Photo
* * * * * 20 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
10382 replies to this topic

#3511 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Bit on last copy, never ordered from cduniverse are they a good reputable company?

No idea but I bought this from them as well. Confirmation email took a bit longer than I would like to get here but everything appears on the up and up.

:)

#3512 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Tales of Graces F is a good game if you are a fan of RPGs and the type that are more action-based than Final Fantasy 7 or 8. Similar to Star Ocean.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#3513 Meringue

Meringue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Graces F is the best playing Tales game by a landslide, combat and subsystems are finally fully realized for their 3D engine. Story is on the lower end of the scale, but when you're playing a Tales game it's a pretty shallow scale anyway.

I heard Xillia picks it up more with the plotting, compared to past games, but the gameplay suffers compared to Graces.

#3514 Tsukinikawatte

Tsukinikawatte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

No Xillia does not suffer in gameplay. It actually expands from Graces f.

If you are curious I'm streaming Xillia 2 for child's play marathon. I'm doing practice for tomorrow's stream now. And I hope you guys spread the word as much as possible please.

Will start Practice in 15 minutes. And yes I know japanese enough to give a translation so when we start the stream tomorrow I will be recapping Xillia 1's story then moving on with 2 where my current position is.
Items from the other man in Japan! dv8CAG.com
Posted Image

#3515 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

That's good that the battle system expands on Graces. That's awesome, actually! I would agree that the overall story in most Tales games is pretty B/B- (Abyss being a huge exception), but the Tales game excel at character development more than any other series or game I've ever played.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#3516 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Bit on last copy, never ordered from cduniverse are they a good reputable company?

I haven't made any orders from CDUniverse in a long while, but I never had any problems with them.

#3517 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

YS Games are super cheap for the next 9 hours on Steam...

Ys Origin ($4.99)
http://store.steampo...com/app/207350/

Ys: The Oath in Felghana ($3.74)
http://store.steampo...com/app/207320/

Is Origin worth playing?

I played all the YS games on the PSP and Ark on PS2. Oath was great and Seven was fantastic. I played the demo for Origin and just don't like the PC controls. I'll mostly likely have to get a controller to play it...:-k

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3518 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

Nice deal, $2.99 shipping for me, but $27 for this game is the lowest I've seen it. Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger *looks at backlog*

Great deal considering that the lowest it's been elsewhere is $40. I bought it immediately since I wanted to increase Xillia's chances of being released here. Could have waited since I have yet to play it, but I'd say it's worth it since it's coming.

#3519 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Gonna see if Amazon will PM ToGF! :lol:

#3520 colossus79

colossus79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

No idea but I bought this from them as well. Confirmation email took a bit longer than I would like to get here but everything appears on the up and up.

:)

My confirmation came late as well, but since I've never had issues when ordering from them in the past, I'm not worried.

#3521 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

I haven't played Origin yet, and I bought it when it was on sale last time. Now it's like $3 cheaper. Damn yous Steam!!!!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#3522 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

My confirmation came late as well, but since I've never had issues when ordering from them in the past, I'm not worried.

Fantastic. :)

Graces F is the best playing Tales game by a landslide, combat and subsystems are finally fully realized for their 3D engine. Story is on the lower end of the scale, but when you're playing a Tales game it's a pretty shallow scale anyway.

Loved Graces f but Vesperia was a better overall game, in my eyes.

That's good that the battle system expands on Graces. That's awesome, actually! I would agree that the overall story in most Tales games is pretty B/B- (Abyss being a huge exception), but the Tales game excel at character development more than any other series or game I've ever played.

Too true. Can't freaking wait for Xillia to hit US shores. :)

#3523 kyoya

kyoya

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

I realize the following isn't a Japanese game, but it was published by Aksys and I thought I'd might throw it out there, but Bit.Trip Complete is going for a very nice price of $14.13 at Amazon. Just ordered a copy after realizing that the price was going back up after its yesterday asking price was about $13.97.

http://www.amazon.co...t trip complete

#3524 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

You son of a bitch! That's not even Japanese!! GTFO!!!! -------->

(Kidding =P)

#3525 Cabhills

Cabhills

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

There is only 25% stock left for Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Limited Edition as of a few hours ago. Giving a heads up to those waiting still to get it.

Cabhills.png

76561198031533789.png

#3526 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

WARNING: I'm not posting a deal, just a notification that a niche title is finally available for preorder.

Amazon has the page up for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (:ps3:), with a tentative release date of 4/30/13 (obviously a placeholder date), priced at $39.99, and containing the following features:

-Now given the special edition make-over, this Director's Cut features a new branching ending (:shock:) as well as numerous bonuses guaranteed to relight the match on this debate.
-Brand new scenario at the beginning and end of the story, straight from the mind of director Swery65 (:hot:)
-New item - in-game camera where players can take snaps as they play
-Explore Greenvale in greater detail with a complete graphical overhaul.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's MSRP, but I figured it was worth posting. This is one game I won't mind paying full price for, as the original is one of my most favorite games. :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3527 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

I will be adding that of my list of stuff to buy. Thank you sir. Been wanting to get this title for ever

#3528 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

WARNING: I'm not posting a deal, just a notification that a niche title is finally available for preorder.

Amazon has the page up for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (:ps3:), with a tentative release date of 4/30/13 (obviously a placeholder date), priced at $39.99, and containing the following features:

-Now given the special edition make-over, this Director's Cut features a new branching ending (:shock:) as well as numerous bonuses guaranteed to relight the match on this debate.
-Brand new scenario at the beginning and end of the story, straight from the mind of director Swery65 (:hot:)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's MSRP, but I figured it was worth posting. This is one game I won't mind paying full price for, as the original is one of my most favorite games. :bouncy:

I like the original, but I think $40 is too much given the relatively minor changes made in this edition versus the original $20 version. Probably gonna wait for a price drop on this one.

#3529 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

I like the original, but I think $40 is too much given the relatively minor changes made in this edition versus the original $20 version. Probably gonna wait for a price drop on this one.

To be fair, no price point has been officially announced, so $39.99 might not be the final MSRP, but we'll have to see.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3530 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

I don't think I could suffer actually PLAYING DP again.

I loved DP but the gameplay was absolutely rank awful. It's a testament to what all it did right in such an insane way that I loved it despite that.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3531 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

I was so disappointed that this wasn't listed when amazon had that $5 promo. I wanted to preorder it with it but instead it went unused. Like someone else said this can't be $39.99 when the original was $20 and if it is I'll wait for a price drop.

#3532 Hente

Hente

Honk honk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Does anyone know where I should keep an eye out for a cheap (less than $40, $30 would be great) copy of Neptunia MK2?

#3533 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Does anyone know where I should keep an eye out for a cheap (less than $40, $30 would be great) copy of Neptunia MK2?

It was on sale last month for $29.99 at the NIS America store.
I'm guessing it will be sale again near the launch of Neptunia Victory.

#3534 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'll wait to see if they fixed the map before biting on this. I liked the original game but recall both the minimap and the full map you could bring up would rotate based on the direction you were facing. It made navigating a painus in the anus.

#3535 Hente

Hente

Honk honk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

It was on sale last month for $29.99 at the NIS America store.
I'm guessing it will be sale again near the launch of Neptunia Victory.

Posted Image
Welp I guess I'll wait 'til then... ;_;

#3536 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yeah you just missed the NISA store sale. That's where I picked up my copy.

ach.png

#3537 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

Atelier Ayesha is being published by Tecmo Koei America. Release date March 5th (1 week before HDN V). Hopefully they make CE similar to NISA CEs and about the same price range.

#3538 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Yeah, I hope so too. Its just too bad the game won't have dual-audio like its Arland predecessors.

EDIT: After reading further, only the PAL version was announced to not have dual-audio. Nothing yet has been said about the US version, but let's hope it won't suffer the same fate.
Posted Image

#3539 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Yeah, I hope so too. Its just too bad the game won't have dual-audio like its Arland predecessors.

EDIT: After reading further, only the PAL version was announced to not have dual-audio. Nothing yet has been said about the US version, but let's hope it won't suffer the same fate.

Oh seriously? Ughhh, that really sucks. I figured that would happen with a new publisher though. It would be odd if they didn't give UK dual audio, but the US dual audio. Not that I'd complain. I guess I'll hold onto that shred of hope for now lol.

EDIT: just went to their facebook page and they have a post that says "Atelier Ayesha will have both English and Japanese voices and the text will be in English only."

Edited by barrit, 16 January 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#3540 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Thank God :). Now all I'm waiting for is a CE.