Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Steam discussion topic! Joy and happiness, right here, folks.

• Please log in to reply
4287 replies to this topic

#1051 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:30 AM

Not Steam but Quake Live. So good for just a quick round or two.

#1052 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

Midweek madness is
Shadowgrounds Pack - 75%
Shadowgrounds - 75%
Shadowgrounds Survivor - 75%
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#1053 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

Midweek madness is
Shadowgrounds Pack - 75%
Shadowgrounds - 75%
Shadowgrounds Survivor - 75%

Sounds interesting, good deal considering only one of those costs 5 bucks at the local Half price books.

Anyone play these?

#1054 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:01 PM

I heard that Survivor is a remake of the original and is much better overall. Any truth to that? Cause I'll just buy that one instead of both.

#1055 DrFoo

DrFoo

I think I can beat you.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

Sounds interesting, good deal considering only one of those costs 5 bucks at the local Half price books.

Anyone play these?

Yeah I played the original. I'd say it's definitely worth it at those prices. It's basically like a darker Diablo 2 with guns and no leveling.

I heard that Survivor is a remake of the original and is much better overall. Any truth to that? Cause I'll just buy that one instead of both.

From what I've heard it's very similar (with the same story and some of the same enemies) but has a new campaign and some new features.

#1056 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

Hmm looks pretty fun for only 4.99

Edited by evildeadjedi, 16 February 2010 - 09:52 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1057 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:22 AM

I was just about to install my hard copy of the original Shadowgrounds tonight, because I'm #3 in the Goozex queue for it. This sale probably means I'll be #3 for a while longer...
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1058 aTOH

aTOH

RAMENhameha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:39 AM

I upgraded my PC recently, allowing me to play games in windowed mode, so pretty much any game that let's you window mode is a time waster for me. During the past few days, I've been replaying HL2 bit by bit in maybe 5-10 minute bursts. I also play Audiosurf, and it's usually only for one song, so that's a good 3-5 minutes. Street Fighter IV training mode is good for practicing links & etc to fill time, but I usually end up in there for too long. And, if my wheel is set up, OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast is a fun time waster.

I love windowed mode.
うぃっす!

#1059 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:51 AM

I upgraded my PC recently, allowing me to play games in windowed mode, so pretty much any game that let's you window mode is a time waster for me. During the past few days, I've been replaying HL2 bit by bit in maybe 5-10 minute bursts. I also play Audiosurf, and it's usually only for one song, so that's a good 3-5 minutes. Street Fighter IV training mode is good for practicing links & etc to fill time, but I usually end up in there for too long. And, if my wheel is set up, OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast is a fun time waster.

I love windowed mode.

Since you are going through HL2 again. Download the Fakefactory Cinematic 10 mod. Total remake of the game almost, all in hi res

#1060 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:16 AM

Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood is a good time waster hehe.

Pirates Vikings and Knights II is a mod that was released on steam for HL2, that's a fun one too.

#1061 aTOH

aTOH

RAMENhameha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

Since you are going through HL2 again. Download the Fakefactory Cinematic 10 mod. Total remake of the game almost, all in hi res

Oh, sick! Thanks for telling me about that, didn't know it existed. Perfect timing, too, I think. Just got to Ravenholm earlier today. Sucks that you need Ep1+2 though. 10+gigs to download tomorrow..
うぃっす!

#1062 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:05 AM

Oh, sick! Thanks for telling me about that, didn't know it existed. Perfect timing, too, I think. Just got to Ravenholm earlier today. Sucks that you need Ep1+2 though. 10+gigs to download tomorrow..

Yeah, it uses a lot of graphic engine enhancements from Ep2 engine as well as some of both Eps assests.

Some of the stuff takes getting use too, like all the major characters have had their models redone and Alex especially doesn't look like she use too, but hey they put boob jiggle in lol

#1063 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

Civilization V has been announced!!!!!!

http://kotaku.com/54...s-pcs-this-fall

Hopefully Steam has some kind of great sale where I can get it for $35 or less day one. Either a 4 pack or a discount if you have bought the past games would do the trick ;)
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher

#1064 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

Weird! Well I hope they don't screw it up. :)

I'm not sure what the writer is talking about with hexagons--Civ IV already has hexagons.

#1065 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

The guy probably hasn't played Civ games, cause you always moved in a hex pattern but the grid just wasnt viewable

#1066 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:32 AM

Shattered Horizon $9.99

You can play it for free the whole weekend if you're on the fence.

http://store.steampo....com/app/18110/

The 4 pack is $29.99. Get some friends and save even more. Also beware it's a DX10 only game. I know some people picked it up during the Holiday sale. Any thoughts?

#1067 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:03 AM

Fakefactory is fucking hideous. The new character models are just awful, and simply do not gel with Half-Life's art direction. It's interesting to look at for a few minutes, just to fool around and to see the Source engine really getting taxed, but if you ask me, anyone actually playing through the game with Fakefactory is doing themselves a disservice.

There is a far better, totally seamless HL2 update mod, that isn't horribly garish. It adds all of the extra graphical prettiness from the 360/PS3 version of HL2. The graphical update for the 360/PS3 version was created Valve themselves (but was simply never patched into the PC version), so it fits in perfectly with the game's art direction. It even adds the achievements support. It's available here:
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1093025

Shattered Horizon $9.99 [...] Any thoughts?

Yeah, Shattered Horizon fucking owns. It isn't for babby scrubs, though, so beware.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#1068 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:19 AM

Fakefactory is fucking hideous. The new character models are just awful, and simply do not gel with Half-Life's art direction. It's interesting to look at for a few minutes, just to fool around and to see the Source engine really getting taxed, but if you ask me, anyone actually playing through the game with Fakefactory is doing themselves a disservice.

There is a far better, totally seamless HL2 update mod, that isn't horribly garish. It adds all of the extra graphical prettiness from the 360/PS3 version of HL2. The graphical update for the 360/PS3 version was created Valve themselves (but was simply never patched into the PC version), so it fits in perfectly with the game's art direction. It even adds the achievements support. It's available here:
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1093025

Yeah, Shattered Horizon fucking owns. It isn't for babby scrubs, though, so beware.

Considering I've (and probably most others by now)played through HL2 a good half dozen times since it has come out as well as the 2 episodes it is nice to see a high def HL2. I don't care for most the new character models much myself, but after while I hardly notice anymore and couldn't care less.

#1069 namster1337

namster1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

http://www.moddb.com...oldeneye-source

Goldeneye: Source Beta 4 is out, if anyone is interested.
Posted Image

#1070 VGmnk

VGmnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

Did anyone get Shadowgrounds, and if so, how is it? I was tempted to buy this, and I figured I would, but I procrastinated, and I wonder if I should be sad or not

#1071 kilm

kilm

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:52 AM

there are some demos available on steam
http://store.steampo...d.com/app/2510/
http://store.steampo....com/app/11220/

Try it yourself and see how you like it. IMO, you're not missing much.

#1072 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

It's funny, I was/am happy that this weekend deal was something I didn't want, but here I find myself wanting to buy a game cause I didn't get one now, wtf is wrong with me lol

#1073 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:55 PM

The guy probably hasn't played Civ games, cause you always moved in a hex pattern but the grid just wasnt viewable

You don't move in hexes, you move in a square pattern.

The main difference is how many forces you can get in on one zone. In a square pattern, you can get 8 forces surrounding, in a hex you can only get 6.

To most people, this is minor at best. To a wargamer, I love that Civ moved to hexes.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#1074 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:11 AM

You don't move in hexes, you move in a square pattern.

The main difference is how many forces you can get in on one zone. In a square pattern, you can get 8 forces surrounding, in a hex you can only get 6.

To most people, this is minor at best. To a wargamer, I love that Civ moved to hexes.

I have no idea why I thought that, you are right.

Might be due to ton of hours I've been putting into Kings Bounty, hex grid battles is all I can see now, and I swear I hear the games music when it isn't even on. /cry

#1075 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

Something I'm curious about. How many games do people have through Steam? I know my number almost doubled over the holiday sale. I have 123 games listed in my account, with 116 installed on my desktop and 102 installed on my laptop.

Edited by JP, 23 February 2010 - 02:04 PM.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1076 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

Damn! I've got about 50, and I keep about half installed; something huge like Bioshock that I'm done playing I uninstall. 1 system—my desktop.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1077 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

Looks like the Midweek Madness deal will be Wings of Prey at 50% off (reg. price $49.95). Steam had it up and took it down for a minute so we'll see.

http://store.steampo....com/app/45300/

EDIT: Now showing up as $24.99

#1078 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

It is a good game at a fair price, but the DRM kills it. 3 install limit and you need to make a yuplay account to access parts of the game from what I have read.

I was wrong about the online having to be connected thing, I had gotten things a bit mixed up in my half asleep just waking up head. I was looking at a game called Rise of Flight that required online all the time, then I was reading a UBI hate thread and was posting this deal up at the sametime.

So totally my fault on that, my apologies.

Edited by KaOTiK, 23 February 2010 - 09:14 PM.

#1079 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

It is a good game at a fair price, but the DRM kills it. 3 install limit and you need to make a yuplay account and be connected to it at all times you play (single player as well).

I really think there should be huge warnings for crap like that.

On the subject of how many games I own...not about to count but I bet its around 70-100 now.

Different subject Psychonauts PC port has some horrid controls even with the 360 controller it takes a lot of tampering to get it to be even decent.

And finally awsome subject. Destructoid posted a story that a new 2D worms game is in development for steam!

#1080 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=253214

Serious Sam HD down to $7.49, also has a 4-pack deal. I plan on doing a 4-pack with people.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.