Photo
- - - - -

CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

• Please log in to reply
3393 replies to this topic

#2311 Esper

Esper

No Roll, No Zenny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

All members of my gameshare group. I included the Marvel Villain DLC pack on the account.

When does PSN go into maintenance tomorrow? 8:00AM PST?

Spoiler

Edited by Esper, 17 November 2011 - 05:28 AM.

#2312 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:07 AM

My internet finally got over its shit spell today. I must say the online to UMVC3 shits all over MVC3. Still could have been even better, but it will do. I'm not that picky. At least they did improve it.

UMVC3 gave me that
Player data update has failed. Returning to the main menu.

There's a easy fix for it though. Restarting the game doesn't work, but restarting your ps3 does. After that it will give you that message like you left a match in progress, but you didn't. >_<

You think Capcom would have fixed issues like this...

Edited by Lost_In_Shadows, 17 November 2011 - 05:29 AM.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#2313 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

Capcom won't fix shit since they know people will buy it regardless. Time to play some classical music.

If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#2314 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

ggs jman, the netcode is actually decent now that your internet chilled out. It's not so bad after all.

#2315 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

ggs jman, the netcode is actually decent now that your internet chilled out. It's not so bad after all.

I noticed. It was better with you than I expected. I suck at umvc3 though.

#2316 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

Mexicans totally suck, yeah!

Going to add me people from the spreadsheet to try my luck with them because Option destroyed me with Wesker.

If anyone sees me online, send me a msg. :)

#2317 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

Going to add me people from the spreadsheet to try my luck with them because Option destroyed me with Wesker.

No.

#2318 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

I would play you if psn wasn't down. Option didn't destroy me with Wesker. He flat out raped my ass and left me for dead. :cry:

I suck so bad at umvc3 =/

#2319 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Tried it the first day and it just doesn't feel the same as vanilla, I'm sure its improved on many aspects, but right now its just feels OFF to me.

Gonna try it again this evening, maybe once I can pull off some extended combos I'll get into it.

Edit: And all DLC costumes, prices and dates.

http://www.gamespot....ex.html?image=1

Edited by maigoyume, 18 November 2011 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#2320 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:39 AM

Might as well take this with a grain of salt, but I guess some impressions is better than none at all...

some online impressions so far:

Kyo from dream cancel :

Quote:
(My copy is here)
Ok guys thats it:
Its very simple, THE BEST 2D FIGHTING GAME of universe is called KOF XIII ! simple like that!
OMFG, is so wonderful, so magic, so... no, its too much! haha!! lol

And I have done one match vs an UK player (I'm in France), well what can I say is:
NO WORRIES, ONLINE ITS OOOOOKKKKKKK!!!!! (similar to SF4, but keep in mind I've only done 1 match (nobody ATM online))!

And color edit, and arcade mode, and... fuuuuuu too many modes... lol

BEST KOF EVER!

c u soon guys!
MrBeggar from NEoGaf

Quote:
Played 3-4 hrs last nite with a friend who usually has a #### internet connection.
No drops, no lag.. all in all was pretty good until he got dropped and then
I was unable to create another room after that for some unknown reason so we called it a nite.
Its so worth the 50 bucks. Just wished the CD package was abit better lol.

#2321 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

Capcom won't fix shit since they know people will buy it regardless. Time to play some classical music.

Posted Image

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#2322 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:00 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#2323 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:25 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2324 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Ok, I think UMvC3 netcode is much better than MvC3. Thing is I believe player matches for some reason lags more than ranked matches. If someone else can confirm this, please.

As for impressions of the overall game and characters.

They seemed to have nerfed several characters that really didn't need nerfs and buffed certain ones that really didn't need nerfs.

Tron - nerfed to hell, even as point character. Can't really combo off air H that crosses up, which is pretty much her only real way to get in. You're going to need some sort of beam assist to help with this.

Zero - He feels different, can't do certain combos, like the j.m, j.m, j.h loops. Also, juggling after a f+H is difficult and spotty at best outside of the corner. Even though he now has the ability to cancel into buster from his special moves, overall, I think he got nerfed.

Spiderman - Great character, the ability to go web zip after specials is great for pressure (safe btw, can block after web zip). Although the web throw was nerfed, spiderman can rely on just ultimate web throw resets or his other hyper which do plenty of damage.

Doom - j.S, nuff said. He's pretty much the same guy, except with better tools.

Morrigan - She still sucks. I don't know what the point of this character is besides trying to abuse her meter gain assist. As for the air dash nerf, I don't think it's that bad. All Morrigan players need to do is go into flight mode and air dash from there so they can unfly when needed. Her damage is still ass.

Deadpool - he's pretty much the same, but the teleport from guns is a safe way to get in and out. He does average damage still, but his keepaway remains solid.

Ryu - Haven't been able to play him that much, but he's definitely better. Being able to cancel overhead into launcher or special will save the x factor or need for assist. Still does awesome damage off basic stuff.

Iron Man - Ass, nuff said. Air dash is pure ass.

C.Viper - The same, she's good, but it depends on execution and the player to deal some damage. The new optic laser is a great addition as it gives a sort of answer to long range keepaway.

Sentinaaall - Pretty much the same guy, except drones are faster which I think is a buff. As for rocket punch no longer comboing into hyper sodium force, all one needs to do is tk rocket punch into hard drive. Still a good character, but still squishy.

Wesker - Ok, I take back what I said about him being nerfed, this guy got buffed and is definitely one of the top tier, at least top 5, maybe top 3. 1mil is plenty of health still. His teleport mixups are intact. And now he is able to teleport off qcf+l making it safe and giving him position. Also his Hyper 1 got buffed. Now it doesn't just hit people, it powers him up (he takes off his glasses becoming faster and stronger). It's basically a powerup and attack hyper in one.

Those were the characters I really only played in Vanilla. But the one I'm really scared of is Dormammu, that guy is on steroids.

As for the new characters, I'm really only looking at Nemesis. He's pretty much a better Ghostrider/Hulk rolled into one. For the rest, the only ones that seem to stand out are Hawkeye (She Hulk/Taskmaster/Spencer in one) and lvl 4-5 Frank West (pretty much untouchable by then). Vergil, not so scared of, once people realize how to punish his everything (all his moves are unsafe), he won't be so scary. Strider does ass damage. Firebrand looks interesting.

#2325 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'm glad I don't take fighters seriously or I would never play Option.iv and that's a fact.

Edited by Lost_In_Shadows, 19 November 2011 - 04:18 AM.

#2326 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Another Impression from SRK

"its actually better than he described i played with a guy in soCal and im now in Hawaii and he said it was pretty good, only minor input lag he said....mind u it was only 2 bars, now i played UMVC3 with 4 bars and that #### lagged throught out the match....KOF13 netcode is fine....waaay better than KOF12"

#2327 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

Buy it now? Last time I put up DLC it got removed from ebay.

Yep, BIN. Listed it at $9.99 and someone used BIN. Free insertion fee which was a surprise. After eBay and Paypal fees, I got about $12ish. Not bad.

In March when the complete set comes out, I guess I'll be able to gameshare it with someone else for $10 each, $20 total.

#2328 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Paco am cry.

Blitz am buy for 9.99 on gamefly with free shipping.

#2329 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

Paco am cry.

Blitz am buy for 9.99 on gamefly with free shipping.

Game looks smooth and sounds like its mostly button delay. I'm keeping my pre-order. :lol:

Its still a huge improvement over the last KOF. Before the patch it wasn't playable and the screen wasn't that smooth. Then after the patch it was mostly button delay. I hate when its extreme button delay, but if its just some I can stand it.

Paco would buy it and play it no matter how bad the online was. He played the crap out of KOF 12 like it was the shit.

#2330 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

Ok guys, I pretty much wiped the list clean, so just fill in your info once more. Frank, I kept your stuff since you just recently signed in.

#2331 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

If I can't get into this game in 2 weeks its getting traded in, the whole game just doesn't feel right. Re-added to list.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#2332 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:26 AM

@maigo: Are you talking about the online? Character changes? There were several, it definitely isn't exactly the same as mvc3.

#2333 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

Online feels worse to me than the original and some of the characters just don't feel right (I do realize that capcom revamped a large part of the cast). I'm trying to enjoy the game, but its pretty hard right now. Just feels like i'm mashing everything.
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#2334 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

Online feels worse to me than the original and some of the characters just don't feel right (I do realize that capcom revamped a large part of the cast). I'm trying to enjoy the game, but its pretty hard right now. Just feels like i'm mashing everything.

Have you been playing against people who you normally have a good connection to in other games? It just seems odd since I've heard the netcode is supposedly a lot better.

#2335 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:10 AM

Just feels like i'm mashing everything.

That's how you know you're playing MAHVUL correctly baby.

#2336 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

It seems netcode is ass in player matches, but ranked for some reason is ok. And the couple of times I play friends on friends list it's ok, for the most part. Though there are moments of lag. The lag in the game is different than the last game for sure.

And maigo, you've been playing Chun li in mvc3, of course you mash dem legs...

Though I can get by with just double tapping. I guess I'm resistant to the lag.

#2337 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

Have you been playing against people who you normally have a good connection to in other games? It just seems odd since I've heard the netcode is supposedly a lot better.

None of my other friends have UMVC3 (not legally anyway) and I've been playing ranked matches.

And maigo, you've been playing Chun li in mvc3, of course you mash dem legs...

I haven't used Chun at all yet. Swapped my team to strider, vergil, dormammu. Anyhow I'll give it a few more weeks, can't really play right now since I torched my left hand at work.
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#2338 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

None of my other friends have UMVC3 (not legally anyway) and I've been playing ranked matches.

I never trust ranked, you don't know what shit the people you're fighting have going on or what they're using. Shame your friends are pirates and can't play you!

#2339 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

the weird thing is, in vanilla, I felt like I was mashing all the time. In Ultimate I feel like I'm actually playing a game now.

#2340 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

I never trust ranked, you don't know what shit the people you're fighting have going on or what they're using. Shame your friends are pirates and can't play you!

Yea, its pretty lame. They only pirate their games.

the weird thing is, in vanilla, I felt like I was mashing all the time. In Ultimate I feel like I'm actually playing a game now.

The only time I feel like I'm not mashing is when I'm using dormammu. Or when I'm playing 3rd strike.
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler