DVD2Blu - Trade your DVDs for BLUs

kylem785

CAG Veteran
Sorry if this has been posted, didnt see it anywhere...
WB has rolled out a program to upgrade your current dvds to blurays!
http://www.dvd2blu.com/
There are about 79 listed as of now and most can be upgraded for just $5...you mail them your dvd, they send you the bluray new in packaging...pretty sweet deal!
I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will
Hope this helps some of you, I'd love to see it rolled out to other studios

[quote name='JPBoston']Hate to burst your bubble, Invicta... but I just placed an order with them and received the pre-paid shipping labels.

It's still 'alive'... you little pill, you.[/QUOTE]The deal is alive, yes, though I don't think they're adding any new titles.

To anyone that has already gone through what they have currently for offer and found nothing else, the deal is "dead" to that person.

[quote name='shrike4242']The deal is alive, yes, though I don't think they're adding any new titles.

To anyone that has already gone through what they have currently for offer and found nothing else, the deal is "dead" to that person.[/QUOTE]

Well, to go by that logic... let's declare any deal 'dead' if any single person on these forums already owns the item(s) in any given deal.

Johnny already owns an Xbox360? Well then, all deals regarding Xbox are now 'dead'.

Sally already has a PS3, you say? Well, shit... guess those PS3 system deals are dead in the water too.

;)

Hey all --

In your experience, when dvd2blu charges your credit card, does that seem to mean that they have shipped your order, or just that they have received your dvds?

Yeah, the credit card charge is when you'll know they ship it out. Otherwise I've never heard from them once. Never got an e-mail saying they received my DVDs, never got an e-mail saying they're sending out the Blu-rays.

With my order, the credit card charge meant they were shipping. I never got any confirmation emails, but I received my package about 3 days after the CC charge hit. (Three weeks after ordering.)

Very cool, thanks for the responses, guys.

Demand must be slowing down... I sent my dvd's in on March 29th, they received them on April 1st (April Fool's, yikes)... and charged my card on April 5th. Haven't received the new discs yet though... here's hoping for the next day or two. :)

UPDATE:

Yep... Sent my DVDs out on March 29th, received my new BDs from UPS on April 8th.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BustaUppa']So a deal staying the same forever is considered "dead" now? :p[/QUOTE]

LOL it may as well be. About 90% of CAGS have had plenty of opportunity to get in on this already, only the nOObs find this new and exciting :lol::booty:. Besides, I've seen some of the listed titles on sale at retail chains for about the same price. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't be suprised if WB ended support for DVD2BLU sometime this year.

I hope they do end up putting some new titles in, but at this point it doesn't look likely. I will send in that email asking if they plan any changes. If I get a reply I will post it here.

Sent out my DVDs a couple weeks ago and a charge is now pending. When I first did this deal, I didn't know you could trade in the secondary discs, so I had a bunch of them left over that I was able to move this time around.

sorry if already asked but,

elf, freddy vs jason and terminator 3 all have another disc of special features. do they want those too or just the movie disc?

[quote name='buffdrew84']sorry if already asked but,

elf, freddy vs jason and terminator 3 all have another disc of special features. do they want those too or just the movie disc?[/QUOTE]

You can just trade in the special feature discs if you want. Or send in all the discs and get more selections. You don't have to trade in title for same title anymore.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']You can just trade in the special feature discs if you want. Or send in all the discs and get more selections. You don't have to trade in title for same title anymore.[/QUOTE]

wait im confused. i dont understand how that works, i can send in the movie disc for one blu and the special features disc for any other blu?

[quote name='buffdrew84']wait im confused. i dont understand how that works, i can send in the movie disc for one blu and the special features disc for any other blu?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Plus you don't even have to get the same movie back that you trade in.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Yes. Plus you don't even have to get the same movie back that you trade in.[/QUOTE]

they dont look to see if the movie matches of if its not the actual movie disc? that seems kinda shady. have you done this before?

The policy isn't movie on DVD for same movie on Blu-ray anymore. It's just professionally produced DVD for anything on their list. I traded in the actual movie DVDs for Blu-rays a while back, and after the policy changed, I was able to trade the remaining bonus material discs for more Blu-rays. It's not even like they keep the DVDs you send in anyway.

Anyone get any WB Insider codes with any of their blurays? Just curious. That would be sweet if some came with them. Free blurays off of cheap blurays. :)

[quote name='buffdrew84']they dont look to see if the movie matches of if its not the actual movie disc? that seems kinda shady. have you done this before?[/QUOTE]I used some "preview" DVD discs I had from Best Buy towards titles from the "any disc for a BD" portion of the sale.

[quote name='Darth Dorn']How do they handle television series DVDs? Is it one trade-in "credit" for the set, or is each DVD counted individually?[/QUOTE]Each disc counts individually.

Before they went the route of "any disc for a BD", I sent in disc 1 of Supernatural S1 DVD for Supernatural S1 BD, since that was what you had to do for TV sets on DVD to get the cheap price for the BD set. Once they did the "any disc for a BD", I used the other five discs from my S1 DVD set for five BD titles.

I'll chime in with this because I could see a noob being confused:

To GET a multi-disc set from the list (TV series or movie where applicable), you only need to send in one DVD. You send one disc per SKU in your order, so even though Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicle seasons 1 and 2 have a total of eight discs, you would only have to send 2 DVDs to get them.

Meanwhile, each DVD that YOU have from a multi-disc product can be sent in for an item on the list. So those two discs you sent in for Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles could both be from the same TV series. Or they could be the main feature and special features disc from one movie.

Basically it ends up being the best of both worlds for us!

Anyone trade in any double sided DVDs? I have one of those cheap 12 movie sets that has 3 double sided DVDs. I'm wondering if they'd ponder on if they were illegal copies because of this?

Trying to come up with 25 discs to trade in. LOcal dollar store had only 5 titles and were 4 for $1. I only bought 4 because I was unsure if you could send in multiple copies.

At this point I don't think they would really care as long as it's not a bootleg. The dual sided discs usually have the movie title near the center spindle so there should be no confusion there. I doubt it would matter if there were duplicates but if you want to be sure you can contact the support department.

On another note, I inquired if they planned on updating the movies available and they said they have no prior notice of any changes.

Alright, so I sent out my dvds on April 26th. I checked UPS and it says it reached its destination on the 29th. Havent had had anything charged to my credit card yet nor no emails...........

How long should I be waiting here? Shouldnt my card have been charged? I emailed them. Hope to hear back soon.

Also do you know if these are all supposed to go to the same place? Or does each state have a plant they are shipped to? Because mine never left Michigan. Just got shopped to different places in Michigan.

Does anything go on the package aside from the label they tell you to tape to it? Is there a number that should be linked to my email or order? Dont believe I put any information on the package.

Last edited by a moderator:
FlamedLiquid -- as others have stated, including myself, they do a lousy job of sending confirmation emails. Give them about 3 weeks or so before you start to worry.

Well they did email me back and said many of the blurays are on backorder and couldnt tell me a date on when theyd be back in or shipped. :/

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Well they did email me back and said many of the blurays are on backorder and couldnt tell me a date on when theyd be back in or shipped. :/[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it. I've ordered from them about 4 times and NEVER ONCE got an email other than the initial order confirmation where you get your shipping label. You don't get an email when they receive your package, nor do you get one to confirm when THEY've shipped your blu-rays.

As far as timing goes, I think the fastest turnaround was about 2 weeks, but the other times were more like 4-6 weeks. I think you should expect 4-6 weeks at minimum before you even worry. For 4.95 a-pop I'm just happy I got all mine without a hitch.

I was worried on my last order because it seemed to be taking longer than usual and I had pushed my "lifetime total" over 30 blu-rays (even though the program says you are limited to 25 to one address). But in the end I got them after 6 weeks, maybe more. I do hope they update this program with more catalogue releases because I'm done ordering from the current list. I don't even care about customer service in this case, for 4.95 I'm just happy to get that yellow envelope full of blu-rays (as long as I get them, and none are broken, I'm good).

[quote name='Agent Orange']I wouldn't worry about it. I've ordered from them about 4 times and NEVER ONCE got an email other than the initial order confirmation where you get your shipping label. You don't get an email when they receive your package, nor do you get one to confirm when THEY've shipped your blu-rays.

As far as timing goes, I think the fastest turnaround was about 2 weeks, but the other times were more like 4-6 weeks. I think you should expect 4-6 weeks at minimum before you even worry. For 4.95 a-pop I'm just happy I got all mine without a hitch.

I was worried on my last order because it seemed to be taking longer than usual and I had pushed my "lifetime total" over 30 blu-rays (even though the program says you are limited to 25 to one address). But in the end I got them after 6 weeks, maybe more. I do hope they update this program with more catalogue releases because I'm done ordering from the current list. I don't even care about customer service in this case, for 4.95 I'm just happy to get that yellow envelope full of blu-rays (as long as I get them, and none are broken, I'm good).[/QUOTE]

they emailed me back saying my blus would be shipped out Monday. :)

Just wondering how big this package is going to be.........I ordered 25. lol

Well my blus came today. Came packed in a carboard box with crumbled up papers stuffed inside, so it was packaged very well. :)

In guess if you go all out and order the max of 25 you get a box. Least I did.

Blus were in great condition aside from Lost Boys. The disc holder part in the middle was busted. Ah well. Disc is still fine.

I'd like to order another 25 thru a different address but am wondering if its alright to use the same credit card.

Another success story here. Ordered enough to get free shipping and sent in bonus discs, cheap dollar store DVDs and a movie or two on dvd that i would be getting in return on blu. Came in a big envelope but no damage to the disks. Pretty cool deal I'll definitely be doing it again.

Which shipping service do they use to send you the Blus? I was finally charged for my order a day or two ago, so I'm guessing it's shipping soon. But I'm going out of town Wednesday and don't want to miss it and have it returned to sender, etc. If it's USPS I'll just hold my mail and be good, not sure if there's anything I could do with UPS or FedEx or DHL or whatever.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Which shipping service do they use to send you the Blus? I was finally charged for my order a day or two ago, so I'm guessing it's shipping soon. But I'm going out of town Wednesday and don't want to miss it and have it returned to sender, etc. If it's USPS I'll just hold my mail and be good, not sure if there's anything I could do with UPS or FedEx or DHL or whatever.[/QUOTE]

I think its USPS. If I remember right you get an ordwr number you can track kn the USPS site.

[quote name='dings666']Another success story here. Ordered enough to get free shipping and sent in bonus discs, cheap dollar store DVDs and a movie or two on dvd that i would be getting in return on blu. Came in a big envelope but no damage to the disks. Pretty cool deal I'll definitely be doing it again.[/QUOTE]
Wow, so they really mean "any DVD"? Damn, I'm going to have to jump in on this. When I first checked, I swear it had to be WB and you only got back a BR copy of what you sent in.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Wow, so they really mean "any DVD"? Damn, I'm going to have to jump in on this. When I first checked, I swear it had to be WB and you only got back a BR copy of what you sent in.[/QUOTE]

thats the way it was when the program first started but its changed. Been like this for a while.

[quote name='dings666']Either I'm just remembering wrong or they've added several new titles[/QUOTE]

i think they may have added a few, but I dont recall what they had when I ordered weeks ago.

[quote name='dings666']Either I'm just remembering wrong or they've added several new titles[/QUOTE]

Nah. They might have swapped a couple. But 95-99% of them have stayed the same for the last 6 months... at least six months, maybe longer.

And I could have sworn the total number of titles was previously 104, but now it's only 103. I REALLY wish they would refresh this list with more old catalog titles so I could get another 10 or 20 blu's. Every once in awhile I check and I can't tell that ANYTHING changes. Although like the other guy noted I think they do swap the TV shows once in awhile, but I personally don't look at the TV series anyway.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Nah. They might have swapped a couple. But 95-99% of them have stayed the same for the last 6 months... at least six months, maybe longer.

And I could have sworn the total number of titles was previously 104, but now it's only 103. I REALLY wish they would refresh this list with more old catalog titles so I could get another 10 or 20 blu's. Every once in awhile I check and I can't tell that ANYTHING changes. Although like the other guy noted I think they do swap the TV shows once in awhile, but I personally don't look at the TV series anyway.[/QUOTE]

They took Twister off, probably backordered.

Has anyone ever tried video game discs? I found an old PS2 demo disc. Also found an old PS2 sports game that's totally worthless now.

If not, there's a lot of free crap I keep getting in the mail of like history and nature DVDs that they send you to hook you into buying the series. Has anyone tried those before?

Wow, no changes to this program for 8 months now. With how the price on some of these older titles have dropped, this isn't really much of a deal.

As for sending in games, I think someone inquired earlier in the thread about using PS2/XBOX game discs and it was a no-go. As for other DVDs, I turned in some from the dollar store and they were accepted. I was told as long as it's not a bootleg it will work fine.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Wow, no changes to this program for 8 months now. With how the price on some of these older titles have dropped, this isn't really much of a deal.

As for sending in games, I think someone inquired earlier in the thread about using PS2/XBOX game discs and it was a no-go. As for other DVDs, I turned in some from the dollar store and they were accepted. I was told as long as it's not a bootleg it will work fine.[/QUOTE]

It's still a deal. Where else can you get 2001: Space Odyssey or Battle of the Bulge for $4.95? If you can find 10 titles and just want to dump 10 worthless DVD's, it's a fantastic deal with free shipping both ways (as long as you can find at least $35 worth to order)

If someone is just finding this today, it's still a good deal for them. The problem is most people on a site like this have probably gotten the 20,30 or whatever blu-rays they want.

With no updates or new titles added, there's really no point for most people that took advantage of this last year. Still every time I see this thread bumped to the top I think maybe something was FINALLY updated. Thanks for getting my hopes up, and then crushing them...:applause::lol:

[quote name='Agent Orange'] Still every time I see this thread bumped to the top I think maybe something was FINALLY updated. Thanks for getting my hopes up, and then crushing them...:applause::lol:[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! I have now done my good deed for today. ;)

This is new and interesting to me. I might have to go with this, probably take $25 worth of $1 store dvds and send them in. About $125 for 25 new blu-rays.

I remembered that I still had a bunch of hd-dvds without covers lying around from when Warner had you just send in the covers to trade your hd-dvds in for their equivalent blus. Thus, those 9 movies have now served double duty in this promotion for me!

No updates to the titles in 10 months. I'm not going to say the deal is dead since people get upset. I'll just say the deal has been left for dead. ;)

bread's done
Back