Photo
* * * * - 34 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
15868 replies to this topic

#931 Jedah Doma

Jedah Doma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

Picked up Castle Shikigami III finally. Been looking for that game in town for ages. Now I'll have it shipped to my door. Sweet. ^_^
Posted Image

#932 Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

Sometimes I feel that Aksys is just a cheap NIS knockoff brand.

And their service is much less reasonable :P Both Aksys and NISA were selling games + bonuses at AX. Me: "I already have all the games, can't you just sell me the bonus?" Aksys: "No, you have to buy the game again." NISA: "Sure, we'll sell you anything on its own and we'll give you free stuff when you spend this much too! And you can buy the free stuff on its own!"

To be fair, Aksys gave me free posters when they refused to sell me the bonuses >_>

#933 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

I bought one LE each for PS3 and X360, and they fucking shipped both of them in a bubble mailer for some shitty reason. Not typical of Amazon, which usually sends all games in a cardboard box. Both of mine are sealed and both have corner smushage because of the bubble mailers. Sooo, yeah. Grab one from Best Buy off the shelf. Would have been better to get em last week during the B2 G1 sale. But whatever. I'm drinking, so yeah.

I order games all the time from Amazon and they always ship them in boxes. Except this time, when they sent the stupid CE in a bubble mailer. Pissed me the hell off.

#934 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

I want Lollipop Chainsaw so fucking hard.

#935 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

Tales of the World Radiant Mythology is $20 new for the psp [amazon]

#936 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:27 AM

I don't know know whether or not to pre-order catherine. I want a price drop, but I also know that sometimes these games sell out quick and are hard to find afterwards....

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#937 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:47 AM

Picked up :wii: Castle of Shikigami III at KMart this evening for $9.99. It did not show up in my google search, so it looks like this one might fly under the radar!!

#938 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

I don't know know whether or not to pre-order catherine. I want a price drop, but I also know that sometimes these games sell out quick and are hard to find afterwards....

With the kind of push it's getting, I don't think it's going to be rare at all. The bigger debate for me is that I probably won't get around to playing it right away. So on the one hand, I'd like to pick it up early on to show my support for Atlus releasing titles like it. On the other, though, I'm sure that a price drop will occur or I'll find some other opportunity for a deal on it before I ever get around to playing it, and I don't want to spend a bunch of extra money that I don't have to spend. At first, the art book and soundtrack CD were pushing me over the edge to getting it right away (I'm not really that interested in all the other stuff in the limited edition), but after seeing the book in the unboxing video, I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed by it. So I'm not sure what to do either.

#939 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

It was advertised on one of those signs outside my FYE so no it's not going to be rare if FYE is advertising it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#940 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

It was advertised on one of those signs outside my FYE so no it's not going to be rare if FYE is advertising it.

I think it's rarer to find an FYE that sells games nowadays :lol:

#941 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

I think it's rarer to find an FYE that sells games nowadays :lol:

Most of the FYEs where I lived have closed down so I have to drive at least 16 miles to even see one.

Why did FYE started to go out of business but Gamestop is still all over the place?

#942 RichterIX

RichterIX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

Say what you will about Gamestop, their prices are usually at least competitive. FYE and other mall music stores all started dying when a CD cost $18 from there and $11 from Best Buy.

#943 Petey Parker

Petey Parker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

I had to drop my dog off to get his haircut and stopped in the Five Below in the plaza. They had a quite a few SNK/Playmore and Natsume games for PS2 (all for $5 each)

I picked up:

Natsume:
:ps2: Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon: Special Edition
:ps2: Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland
:ps2: River King: A Wonderful Journey
:ps2: Metropolismania 2

SNK/Playmore
:ps2: SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1
:ps2: The King Of Fighters XI
:ps2: Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 2

I didn't see anything else but they had multiple copies of all except for River King. They also had the World Heroes compilation but I didn't get that.

I went to a different Five Below last night and in addition to the games above they also had:

Natsume:
:ps2: Chulip

SNK/Playmore:
:ps2: The King Of Fighters 2006
:ps2: Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1

#944 Nitemare25

Nitemare25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

Just noticed Atelier Totori is up for pre-order at Newegg, but since it's $50, I'm pretty sure it won't be the premium edition.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879247046

There apparently is a coupon code called NEWCUSTOMER10 that will get you $10 off a $50 order if you make a new account.

Since it's probably the standard edition, which will drop in price eventually anyway, it is not all that exciting of a deal. But if anyone wants to get the game for $40 on day 1, then this may be your best bet.

#945 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:35 AM

Anything at all on Hyperdimension Neptunia? Been waiting for a good deal on it forever.

#946 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:11 AM

Anything at all on Hyperdimension Neptunia? Been waiting for a good deal on it forever.

Hahaha, good luck even finding the game.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#947 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:21 AM

Hahaha, good luck even finding the game.

I know right? Driving me nuts.

#948 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

With the kind of push it's getting, I don't think it's going to be rare at all. The bigger debate for me is that I probably won't get around to playing it right away. So on the one hand, I'd like to pick it up early on to show my support for Atlus releasing titles like it. On the other, though, I'm sure that a price drop will occur or I'll find some other opportunity for a deal on it before I ever get around to playing it, and I don't want to spend a bunch of extra money that I don't have to spend. At first, the art book and soundtrack CD were pushing me over the edge to getting it right away (I'm not really that interested in all the other stuff in the limited edition), but after seeing the book in the unboxing video, I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed by it. So I'm not sure what to do either.

Did you happen to grab one of the copies of Demon's Souls with the artbook/CD with it by any chance? If so, I can verify that the Catherine artbook feels exactly like the one from Demon's Souls.

It's not a huge artbook by any means, but it also doesn't feel like a manual masquerading as an artbook. The covers for it have at least some heft/rigidity to them.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#949 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

Damn...I think Wizardry (PS3) was on sale at Amazon for 7.99 last week but it's now back to 14.99.

#950 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

Did you happen to grab one of the copies of Demon's Souls with the artbook/CD with it by any chance? If so, I can verify that the Catherine artbook feels exactly like the one from Demon's Souls.

It's not a huge artbook by any means, but it also doesn't feel like a manual masquerading as an artbook. The covers for it have at least some heft/rigidity to them.

Yeah, my take on the Catherine art book... Too much text (and was it really necessary to make it dual language? you can't actually play the game in French, can you? so what good is having the printed material in French?), not enough art. I ended up getting the deluxe edition using some trade-in credit that I had saved up, and I'm kind of regretting it because none of the extra stuff was really worth it. I am enjoying the game, though, so whatever I guess.

Damn...I think Wizardry (PS3) was on sale at Amazon for 7.99 last week but it's now back to 14.99.

Wow. I actually had no idea there was a Wizardry game for PS3. Shows how little attention I've been paying lately. Thanks for pointing it out, even if it's not still on sale -- hopefully it will go on sale again sometime.

#951 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Most of these small artbooks usually don't seem worth it in the end.

As far as Catherine goes, they have announced a 160 page artbook.
http://www.andriasan...erine_art_book/

We've been receiving a lot of these artbooks translated to English (Atelier Rorona, Ar Tonelico, Monster Hunter, VC, etc.), so maybe we'll eventually get this one as well.

#952 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

Most of these small artbooks usually don't seem worth it in the end.

Yeah, I really wish they'd do more like they did for Etrian Odyssey III. That was nice for a free art book.

Also, the CD with the Catherine art book was really disappointing as well. What on earth would make them think that we'd want all of those mediocre classical remixes, and not things like the opening theme? Really, I file the whole package under "what the hell were they thinking?"

#953 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:41 AM

I know right? Driving me nuts.

If you can find one, I suggest you snatch it up, even at full price. A couple of months ago, I found the sole sealed copy at a Gamestop after searching 6-8 Gamestops in the surrounding area.

It comes with a really nice artbook too.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#954 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:45 AM

If you can find one, I suggest you snatch it up, even at full price. A couple of months ago, I found the sole sealed copy at a Gamestop after searching 6-8 Gamestops in the surrounding area.

It comes with a really nice artbook too.

Jeez, is it really that rare? A couple Gamestops in my area have the special edition in stock.

(I know for sure one does, because they pulled it out last month when I went to get Atelier Rorona CE.)

#955 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

Jeez, is it really that rare? A couple Gamestops in my area have the special edition in stock.

(I know for sure one does, because they pulled it out last month when I went to get Atelier Rorona CE.)

Well, some had gutted copies and I don't know if they came with the artbook or box or anything. I have a thing about gutted copies so I was only going to buy it if it was sealed.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#956 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

Well, some had gutted copies and I don't know if they came with the artbook or box or anything. I have a thing about gutted copies so I was only going to buy it if it was sealed.

Well, I understand that. I don't buy them either. As far as I know, they don't do that to special editions, etc. though. (Thank god.)

#957 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:24 AM

I love most of the games NISA releases. Their CEs really are limited and usually start to rise in price very soon after the official release date.

I pretty much always buy their CEs Day 1. First of all, their special editions are usually around the same price as a normal full game ($59.99). When you order from their NISA store, you also get an exclusive pre-order bonus included along with the other bonuses that come with the CE. For Neptunia, it was a deck of cards that were limited to 1000 decks made. Plus they offer free basic shipping, it's slow, but hey it's free, and tax free. (unless you live in CA)

#958 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

Granted, I live in a big city with a lot of Gamestops, but I did a search for Neptunia last week and found a TON of used copies plus a few new ones.

#959 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

Is Hyperdimension Neptunia any good as a game, though? The reviews that I've read haven't seemed very positive. Much as I like a good CE, I'm not going to throw money away buying one for a game that sucks. That's why I was hoping we'd get a cheaper game-only release at some point here, so it wouldn't be so much of an investment, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

#960 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

If you like anime, rpgs, and an old school sega fan, Hyperdimension Neptunia was made just to be played by you. It's only an average game if you can't appreciate the material.