Photo
* * * * - 23 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

• Please log in to reply
13017 replies to this topic

#241 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with 2-disc OST) now $27.89, a drop from $32.00 from Amazon. Any thoughts on this one?

i can see this game falling to around 20 by end of next week.. and staying there

still not worth 20.... no map feature just messes up the game too bad
WOOOO I STINK

#242 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

Keep in mind that that's not Amazon selling it. It's a super inflated price from some douche Amazon Marketplace seller.

There's a new copy being sold on the Amazon Marketplace for close to $20.

OT- Hey! Steven's Point, WI has 24 packs of 16 ounce Natty Light for $11.99. I got some back in July. That is a steal if you can stand Natty! It is my binge drinking beer.

#243 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

Fan of Japanese Import Games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:13 AM

Hey guys...noticeable price drops which I put on the front page:

Sakura Wars Wii or PS2 packs have dropped in price...if you see that PS2 pack in good shape used for $22.99, that's a great price.

Record of Agarest set for XB360 is now at $24.99 [used]

Wizard of Oz dropped to under $19 on Amazon

Ignition's Muramasa dropped to $15.80 on Amazon, Ignition's Spectral Force Genesis dropped to $12.93 on Amazon

Mania Khemia Student Alliance also dropped as well...

Also, Xseed's Avalon Code and Half-Minute Hero dropped in price (used).

Edited by kndy, 27 September 2010 - 04:36 AM.

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

CHECK IT OUT -> J!-ENT 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ISSUE (2013) (58MB/PDF)

#244 shiningslade

shiningslade

Master Of Pinball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

I just picked up Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, new and sealed, at Gamestop, for $29.99. I know that may not seem like a deal but it seems like it is sold out everywhere else and eBay and Amazon are selling it for much more. YMMV, of course, since it is sold out online.

I guess I got really lucky then when I found it at Best Buy for 50% off. It came to $14.99 +tax! :bouncy:

Also here's a tip for everyone...Kmart recently got a huge bin of Front Lane stickered games within the past week. Most of it is shovelware but I managed to find :ds: From The Abyss for $9.99:)
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#245 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

Most of it is shovelware but I managed to find :ds: From The Abyss for $9.99:)

Is the game good?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#246 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:13 AM

Is the game good?

I saw From the Abyss for $10 at Kmart (this week u get a $10 coupon with DS games). Might be worth the try with the coupon.

#247 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:16 PM

Is the game good?

Yeah, for that price it's very good. $29.99 it was not. So, that's a good deal!

Feel Free to Add me:
XB360/PSN: kndynt2099 | Wii CODE: 8397 9641 9718 7362 | 3DS CODE: 4141-2473-3225 | Steam

#248 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:14 PM

Keep in mind that that's not Amazon selling it. It's a super inflated price from some douche Amazon Marketplace seller.

That's because Amazon charges an outrageous commission fee for each sale. So inevitably, in order for private sellers to survive on Amazon, they pass those fees onto the consumers. And most times they're simply breaking even. I can vouch as someone who has sold just a few items on there randomly, only to see their huge fees take a huge chunk off of the final sale price. It almost entirely negates prospective small amateur sales. Ebay is not much better either after you get the final listing fees and Paypal takes their cut.

I've actually found Glyde and Half.com to be the better options for amateur single sales, however, they are also not as well known either as Amazon and Ebay, and therefore items can sit for months before they sell. Just my 2 cents on an issue I'm sure has been discussed/argued to death. :roll:

#249 sadikyo

sadikyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

Just an FYI that Amazon has Contact (DS) for $8.31. If you have Prime or use FSSS this is a pretty good deal. This is directly through Amazon, not a third-party seller. 117 copies left.

#250 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

Just an FYI that Amazon has Contact (DS) for $8.31. If you have Prime or use FSSS this is a pretty good deal. This is directly through Amazon, not a third-party seller. 117 copies left.

Nice price! Thanks for the heads up! I've seen this game compared to Earthbound although I've heard it is also not as good. Anyone play this?

#251 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:11 PM

FYI. I just picked up Contact (DS) for $5.99 prime eligible from amazon warehouse deals in used - like new condition.

#252 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

OT- Hey! Steven's Point, WI has 24 packs of 16 ounce Natty Light for $11.99. I got some back in July. That is a steal if you can stand Natty! It is my binge drinking beer.

Yeah, back when I used to drink that's the shit we used for beer bongs. :P

That's because Amazon charges an outrageous commission fee for each sale. So inevitably, in order for private sellers to survive on Amazon, they pass those fees onto the consumers. And most times they're simply breaking even. I can vouch as someone who has sold just a few items on there randomly, only to see their huge fees take a huge chunk off of the final sale price. It almost entirely negates prospective small amateur sales. Ebay is not much better either after you get the final listing fees and Paypal takes their cut.

Actually, there are a couple of sellers on Amazon that do inflate the shit out of their prices simply because a game's a bit more rare or for whatever other stupid reasons. Definitely not to make up for Amazon's fees.

As I said in my post, there were a couple of other sellers that were selling the game for WAY less.

#253 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

Actually, there are a couple of sellers on Amazon that do inflate the shit out of their prices simply because a game's a bit more rare or for whatever other stupid reasons. Definitely not to make up for Amazon's fees.

As I said in my post, there were a couple of other sellers that were selling the game for WAY less.

Yeah, I know that. I've seen those sellers and it's absolutely ridiculous. I was just speaking in general, but yeah, of course there are then those aforementioned sellers that completely take advantage of other ppl. There will always be ppl out to get others though.. nothing new. :-k

On the other subject about beer though -- Ugh! How in the hell could you guys drink that s**t!? haha. Now that I'm old enough to understand and appreciate what great beer is, I think I'd rather drink my own piss than drink a can of Natty, but to each their own! ;) haha

#254 Feldrane

Feldrane

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:58 PM

Battle Fantasia is listed for $7.00 at amazon now

http://www.amazon.co...NGN2CSXCKSN92BJ

#255 Fonic

Fonic

Link to the Present

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:46 AM

Nice price! Thanks for the heads up! I've seen this game compared to Earthbound although I've heard it is also not as good. Anyone play this?

It's ok, but not nearly as good as Earthbound. It's short and kind of boring to be honest. I didn't hate it but you wouldn't be missing much if you skipped it.

Play the fan translation of Mother 3 if you want more Earthbound.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#256 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

It's ok, but not nearly as good as Earthbound. It's short and kind of boring to be honest. I didn't hate it but you wouldn't be missing much if you skipped it.

Good to know, Fonic! Thanks :)

#257 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

Purchase the sexy fan made guide to the game while you're at it, worth every penny :)
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#258 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

Battle Fantasia is listed for $7.00 at amazon now

http://www.amazon.co...NGN2CSXCKSN92BJ

It would have been a great deal if it was Prime Eligible...

#259 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

FYI. I just picked up Contact (DS) for $5.99 prime eligible from amazon warehouse deals in used - like new condition.

I did the same, if nothing else it'll add to my RPG collection, but hopefully ill like it.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#260 BattleChicken

BattleChicken

IM IN UR THRED!!1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

Its been a while since I've played it, but I thought Contact was fun. Decent action RPG.

#261 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

Purchase the sexy fan made guide to the game while you're at it, worth every penny :)

Where to get this?

#262 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:25 PM

got to remember in contact you dont do attacks ..

you take the little pen thing and draw your person to the monster and they just hammer it i found it very boring

but its okay for 8
WOOOO I STINK

#263 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:07 AM

Where to get this?

http://fangamer.net/

They are sold out for the moment but gearing up for another reprint soon. You can sign up to be notified when they are available.
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#264 ケネディ (KNDY)

ケネディ (KNDY)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:43 AM

Eternal Sonata (Namco) PS3 on Amazon - $16.99

Wizard of Oz (Xseed) on Amazon - $12.99

Have not seen a Persona 3 Portable drop yet.

Feel Free to Add me:

#265 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

Have not seen a Persona 3 Portable drop yet.

Amazon's 15% off GAMESAVE code works with P3P. And it looks as though Amazon has yet to exhaust its supply of bonus Junpei caps.

#266 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

sucks you cant find Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger Darkdeath Evilman
anyplace
WOOOO I STINK

#267 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:18 PM

anyplace

You could always order from NISA and get an expensive sticker!:bouncy:

#268 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

You could always order from NISA and get an expensive sticker!:bouncy:

seems gamestop is shippin tomorrow used one of those 10 bucks UFC codes

anyone notice you can reuse the same code Over and over and over and save 10 bucks off each order..

19.99 is better then paying 30 :)
WOOOO I STINK

#269 Nyxaz

Nyxaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Looks like I missed SMT:SJ on DS, it's back up to $28 at Amazon. I thought I had that on my wishlist too, but must have forgot to check that day. Oh well, maybe next time.

#270 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

anyplace

Amazon sent me an email saying Nov 3rd - 6th as the estimated time they will get more. That game looks so awesome.