DVD2Blu - Trade your DVDs for BLUs

kylem785

CAG Veteran
Sorry if this has been posted, didnt see it anywhere...
WB has rolled out a program to upgrade your current dvds to blurays!
http://www.dvd2blu.com/
There are about 79 listed as of now and most can be upgraded for just $5...you mail them your dvd, they send you the bluray new in packaging...pretty sweet deal!
I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will
Hope this helps some of you, I'd love to see it rolled out to other studios

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm sitting on almost a full month waiting for my discs. bummer.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Delivery confirmation shows it only took three days for my package to get to them.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']That sucks. Delivery confirmation shows it only took three days for my package to get to them.[/QUOTE]

Seems like standard time frame on mail-in deals like this is 6-8 weeks, so not that unusual.

this is pretty cool considering i could probably pick up these dvds for next to nothing at blockbuster then get the blu ray version

also its free shipping over $35 iirc

I really wish they would update the titles every now and again. Even if it means taking some titles down, it would be nice to see some other movies cycled through this pretty sweet program. Oh, and $4.95 flat rate for all upgrades. But maybe I am just asking too much...

I'm just glad Warner does this...even if it's not perfect. I put in two seperate orders during the free shiping weekend. Last time I did DVD2BLU, I think the turnaround was about a month to six weeks.

Can you imagine if Paramount or Universal did this?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Blus came! They arrived today (after two or so weeks) inside a large bubble envelope.

EDIT: Found Elf, lol. Found it in between a bunch of PS3 games, silly me. All we have is good news now. Went ahead and sent out 10 more DVDs today!

Wish they would add the Harry Potter movies.. They have them for the Red2Blu program.. hate to spend another $25-$35 for the HD-DVDs then another $5 Each to then convert to Blu when I already own them on DVD.

Question for those who have done this and have recieved the blu rays. Do you get the blu ray dvd with the case or just the dvd and you use your old DVD case?

[quote name='Slappybob']Question for those who have done this and have recieved the blu rays. Do you get the blu ray dvd with the case or just the dvd and you use your old DVD case?[/QUOTE]

The DVD2Blu site says this too, but all you need to send them is your DVD. Nothing else. They recycle the DVD, and send you a new Blu Ray w/case in plastic wrap.

[quote name='SanjiX']The DVD2Blu site says this too, but all you need to send them is your DVD. Nothing else. They recycle the DVD, and send you a new Blu Ray w/case in plastic wrap.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks I have been to the site but kept missing that part too.

[quote name='Slappybob']Question for those who have done this and have recieved the blu rays. Do you get the blu ray dvd with the case or just the dvd and you use your old DVD case?[/QUOTE]

You get the entire shrink-wrapped blu.

I received mine today - it took a total of 10 days from the day I purchased them until I received them. Very fast (but I live near Michigan so that may help).

seriously??? you can't read where that question has been answered multiple times in this very thread? AND on the dvd2blu site??? holy crap, new levels here folks!

can't some of these dvds be found used an amazon for like a penny each used plus shipping. if u can find a seller who has a bunch u could possibly make this a true cheap ass deal. might be too much a pain the ass to try to find someone with all titles but if u got the time u could make a killing

[quote name='whitedeath']can't some of these dvds be found used an amazon for like a penny each used plus shipping. if u can find a seller who has a bunch u could possibly make this a true cheap ass deal. might be too much a pain the ass to try to find someone with all titles but if u got the time u could make a killing[/QUOTE]

Got most of my DVDs the second time I did this for around $3-5 from Amazon. Most of the movies I just buy the Full Screen version for a penny + shipping (which is usually $3 shipped), then I ship it out to DVD2Blu.

It seems packaging is a bit of a mixed bag. One guy earlier in the thread said he got his Blus in a box, while I got my in a large bubble envelope (all of them were loose). Thankfully, I only had one case with some minor damage. How was the packaging for everyone else?

[quote name='genius33']seriously??? you can't read where that question has been answered multiple times in this very thread? AND on the dvd2blu site??? holy crap, new levels here folks![/QUOTE]

It'd an odd phenomenon, this thing called the internet. People know how to get onto Craigslist and Ebay, but have no idea how to price compare to see if they're going to be overpaying. Just like some people here would rather post a question and wait hours for a response than taking the 20 seconds to look it up themselves. ;)

I had a small chip in one of the blu boxes not a biggie sincecan hardly tell but yeah mine came in a big padded envelope even though i got 8 blus back? Anyway mine took the full time about a month and 3 weeks since they received mine.

[quote name='madgamez']I had a small chip in one of the blu boxes not a biggie sincecan hardly tell but yeah mine came in a big padded envelope even though i got 8 blus back? Anyway mine took the full time about a month and 3 weeks since they received mine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got 10, and I got them all loose! And I just sent out 10 more a few days ago. Expecting more fantastic packaging for this shipment too! :applause:

[quote name='madgamez']I had a small chip in one of the blu boxes not a biggie sincecan hardly tell but yeah mine came in a big padded envelope even though i got 8 blus back? Anyway mine took the full time about a month and 3 weeks since they received mine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got 10, and I got them all loose! And I just sent out 10 more a few days ago. Expecting more fantastic packaging for this shipment too! :applause:

Rumblings on another forum that you must send the exact picture as shown (SD post regarding Eyes Wide Shut special edition). I ordered the BD upgrade for True Romance - I planned to send my "feature film" disc from Unrated SE. Problem is, that's not the version pictured.

Think I should be worried? Go acquire the regular ass version?

[quote name='MetalGator']Rumblings on another forum that you must send the exact picture as shown (SD post regarding Eyes Wide Shut special edition). I ordered the BD upgrade for True Romance - I planned to send my "feature film" disc from Unrated SE. Problem is, that's not the version pictured.

Think I should be worried? Go acquire the regular ass version?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. I sent in the SE of The Departed instead of the regular one (which is pictured) and they sent me the BR with no problems.

[quote name='MetalGator']Rumblings on another forum that you must send the exact picture as shown (SD post regarding Eyes Wide Shut special edition). I ordered the BD upgrade for True Romance - I planned to send my "feature film" disc from Unrated SE. Problem is, that's not the version pictured.

It's in their FAQs somewhere that you can trade in SE DVDs for Blu even if the original DVD is what is shown. However, if the SE DVD is what is pictured, you can't trade in the standard DVD.

I wouldn't worry about this at all. I went and bought crappy full screen versions of every movie I could find on the list to save a few dollars. They don't care if it's full screen, wide screen, limited edition, special edition, etc, as long as you send them ONE disc that contains the movie on it, they will take it.

I got my ten blu rays today. Took a few weeks but definitely worth it!

I sent them a full screen of Superman Returns, a regular edition of the Wedding Singer, and a Rated R version of Dumb and Dumber, and they took them all, no issues.

Been about two weeks since I sent out my DVDs, USPS confirmed the facility got them, but all of them are for some fairly popular movies.

The Mask
Dumb & Dumber
Full Metal Jacket
The Shining
V For Vendetta
Ocean's 11/13
Gran Torino
Wedding Singer
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Chrismas Vacation

I know people have been saying titles such as V for Vendetta and The Mask are in high demand from this. My last order took only this amount of time. I guess popular blus take more time to come back in stock at the WB Store?

I did the exact same thing and they sent me the TR blu-ray without any issues (other than the long wait of course).

has anyone tryed sending in a disc that has more than one movie on it? my dad asked if he could send in his Ocean's 11/12 disc.

[quote name='postalpez']has anyone tryed sending in a disc that has more than one movie on it? my dad asked if he could send in his Ocean's 11/12 disc.[/QUOTE]

You might need to called WB's support to ask that.

What am I supposed to do with these original DVD cases now? I don't really need them anymore but I feel like its a waste to just throw them out...

[quote name='yankeesfan330']What am I supposed to do with these original DVD cases now? I don't really need them anymore but I feel like its a waste to just throw them out...[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. Especially when some are 2 disc sets like A Clockwork Orange. Then I'm left with a disc and the case.

Perhaps there's some sort of trade forum all those with the cases could post on. There's likely someone with some use for them (if people are gaga over the damn blu ray slip covers then someone must want this stuff).

[quote name='yankeesfan330']What am I supposed to do with these original DVD cases now? I don't really need them anymore but I feel like its a waste to just throw them out...[/QUOTE]

I have three of them stacked on top of one another in my pantry to elevate my spices to I can see the labels of the ones in the front and the ones in the back.

I'm betting no one else did THAT.

[quote name='manthing']Just got charged for my order made during the last Free Shipping weekend[/QUOTE]

Did they send you a confirmation e-mail? How long ago did you send yours in? I'm still waiting on my order.

I sent in two orders the week following the free shipping promotion. I just got my second order (Tango and Cash and An American in Paris) on Saturday. No confirmation e-mail or anything, I saw it posting in checking account...a week later, here are the blus.

My first order was simply for the Wild Bunch. No word on that at all....

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Did they send you a confirmation e-mail? How long ago did you send yours in? I'm still waiting on my order.[/QUOTE]

No email yet, and I sent them in about a month ago(?)

It's been over three weeks since I shipped out my blus. I'm in no desparate hurry for them. I haven't watched half of the blus that I got from my last order (got 10 or 11) but they all look great.

The only negative is that some of the blus I got go as far as to include a 2nd disc for the digital copy, but all of them are expired now. I think if they have to go as far as to make DVDs for a digital copy, then it's just a waste a money, especially when they have an expiration date.

Whatever happened to including a ticket with just a link for the download? Was it that hard? lol. Just had to let out my little rant here, sorry. :D

Mailed my DVDs on 6/29, my credit card was charged on 7/19, and the Blu-rays arrived yesterday, 7/20. No confirmation email.

Kind of a bizarro system but...whatever. It's still a great deal. I wish more studios would adopt this practice.

Yeah, seems these guys could care less about sending confirmation e-mails out. If they can't do it, they shouldn't say that they are going to do it. Just seems a little stupid to me.

Great site though...

Yeah its weird... when I did HD2BLU I got confirmations like no tomorrow.. this time, not a word.. only knew cuz I got charged to the CC... go figure... but mine arrive this week also from the free shipping weekend..

Now debating if I should get some more titles I passed the first time on HD(Red)2Blu...

I'm looking to trade in some DVD's but don't want to wait forever on the items that are not in stock. I have seen The Mask, Ocean's Eleven and V for Vendetta listed here. Has anyone else come across other BD's that have delayed orders?

Also, the site has a limit of 25 titles per household. If I send in 25 DVD's and they increase the listings, am I just out of luck or will I be able to participate with the new titles?

[quote name='Invicta 61']I'm looking to trade in some DVD's but don't want to wait forever on the items that are not in stock. I have seen The Mask, Ocean's Eleven and V for Vendetta listed here. Has anyone else come across other BD's that have delayed orders?

Also, the site has a limit of 25 titles per household. If I send in 25 DVD's and they increase the listings, am I just out of luck or will I be able to participate with the new titles?[/QUOTE]

That's a good question. Has anyone tried to order more than 25 (through a combination of orders)? I'm guessing that if it's in more than one order they don't care to check but I'd like to know for certain.

FWIW, got my "free weekend" Blus last week, and it took me at least a week to get my order in the mail after I completed the transaction.

bread's done
Back