Photo
- - - - -

Duke Nukem Forever discussion - Out now!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#31 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

GameStop and Walmart preorder bonuses announced:

http://www.dukenukem...r.com/preorder/

No word on Amazon or BestBuy, unfortunately.

Also, here are some recent previews:

#32 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Haha dang eastx! I made a DNF thread here last week, surprised thinking no one had yet, but you got the jump on it so early it just practically disappeared!

#33 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

Holy Fuck. Looks like I am preordering from Wal-Mart. I want that trucker hat.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#34 kdogmarana

kdogmarana

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:53 AM

Duke Nukem is by far considered a classic now it was a great game but, you have to consider the graphic transformation we only know duke as a piece of cardboard. Im curious to see whether or not they can pull it off and bring him to the modern day gamer and still kick ass and chew bubble gum that is if he has any.

#35 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:06 AM

If you set your expectations too high you will undoubtedly be disappointed. So instead, try to dial it back and just be excited that a new Duke game is coming from a good developer.

What are appropriate expectations for a game that took 14 years to develop?
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#36 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:10 AM

Ones just slightly higher than what you expected out of Prey.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#37 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:08 AM

If you think that each additional year of development adds more quality, you're naive. The game had extremely troubled development. Plus it's been passed on to a new developer. Gearbox surely will produce a good game, but it's not going to be 7 times better than any other FPS just because it took 7 times longer to create.

#38 vlad86

vlad86

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

The game does look pretty amazing but I cant see what kind of multiplayer you can have with such powerful guns....Im thinking its going to be pretty dull! If your in it for the single player I think it may be worth the money but if your looking for an online game I think youd better hold off!

#39 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

The game does look pretty amazing but I cant see what kind of multiplayer you can have with such powerful guns....Im thinking its going to be pretty dull! If your in it for the single player I think it may be worth the money but if your looking for an online game I think youd better hold off!

This game's rooted in the golden age of FPS games where guns were overpowered and tactics involved running around in the open, strafing a lot, and holding down your trigger finger. Don't set your expectations beyond that and you'll be OK. BFBC2, etc. will still satisfy your desire to use cover and more complex squad tactics.

That said, I never even played Duke Nukem 3D online once as I'm pretty sure it didn't support TCP/IP, so you had to pay a monthly fee for the TEN network. Even if DNF didn't have MP, I wouldn't be too bummed.

#40 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

Duke Nukem 3D was a blast on MP. I remember playing the football stadium map and getting the jet pack. Was funny to fly up so high you couldn't be seen and start raining down fire on your fellow players.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#41 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

Duke Nukem 3D was a blast on MP. I remember playing the football stadium map and getting the jet pack. Was funny to fly up so high you couldn't be seen and start raining down fire on your fellow players.

I'm sure the XBLA version of DN3D supports MP so I'd love to try it out, but I wonder if anyone plays it still? I don't own a copy as I've missed all of its sales.

#42 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

Delayed until June 14th.

seanr1221.png

#43 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

Delayed until June 14th.

What a shocker right? ;)

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#44 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

and when was the last time a game that was released the week of or after E3 performed well? Enter The Matrix?

#45 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

I don't care how long they wind up delaying this, I would rather have it be good. I have a millions games to play anyhow.

#46 Spanky

Spanky

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

I don't care how long they wind up delaying this, I would rather have it be good. I have a millions games to play anyhow.

Same. I have a huge backlog and I'm willing to wait another month and some days for the release. Still need to purchased both Dukes on XBLA.
Posted Image

#47 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

I don't care how long they wind up delaying this

Could you wait another 12 years?
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#48 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

Could you wait another 12 years?

:)

Gearbox is doing it. Borderlands turned out well and some of the Gearbox guys actually worked at 3d Realms at some point. I assume the game isn't cursed and that they will be able to bring it out by winter 2011 at the latest.

#49 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

Whats with the US getting it later then the rest of the world? Kinda odd.

#50 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

Is it safe to say this is the most anticipated game in video game history? I mean we've been waiting over a decade for this, I can't think of any other game that people have waited this long for, at least that was actually in production and not just a wish.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#51 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

Is it safe to say this is the most anticipated game in video game history? I mean we've been waiting over a decade for this, I can't think of any other game that people have waited this long for, at least that was actually in production and not just a wish.

The closest thing would probably be John Romero's Daikatana and that didn't turn out so well. :cry:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:24 AM

Now I see why they delayed it from May to June. Look at what comes out in May for shooters (at least according to Amazon)

May 17th Brink
May 24th Fear 3
May 31st Red Faction: Armageddon

L.A Noire also comes out in May.

Needless to say theres not much competition in June (Call of Juarez being the only big shooter, the rest of the games mainly movie games like Transformers and Green Latern). It will probably help It's sales a lot by avoding the trifecta of shooters.

#53 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

Gearbox is doing it. Borderlands turned out well and some of the Gearbox guys actually worked at 3d Realms at some point. I assume the game isn't cursed and that they will be able to bring it out by winter 2011 at the latest.

No, they aren't, really. The game was mostly done when 3D Realms ran out of cash and had to fire all of their employees in May 2009. After that, a bunch of those ex-3D Realms people kept unofficially working on the game literally out of their homes for a while, before a bunch of them formed a new studio called Triptych Games, to officially continue work on the game. Triptych is actually the studio doing the core work on finishing the content of the game, and Gearbox is acting is support role to them.

Randy Pitchford would probably like you to believe it's the other way around. He's a fat-headed braggart who would love to take credit for the game for himself and his studio, but that's a goddamn lie. This game has hundreds of man-years of work put into it, and only a small bit of that is Gearbox. We keep hearing about Gearbox in the DNF marketing because of how successful Borderlands was, not because they are the ones actually doing the core work of finishing the game.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:47 AM

IGN review:

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1175639p1.html

Don't get your expectations too high... Still sounds decently fun to me though.

#55 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

IGN review:

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1175639p1.html

Don't get your expectations too high... Still sounds decently fun to me though.

While the reviewer points out the gameplay flaws did he really need to spend a whole paragraph looking really far into that Halo joke.It obvious that he's not a fan of Duke's character.

#56 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

True that. Kotaku's impressions are the same way - the guy doesn't like Duke himself much and it flavors his reaction to the game.

#57 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

Disappointing the game is meh but the demo was enough for me to cancel my pre-order.

I'll most likely pick up this game at $10 or $20 which is only a matter of time with the holiday season not too far away. I can wait 6+ months for it as I waited this long already.

#58 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

I played the game a month or so ago and it was god-awful.

I cannot imagine this is worth anybody's $60. If you like the idea of Duke Nukem, just play Bulletstorm.

#59 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

This is definitely nothing more than a Goozex receive for me. Looks pretty terrible but I still feel a weird compulsion to play it just because of its history.

Too bad, but I honestly didn't expect anything worthwhile.
Posted Image

#60 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

Console versions are getting negativity but the PC version are getting decent to positive reviews. I'm leaning towards buying an OnLive version of the game. I have til 11pm Central to decide.

431417_10150545115617030_1389355330_n.jp