters. 

#6321 Dnipro Cojiro

Dnipro Cojiro

I change my pic more than I punch goldfish. And I punch A LOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

@Hero I agree with what you said about the ending, kind of blah.

#6322 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Solomon Kane - 2.5/5 - I was honestly expecting this to be god awful, and in some parts it was, but there was some good stuff buried beneath the cliches and overwriting. 

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#6323 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Sea Biscuit 4/5 Third viewing. Not as good as previous viewings. Some of the special features on Bluray are great.

#6324 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Ryan Reynolds acted too much like a jackass (maybe this was how he should have portrayed Deadpool?) so to see him get his act together was rewarding.

When the movie was first released, several fans noted that while the character was called Hal Jordan, he was written more like Kyle Rayner.

#6325 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

The Possession. It was ok, if cliche.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#6326 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Big Fish

Ed Wood

Haven't seen either before

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6327 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Big Fish
Ed Wood

Haven't seen either before

Tim Burton's last great movies.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#6328 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

Tim Burton's last great movies.

Wrong, Alice in Wonderland is great too. 

#6329 J7.

J7.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

Rest Stop - Decent premise, but bad editing, at times bad acting, bad directing, lots of crap that could've been filmed much better. damnit. 1.5/5

#6330 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Curse Of Chucky :

Decent. Suprised they didn't try to put it in theatres seeing how horror has fared at box office this year

Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people