Photo
* * * * * 37 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
16976 replies to this topic

#1111 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

No one here wanna pay full MSRP and Shipping cost!

We will if they throw in some limited bonus like NIS

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1112 Mikey777

Mikey777

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

For anyone who might be interested, XSEED Games now has an online store.

Hey, they're selling Rune Factory: Frontier for $25. It's impossible to find new anywhere else for less than $50. Been wanting that one for a while, so I jumped on it. Thanks, Kotomine :)

#1113 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

Just wanted to say this thread fucking rocks! Glad there is a large fanbase for the niche games out there, keep it up! :)

#1114 StarOcean

StarOcean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

For anyone who might be interested, XSEED Games now has an online store.

Thanks for the heads up kirei! :lol:

#1115 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:31 AM

Too bad Xseed doesn't have the Valhalla Knights games for PSP on their site...

#1116 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

Too bad Xseed doesn't have the Valhalla Knights games for PSP on their site...

If you can find them used at Gamestop they are both under $10, one might be $5.

#1117 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

If you can find them used at Gamestop they are both under $10, one might be $5.

I prefer my games new and sealed, which is a rare thing to find at Gamestop....

#1118 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

^^^^^ Or at the very least in Like New condition, which is also very rare at gamestop.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#1119 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

I prefer my games new and sealed, which is a rare thing to find at Gamestop....

the first one is like $15 new at amazon.

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1120 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

the first one is like $15 new at amazon.

Thanks! :)

#1121 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:10 AM

and i got the 2nd one from this ebay seller and it was legit and factory sealed.
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

i was a bit concerned because it comes from hong kong but it doesn't appear to be a fake. y folds and everything. BTW valhalla knights is about 18 bucks on amazon for the fist one

#1122 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

I've been thinking of getting Persona 3 portable. Amazon seeks to have it for 24.99. Is that a good price? Also is that a good entry for a first time Persona player?

#1123 vherub

vherub

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

It's a good entry, probably the best entry as persona 1/2 are enjoyable, but also games from a different era.
Tt's a decent price for the game, the digital download was onsale for $20 at one point, but the physical edition most likely will eventually be sold out and the price will shoot back up.

#1124 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Persona 3 is great! Definitely good for a first timer.

#1125 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

I've been thinking of getting Persona 3 portable. Amazon seeks to have it for 24.99. Is that a good price? Also is that a good entry for a first time Persona player?

Persona 3 is probably my favorite of the Persona games (actually, probably of the SMT games as a whole), so I'd say it's a good entry point. I played through it on the PS2, and grabbed the PSP version right when it came out. Just be prepared for a commitment -- my PS2 playthrough clocked in at over 100 hours (and I only played the main game, haven't gotten to the FES expansion yet -- I needed a break! :lol:).

As far as the price goes, I've seen it a bit cheaper, but it's not bad. I'm not sure how hard to find it's getting to be at this point (haven't really been following it since I got it at release), but it might not be a bad idea to grab it while you can.

#1126 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

and i got the 2nd one from this ebay seller and it was legit and factory sealed.
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

i was a bit concerned because it comes from hong kong but it doesn't appear to be a fake. y folds and everything. BTW valhalla knights is about 18 bucks on amazon for the fist one

I've seen lots of very good PSP bootlegs from Hong Kong with Y Folds and full cover inserts and instructions. The only way to really tell is to open it and look at the disc itself sometimes.

#1127 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

Persona 3 is probably my favorite of the Persona games (actually, probably of the SMT games as a whole), so I'd say it's a good entry point. I played through it on the PS2, and grabbed the PSP version right when it came out. Just be prepared for a commitment -- my PS2 playthrough clocked in at over 100 hours (and I only played the main game, haven't gotten to the FES expansion yet -- I needed a break! :lol:).

As far as the price goes, I've seen it a bit cheaper, but it's not bad. I'm not sure how hard to find it's getting to be at this point (haven't really been following it since I got it at release), but it might not be a bad idea to grab it while you can.

Dang, I'm not sure if I have the time to drop into a game that long. I was wondering if this would be likely to go on sale during Black Friday or not but it it's getting hard to find maybe I should jump on it.

I'm hoping to get that Persona 4 remake for PS Vita. When is the fighting game supposed to see home release?

#1128 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

Dang, I'm not sure if I have the time to drop into a game that long. I was wondering if this would be likely to go on sale during Black Friday or not but it it's getting hard to find maybe I should jump on it.

One good thing about it is that you can pick it up and play it in reasonably short bursts. So I clocked over 100 hours, but it was over the course of something like 8 months. There's enough of a storyline to keep it interesting, but it's not so deep that you'll forget what's going on if you don't play it every day.

I wouldn't count on a Black Friday deal simply because even though it's not rare yet, it's not all that common at this point either. If we see a BF deal on a Persona title, I'd expect it to be on Persona 2.

When is the fighting game supposed to see home release?

Last I heard was next summer for Japan, which would mean probably fall (or possibly spring 2013) here?

#1129 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

One good thing about it is that you can pick it up and play it in reasonably short bursts. So I clocked over 100 hours, but it was over the course of something like 8 months. There's enough of a storyline to keep it interesting, but it's not so deep that you'll forget what's going on if you don't play it every day.

I wouldn't count on a Black Friday deal simply because even though it's not rare yet, it's not all that common at this point either. If we see a BF deal on a Persona title, I'd expect it to be on Persona 2.

I picked up Persona 3 FES on Amazon's Black Friday sale for $16 in 2008, back when they were trying to make way for the PS3. It really is an awesome game. I let my girlfriend's teenage brothers borrow it, and they've managed to play it around 180 hours without getting to the FES part. Ragnorok64, I guess you have two high recommendations for it now. ;)
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#1130 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

I picked up Persona 3 FES on Amazon's Black Friday sale for $16 in 2008, back when they were trying to make way for the PS3. It really is an awesome game. I let my girlfriend's teenage brothers borrow it, and they've managed to play it around 180 hours without getting to the FES part. Ragnorok64, I guess you have two high recommendations for it now. ;)

I was doing a search on Persona 3 and saw this. What a F* hoarder!
http://www.ebay.com/...K-/120784759656
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#1131 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

I was doing a search on Persona 3 and saw this. What a F* hoarder!
http://www.ebay.com/...K-/120784759656

A hoarder who doesn't even know what he's selling since the pic/description don't match.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1132 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

A hoarder who doesn't even know what he's selling since the pic/description don't match.

No that version has the slip cover of regular Persona 3

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1133 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

I believe Amazon did sell a special bundle of the P3 FES game in the older P3 package with artbook and soundtrack CD. It was during the holiday season a few years ago.

#1134 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

I believe Amazon did sell a special bundle of the P3 FES game in the older P3 package with artbook and soundtrack CD. It was during the holiday season a few years ago.

This is correct.
Posted Image

#1135 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

No that version has the slip cover of regular Persona 3

Oops. Turns out it's me who doesn't know what I'm talking about. :dunce:
Is the only way you can tell the two versions apart by checking the spine where the game is? Is the FES artbook and soundtrack different from the original?
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1136 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

AFAIK there is no artbook and soundtrack for FES (in North America). They basically took everthing from the original and replaced the game with the FES version.

#1137 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

Oops. Turns out it's me who doesn't know what I'm talking about. :dunce:
Is the only way you can tell the two versions apart by checking the spine where the game is? Is the FES artbook and soundtrack different from the original?

Not sure if they're all like this but the outer box on my original has details about the game/contents on the back and the FES version has an ad for Persona 4/Atlus insider.

#1138 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Fyi, that same game is considered a clearance item at Sears right now. It's unlikely that your local series has it, but you can purchase it for 19.97 if you happen to find one there.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1139 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Yup it was 19.95 and came with the artbook/cd/slipcase. 12-1-08 I bought one.

#1140 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

Really? I thought it came out at $29.99. Anyways, I saw the same bundle at kmart, which was odd, though their price was $49.99 a few months ago.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image