Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
7337 replies to this topic

#2881 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

Super. Really twisted and funny take on the regular person becoming a super hero genre. Went further than Kick Ass but not as serious as Defendor.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#2882 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

Paused Thor and X-Men First Class, but have to say Thor's armor is just plastic. And that whole blue GIRL (X-Men movie now) at the fridge was dumb.

No wonder Marvel shat 4 movies out in one year. I don't think I can finish more than 10 minutes each.

My god, the last movie I really enjoyed was probably District 9. Fucking Hollywood.

I enjoyed Thor even though it wasn't all that great, but why so critical about his armor that he only wears for 15 minutes of the whole movie? :lol:

#2883 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

saw the Fame remake on netflix last night and it was ok for a remake. liked some of the music too.

#2884 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

saw the Fame remake on netflix last night and it was ok for a remake. liked some of the music too.

It's weird that the main girl was actually around 18 when she filmed the movie. She looks so much younger that I was a little creeped out by the scene with the older guy.

#2885 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

It's weird that the main girl was actually around 18 when she filmed the movie. She looks so much younger that I was a little creeped out by the scene with the older guy.

the girl who the guy tried to rape her yeah? i think i remember her from some disney show about the future or something.

#2886 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

I saw this FANTASTIC film called The Room and it is truly the best movie I have ever seen. The characters performances were so moving that it brought me to "tears".

Posted Image

#2887 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

X-Men: First Class.

Thought it was damn good. One of the better comic book movies in recent years.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2888 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

The Reader
Actually better than I thought it would be since a few friends said it dragged a bit in the 3rd act.
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2

#2889 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

Surprisingly the last movie you saw did suck?

Is it really that bad?

Yes.

CG on par with Van Helsing.

Horrible acting.

The only plus is Blake Lively. :drool:

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#2890 eaglestrikeforce

eaglestrikeforce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

Cowboys & Aliens. It's great for being so inane - and fairly accurate, as Westerns go (not the aliens, of course). At any rate, it replaced Scorpion King as top dog for me in the escapism stupid entertainment category.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your kung fu sucks.

Posted Image

Instagram :shock: Twitter :shock: Facebook

#2891 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

Yesman

I'm not a carey fan and I didn't have any real expectations. being buzzed helped too. I guess it was good. I made it through the whole thing. I suspect my best friend was trying to tell me something more than just recommend this movie... :\

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#2892 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

Harry Potter 1 & 2 (I'll be damned if I type out the full names)

I'm not a fan of HP to say the least, never have been never will.
But I was presented a challenge last night, and challenge in which I must watch all the HP movies and Lord of the Rings (Extended cuts only) movies by Monday.

My body is ready.

#2893 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

Good luck at Harry Potter if you are not a fan. I was able to down some of the movies by seeing them far apart (I only saw 4 of them) but I would go crazy if I had to go through the entire series in a week.

#2894 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

LOTR was so baller. I respect HP but I have to say the characters are ass. The kid literally has no personality to him other than whining and asking questions, and Hermoine, Ron, and Malfoy are archetypes that any child would put together if they were to think of their own novel. I read most of the books as a kid, but no surprise that I eventually stopped when they started to take themselves too seriously.

If anything, in the later movies, the new director really shows he has a knack for fantasy art direction. A lot of stuff in those movies is just badass to watch.

UjCoyFa.png

#2895 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

If anything, in the later movies, the new director really shows he has a knack for fantasy art direction. A lot of stuff in those movies is just badass to watch.

Yeah, it seems like Pan's Labyrinth kinda changed the art style for fantasy movies to something that naturally fits Harry Potter well.

I liked all the Harry Potter movies. Kids movies tend to suck so bad these days, but the HP movies reminded me of the "darker" shit I watched when I was a kid, like The Secret of NIMH (fucking LOVED that movie).

#2896 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

Finally got around to watching Thor - predictable, but quite a bit more entertaining than anticipated.

Green Lantern is next.

#2897 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:54 AM

Star Wars Episode II-Attack of the Clones.

Got stalled for while in working my way through the series on Bluray.

Like Episode 1, I liked this one more after having not seen it for several years. It's better than the first for sure. Hampered by Christensen's stiff acting and some terrible dialogue in the love story plot line, but otherwise it's pretty solid. I like the political stuff with playing both sides in the war, Palpatine coming to power etc. Love scene at the end with all the clone troops marching, star destroyers taking off and the Imperial March playing.

I'm still of the opinion that Lucas should have condensed the plots of Episodes 1 and 2 into one movie and had two movies to focus on the clone wars, Anankin's fall and the rise of Vader/the Empire.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2898 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:52 AM

Star Wars Episode II-Attack of the Clones.

Got stalled for while in working my way through the series on Bluray.

Like Episode 1, I liked this one more after having not seen it for several years. It's better than the first for sure. Hampered by Christensen's stiff acting and some terrible dialogue in the love story plot line, but otherwise it's pretty solid. I like the political stuff with playing both sides in the war, Palpatine coming to power etc. Love scene at the end with all the clone troops marching, star destroyers taking off and the Imperial March playing.

I'm still of the opinion that Lucas should have condensed the plots of Episodes 1 and 2 into one movie and had two movies to focus on the clone wars, Anankin's fall and the rise of Vader/the Empire.

on top of that jango and darth maul both died too soon and too easily.

#2899 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:55 AM

Not my last movie but last one in the theater was Real Steal, it was more than I expected and surprisingly liked it!

#2900 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban

Only got one movie under my belt today, but considering that I was juggling back and forth between FFXIII and moderating a 30,000+ member FB group that was marked for bombardment by trolls all day today, I'd say that's good enough.
I guess I liked it, but I still don't see why everybody loves Harry Potter so much...

#2901 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban

Only got one movie under my belt today, but considering that I was juggling back and forth between FFXIII and moderating a 30,000+ member FB group that was marked for bombardment by trolls all day today, I'd say that's good enough.
I guess I liked it, but I still don't see why everybody loves Harry Potter so much...

its the books man if you read the books youd get it. the first 2 movie did a great job representing the books after that each movie after kinda drifted further from the books and alot of interesting and key stuff was either left out or changed.

i felt the way you did until i took the time to ead the books then i was hooked. i hear the books on tape are pretty good too but bloody expensive.

#2902 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

its the books man if you read the books youd get it. the first 2 movie did a great job representing the books after that each movie after kinda drifted further from the books and alot of interesting and key stuff was either left out or changed.

Well, the books just kept getting longer and longer, but the movies didn't, so they became more like basic plot synopses. And if the director wanted to focus on a few scenes, he had to leave even MORE out. So the books got better as they went (mostly) IMO, but the movies got worse (generally). Although I haven't seen the last two movies yet.

#2903 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

I've never been a fan of Harry Potter and I have read all the books and saw all the movies except the last two. Also, the character of Harry Potter is awful imo.

#2904 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Also, the character of Harry Potter is awful imo.

Agree on that for sure. If you didn't like them then why did you read more than 1 or 2 books? Same for movies?

#2905 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

I grew up with the books/movies, but after the 5th book I kind of stopped caring and finished the series just to see how it would end. The movies, after the 4th, I watched because I either had nothing better to do or friends wanted to watch them.

#2906 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

First one I was able to sit all the way through without interruption nor the sudden urge to do something a bit more stimulating; like watch paint dry.
I guess I'm liking the series better as I watch more, damn thing is growing on me.
Also sorta looking forward to tomorrow when I marathon the shit out of the last 3 movies. (Not bothering with DH pt.2 until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray Nov 11th)

#2907 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

The Big Lewboski! Finally got around to watching it on Netflix. I guess Swingers is next!

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#2908 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith.

This one I actually really like. There's some crummy dialogue here and there, but overall it's pretty damn good IMO. Only semi-major flaw is Anakin's fall feels a bit abrupt, but that's more a fault of them wasting so much time on pointless crap in the first two prequels.

Again, the prequel trilogy could have been much better if they'd combined the first two movie's plots into one, and spent two movies on the clone wars and Anakin's fall.

But overall, they got it mostly right in this last one IMO and it's the one of the prequels worthy of the Star Wars name.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2909 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

First one I was able to sit all the way through without interruption nor the sudden urge to do something a bit more stimulating; like watch paint dry.
I guess I'm liking the series better as I watch more, damn thing is growing on me.
Also sorta looking forward to tomorrow when I marathon the shit out of the last 3 movies. (Not bothering with DH pt.2 until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray Nov 11th)

That's the only one I wasn't bored during. Every movie after that is incredibly boring. I don't know why I watched them, but I regret it. Terrible movies, I don't understand why they're so popular.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#2910 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

I like all the Harry Potter movies personally. The books are better, but all the movies were good IMO. Certainly didn't find any of them boring. But to each their own and all that.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection