Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3394 replies to this topic

#3001 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

Took the net longer than usual tonight to get crappy but here's what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

I could run it again and it would get a B. Then maybe even another B but after that it will get a C or a D at this time or even worse several times in a row.

Sometimes it losses a few packets and sometimes it losses a lot of packets. One time the Ping/Jitter was normal and it lost 8 percent of the packets which gave it a grade of F and caused insane lag spikes.

B result seems good enough. If its a C result it tends to be somewhat laggy. If its a D or F result you might as well give up for a while.

I do realize out of several test if it just happened to pop up with 1 C result and the rest was B. It really isn't that big of a deal. If you keep getting D or F it becomes a issue. When my internet completely tanked the ping to SC was 300-500ms. It kept getting a D or F grade for over 3 hours. It was just laughable when it did that. Last night and the night before was all over the place. It wasn't worth even trying to play a game on it. Tonight seems like it might be decent at this time but I'm not really in the mood to play anything.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#3002 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

Yes I have. Why do you ask? I also have a laserdisc player, a DVDO iScan HD+ Upscaler to upscale 240p to 1080p and other stupid ass equipment.

I had a neo geo home system as a kid multiple times, but kept having to resell them due to DAT POVERTY. Check these out:

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Works on PC, PS3, Android, etc. They are amazing and feel just like the real deal did, although they're a bit lighter, i might add some weights to them to make them feel 100% authentic. I thought you'd appreciate these suckers, so damn nice.

#3003 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

I had a neo geo home system as a kid multiple times, but kept having to resell them due to DAT POVERTY. Check these out:

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Works on PC, PS3, Android, etc. They are amazing and feel just like the real deal did, although they're a bit lighter, i might add some weights to them to make them feel 100% authentic. I thought you'd appreciate these suckers, so damn nice.

Nah son. I always used custom happ sticks. I'm American. Fuck that Jap shit. Disregard them imports and get you AMERICAN MADE HAPP. If you're HAPP Y and you know it clap your hands bro.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#3004 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

Nah son. I always used custom happ sticks. I'm American. Fuck that Jap shit. Disregard them imports and get you AMERICAN MADE HAPP. If you're HAPP Y and you know it clap your hands bro.

I grew up with happ sticks at american arcades, but i tend to play better on japanese sticks, on happ parts i had problems with doing moves from the right side of the screen, on jap i can do the same stuff both sides.

#3005 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

I grew up with happ sticks at american arcades, but i tend to play better on japanese sticks, on happ parts i had problems with doing moves from the right side of the screen, on jap i can do the same stuff both sides.

For shame. How dare you abandon that American way of life for that Jap shit? You need to fall back and get yo stick on proper.

#3006 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

It's no longer going to be about Sanwa, Seimitsu or Happ. It's going to be all Germang/Taiwanese.

http://shoryuken.com...r-service-life/

I can vouch for Cherry MX Red switches as I have two mechanical keyboards with them. I'm definitely looking forward to these buttons. Either toss in an optical based stick made by Toodles and you got the quietest setup, or you can toss in a Seimitsu LS-40 for the most sensitive setup.

test.gif

#3007 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Gave in and bought a Vita. Only games I'll play on it is Uncharted and Resistance. Might get some fighters and play them while in the shit house.8-)

#3008 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Gave in and bought a Vita. Only games I'll play on it is Uncharted and Resistance. Might get some fighters and play them while in the shit house.8-)

Good going man. You made a great decision. Choice excellent.

http://images.euroga...1/resize/600x-1

#3009 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Now I wish I had picked up Mortal Kombat when it was on the cheap. <_<

I'll end up getting Uncharted, Resistance, Mortal Kombat and UMVC3 on Vita.

I would even get Blazblue on it if it was cheap enough.

#3010 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

So, do alot of people play Soul Calibur 5 anymore online or should i trade it?
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3011 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

trade it in for a seven layer buritto at taco bell.

#3012 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

I doubt anyone plays it in this thread but its still very active online.

I still have it and I've played it maybe 3-4 times total.

#3013 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

I also purchased it, played it 3 times and never played it again. Just no damn time.

#3014 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

I also purchased it, played it 3 times and never played it again. Just no damn time.

I haven't been gaming much lately and haven't been in the mood for it for some reason. I played a game like 2 nights out of the past 2 weeks for maybe a whole 40 mins each. :lol:

#3015 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Just picked up SCV again, will probably get back into it in the next month or so.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#3016 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Here's how Paco's advice works on keeping and getting rid of fighters.

Some random guy: Should I keep Tekken 6, SCIV and UMVC3?

Paco's reply: No they all suck. Get rid of them asap and buy some taco's.

Some random guy: I think I'll get rid of KOFXIII

Paco's reply: No don't do it! Its the best fucking fighter of all time!

Now Paco's advice on netcode.

Me: How's the netcode to KOFXII?

Paco: Its decent.

*long time ago but that's what he said. :lol:*

#3017 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Persona 4 Arena, even just mashing out, is extremely fun. I generally hate aksys games, but this one feels a lot better then BB/GG for me, fast and not floaty. Consider me interested at picking up the ps3 NA release.

#3018 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Here's how Paco's advice works on keeping and getting rid of fighters.

Some random guy: Should I keep Tekken 6, SCIV and UMVC3?

Paco's reply: No they all suck. Get rid of them asap and buy some taco's.

Some random guy: I think I'll get rid of KOFXIII

Paco's reply: No don't do it! Its the best fucking fighter of all time!

Now Paco's advice on netcode.

Me: How's the netcode to KOFXII?

Paco: Its decent.

*long time ago but that's what he said. :lol:*

Tekken? Only Hank wants Tekken. Soul Calibur? Series went down the shitter after the glorious first one. Marvel? Only ADD riddled bums play that. I traded all those games and got my a crunchy eight layer buritto. It touched the cosmos and delivered the heavenly flavor of toilet induced fart torpedo that I used to play Mortal Kombat on the Vita.

KOF 13 was the hypest game at E3 this year had nearly 100,000 monsters watching. Street Fighter 4 was boring yet again with predictable results, Marvel was a bunch of mangs bashing buttons. Mortal Kombat paid its way in. Blazblue gayed itself out of the tourney scene with shut in anime nerds who will never seek human contact, but that's aight because the netcode is totally tits.

Not my fault your internet is stuck in the hood rich wage man. Even at my worst, my internet is still far superior to your internet at it's best. That's how awesome my internet is son. My internet stomps your internet in the ass and gives it the beating of Sri Lanka. My internet is like a black guy taking a white guy's money. That's how tough my internet is.

#3019 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Tekken? Only Hank wants Tekken. Soul Calibur? Series went down the shitter after the glorious first one. Marvel? Only ADD riddled bums play that. I traded all those games and got my a crunchy eight layer buritto. It touched the cosmos and delivered the heavenly flavor of toilet induced fart torpedo that I used to play Mortal Kombat on the Vita.

KOF 13 was the hypest game at E3 this year had nearly 100,000 monsters watching. Street Fighter 4 was boring yet again with predictable results, Marvel was a bunch of mangs bashing buttons. Mortal Kombat paid its way in. Blazblue gayed itself out of the tourney scene with shut in anime nerds who will never seek human contact, but that's aight because the netcode is totally tits.

Not my fault your internet is stuck in the hood rich wage man. Even at my worst, my internet is still far superior to your internet at it's best. That's how awesome my internet is son. My internet stomps your internet in the ass and gives it the beating of Sri Lanka. My internet is like a black guy taking a white guy's money. That's how tough my internet is.

LOL I knew you would come at me with the internet stuff but all you do is use it for netflix and kofxiii. Anyone can do that. ;)

Plus distgfx has prob the best internet I've ever seen and he said the online to Kofxii was complete ass/unplayable.

His internet shits all over yours. What you gotta say about that? :D

My internet is really good except during the so called peak hours. That's the only times it sucks.

#3020 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Persona 4 Arena, even just mashing out, is extremely fun. I generally hate aksys games, but this one feels a lot better then BB/GG for me, fast and not floaty. Consider me interested at picking up the ps3 NA release.

Arrrggggh, shiver me timbers!

test.gif

#3021 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

This is for Paco since he was talking shit. :lol:

Posted Image

Your turn for a pingtest. Lets see what you get. ;)

#3022 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Posted Image

Jman, i thought we explained this already. You could have the greatest connection speed and a great grade on pingtest. Or you could have a shitty connection speed and have a great grade on pingtest. Stop using pingtest, just use speedtest.net

test.gif

#3023 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

Jman, i thought we explained this already. You could have the greatest connection speed and a great grade on pingtest. Or you could have a shitty connection speed and have a great grade on pingtest. Stop using pingtest, just use speedtest.net

I'm mostly just messing with Paco to be honest. :lol:

Speedtest keeps coming back at 5.30mb right now.

I really think my internet trolls me because after I called and getting ready to switch its way better than it usually is of the night.

I know its people in my area on it that makes it get unstable but now I'm starting to think when it acts different its just a few people cause all of a sudden I can tell a big difference.

#3024 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm at a lost for words right now. I just played UMVC3 and its the smoothest I've ever seen in my entire life. I called the Cable and told them something must be wrong the internet is awesome today and she told me they updated the lines in my area.

Now I don't know if I should get that dsl or not... I mean really.

I need advice! At like 2am for example the best ping I can get with a ping test was like 38. Now its 20 some all the time and this is during the day! What the hell! *in a good way*

Option if your around and see this. We gotta play some umvc3. You gotta see this shit.

Just my luck they fix the damn cable when I signed up for something else. I can't get over this. I've never ever seen umvc3 play this smooth.

Edited by Lost_In_Shadows, 26 July 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#3025 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'm thinking about keeping the cable now. Seriously, I don't know if I should still get the DSL anyway or if I should keep the cable.

#3026 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

LOL I knew you would come at me with the internet stuff but all you do is use it for netflix and kofxiii. Anyone can do that. ;)

Plus distgfx has prob the best internet I've ever seen and he said the online to Kofxii was complete ass/unplayable.

His internet shits all over yours. What you gotta say about that? :D

My internet is really good except during the so called peak hours. That's the only times it sucks.

You can't trust someone that only plays GaYzBluJob Penis EXTENZ.

And I'm also on hulu and Awesomenauts. Get your facts straight. Guess you really are lost in them shallows huh?

Your internet is always terrible and terri bad. That's what it is. your speed sucks, your ping sucks, your jitter sucks, your internet name sucks. Hell even your cable box sucks. What the Fuck is research and education? Sounds like a crime syndicate to me. My internet box is called Homies. That's the brandz. It's for real $$$$as like me. Who take real internet serially. Can't step up to that can you?

And Option, that's right. More anime bullshit coming your way. More button mashy noob games which take no talent coming at you! When is Aksys going to go away and give people what they want? Guilty Gear without flash animation?

#3027 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Read the message I sent you on psn. They just fixed my cable today <_<

I don't know if I should keep it or not at this point.

#3028 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Posted Image

Your turn for a pingtest. Lets see what you get. ;)

Hey look. Still shitty compared to mine.

Posted Image

#3029 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hey look. Still shitty compared to mine.

Posted Image

Only thing you got is speed. My ping is still around yours. Ping is what matters in games anyway. Besides that you play fucking kofxiii so you don't know shit anyway.

I don't care about speed. If I had 1mb and games don't lag I wouldn't care. That's all I want and now I finally got that but I don't know how to cancel that dsl I ordered without having issues >_<

#3030 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

Only thing you got is speed. My ping is still around yours. Ping is what matters in games anyway. Besides that you play fucking kofxiii so you don't know shit anyway.

I don't care about speed. If I had 1mb and games don't lag I wouldn't care. That's all I want and now I finally got that but I don't know how to cancel that dsl I ordered without having issues >_<

I know a hell of a lot more about how online infastructure works then you do. I have a far better idea of how ping affects latency and how the data size works when transferring data. Not only do I have a better understanding of how networks work, but how fighting games themselves work. You have no idea how a fighting game actually plays rather then mashing buttons. But the truth of the matter is, is that most people will see it smooth on screen and say GEE BOY HOWDY DAT ONLINE PLAY IS GRATE! NO LAG WHAT SO EVER! It's when you get into the more hardcore that they say that the online in Street Fighter and Marvel suck ass. And they're right. A lot of one frame links are impossible to do online with any sort of consistency. You will never reach that level of play where you get a muscle memory to the point where you can land one frame links without thinking about it. You don't have the manual dexterity to properly do a long sequence of moves either. Most people don't. That's the reason Blazblue/Arcana Heart and the doujin fighters look so difficult. They aren't. With moves that cancel into moves that skip frames and have very lenient buffers for moves that allow compensation for internet latency and for the amount of jitter that comes with internet games. Oh no, lets forget all about that these doujin games were made with online in mind and lets go back to saying

KOF sucks online.

EVERY fighting game sucks online. It's impossible to replicate offline gameplay and there will always be lag. No matter how fucking good your internet is, there will always be lag, however your super shitty internet will make that lag worse. It's not as bad as cheapest gamer's internet but your internet is still on the bottom rung of American internet.

You have very little understanding of how fighting games work. Let us regale you with tales of when I got in a knife fight over a tick throw in street fighter 2.