Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7910 replies to this topic

#6391 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

This is the End - was actually super hilarious.

#6392 J7.

J7.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Rocky III - 4.5/5 - I think the Rocky movies are better when spaced apart by weeks, months, years. Rather than watching them daily. It becomes too familiar, they obviously weren't made to be watched that way.

#6393 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Rocky III - 4.5/5 - I think the Rocky movies are better when spaced apart by weeks, months, years. Rather than watching them daily. It becomes too familiar, they obviously weren't made to be watched that way.

I did all 6 during the course of a sick day, don't regret it at all. I was raised on Sly and Arnie films, I can get through even some of the crappier ones.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6394 J7.

J7.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:05 AM

I did all 6 during the course of a sick day, don't regret it at all. I was raised on Sly and Arnie films, I can get through even some of the crappier ones.

Ya don't get me wrong I still enjoy them a lot, it just feels that Sly's vision for the films works better when viewings are spaced apart. Watching one after another each day they feel more of the same than they actually are.

#6395 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

Gravity - 7/10

Just became too predictable. This is the movie: everything is fine>something bad happens>everything is fine>something bad happen

Repeat that for the whole movie. 

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#6396 Rip44

Rip44

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

World War Z 8/10

#6397 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

Hmm, Gravity. I don't know, sort of agree that predictability became a problem.

Spoiler

Elements like the dead daughter story were also weak. 

Think the biggest opportunity missed was that in the beginning of the movie they emphasized silence and lack of sound in space, but when the action got going, it was all obnoxious music playing over every movement. Some parts would have been terrifying in pure silence, but yeah, just another director who doesn't have the balls to rip sound in a space movie. 

The first 20 minutes are very,very gripping, though.

#6398 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Gravity - I loved it.  Everything about it was fantastic.  Bullock did a great job and Clooney was fine for his part.  The special effects and cinematography were outstanding.  This is the first movie since Avatar that was worth the price to see in 3D.

#6399 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Watched the Fiend without a Face last night, though I kinda skimmed over the exciting parts ie the end, cause I was kinda sleepy. It's pretty slow and plodding, but it's an alright movie. I do wonder about a continuity error regarding the female character's hair.

Besides this is the fiend:

250px-OmoikaneSMT2.jpg

It's also seen in the Shin Megami Tensei series, but it's named Omoikane, after a Shinto god of intelligence.

Batsugunner.png

#6400 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Watched The Fountain, cool artistic move with an amazing score. Truth be told, I listen to Film Scores Radio on Pandora all day at work and it was the music from the movie that caused me to watch the movie. 

Another incredible movie that is much less known is Sunshine. I highly suggest it especially for everyone that has been checking out Gravity.

sumderek.png

New List of Games for Sale http://www.cheapassg...-credit-paypal/

#6401 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

There is no such thing. They are ALL EPIC
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#6402 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

This Is The End - I thought it was just ok, nowhere near as funny as people make it out to be.  Danny McBride was the best part and he wasn't in it enough.  The only part I really laughed at was when Danny and Franco were talking about jerking off.  I guess it doesn't help that I don't find Jonah Hill funny at all.

#6403 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Watched The Fountain, cool artistic move with an amazing score. Truth be told, I listen to Film Scores Radio on Pandora all day at work and it was the music from the movie that caused me to watch the movie.

Another incredible movie that is much less known is Sunshine. I highly suggest it especially for everyone that has been checking out Gravity.

Yup, I watched sunshine when it was in theaters. Mainly only AMCs showed it as part of their indie selection. They used to always have a screen dedicated to indie type movies. But with the effects you wouldn't know it. Maybe just because they couldn't get major studio support behind it. Went with a few girls who hated it, but I still enjoy it. Got it on Bluray, the music in the epic scenes is fan-freaking-tastic with a great sound system.
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6404 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Spoiler

Think the biggest opportunity missed was that in the beginning of the movie they emphasized silence and lack of sound in space, but when the action got going, it was all obnoxious music playing over every movement. Some parts would have been terrifying in pure silence, but yeah, just another director who doesn't have the balls to rip sound in a space movie. 

I think if Clooney

Spoiler

And somehow, even the lame attempt with the dead daughter story didn't make me care about her more.

#6405 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Saw Rush yesterday with my dad. Thought it was okay but a whole lot of stuff left out, definitely could have been much better. 5.5/10

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#6406 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Gravity - Great; phenomenal cinematography and a great performance from Bullock.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6407 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

Gravity - 7/10

Just became too predictable. This is the movie: everything is fine>something bad happens>everything is fine>something bad happen

Repeat that for the whole movie. 

That's great to know, when I watch the movie I'll know that any time something bad happens it will turn out ok. AWESOME! 

Spoiler

Think the biggest opportunity missed was that in the beginning of the movie they emphasized silence and lack of sound in space, but when the action got going, it was all obnoxious music playing over every movement. Some parts would have been terrifying in pure silence, but yeah, just another director who doesn't have the balls to rip sound in a space movie. 

Thanks for the spoiler. It's great to know someone's daughter is dead or will be dead. And now that I quoted you, I saw your other spoiler. Wonderful.

#6408 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

The daughter thing isn't really a spoiler, lol, it's part of the premise.

Anyway, the movie is entirely visual. There's really nothing to spoil. If you've ever seen a movie you'll know how this one is going to end after about 15 minutes or so.

#6409 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

That's great to know, when I watch the movie I'll know that any time something bad happens it will turn out ok. AWESOME! 

Thanks for the spoiler. It's great to know someone's daughter is dead or will be dead. And now that I quoted you, I saw your other spoiler. Wonderful.

Life is hard.

Sandra Bullock learns that in the movie (spoiler btw)

#6410 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Life is hard.

Sandra Bullock learns that in the movie (spoiler btw)

Saying that every time something bad happens it turns out ok, and this repeats the entire movie, is a spoiler. So I'll watch the movie, something bad will happen like Sandra drifting away from the ship out into space but at the last second she will get rescued. Then some part of the ship will breakdown, look like it's the end for them, but they will somehow get it working again. That is a spoiler. You've told people what is going to happen before they got to see it for themselves. 

#6411 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

Saying that every time something bad happens it turns out ok, and this repeats the entire movie, is a spoiler. So I'll watch the movie, something bad will happen like Sandra drifting away from the ship out into space but at the last second she will get rescued. Then some part of the ship will breakdown, look like it's the end for them, but they will somehow get it working again. That is a spoiler. You've told people what is going to happen before they got to see it for themselves. 

A lot of movies are like that, but you can still enjoy em.

#6412 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

So...do you think everyone's going to die a half hour in or something?

There's only 2 people up there and both are played by big name actors. Plus, the whole point of the movie is thrilling near-death in the vaccum of space. Like Planetes only less quirky and no terrorists. What exactly did you expect?

#6413 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

This Is The End - I thought it was just ok, nowhere near as funny as people make it out to be. Danny McBride was the best part and he wasn't in it enough. The only part I really laughed at was when Danny and Franco were talking about jerking off. I guess it doesn't help that I don't find Jonah Hill funny at all.

I kind of felt the same way though I did like it a bit more. The opening party scene could have been a little longer with even more cameos, or at least longer conversations.

People did make it out to be like the funniest movie of all-time, which it's not. I did like it much better than Pineapple Express though.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#6414 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

So...do you think everyone's going to die a half hour in or something?

There's only 2 people up there and both are played by big name actors. Plus, the whole point of the movie is thrilling near-death in the vaccum of space. Like Planetes only less quirky and no terrorists. What exactly did you expect?

I was really looking forward to watching the movie and I didn't know anything about it's plot other than there are people in space desperately trying to get back to Earth. I didn't care to know bad stuff happens and it always turns out ok. That's like watching a football game when you already know the score and outcome.

Or maybe one of them dies, but now I know they'll be ok! I didn't know it only had 2 actors and I've seen other movies where big time actors die. Movie would've been a helluva lot better if I didn't know all this shit beforehand. 

#6415 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

I was really looking forward to watching the movie and I didn't know anything about it's plot other than there are people in space desperately trying to get back to Earth. I didn't care to know bad stuff happens and it always turns out ok. That's like watching a football game when you already know the score and outcome.

Or maybe one of them dies, but now I know they'll be ok! I didn't know it only had 2 actors and I've seen other movies where big time actors die. Movie would've been a helluva lot better if I didn't know all this shit beforehand. 

You're really giving the plot a lot more credit than it deserves.

It's on par with any other disaster movie. The focus of this movie is easily the visuals, I don't think anyone would say otherwise.

#6416 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

It was pretty obvious from the trailers and TV spots (as well as the genre conventions) what was going to happen and how many characters there were. Hell, I myself have not seen the movie and have no desire to (I liked it better when it was called Planetes) and I was able to tell that just from the trailer.

If you are watching the movie, you are going to see thrilling danger sequences in the vaccum of space. If you are non-plussed during said sequences, that's the director's fault, not anyone here.

#6417 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

The Lords of Salem

Hatchet 2

Aftershock

#6418 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

The Road  - good but a bit depressing

Room 237 - awesome in it's lunacy.

Both are on Netflix, Room 237 is a documentary really.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#6419 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Curse of Chucky was straight to DVD? I see it on Redbox but don't remember this coming to theaters...

NighT_Ryder31.png

#6420 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Curse of Chucky was straight to DVD? I see it on Redbox but don't remember this coming to theaters...

Yep straight to DVD/Blu-Ray, but don't be fooled it's better then the recent Chucky films.
Posted Image