Photo
* * * * * 20 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
10400 replies to this topic

#3991 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

I don't understand why they are localising a game that's the second in the trilogy and not start with the first? Doesn't make any sense...
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#3992 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I don't understand why they are localising a game that's the second in the trilogy and not start with the first? Doesn't make any sense...

Because they never made Rorona Plus in Japan for some reason.

#3993 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

The bad news: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP isn't coming to the west, vague explanation and all.
The good news: The PS One Classic of P2: EP will be released on the Playstation Store tomorrow for $9.99

#3994 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

>>>Virtue's Last Reward
>>>English AND Japanese Audio

And that game has a shit load of audio lol.

True that VLR has lots of audio in two languages, but it also doesn't have much else taking up space. There are only a handful of environments, a dozen or so character models, etc. Meanwhile, isn't Totori a pretty content-packed RPG?

#3995 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Looks like I'll be waiting until Toki to Towa gets pretty cheap before pulling the trigger.

#3996 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

The bad news: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP isn't coming to the west, vague explanation and all.
The good news: The PS One Classic of P2: EP will be released on the Playstation Store tomorrow for $9.99

I'll settle for the PS1 version. I remember when Gamestop sold reprints of the game and at the time I couldn't even afford the $30 price tag.

That along with Breath of Fire 4 on the PS1. I think it is time I bought both of them, even if it means the digital versions, just because that's all I can afford at the moment.

It is a shame that the PSP version couldn't be released. I would buy the digital version just to finish off my PSP Persona collection.

#3997 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Looks like I'll be waiting until Toki to Towa gets pretty cheap before pulling the trigger.

If it was cell-shaded , it could have been so much better...

#3998 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Just checkout PSN this week and saw Atelier Ayesha - Full Game - $49.99 in the "New on PS3" section. Didn't try to buy it since I have it ordered on amazon.

Edit: Just checked it out and its just the preorder.

#3999 Dezner

Dezner

Kanetsugu! <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

Just checkout PSN this week and saw Atelier Ayesha - Full Game - $49.99 in the "New on PS3" section. Didn't try to buy it since I have it ordered on amazon.

Edit: Just checked it out and its just the preorder.

Huh, interesting. Good to see that at least it's going to be available digitally, as opposed to the previous trilogy. :)

OrangeGouf.png

#4000 Kova_refer

Kova_refer

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

Does anyone know if there's anything that's going to be removed from the PS Store soon/already has been removed recently? I thought I read somewhere mentioning a Vita/PSP title (maybe an RPG? Not sure) going away so they dropped the price. On a related note, is there anywhere I can look that keeps track of things removed from the store? Thanks.

#4001 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

Brave Story and Fate/unlimited codes were removed from PSN due to license issues.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#4002 worrybomb

worrybomb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Quite a few niche games are on sale over at the Playstation Store:

The PS One Classic of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is also released on the PS Store. Currently, the game is PS3 and PSP compatible (via PS3 transfer) but not PS Vita compatible. Atlus US is looking to fix that soon.

#4003 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Is Unchained Blades good? Might the use the credit I got from Sony to help pay for it.

#4004 orcishlad

orcishlad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Is Unchained Blades good? Might the use the credit I got from Sony to help pay for it.

I only played the first few chapters but I enjoyed what I played. It's a character-driven dungeon crawler with great music.

#4005 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I only played the first few chapters but I enjoyed what I played. It's a character-driven dungeon crawler with great music.

Music by Nobuo Uematsu (of Final Fantasy fame).

#4006 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

It's good. Not as hard as Etrian Odyssey. Just know that the hardest chapter, by far, is chapter 3. It took me one try, but a lot of people on forums gave up at that point. Chapter 3 is maybe 20% point, so it peaks early. Some people also hated one of the characters for liking someone who seems young, despite the facts that I won't go into cause of spoilers.

#4007 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'd consider UC if I had PSN+ but I don't so I'll just wait.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Dark Souls (Replay)   :3ds: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   :psp: Valkyria Chronicles II

Recently Completed -  :ps3: Rain 2/2    :ds: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow 3/1  :3ds: The Starship Damrey 3/2   :psp: Ys: The Oath in Felghana 3/8

Selling  :psp: Class of Heroes II PSN Codes $10 

#4008 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I plan on picking up Unchained Blades. The trailer looked nice and I don't see it going on sale again anytime soon.

Crimson Gem Saga is a total dud though. Combat is slow and boring and random encounters are too frequent.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#4009 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

If I purchase DLC from Japan PSN for my Japanese game, can I use said DLC while playing on my US account? I've been under the impression that it varies on a game-to-game basis or would it just not work at all?

#4010 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

The PS One Classic of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is also released on the PS Store. Currently, the game is PS3 and PSP compatible (via PS3 transfer) but not PS Vita compatible. Atlus US is looking to fix that soon.

paid 30 for unchain blades on 3ds and worth every penny 60+ hour game
WOOOO I STINK

#4011 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

If I purchase DLC from Japan PSN for my Japanese game, can I use said DLC while playing on my US account? I've been under the impression that it varies on a game-to-game basis or would it just not work at all?

I believe it will work because you have the Japanese game. Using a EU PSN code (for like dlc or something--just using a EU/US thing as an example) will not work with a US copy of the game. You need to use the code--or buy the dlc--on the account for the appropriate region, no matter what. What determines if it will work or not, is the region of the game you have. That's my understanding, at least; please correct me if I am wrong.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#4012 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

I believe it will work because you have the Japanese game. Using a EU PSN code (for like dlc or something--just using a EU/US thing as an example) will not work with a US copy of the game. You need to use the code--or buy the dlc--on the account for the appropriate region, no matter what. What determines if it will work or not, is the region of the game you have. That's my understanding, at least; please correct me if I am wrong.

This sounds correct. I used a pre-order Bayonetta code and downloaded the DLC for the JP version of Max Anarchy. Then I switched to my US account and it worked fine.

The only time I've run into issues is with PSP/Vita demos. I downloaded them onto my PS3, then tried to transfer them onto my Vita (with my US account) and it will say something along the lines of "this game is owned by a different account." <--this doesn't sound like it applies to you though.

#4013 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

This sounds correct. I used a pre-order Bayonetta code and downloaded the DLC for the JP version of Max Anarchy. Then I switched to my US account and it worked fine.

The only time I've run into issues is with PSP/Vita demos. I downloaded them onto my PS3, then tried to transfer them onto my Vita (with my US account) and it will say something along the lines of "this game is owned by a different account." <--this doesn't sound like it applies to you though.

Thanks for the help!

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#4014 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory release date changed: http://www.nisameric...omb_Vol311.html

North America date is now the 21st
UK date is now the 22nd

#4015 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

Oh snap! Thanks for the HU on Trine 2!

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4016 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory release date changed: http://www.nisameric...omb_Vol311.html

North America date is now the 21st
UK date is now the 22nd

Ugh seriously? Great.....now I'm gonna have to wait an extra week for it to arrive
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4017 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

Is there a reason why Ayesha didn't get a CE? I just realized the game comes out next week and was kinda surprised that there's no CE, seeing as how all the other PS3 Atelier games got CEs.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4018 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

Is there a reason why Ayesha didn't get a CE? I just realized the game comes out next week and was kinda surprised that there's no CE, seeing as how all the other PS3 Atelier games got CEs.

It is because Tecmo Koei bought GUST so it would have been up to them to make a CE and not NISA like the other Atelier games.

#4019 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

Guess they were worried about sales, or just got lazy. Only reason I'm getting it is because I had so much credit to burn at GS, and I already have the other 3 games

And what cgx said, completely forgot about Tecmo buying them
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4020 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

Guess they were worried about sales, or just got lazy. Only reason I'm getting it is because I had so much credit to burn at GS, and I already have the other 3 games

And what cgx said, completely forgot about Tecmo buying them

I'm bummed that there was no LE release. I've always been impressed with NiS America's LEs, and this one can't sit awesomely next to the Arland Trilogy LEs :(