DVD2Blu - Trade your DVDs for BLUs

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#91 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

If their site specifically shows the SE DVD, does that mean they won't take in the regular DVD edition for the Blu-ray version?

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#92 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

Sweet, I didn't have enough to free shipping before. Now I'm golden.
Posted Image

#93 skinkrawl

skinkrawl

DoyoulikePhilCollins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:34 AM

You guys may also want to see if any pawn shops around you are selling dvds for a dollar (some around here have gotten to that point). You can pick up cheap copies of some of these and then swap them for blu.

#94 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:15 AM

I asked the and there are a number of blus on backorder. Mine has been delayed because of The Mask, V for Vendetta and Oceans Eleven.

Well, that sucks. My first order has V for Vendetta in it. And I'm about to send out Ocean's Eleven & The Mask.

Also, what's up with the site having Ocean's Eleven & Thirteen, but not Twelve? Been tempted to get a DVD copy of Twelve so when they put it on the site, I'll be able to ship it out.

You guys may also want to see if any pawn shops around you are selling dvds for a dollar (some around here have gotten to that point). You can pick up cheap copies of some of these and then swap them for blu.

That is good advice, skin. That's what I've been doing (I'm willing to pay $2-5 for a DVD so I can get a BR that is roughly $15-30 at retail.) Been getting a lot of the DVDs on the list at pawn shops, a liquidating Hollywood Video, and the current store wide FYE sale that's going on in my area. I'm mainly just grabbing whatever I can find that is used and cheap, and then I'll exchange them for blus.

#95 hiamiyumi

hiamiyumi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

Freddy vs Jason has 2 disc. Do I have to send 2 disc or just the movie disc?
Thanks

#96 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

Freddy vs Jason has 2 disc. Do I have to send 2 disc or just the movie disc?
Thanks

Just the movie disc. Example: Elf has a Wide/Full screen disc. You only have to send one. Terminator 3 has a separate Special Edition DVD (It's a 2 disc set), you keep the Special features DVD and just ship out the movie DVD.

Remember to ship out the right disc, or else they will destroy it, and not send it back.

Edited by SanjiX, 12 June 2010 - 04:27 PM.

#97 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

Free shipping on ANY order: June 11, 12 and 13

EDIT: LOL I don't have any of the ones on that list. Then again, I think my DVD collection is down to like 10 movies now.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#98 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Also, what's up with the site having Ocean's Eleven & Thirteen, but not Twelve? Been tempted to get a DVD copy of Twelve so when they put it on the site, I'll be able to ship it out.

Because Twelve was awful ;]
Posted Image

#99 camilli

camilli

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

got a stupid question I have the movies dumb and dumber and freddy vs jason but there new line entertainment will they still let me trade these in

#100 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

If it is on the list you can trade it, if not, then no.
Posted Image

#101 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

I'm sitting on almost a full month waiting for my discs. bummer.

That sucks. Delivery confirmation shows it only took three days for my package to get to them.

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#102 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

That sucks. Delivery confirmation shows it only took three days for my package to get to them.

Seems like standard time frame on mail-in deals like this is 6-8 weeks, so not that unusual.

#103 Sarge

Sarge

ΦKT - Beta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:09 AM

this is pretty cool considering i could probably pick up these dvds for next to nothing at blockbuster then get the blu ray version

also its free shipping over $35 iirc
Posted Image
Posted Image

#104 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:43 AM

My card was charged on Friday, so I suspect these are in the mail now.
Posted Image

#105 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:25 AM

I really wish they would update the titles every now and again. Even if it means taking some titles down, it would be nice to see some other movies cycled through this pretty sweet program. Oh, and $4.95 flat rate for all upgrades. But maybe I am just asking too much...

#106 tidwell

tidwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

I'm just glad Warner does this...even if it's not perfect. I put in two seperate orders during the free shiping weekend. Last time I did DVD2BLU, I think the turnaround was about a month to six weeks.

Can you imagine if Paramount or Universal did this?

Edited by tidwell, 21 June 2010 - 08:00 PM.

Now that you mention it I do have trouble breathing underwater sometimes.

Do you like bad movies? Well, bad movie reviews, anyway?
http://twodollarcinema.blogspot.com/

#107 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

If anything, Paramount and Universal should do HD-DVD to Blu-ray.

#108 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:19 AM

My Blus came! They arrived today (after two or so weeks) inside a large bubble envelope.

EDIT: Found Elf, lol. Found it in between a bunch of PS3 games, silly me. All we have is good news now. Went ahead and sent out 10 more DVDs today!

#109 Coyotezeye

Coyotezeye

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

Wish they would add the Harry Potter movies.. They have them for the Red2Blu program.. hate to spend another $25-$35 for the HD-DVDs then another $5 Each to then convert to Blu when I already own them on DVD.

www.exilecomputergaming.com
LAN Parties in Albany, NY

#110 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Question for those who have done this and have recieved the blu rays. Do you get the blu ray dvd with the case or just the dvd and you use your old DVD case?
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#111 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Question for those who have done this and have recieved the blu rays. Do you get the blu ray dvd with the case or just the dvd and you use your old DVD case?

The DVD2Blu site says this too, but all you need to send them is your DVD. Nothing else. They recycle the DVD, and send you a new Blu Ray w/case in plastic wrap.

#112 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

The DVD2Blu site says this too, but all you need to send them is your DVD. Nothing else. They recycle the DVD, and send you a new Blu Ray w/case in plastic wrap.

Cool thanks I have been to the site but kept missing that part too.
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#113 cmedjesky

cmedjesky

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

You get the entire shrink-wrapped blu.

I received mine today - it took a total of 10 days from the day I purchased them until I received them. Very fast (but I live near Michigan so that may help).

#114 genius33

genius33

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:16 AM

seriously??? you can't read where that question has been answered multiple times in this very thread? AND on the dvd2blu site??? holy crap, new levels here folks!

#115 whitedeath

whitedeath

DEATH before DISHONOR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:07 AM

can't some of these dvds be found used an amazon for like a penny each used plus shipping. if u can find a seller who has a bunch u could possibly make this a true cheap ass deal. might be too much a pain the ass to try to find someone with all titles but if u got the time u could make a killing

uncle_creepy78.png

#116 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:55 PM

can't some of these dvds be found used an amazon for like a penny each used plus shipping. if u can find a seller who has a bunch u could possibly make this a true cheap ass deal. might be too much a pain the ass to try to find someone with all titles but if u got the time u could make a killing

Got most of my DVDs the second time I did this for around $3-5 from Amazon. Most of the movies I just buy the Full Screen version for a penny + shipping (which is usually $3 shipped), then I ship it out to DVD2Blu.

It seems packaging is a bit of a mixed bag. One guy earlier in the thread said he got his Blus in a box, while I got my in a large bubble envelope (all of them were loose). Thankfully, I only had one case with some minor damage. How was the packaging for everyone else?

#117 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

seriously??? you can't read where that question has been answered multiple times in this very thread? AND on the dvd2blu site??? holy crap, new levels here folks!

It'd an odd phenomenon, this thing called the internet. People know how to get onto Craigslist and Ebay, but have no idea how to price compare to see if they're going to be overpaying. Just like some people here would rather post a question and wait hours for a response than taking the 20 seconds to look it up themselves. ;)

#118 madgamez

madgamez

X1 Cometh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:58 AM

I had a small chip in one of the blu boxes not a biggie sincecan hardly tell but yeah mine came in a big padded envelope even though i got 8 blus back? Anyway mine took the full time about a month and 3 weeks since they received mine.

#119 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

I had a small chip in one of the blu boxes not a biggie sincecan hardly tell but yeah mine came in a big padded envelope even though i got 8 blus back? Anyway mine took the full time about a month and 3 weeks since they received mine.

Yeah, I got 10, and I got them all loose! And I just sent out 10 more a few days ago. Expecting more fantastic packaging for this shipment too! :applause:

#120 cmedjesky

cmedjesky

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:31 AM

My second set arrived today. The first came via UPS the second USPS so don't assume any delivery method.