Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3394 replies to this topic

#1021 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:16 AM

UPDATE!

Since Paco posted something OT, I should post something OT here too.

Posted Image

Edited by Esper, 19 August 2010 - 03:58 AM.

#1022 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

I would go, but I'm about to go out anytime now... anytime... Haha, maybe I'll hop on in a bit. and play a couple rounds.

Workin' on an epic blog/tutorial though... hmm... haha, I'll be on for a bit.

edit: Sorry, have to leave. Gotta take out a special lady for dinner, a.k.a. my mother.

Edited by option.iv, 19 August 2010 - 02:09 AM.

test.gif

#1023 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:34 AM

This event was super fail. But, it's alright though. :) I should've posted this memo a week in advance, not the day before. People have stuff to do on a Wednesday, I respect that.

edit - Your mom? Nice!

And if there's any deals for Blazblue: Crack Shoot, keep me posted. Thanks.

Edited by Esper, 19 August 2010 - 04:07 AM.

#1024 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:03 AM

Yah i missed it. Still got my fight on because i saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

#1025 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

Yarr, why must you be so easy to play Ragna and Tager? So much damage for such little execution.

#1026 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

man, if 6 cags wanted to play each other at the same time, I'd set up some round robin brackets

players like me get trashed, so I just end up watching tv while waiting, which doesn't really satiate the hunger to fight

#1027 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

If they implemented some sort of Round Robin system, or at least had the tournament mode featured in HDR, I would be SO HAPPY.

But alas.... Capcom does not give a shit. The SSFIV Tournament DLC was pretty much worthless.

test.gif

#1028 Midguy

Midguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:23 PM

No one plays tournaments. I tried to find one the other day with no luck. Sounded like a good idea when they first announced it.
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/midguy/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#1029 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

It would be if you don't have to wait for every match. Say 8 players, 4 matches going on at the same time. Also, it lags like shit.

#1030 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:27 PM

Yarr, why must you be so easy to play Ragna and Tager? So much damage for such little execution.

I dunno. Sort of evens out that Tager can't double jump, can't dash, his command throws can STILL be escaped and they are easily jabbed out of. But the Body Tosses just make Jins RAGE. Especially his fist going through Jins and Noel's Drives.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#1031 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

And the Tapatio Toss

How about the ULTRA BURRITO BOMB? He says DELICIOUS and then does a dive kick straight at the chest and when it connects he uses the power of BEANS to encircle you like the DELIVERY except it has many tosses. Just like a good Taco Truck Burrito.

#1032 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

I dunno. Sort of evens out that Tager can't double jump, can't dash, his command throws can STILL be escaped and they are easily jabbed out of. But the Body Tosses just make Jins RAGE. Especially his fist going through Jins and Noel's Drives.

Main complaint was how easy it was to cause so much damage with so little effort execution-wise. One SPD with Tager is ... what, 1/3 of the character's life? A simple 360 + B takes off that much, whereas you have these loooooooooong ass combo strings that MAYBE take off the same amount with other characters. Sure, same can be argued about random distortions, but it's easier just to churn the entire time during a block string while mashing B when you have no meter and hope they screw up? m i rite?!

New one!

#1033 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

someone teach me how to do links with turbo, they make it seem so easy? have they mastered the art of turbo?

#1034 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:37 AM

Main complaint was how easy it was to cause so much damage with so little effort execution-wise. One SPD with Tager is ... what, 1/3 of the character's life? A simple 360 + B takes off that much, whereas you have these loooooooooong ass combo strings that MAYBE take off the same amount with other characters. Sure, same can be argued about random distortions, but it's easier just to churn the entire time during a block string while mashing B when you have no meter and hope they screw up? m i rite?!

New one!

Same could be said about Zangief Online. Though this comic was made for Street Fighter 4, I also believe this applies to anyone playing against Tager on TrollsBlue

Posted Image

Edited by Paco, 20 August 2010 - 05:51 AM.

#1035 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:21 AM

I need to play fighters a bit more... anyone wanna play Tekken 6 broken online sometime?

#1036 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

Same could be said about Zangief Online. Though this comic was made for Street Fighter 4, I also believe this applies to anyone playing against Tager on TrollsBlue

Posted Image

Yea, that pretty much summed it up.

#1037 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:57 AM

I need to break my stupid habit of crouch teching. Hook, line, and sinker. Good shit option.

Edit - What else I need to work on - stop jumping, apply more footsies, work on that ryu matchup. Uppercut comes out so fast. Got nailed in the ass so many times with it.

Edited by Esper, 21 August 2010 - 07:11 AM.

#1038 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:05 AM

Yeah, very good games. Sorry I only played Ryu. I'm trying to learn how he plays since I've got a couple local friends new to street fighter who are picking up Ryu.

test.gif

#1039 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

No! Next time you play me. I want your Ryu. I don't want your Dictator; I don't want your Cammy; I don't want your Ken; I don't want your Guy; I don't want your Boxer; I don't want your Guile; I don't want your Vega; I don't want your Abel; I don't want your Adon; I don't want your Sim; I don't want your Honda; I don't want your Makoto; I don't want your Chun-li.

Just your Ryu! I'll bring my gameface. Count on it. This shit reminds me of pokemon. Like your the gym leader and I'm ash ketchup. I need to beat you, cause I want that badge. I need more experience, so I can lvl up my viper against certain pokemon.

edit - Wheaties: Fuel sounds good right now.

Edited by Esper, 21 August 2010 - 10:37 AM.

#1040 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

it's okay to spam crouch tech esper, I'm pretty sure I see option spam that too with bison/balrog. I don't know any frame traps for chun except c. short short to st. roundhouse but I don't think I pulled it off.

edit: ok thats not a frame trap I dont think, maybe it's c. short c. jab to close st. roundhouse

yo, playing ryu is knockdown pressure, making sure to option select, or some clutch footsies

dang its late, ignore everything i say

#1041 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

it's okay to spam crouch tech esper, I'm pretty sure I see option spam that too with bison/balrog.

Yeah, totally spam that crouch tech.

Chun has some frame traps. i.e. cr.lp, cr.rh

cr.lp, st.mp

(hit confirm) st.mp, st.rh

I'll have to look at frame data to see if she has any others. But I'm too lazy right now.

She doesn't have a dive kick, but she has hazan shu (sp?) which is great to use after a deep meaty jump in. Assuming there's no mashin of teh dp.

edit: In related news, Chun-li won the Gods-Garden 2.5 tournament. Nemo taking top spot and two other Chun players at 3 and 4. Acqua, an Ibuki player took 2nd.

test.gif

#1042 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

im pretty sure c. jab c. rh doesn't work, that is more for backdashes

don't know what u mean by st. mp st. rh
it doesn't link not even on counter hit

maybe you mean st. mp (counter hit) link into cr. rh?

I don't think hazanshu punishes crouch tech

and yeah chun li is special now with that ultra 2

edit: hmm just looked at eventhubs, where were the rufus players to knock out chuns?

edit again: just tested a bunch of those frame traps, they dont really work that well, I think the best one was c. jab st. mp but that just pushes you away, you could maybe cancel into hazanshu or kikouken, w/e

Edited by anathema728, 21 August 2010 - 08:26 PM.

#1043 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

st.mp, st. rh is for when you expect them to be holding up. It catches them on the rise, only when st.mp hits.

Frame traps aren't necessarily combos. They're basically couple frame windows meant to punish start ups of moves.

Combo/Link =/ Frame trap and Frame Trap =/ Combo

Some chars are blessed with Combo's that can be frame traps, i.e. Ryu

http://shoryuken.com...95/#post8193220

Gives an example of cr.lp > cl.st.RH which gives a 2 frame window(trap). You can always vary size of the window by walking forward after cr.lp, making the window larger. It's hard to frame trap someone if they arent mashing (a.k.a. delayed crouch tech)

test.gif

#1044 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:22 PM

Combo/Link != Frame trap and Frame Trap != Combo

Had to fix it. >.<

#1045 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

I meant, they don't work well offline. Of course all the frame traps work, and some better than others. Delayed moves or correctly spaced moves work better, like um, balrogs c. jab c. jab c. mp into dash punch

and by test, I mean I had someone spam crouch tech, or time crouch techs to the block string rhythmn

#1046 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

Got romped by option.iv's Ryu.

Playing random characters does not help either.

#1047 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:45 AM

Yeah, good games earlier j-cart, and anath the other day.

test.gif

#1048 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:12 AM

it was like 2 games, you got me started and left me hanging =[

also, side note, do you guys also eat vega's ex moves and ultra 1 because of lag and you can't really block it on reaction?

#1049 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:39 AM

it was like 2 games, you got me started and left me hanging =[

also, side note, do you guys also eat vega's ex moves and ultra 1 because of lag and you can't really block it on reaction?

The ex fly attack comes out super fast that you can't block on reaction. You just have to be blocking at all times. Focus attack that flying barcelona claw, if you get one fa2 in, then he is gonna eat something. He can grab you out of your focus but it is hard to time, just make him eat focus once and he'll never try it again for the round.

#1050 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

I'm talking about 3/4 to full screen away. If it's like half screen then I don't think I can.

3/4 of the screen is like close to impossible, but I eat full screeners all day when those are easily blocked.

k I just tried it, I'm like 90% on full screen offline, and like less than 20% at 3/4 screen.

Edited by anathema728, 22 August 2010 - 07:22 AM.