Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5328 replies to this topic

#3031 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:01 AM

If any of you want a cheap GHIII or Rock Band 2 bundle, you'd better get to the Six Corners Sears before they're all gone. Some dude was going crazy, snatching them up tonight.

#3032 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:29 AM

If any of you want a cheap GHIII or Rock Band 2 bundle, you'd better get to the Six Corners Sears before they're all gone. Some dude was going crazy, snatching them up tonight.

What were the prices? Also, anything else good at that store?

Thanks.

#3033 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

What were the prices? Also, anything else good at that store?

Thanks.

Not sure about exact prices, but the Sears Clearance thread says that the GHIII bundle for :360: is supposed to ring up $4.97!!!:hot:

#3034 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

Not sure about exact prices, but the Sears Clearance thread says that the GHIII bundle for :360: is supposed to ring up $4.97!!!:hot:

I could head over there tomorrow after my flea market run. I wanted to visit that Gamestop that's over there for some PS2 and Xbox titles.

#3035 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

The clearance bin was ransacked yesterday, so don't get your hopes up for finding anything of value.

#3036 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

The clearance bin was ransacked yesterday, so don't get your hopes up for finding anything of value.

I probably will just have to miss out then. There are a couple of titles from Sears that I'm looking out for so it's worth a look.

#3037 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:36 AM

Sears in Schaumburg had about 6 each of GHIII bundles for both :ps2: and :ps3: today.

#3038 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

Sears in Schaumburg had about 6 each of GHIII bundles for both :ps2: and :ps3: today.

Are these the ones that're supposed to be ringing up at 5 bucks?
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3039 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

Are these the ones that're supposed to be ringing up at 5 bucks?

I believe so. $15 is still a flippin' sweet deal for the bundle, too.

#3040 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:29 AM

This weather sucks.

#3041 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:35 AM

Grabbed one of the GH3 bundles at the Six Corners Sears today for, yes, $15. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it. GH really wears out my fingers and I got the original for my daughter in Feb and she hasn't played in months. If anyone wants to buy it off me, holler.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3042 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:36 AM

Ooh, also, the selection at the Big Lots at Diversey and Cicero is craptastic. None of the new titles PC Girl mentioned are there. They do have the 360 GHWT bundle but it's $140.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3043 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:17 AM

By chance, does anyone know if Dominick's started selling the discounted Taste of Chicago food tickets yet?

#3044 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Dudes, I haven't been on here in a while, but I kept reading about a Chicago meet up and still nothing has happened. Any word on how many people would be down? Is there a good day coming up we can do this on?

I, for one, am down (barring schedule conflicts of course).

#3045 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

Dudes, I haven't been on here in a while, but I kept reading about a Chicago meet up and still nothing has happened. Any word on how many people would be down? Is there a good day coming up we can do this on?

I, for one, am down (barring schedule conflicts of course).

Well I think for the delay is trying to figure our the location and date that would be easy for everyone. I never been to the first meetup but the second was only five of us (bakers square), the third was four (the bar by logan) and this last one at the Father and Son pizza was a great turn out of at least 12 people so hopefully we can think of something so an even bigger turnout would be possible. I would like to do the Gameworks since theirs games and food/bar inside and some decent eats within the mall.

#3046 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

I'm down for Gameworks.

#3047 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:34 PM

By chance, does anyone know if Dominick's started selling the discounted Taste of Chicago food tickets yet?

It should be on sell now.

#3048 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

On the ad starting today (Thursday the 18th):

Get set for the Taste of Chicago at Dominick's

Get 12 Taste Tickets for Just $6 (regularly $8) June 18 through June 25.
Limit 4 ticket strips per family. Regular priced tickets on sale from June 26 to July 5.

PLUS enter for a chance to WIN 12 Taste Tickets just by using your Dominick's Fresh Values Card* June 20 - June 21
*No purchase necessary. See Customer Service for alternate method of entry.

Visit Dominick's at the Taste of Chicago!
Dominick's salutes Taste of Chicago '09

#3049 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

Awesome weather we are having. I was going to be at GS bright and early for the B2G1, but it didn't happen. Hopefully the rain will let up a bit...

#3050 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

My basement flooded like a boss.

The CAG meet up needs to happen soon.

#3051 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:01 AM

Got caught in the store up at Costco on Touhy. Got to say hi to chicagoz, so that was cool. It was fucking raining sideways, and the power went out after I had checked out.

#3052 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:44 AM

Got caught in the store up at Costco on Touhy. Got to say hi to chicagoz, so that was cool. It was fucking raining sideways, and the power went out after I had checked out.

Nice to see ya again! And it got very crazy when the power went out. Not a good day for me.

Oh and thanks to those who answered by question. I'll be stopping at Dominick's Saturday to pick up some cheap tickets.

#3053 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:13 AM

I was in the NW suburbs most of the day and it wasn't so bad. By the way, the selection at the Palatine Half Price Books is meh.

Speaking of power going out, if anyone remembers the Coconuts that used to be at Lincoln and Peterson, I was in there once when the power went out and a bunch of people just took shit and left the store. Looting ftw?
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3054 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:34 AM

I was in the NW suburbs most of the day and it wasn't so bad. By the way, the selection at the Palatine Half Price Books is meh.

Speaking of power going out, if anyone remembers the Coconuts that used to be at Lincoln and Peterson, I was in there once when the power went out and a bunch of people just took shit and left the store. Looting ftw?

Hahaha awesome. I was in Rolling Stones (by the HIP mall) a couple of years ago when a car crashed through the store. It was insane.

#3055 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

Ok, here we go. August 8, 2009 at Gameworks at Noon. Is that workable for everyone.

#3056 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

Ok, here we go. August 8, 2009 at Gameworks at Noon. Is that workable for everyone.

Well I know I'll be out of town most of that day already, but I hope it works for everyone else.

#3057 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

Seems alright with me, the problem is for a married guy is that can change at any moment:-#.

Gameworks is pretty cool, lots of cool non-video games, such as a new take on air hockey and a free throw shooting game on a regulation hoop. Of course the last time I went was about 2 years ago. Hopefully they are better at maintenance than D&B's.
Space for Rent:lol:

#3058 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:06 AM

If anyone is out near Crystal Lake (I know, suburban guy) the Gamestop on Rte 31 (newer one near the new Walmart and a Starbucks) I saw some good stuff in the bins on Friday. I almost got it, but they had 1 copy of Tomb Raider Underworld brand new (well it's gamestop so it's not sealed though) for the PC for $15. It was half off. I was in a hurry and feeling under the weather so I can't recall the other ones off hand (sorry, wasn't trying to keep a mental note of them all)...

But now that I found this regional area and finished a massive project was working on, I'll try to help out with updates when I see them for anyone way up here in the NW suburbs.

#3059 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

Nice. I'll pencil it in on the calendar.:applause:

#3060 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

For those guys who are going to the Costco on Touhy, I live nearby. Maybe we can hang out at my place someday and play some games and have a beer or whatever. I'd hate to let the summer go by before I meet up with some CAGs. I'm also in Lakeview/Lincoln Park often if someone wants to host a game night. I can get to the South and West Side, too.