DVD2Blu - Trade your DVDs for BLUs

kylem785

CAG Veteran
Sorry if this has been posted, didnt see it anywhere...
WB has rolled out a program to upgrade your current dvds to blurays!
http://www.dvd2blu.com/
There are about 79 listed as of now and most can be upgraded for just $5...you mail them your dvd, they send you the bluray new in packaging...pretty sweet deal!
I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will
Hope this helps some of you, I'd love to see it rolled out to other studios

[quote name='cmedjesky']That's a good question. Has anyone tried to order more than 25 (through a combination of orders)? I'm guessing that if it's in more than one order they don't care to check but I'd like to know for certain.[/QUOTE]
I did for the hddvds, I just changed the addy from 200 to 1/2 and changed to my middle name. others who tryed with the the same info for both orders never got the orders.

[quote name='Invicta 61']I'm looking to trade in some DVD's but don't want to wait forever on the items that are not in stock. I have seen The Mask, Ocean's Eleven and V for Vendetta listed here. Has anyone else come across other BD's that have delayed orders?

Also, the site has a limit of 25 titles per household. If I send in 25 DVD's and they increase the listings, am I just out of luck or will I be able to participate with the new titles?[/QUOTE]

I sent a message to support and here was the reply:

Thank you for your interest in DVD2Blu.

If you advise what titles you are interested in we may check the system to see if they are currently on backorder. However, we cannot predict when a title will become on backorder. An item may not be on backorder when you place the order but could become backorder prior to receiving your DVDs for the exchange. Backorders typically do not last long and should not delay your order too long.

The limit is 25 per household for the duration of the program, even if new titles are added at a later date.

Kind Regards,
Linda
www.dvd2blu.com
1-866-842-1711
Monday-Friday 8:00 am 8:00 pm EST
Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST

Looks like I may be sending some packages to some relative's houses.:cool:

Everyone else get a B2G1F coupon after using this site? I browsed the online shop but couldn't really find more than 1 at a decent price I wanted, but I guess it expires at the end of the year.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Everyone else get a B2G1F coupon after using this site? I browsed the online shop but couldn't really find more than 1 at a decent price I wanted, but I guess it expires at the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get one? Anyone else? I'd love to get in on one if anyone doesn't want theirs.

I got a small postcard from these guys today. Just so you know, I placed the order on 26th of June, and they got my DVDs after only 4 or 5 days. The postcard said the following:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, due to delays in restocking our inventory, we are unable to process your order at this time. Please contact us at your earliest convenience for the expected ship date, or to cancel your order. Your product will be shipped upon availability. Please refer to the information listed on the reverse side of this card when calling on your order.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your business and apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you.

The best part? I flip the card over and they have no number on where to call them. I love these guys. Once I find the number, I'll obviously wait longer and ask what would happen if you cancel your order (would you get your DVDs since they are supposedly destroyed?)

The number I got from my email above is 1-866-842-1711.

I was told to send a list of the movies I'm interested in by someone named "Linda". After sending the list in reply to Linda's email, here is what I got back:

Thank you for your email.

Currently some of the titles you have listed are on backorder or may become on backorder prior to your order being processed. Once again, we can not predict the availability of any given title at any pint in time.

Thank you for your interest in the DVD2Blu program.

Lisa
www.dvd2blu.com
1-866-842-1711
Monday-Friday 8:00 am 8:00 pm EST
Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST

Great customer service there, Lou...er Lisa.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Everyone else get a B2G1F coupon after using this site? I browsed the online shop but couldn't really find more than 1 at a decent price I wanted, but I guess it expires at the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

No, they only gave me $10 and $5 coupons, but with their high prices and taxes it wasn't worth it.

Looks like they added some TV titles. Or I just didn't notice them.

Chuck: Complete First Season
(DVD)
Price: $14.95
Chuck: Complete Second Season (DVD)
Price: $19.95

Pushing Daisies: Complete First Season
Pushing Daisies: Complete Second Season (DVD)

Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season (DVD)
Smallville: The Complete Seventh Season (DVD)
Smallville: The Complete Eighth Season (DVD)

Sopranos, The: The Complete First Season (DVD)

Supernatural: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Supernatural: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
Supernatural: The Complete Fourth Season (DVD)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The... (DVD)
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The... (DVD)

I participated in WB's Red2Blu program over a year ago and was pretty happy... doing the same for this one!

American History X
Dumb and Dumber
Elf
Wedding Crashers
Wedding Singers

I wanted to do The First Season of The Sopranos but for some reason it doesn't show up in my cart when I get to the check-out screen... figure its just sold out.

Total = $31.70

Thanks OP!

Check it out...their offer has expanded to ANY DVD:
Qualifying DVDs include any Warner Bros. or non-Warner Bros. pre-recorded discs that contain professionally produced film content purchased at a regular retail or e-commerce store [excluding adult content]
http://www.dvd2blu.com/

I got a few laying around...time to start shopping.

This looks like it would be a good place for me to get rid of some of my really old first edition worthless titles now (like the original Platoon from Live Entertainment or the first edition of Major League). I'm sure my Battlestar Galactica: Razor DVD also has no value since it's part of the season 4 box set (and complete series box set).

[quote name='51jack']I really wanna trade my Dark City but its not the directors cut version, would they reject it?[/QUOTE]

Right now at this very moment, you can trade in any legitimate DVD for any Blu-ray on their list. Doesn't have to be a same title trade. You can trade your Dark City for anything including Dark City. And making $35 in purchases gives you free shipping.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']This looks like it would be a good place for me to get rid of some of my really old first edition worthless titles now (like the original Platoon from Live Entertainment or the first edition of Major League). I'm sure my Battlestar Galactica: Razor DVD also has no value since it's part of the season 4 box set (and complete series box set).

Right now at this very moment, you can trade in any legitimate DVD for any Blu-ray on their list. Doesn't have to be a same title trade. You can trade your Dark City for anything including Dark City. And making $35 in purchases gives you free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Actually, right now you can trade in ANY movie regardless of if it's even from WB for anything on their list. It's a great time to do a garbage dump.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Why do they ask that you only send in the disc? and not the case?[/QUOTE]

because they pay for the shipping. cases are heavy heavy weight in comparison to the disc. much cheaper. It's not like they're going to do anything with the discs you send in other than recycle them anyways so why pay for extra weight

Hmn... interesting... :whistle2:D Have tons of DVDs I was trying to get rid off a while back.. this might be a good time to pick some up and get rid old ones copies I don't need anymore... :whistle2:D Have to check my stack on what to get rid of :whistle2:D

this is pretty cool thanks to the OP for putting this up 6 blus for $6 each plus free shipping and a change to clean out some garabage dvd's ive acquired throughout the years is awesome.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']So if I wanted to get Chuck, do I have to trade in a tv series on dvd or can I trade in a movie?[/QUOTE]

As of right now, you can trade in any legitimate DVD for Chuck.

I unfortunately waited too long to take advantage of this, it is no longer any dvd, now you have to send in the dvd you want upgraded or for a tv show disc 1 of the season you want.

I am glad that I got in my order on the day this revised version of the program was launched. Received all my movies from the program a couple days ago.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone get their Blu-rays from the "trade in any DVD" deal yet?[/QUOTE]Yes, I received mine last week. About a week or so after they received them.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']It's been over 10 days since they received my shipment and still no charge to my credit card.[/QUOTE]

my timing is about the same as yours. I called last week and checked on my order of 13. They were out of stock on both seasons of chuck, smallville and one other movie (I forgot which). They said when they restock the whole order will ship.

So if anything you ordered is backordered, the order won't ship til it is all available. She said they hope in 7-10 business days.

I had one order come back to me with 9 titles I ordered.

They sent me the wrong season of the Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles though.
Spoke to customer support and they sent me the season I actually ordered and got it already which was nice.

I had a second order in for Fringe and the 2 Chuck seasons but haven't received that one yet.

Sweet! They're doing the "ANY DVD" promotion again! Time to dump some bad movies. Unfortunatly they take "The Sopranos - Season 1" off the list every time they do this promotion.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Sweet! They're doing the "ANY DVD" promotion again! Time to dump some bad movies. Unfortunatly they take "The Sopranos - Season 1" off the list every time they do this promotion.[/QUOTE]Wow, thanks for the heads-up! Question: can each disc in a multi-DVD set be used to get a blu-ray? I assume you are limited to just the first disc in a set, but it can't hurt to check! If a cheap 5-DVD set could get me five different blu-ray movies, that would be pretty sweet...

[quote name='BustaUppa']Wow, thanks for the heads-up! Question: can each disc in a multi-DVD set be used to get a blu-ray? I assume you are limited to just the first disc in a set, but it can't hurt to check! If a cheap 5-DVD set could get me five different blu-ray movies, that would be pretty sweet...[/QUOTE]

I would assume that you could only use the first disc, but that sounds like a question for their help center. I posted a number somewhere in the thread or you can send them an email via their site. I would try the call considering this deal might not last long and it could be a few days before you get a reply by email.

I called customer service! The news is good! You CAN use each DVD from a multi-disc set for a separate blu-ray movie. She even said that my leftover disc from Pan's Labyrinth was eligible, after I had used the main disc for this promotion (the "same movie" version) last week. Awesome!

I'm using all 10 discs of the Matrix DVD collection and a few other odds 'n ends. Not bad, not bad at all! :D

Got an order finally that was backordered.

Was supposed to get Chuck Seasons 1, 2 and Fringe Season 1,
They ended up sending me 2 Chuck Seasons 1, and season 2, no Fringe :(

Sent an email to have them send me Fringe was looking forward to watching that.

hey guys just noticed my order was charged to my card was curious how long after you guys were charged did it take for you to receive your blu's???

I sent in an order December 6th and just got it in today. I never received a confirmation as mentioned on the site.
Ordered:
L.A. Confidential
The Shining
Wedding Crashers
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Robin Hood
Gran Torino

Also, WB has been running the "Any DVD" promotion since the start of December. Perhaps this program is nearing it's end?

[quote name='AnthonyG']hey guys just noticed my order was charged to my card was curious how long after you guys were charged did it take for you to receive your blu's???[/QUOTE]

Didn't see your message until now, so I'm assuming you already got your package since they don't charge you until they ship it. Of course, they send it the slowest way possible.

I got my order today. All are brand new and factory sealed in excellent condition. They shipped in a bubble envelope. These are the discs I ordered:

Chuck Season 1
Chuck Season 2
Rush Hour 3
The Fugitive
Ocean's Eleven
Superman II
Blood Diamond
Eraser

I see that you mail in the discs only... does that mean they only mail BACK Blu-Ray discs only? Or do you get the cases and everything?

[quote name='movie_mike']I see that you mail in the discs only... does that mean they only mail BACK Blu-Ray discs only? Or do you get the cases and everything?[/QUOTE]

They're covering your shipping and are probably just throwing the discs away anyway, so they want you to send the least amount of weight possible. They'll give you back Blu-rays brand new and factory sealed in their entirety.

How long did it take for WB to recieve the discs that was sent in to them? I sent mine in around the 21st and according to the tracking information its las was seen leaving the ALLEN PARK, MI facility on 12/23.

Interesting point. Since you only need the DVD couldn't you scour Blockbusters and eBay for super cheap DVDs? I guess it doesn't matter if its scratched to hell right? That might be worth it?

[quote name='shrike4242']I wonder if they'll be ending the program after the end of the year or continuing it on into 2011.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. The "ANY DVD" promotion has been going on since the first of December making me think they are trying to squeeze the last drop out of the deal. Of course they may be trying to get as many sales as they can to put on the books for end of year like everyone else is doing right now. The "RED2BLU" program is still going after a long period of time so I imagine this one will continue also.

[quote name='oh_no_mellon']How long did it take for WB to recieve the discs that was sent in to them? I sent mine in around the 21st and according to the tracking information its las was seen leaving the ALLEN PARK, MI facility on 12/23.[/QUOTE]

The shipping label I received was first class with a package ID but when I tried to track it the number was invalid. I was told at the post office this was a "product return" label and that it couldn't be tracked. Anyone else have this problem?

is this deal somewhat dead? i read through the faq and proceeded to order a beetlejuice..however it's charging me 5 for shipping now..when the faq says they pay for shipping. Just late to the party i guess?

[quote name='bigsick']is this deal somewhat dead? i read through the faq and proceeded to order a beetlejuice..however it's charging me 5 for shipping now..when the faq says they pay for shipping. Just late to the party i guess?[/QUOTE]

Free shipping is only for orders over $35. They have previously had promotions for free shipping but that was months ago.

bread's done
Back