DVD2Blu - Trade your DVDs for BLUs

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#271 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

Well they did email me back and said many of the blurays are on backorder and couldnt tell me a date on when theyd be back in or shipped. :/

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#272 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

Well they did email me back and said many of the blurays are on backorder and couldnt tell me a date on when theyd be back in or shipped. :/

I wouldn't worry about it. I've ordered from them about 4 times and NEVER ONCE got an email other than the initial order confirmation where you get your shipping label. You don't get an email when they receive your package, nor do you get one to confirm when THEY've shipped your blu-rays.

As far as timing goes, I think the fastest turnaround was about 2 weeks, but the other times were more like 4-6 weeks. I think you should expect 4-6 weeks at minimum before you even worry. For 4.95 a-pop I'm just happy I got all mine without a hitch.

I was worried on my last order because it seemed to be taking longer than usual and I had pushed my "lifetime total" over 30 blu-rays (even though the program says you are limited to 25 to one address). But in the end I got them after 6 weeks, maybe more. I do hope they update this program with more catalogue releases because I'm done ordering from the current list. I don't even care about customer service in this case, for 4.95 I'm just happy to get that yellow envelope full of blu-rays (as long as I get them, and none are broken, I'm good).

#273 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. I've ordered from them about 4 times and NEVER ONCE got an email other than the initial order confirmation where you get your shipping label. You don't get an email when they receive your package, nor do you get one to confirm when THEY've shipped your blu-rays.

As far as timing goes, I think the fastest turnaround was about 2 weeks, but the other times were more like 4-6 weeks. I think you should expect 4-6 weeks at minimum before you even worry. For 4.95 a-pop I'm just happy I got all mine without a hitch.

I was worried on my last order because it seemed to be taking longer than usual and I had pushed my "lifetime total" over 30 blu-rays (even though the program says you are limited to 25 to one address). But in the end I got them after 6 weeks, maybe more. I do hope they update this program with more catalogue releases because I'm done ordering from the current list. I don't even care about customer service in this case, for 4.95 I'm just happy to get that yellow envelope full of blu-rays (as long as I get them, and none are broken, I'm good).

they emailed me back saying my blus would be shipped out Monday. :)

Just wondering how big this package is going to be.........I ordered 25. lol

rm8ylt.gif

#274 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

They threw all my Blu-rays into a giant mailing envelope and a lot of the cover art got punctured. :cry:

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#275 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

Well my blus came today. Came packed in a carboard box with crumbled up papers stuffed inside, so it was packaged very well. :)

In guess if you go all out and order the max of 25 you get a box. Least I did.

Blus were in great condition aside from Lost Boys. The disc holder part in the middle was busted. Ah well. Disc is still fine.

I'd like to order another 25 thru a different address but am wondering if its alright to use the same credit card.

rm8ylt.gif

#276 dings666

dings666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

Another success story here. Ordered enough to get free shipping and sent in bonus discs, cheap dollar store DVDs and a movie or two on dvd that i would be getting in return on blu. Came in a big envelope but no damage to the disks. Pretty cool deal I'll definitely be doing it again.

#277 Hiro0015

Hiro0015

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

Sent mine in and had the Blus within 2 weeks :D. Got Chuck S1 & S2 and Ocean's Eleven ;D

#278 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

Which shipping service do they use to send you the Blus? I was finally charged for my order a day or two ago, so I'm guessing it's shipping soon. But I'm going out of town Wednesday and don't want to miss it and have it returned to sender, etc. If it's USPS I'll just hold my mail and be good, not sure if there's anything I could do with UPS or FedEx or DHL or whatever.

#279 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

Which shipping service do they use to send you the Blus? I was finally charged for my order a day or two ago, so I'm guessing it's shipping soon. But I'm going out of town Wednesday and don't want to miss it and have it returned to sender, etc. If it's USPS I'll just hold my mail and be good, not sure if there's anything I could do with UPS or FedEx or DHL or whatever.

I think its USPS. If I remember right you get an ordwr number you can track kn the USPS site.

rm8ylt.gif

#280 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

Another success story here. Ordered enough to get free shipping and sent in bonus discs, cheap dollar store DVDs and a movie or two on dvd that i would be getting in return on blu. Came in a big envelope but no damage to the disks. Pretty cool deal I'll definitely be doing it again.

Wow, so they really mean "any DVD"? Damn, I'm going to have to jump in on this. When I first checked, I swear it had to be WB and you only got back a BR copy of what you sent in.
Posted Image

#281 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:26 AM

Wow, so they really mean "any DVD"? Damn, I'm going to have to jump in on this. When I first checked, I swear it had to be WB and you only got back a BR copy of what you sent in.

thats the way it was when the program first started but its changed. Been like this for a while.

rm8ylt.gif

#282 dings666

dings666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:04 AM

Either I'm just remembering wrong or they've added several new titles

#283 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:45 AM

Looks the same to me.

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#284 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

i think they may have added a few, but I dont recall what they had when I ordered weeks ago.

rm8ylt.gif

#285 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

The only one I noticed that might be new is Nip/Tuck season 4.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#286 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:55 AM

Nah. They might have swapped a couple. But 95-99% of them have stayed the same for the last 6 months... at least six months, maybe longer.

And I could have sworn the total number of titles was previously 104, but now it's only 103. I REALLY wish they would refresh this list with more old catalog titles so I could get another 10 or 20 blu's. Every once in awhile I check and I can't tell that ANYTHING changes. Although like the other guy noted I think they do swap the TV shows once in awhile, but I personally don't look at the TV series anyway.

#287 armyjon99

armyjon99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:40 AM

Nah. They might have swapped a couple. But 95-99% of them have stayed the same for the last 6 months... at least six months, maybe longer.

And I could have sworn the total number of titles was previously 104, but now it's only 103. I REALLY wish they would refresh this list with more old catalog titles so I could get another 10 or 20 blu's. Every once in awhile I check and I can't tell that ANYTHING changes. Although like the other guy noted I think they do swap the TV shows once in awhile, but I personally don't look at the TV series anyway.

They took Twister off, probably backordered.

#288 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

Has anyone ever tried video game discs? I found an old PS2 demo disc. Also found an old PS2 sports game that's totally worthless now.

If not, there's a lot of free crap I keep getting in the mail of like history and nature DVDs that they send you to hook you into buying the series. Has anyone tried those before?

#289 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

Wow, no changes to this program for 8 months now. With how the price on some of these older titles have dropped, this isn't really much of a deal.

As for sending in games, I think someone inquired earlier in the thread about using PS2/XBOX game discs and it was a no-go. As for other DVDs, I turned in some from the dollar store and they were accepted. I was told as long as it's not a bootleg it will work fine.

Spoiler

#290 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

Wow, no changes to this program for 8 months now. With how the price on some of these older titles have dropped, this isn't really much of a deal.

As for sending in games, I think someone inquired earlier in the thread about using PS2/XBOX game discs and it was a no-go. As for other DVDs, I turned in some from the dollar store and they were accepted. I was told as long as it's not a bootleg it will work fine.

It's still a deal. Where else can you get 2001: Space Odyssey or Battle of the Bulge for $4.95? If you can find 10 titles and just want to dump 10 worthless DVD's, it's a fantastic deal with free shipping both ways (as long as you can find at least $35 worth to order)

If someone is just finding this today, it's still a good deal for them. The problem is most people on a site like this have probably gotten the 20,30 or whatever blu-rays they want.

With no updates or new titles added, there's really no point for most people that took advantage of this last year. Still every time I see this thread bumped to the top I think maybe something was FINALLY updated. Thanks for getting my hopes up, and then crushing them...:applause::lol:

#291 0_0

0_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

never mind

#292 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

Still every time I see this thread bumped to the top I think maybe something was FINALLY updated. Thanks for getting my hopes up, and then crushing them...:applause::lol:

You're welcome! I have now done my good deed for today. ;)

Spoiler

#293 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

This is new and interesting to me. I might have to go with this, probably take $25 worth of $1 store dvds and send them in. About $125 for 25 new blu-rays.

#294 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

I remembered that I still had a bunch of hd-dvds without covers lying around from when Warner had you just send in the covers to trade your hd-dvds in for their equivalent blus. Thus, those 9 movies have now served double duty in this promotion for me!

#295 mig0

mig0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

oh they accepted HD DVDs? (combo discs at least)

#296 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

There's an HD-DVD to Blu-ray offer they have which is just trading for the exact same title, but there's no free shipping.

#297 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

No updates to the titles in 10 months. I'm not going to say the deal is dead since people get upset. I'll just say the deal has been left for dead. ;)

Spoiler

#298 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

Funny they just sent me an email about this deal.

#299 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Funny they just sent me an email about this deal.

Yeah, just received one this morning.

Spoiler

#300 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

Damn, the titles for this haven't changed since December 2010. Maybe some of the new CAGs can get a deal out of this. Most of these can be found at the listed price in any store now.

Spoiler