Photo
- - - - -

DVD2Blu - Trade your DVDs for BLUs

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#61 J7.

J7.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

The best you'll be able to get these at HWV will be $1.99, and even then you will need to get very lucky, they will definitely be gone after that and almost all will be gone before that.

I don't see DVDs rubbing against each other causing issues. I've already sent them, so we'll see.

My DVD's get scratched if I just store them label on top of label and they get moved around slightly. I hope you get them. One package can get moved around a lot more than another so one confirmation won't be enough.

It said not to tape them together so your only option is to leave them loose.

Or put them in sleeves.

#62 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:25 AM

i saw a couple people ask, but i didn't see an answer - has anyone actually gotten blu-rays back from this? were they sealed?

i see that there is shipping on orders under $35. is there any tax?

I havent taken part in this promotion, but I did with the HD2BLU promotion. I don't remember if I paid sales tax, but the new blu's were all sealed in original retail packaging.

#63 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:37 AM

I'm still upset that The Watchmen Facebook page advertised this site, but when I go there, The Watchmen is not listed.

#64 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:43 AM

I decided to send mine off and just put them in a manila envelope with a piece of paper as the sheath between them. I'm pretty sure they are not gonna be anal about the conditions. I think they say "in good condition" to prevent someone sending literally broken and cracked discs they found somewhere in the trash or whatever.

Anyway if, I'm certain as long as we paid and sent them in, we'll get them.

#65 jaysapathy

jaysapathy

Drama Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing the deal here. $5 for the disc, $3 to ship + time for them to get around to doing it. Most of these can be had at Walmart for $8 already (some were $6.99 last week at Best Buy). Perhaps I'm just missing it, but man, I don't see why everyone's going crazy over what appears to be such a horrible deal. :/
When your signature is bigger than the message you just posted, it's time to reevaluate things, people.

The wife and I have a running blog on our gaming finds: http://curse.arrogantloudmouth.com/

#66 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing the deal here. $5 for the disc, $3 to ship + time for them to get around to doing it. Most of these can be had at Walmart for $8 already (some were $6.99 last week at Best Buy). Perhaps I'm just missing it, but man, I don't see why everyone's going crazy over what appears to be such a horrible deal. :/

I got nine Blu's for $5.50/ea. How is that a bad deal?

#67 J7.

J7.

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:30 AM

It's decent if own the movies already and do free ship. I don't so I'd have to try to pick em up at HWV, but I doubt they'd have them by the time movies get down to the $1-2 range. I saw some of these (a few) at the store the other day for $9.99. Still keeping this deal in mind though. Just putting paper between each disc in the envelope is a great idea dg7md.

#68 Denzalo

Denzalo

The Stampede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

So has anybody received their Blus yet?

Denzalo.png

#69 yankeesfan330

yankeesfan330

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:00 AM

Does anyone know of any other ongoing programs like this one? It's a great opportunity to upgrade my DVDs and get some other blu-rays on the cheap should I find cheap versions of the DVD counterparts. If there are any others, I want to take advantage of them too.
Posted Image

Xbox 360 100% Complete Achievements: 10
(5 Xbox 360 Titles, 5 Arcade)

#70 Rivana

Rivana

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

I don't think there are any other studios currently doing anything like this.

#71 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

I sent off for these just over a week ago and have gotten no confirmation email of them getting my discs nor a charge from them. I'm wondering if it's delayed or what?

#72 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

Does anyone know of any other ongoing programs like this one? It's a great opportunity to upgrade my DVDs and get some other blu-rays on the cheap should I find cheap versions of the DVD counterparts. If there are any others, I want to take advantage of them too.

For a while Paramount was doing $10 mail-in-rebates if you upgraded certain movies. I know last black Friday Best Buy was selling Braveheart and Gladiator for $13 each. With the mail-in-rebate that lowered the price to $3 per upgrade ($3.50 if you count the stamp) so that was a good deal but you have to wait a couple months to get your money back. I think that was supposed to end sometime this year, maybe next month? It might not be too late to upgrade a couple of those.

#73 Rivana

Rivana

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

For a while Paramount was doing $10 mail-in-rebates if you upgraded certain movies. I know last black Friday Best Buy was selling Braveheart and Gladiator for $13 each. With the mail-in-rebate that lowered the price to $3 per upgrade ($3.50 if you count the stamp) so that was a good deal but you have to wait a couple months to get your money back. I think that was supposed to end sometime this year, maybe next month? It might not be too late to upgrade a couple of those.

Yes, I bought Transformers Blu and there was a coupon for that MIR in the case. IIRC that ends 6/29/10 but don't quote me on that since I don't have the add sitting in front of me.

#74 crazylikeafox11

crazylikeafox11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

I havent taken part in this promotion, but I did with the HD2BLU promotion. I don't remember if I paid sales tax, but the new blu's were all sealed in original retail packaging.

You get the original retail packaging for the blu-rays? That's actually not a bad deal. I guess I'm not sure how I thought they'd be shipped back, but I thought it'd be kind of a disc only thing in return since that's all you gave them. I have maybe 10+ movies from the list. I think I'm going to have to actually do the upgrade thing then.

From anyone who has actually tried the program, what was the quality of the blurays when they arrived? New in shrinkwrap? Are they just the barebones Bluray features or are the special feature discs included as well.

I have about 15 of these on dvd that I am interested in upgrading on, but I don't want to just jump in without knowing the end result.

I don't think they require you to send in special feature discs (assuming they're separate) and the special features on most blu-rays are standard dvd quality anyways. So, if you still have your special features disc, no harm if the blu-rays don't come with them.

#75 MrFXXIII

MrFXXIII

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

So has anybody received their Blus yet?

I sent 7 dvds in about two weeks ago and received them today. They came UPS and I wasn't sent a confirmation from Warner that they received my discs.

#76 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

I sent 7 dvds in about two weeks ago and received them today. They came UPS and I wasn't sent a confirmation from Warner that they received my discs.

Cool. Much more prompt service than I was expecting from this...

#77 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

My DVD2Blu discs came in a few weeks after sending them out, came in all individually skrinkwrapped and just like I got them out of the store. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this promotion.

#78 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:05 AM

Same here, got mine a few days ago, no complaints. No worries about the trade-ins getting scratched up in shipping to invalidate them, or sending only the Fullscreen edition of Elf and keeping the widescreen one, etc. I don't get where people were complaining about bare-bones discs either, the BD's I got have typical features I expect on BDs for the most part.

#79 ssjChris

ssjChris

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:25 AM

After seeing dg7md's post, I went off to my local pawn shop and got 7 DVDs off the list for $3 each. Then I went to a Hollywood Video and got 3 more for like $5. I just stacked them all in a bubble envelope and dropped it in the mailbox on Friday. I see no reason to put these DVDs all in sleeves, I made sure the DVDs wouldn't slide around too much, so I'm 98% sure that they will be fine. I'll keep you all updated on when they arrive and if I actually get a e-mail confirming that they received or mailed out my blu rays.

#80 yankeesfan330

yankeesfan330

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

Shipped out 10 DVDs today. Hopefully they come soon!
Posted Image

Xbox 360 100% Complete Achievements: 10
(5 Xbox 360 Titles, 5 Arcade)

#81 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

I wonder why WB has a lot of titles on Red2Blu that they won't do for DVD2Blu.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#82 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

I'm sitting on almost a full month waiting for my discs. bummer.
Posted Image

#83 ssjChris

ssjChris

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

Roughly a week since I sent my DVDs in, and no e-mails yet. Got some more DVDs for this on FYE's store wide sale ($4.19 for 4 of my movies, and 4.89 for Ocean's 13). I'm also getting a few cheap movies off Amazon for this as well. You need 7 DVDs for free shipping and the cost of shipping is the cost of the average BR ($4.95) on the list, so why not?

#84 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:27 AM

Roughly a week since I sent my DVDs in, and no e-mails yet. Got some more DVDs for this on FYE's store wide sale ($4.19 for 4 of my movies, and 4.89 for Ocean's 13). I'm also getting a few cheap movies off Amazon for this as well. You need 7 DVDs for free shipping and the cost of shipping is the cost of the average BR ($4.95) on the list, so why not?

The only email I think you get is the first one with the shipping label, from that point you can track if it was received but I think they just send them out and I'm pretty certain they won't make any attempt to communicate with you.

**edit**

Nope, I'm wrong about that. From their FAQs:

Q: What is the status of my order?
A: Your prepaid postage label includes delivery tracking (see above). We will also send you an email when your new Blu-ray discs ship. You will be able to track the Blu-ray discs through the UPS or USPS tracking system.
Posted Image

#85 ssjChris

ssjChris

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:23 AM

The only email I think you get is the first one with the shipping label, from that point you can track if it was received but I think they just send them out and I'm pretty certain they won't make any attempt to communicate with you.

**edit**

Nope, I'm wrong about that. From their FAQs:

Q: What is the status of my order?
A: Your prepaid postage label includes delivery tracking (see above). We will also send you an email when your new Blu-ray discs ship. You will be able to track the Blu-ray discs through the UPS or USPS tracking system.

Ah. What was I thinking? I should of known to check the number on my shipping label. It said they received my DVDs on June 9th. At least I know they have my DVDs now! :)

#86 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

I asked the and there are a number of blus on backorder. Mine has been delayed because of The Mask, V for Vendetta and Oceans Eleven.
Posted Image

#87 skinkrawl

skinkrawl

DoyoulikePhilCollins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

Free shipping on this offer over the weekend, regardless of how many titles you get.

#88 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

Very cool. Sending them 10 of my crappy 'ole DVDs. Thanks for the link, OP.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#89 seanw

seanw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

I've been dithering over this for weeks. Free shipping seals the deal. Thanks, skin.

#90 techstar25

techstar25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

I've been procrastinating on this deal for a while. The free shipping makes it worth it. I'm trading in The Lost Boys and Wedding Crashers, for just $10.50. Pretty nice deal.