Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='trogoldito']Newegg has Persona (PSP) back in stock, but it's back to $39.99. Sucks I missed out on the $17.99 deal.[/QUOTE]

PlayAsia has it for $19.99 and used via Amazon Warehouse for $15.99 (front page updated)

Battle Fantasia for XB360 - $14.99 new at newegg right now!

Natsume's Animal Wildlife Expedition - $15.99 new at newegg.com

[quote name='jeffx']Oh man great thread! I just picked up Steal Princess along w/ 2 other games from that ebay seller, since he has really cheap shipping to Canada.

Disgaea DS is 10$ [new] at vgp.ca (+3$ shipping)

kndy...Yakuza is a great game but I'm not sure what you're trying to do.[/QUOTE]

What is $9.99 Canadian in US dollars by any chance? Hehe... Yeah, that "Steal Princess" is a great deal since it's a game that people are not going to find that easily. I think the seller has around 15 more.

[quote name='kndy']What is $9.99 Canadian in US dollars by any chance? Hehe... Yeah, that "Steal Princess" is a great deal since it's a game that people are not going to find that easily. I think the seller has around 15 more.[/QUOTE]

$9.57. You can change the currency in the right-hand sidebar. vgp.ca is extremely popular with European importers.

Rosenqueen.com has Ar Tonelico (w/out artbook) for $19.99 and Ar Tonelico 2 w/ Netherworld Harmony Set CD for $29.99. Not bad considering Amazon has them for $37.19 and $39.99 respectively. And you don't get the CD included w/ Ar Tonelico 2 on Amazon.

I just ordered both along with Disgaea 2 (PSP) w/ Laharl prinny plushie ($39.99).

Shipping was only $5 (but I live in CA so YMMV on shipping).

Anyone buying Mimana Iyar Chronicles? The launch copies seem to be bundled with a soundtrack CD. So I"m not sure if I should jump on it before the CD bundle is all gone, or just wait for an eventual price drop.

[quote name='eau']Anyone buying Mimana Iyar Chronicles? The launch copies seem to be bundled with a soundtrack CD. So I"m not sure if I should jump on it before the CD bundle is all gone, or just wait for an eventual price drop.[/QUOTE]

I am. The whole "launch copies come with a bonus" thing is hard to read. On one hand Aksys did do something similar with BlazBlue, but that was specifically labeled as a limited edition. On the other hand Atlus does this all the time, and as far as I'm aware none of their "launch copies come with bonus" games have had any release without the extras.

Do all Personas come with the soundtrack? The reason I'm asking is because I was going order it off Amazon, because my local Gamestop still has it for $29.99 and the box is beat up badly.

Was at Toys R' Us today, saw a bunch of SNK PS2 games on clearance for $5. Art of Fighting Collection, Fatal Fury Collection 1/2, SNK Arcade Classics 2. YMMV of course, they aren't on the website at this price. This was in Topeka, KS.

[quote name='Optical']Do all Personas come with the soundtrack? The reason I'm asking is because I was going order it off Amazon, because my local Gamestop still has it for $29.99 and the box is beat up badly.[/QUOTE]

If it's Persona PSP then they were still coming with the soundtrack from amazon as of a week or two ago.

I just picked up Summon Night Twin Age(Atlus) for $9.99 used after a price drop from ebgamestop.

It's not as good as the GBA games but it's worth $10(It's $19.99 new btw)

[quote name='phear3d']Dark Spire (atlus) NEW/USED [$4.99/$3.99][/QUOTE]

Where? Gamestop I guess?

Did you see Blazblue 360 used at Gamefly for $17.99/no shipping? I think thats a nice deal, though I haven't played it yet.

My favorite game companies in one thread! I'm happy to watch this and hope for good used prices. Too bad I already own a good chunk of the Atlus games. :/

[quote name='sabanoo']If it's Persona PSP then they were still coming with the soundtrack from amazon as of a week or two ago.[/QUOTE]

It's cheap at Newegg too. I think their copies come with sound track too. I have yet to see a version sold without sound track.

[quote name='phear3d']Dark Spire (atlus) NEW/USED [$4.99/$3.99][/QUOTE]

[quote name='mortalgroove']Where? Gamestop I guess?[/QUOTE]

Yes, at Gamestop. It's been that price for many months though, so it'd probably be hard to find. I picked up my copy of it sealed for $5 sometime during the summer.

[quote name='cat_tango']My favorite game companies in one thread! I'm happy to watch this and hope for good used prices. Too bad I already own a good chunk of the Atlus games. :/[/QUOTE]

Me too on all counts, but there really is just too many games to track.

[quote name='trogoldito']rosenqueen.com has ar tonelico (w/out artbook) for $19.99 and ar tonelico 2 w/ netherworld harmony set cd for $29.99. Not bad considering amazon has them for $37.19 and $39.99 respectively. And you don't get the cd included w/ ar tonelico 2 on amazon.
[/quote]

oos ;_;

[quote name='rainking187']On the other hand Atlus does this all the time, and as far as I'm aware none of their "launch copies come with bonus" games have had any release without the extras.[/QUOTE]
Super Robot Taisen OG DS no longer comes with the soundtrack CD in a premium box. I recall someone reportedly ordering it from amazon 2 months after launch and didn't get the soundtrack.

Hi everyone, quick question. For GameFly, do you have to be a member to purchase a game? If not, then I'll start incorporating some prices to the front page.

[quote name='kndy']Hi everyone, quick question. For GameFly, do you have to be a member to purchase a game? If not, then I'll start incorporating some prices to the front page.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. Gamefly wants EVERYONES money, not just subscribers. I am not a GF member and have purchased many games on separate occasions.

[quote name='kndy']Hi everyone, quick question. For GameFly, do you have to be a member to purchase a game? If not, then I'll start incorporating some prices to the front page.[/QUOTE]

No, but you get discounts if you are a member for so long. I got BlazBlue for $11 after coupon/discounts

[quote name='rainking187']On the other hand Atlus does this all the time, and as far as I'm aware none of their "launch copies come with bonus" games have had any release without the extras.[/QUOTE]

When I wanted to get Knights in the Nightmare a few months ago, I went looking for a copy with the soundtrack CD -- tried about six stores that had the game in stock, and none of them had the CD. I finally gave up and just bought the game without it. So apparently they do put out releases without the extras for at least some games.

I just snagged a mint and complete Phantom Brave for the PS2 last night at my local GameStop for $6.99 (before Edge discount). YMMV obviously, but a nice price. I checked the website but it isn't listed for online purchase sadly.

[quote name='Asgardian']OP might consider adding another small US publisher to the list: Valcon

Two of my favorite games from Valcon are:

Dai Senryaku Exceed 7: Modern Military Tactics amazon link

and

Shepherd's Crossing amazon link[/QUOTE]

got that tactic game for 1.00 at half price books about year ago.. never played it yet

[quote name='momouchi']Apparently the Xseed game Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces is $19.99 at Newegg and Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Is that one any good? I've picked it up and looked at it a few times now, but haven't been quite sure enough to actually buy it yet.

If anyone is interested in retro game challenge its available in Canada for $4.99 used and $9.99 new (probably gutted). I can pick up a few copies.

101-in-1 Party Megamix goes down to $14.99 on Newegg.com

I did see Sega's "The Club" for $7.99 new at newegg.com today.

Also, Capcom's "Bionic Commando" for $8.99 at newegg.com.

For NIS, Disgaea 3 on the PS3 has dropped down to $19.99 new and $17.99 used at Gamestop... though the website says the used price is online only, I just called a local Gamestop and they said it was $17.99. This is a $10 price drop.

a few of those Snk fighters are in a clearance bin at TRU for 5 bucks

oops you know nevermind

[quote name='manasteel88']The Legacy of Y's 1&2 is now 14.90 at Fry's via the link in the original post[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm going to Fry's...

edit: Or not, it's OOS.

Has anyone bought Persona from Amazon in the last few days? Do they still have the soundtrack? Does anyone know if all copies of Ys came with the soundtrack too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back