It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, WeaponX2099, I didn't find any copies of Rez or Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. But, I'll keep on looking if I go to another TRU...

Where's that place in Hobart I'm not to far from there. Also a good place to snatch up some old cheap games is Disc Replay they are located in Naperville and Hobart. I think they more locations though.

ryosnk

there is a place on Harlem and Montrose on the northside that carries games for all systems that ever existed.

NEO-GEO - Turbo Grafx - Vectrex included! :D

They can be a little pricey on some items but on others they have some good deals. The last time I was there I was very tempted to buy a sega master system complete plus they had a bunch of games available for it.
Complete with cases and instructions.

They also have many old consoles and games available.

The store is called

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Store hours are 11-9pm Mon-Sat
12-6pm Sun

If you'd like the Phone number PM me and I'll send it you.
I grabbed one of there business cards the last time I was there.

I know there's a Disc Replay in Chicago. There might also be more than one store in the city, too?...

There's a place called Windy City Exchange, it's on Cicero, about two blocks south of Milwaukee. They sell new and used games, imports, systems, and pretty much everything in between. Their prices may be mostly on the high side, but if you don't want to try and outbid other buyer's on eBay, you have a good chance of finding what you are looking for at the store...

I just checkout Disc replay in norridge and downers grove and the prices vary alot. For example I picked up robotron for $2 and the one in downers grove had it for $8. But the one in downers grove had alot of more snes and nes games. :? Also Windy city game exchange is out of business. Also VideoGames Etc. is sweet! :D

Anyone in Chicago would like to form a Halo 2 clan when it comes out also anyone up for some xbl?

[quote name='ryosnk']Also Windy city game exchange is out of business.[/quote]

Really? I didn't know that. Well, I didn't go there often. The last time I was there was over 2 years ago...

not that I know of . . .

Have you tried searching the Web for Chicago Flee Markets.

I think they do have some on the south side.
I personally never had any luck at a Flee market so I don't really bother with them.

You on Live? Send me a request tag is in the sig

If you know where the Rosemont Horizon, or AlllState Arena as it's called now is, they have a flea market there every Sunday. Although, at this time of year, they may be preparing to stop for the winter.

Swap-o-rama is ok and they have 3 locations. The one I know is at 129th off Crawford rd. aka Pukasi you can see it off I-294. There is another i heard of is In front or around the Tweeter center on Sundays. But check Fridays newspapers, they can tell you more.

Do you all play other non-FPS games in tournaments?
I didn't know you all were so close to me. Isn't Lawrence in the middle of L-town?

If the get together goes through we can play a few sports games and fighting games, thats if we can get our hands of halo 2 multiplayer :wink: .

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']L-town?[/quote]
I guess it's more of a black thing LOL :D
It's called L-Town because all the streets on that part of the westside start with the Letter L. L-town is close to Oak Park. It's like Lorel, Laramie, Leamington, etc
Then it's K-town which is Kostner and all those other streets.

I don't think that's what K-town stands for... I've known K-town as the area close to Kimball and Lawrence since it's basically where most of the Koreans in Chicago seem to live... if you want some good spicy chicken, I recommend going to the 'Great Seas' Restaurant (on Lawrence, about 2-3 blocks east of Kimball)... ask for the lollipop chicken... also if you want, you can order the spicy sauce (in hot or mild versions but I recommend the spicy) separately... goes good w/ other meat products... I get that stuff almost every week :lol:

Then it's 2 K-towns. I forgot about the Korean thing. But when I'm at a BSU (Black Student Union)
meeting at my school, it's this teacher always talking about how his uncle was a drug dealer and a pimp in K-town and now he has about 10 children.

Hello guys,

I live in the South Side (Oak Lawn)

I figured I'd help the thread out a little bit. There are a few places that I know of. Here is one place for now.

-----------------

Highscore (95th and Ridgeland Ave.)
Although some prices are a little bit on the high side, this store is great. They have everything you might be intrested in. Vintage, imports, rare accessories .. etc. Here are a few things I picked up the last month:

Sega CD/Genesis combo Model 1 in mint condition with two controllers and any 4 CD games 14.99 or less. They still have one more for 79.99

Star Ocean: The 2nd Story (Brand New PSX) for 29.99
I believe they have one more

Tales of Destiny 2 (Brand New PSX) for 29.99

Gradius III & IV (Mint used PS2) for 9.99

Used XBOX with three month warranty at the store for $100

I am sure you will find what you need. They have DVDs, Anime, Domestic games for most systems, DC Imports, PS2 Imports, Saturn Imports, NEOGEO, NEOGEO Pocket, LYNX, All the vintage Ataris, Posters, Wallscrolls, Gundam figures, trading cards, arcade sticks..........

-------------

Also if you are into the rare games like shooters and fighters, you might wanna check out the GameCrazy special order. You can order any game and they locate it at any store nationally and ship it for 6 bucks. It usually takes about a week to get a game. They also run for alot less than what you pay on ebay. I also had luck with the gamestop website.. I just search for a game I want and check if any store around me has them. I made a hefty amount of money getting games like Power Stone 2, MVC 2, GigaWing 2, Bangai-O, Mars Matrix, and Project Justice for DC. Not to mention the other platforms.

So good luck on your hunt

There is a decent amount here. So it wouldn't be a bad idea, but everyone who posted in this thread in Chicagoland area person so you could start here.

Well like best buy is having the sale. I was wondering if any of you have found certain locations that have some of the games that are on clearance. If anyone can help, I'm looking for winning eleven 6 (ps2), the suffering (xbox), whiplash (xbox) and bomberman jetter (gc).

[quote name='Vicious']Hello guys,

I live in the South Side (Oak Lawn)

[/quote]

Hey! I grew up in Oak Lawn! I moved to MN for a while to go to school and am now back in the area, although I live in Lockport now.

[quote name='ryosnk']Well like best buy is having the sale. I was wondering if any of you have found certain locations that have some of the games that are on clearance. If anyone can help, I'm looking for winning eleven 6 (ps2), the suffering (xbox), whiplash (xbox) and bomberman jetter (gc).[/quote]

i'm headed out to some today, i'll keep an eye out. oh and thanks for changing the original thread post :D

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='ryosnk']Well like best buy is having the sale. I was wondering if any of you have found certain locations that have some of the games that are on clearance. If anyone can help, I'm looking for winning eleven 6 (ps2), the suffering (xbox), whiplash (xbox) and bomberman jetter (gc).[/quote]

i'm headed out to some today, i'll keep an eye out. oh and thanks for changing the original thread post :D[/quote]

Hey if you can hook up some of those games I can reinburse you at your halo 2 party.

Thanks for looking.

Update:

I just came from the best buy by the golf mill mall and got Advance wars 2 and destruction derby. Got the last copy of aw2 but they had like 7 copies of destruction derby.

I went to the one on North and didn't see anything either.
Try North Riverside. I'm gonna go there this weekend.
Harlem & Grand Circuit city (they have stuff left over from the summer clearance)

[quote name='akilshohen']Harlem & Grand Circuit city (they have stuff left over from the summer clearance)[/quote]

Like what games do they have?

quantum redshift and Roadtrip. I went to the CC at north riverside and saw Crimson sea too. It was still labeled at $40 so got it for $5

The one by Lane Tech has some bummy console deals, but the PC games are ok. I rarely go in there because I'm ready to go home after a long day at school, or go to BB and CC on North/Sheffild.

just got back from TRU tonight, didnt have alot to choose from..i got 9.99 Mortal Kombat:DA, NHK 2K5, and top spin 19.99 for free..for som reason i got top spin for free and paid around 34 total for th 2 other..i'll keep top spin, but are the other 2 games worth it..should i exchange them for something else? i wanted crimson skies, but sold out..let me know of any games i should get around $20...thanks

Yesterday, I went to the BB on North Avenue, and I seen MTX Mototrax (XB) for $9.99...

Two weeks ago, I went to the CC on Harlem & Grand, I finally found Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (XB) for $19.99. So, you know where to go if your having trouble finding the game...
:D

[quote="Two weeks ago, I went to the CC on Harlem & Grand, I finally found Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (XB) for $19.99. So, you know where to go if your having trouble finding the game...[/color]:D[/quote]

Go to Eb and gamestop they should have it their.

Hey if anyone is looking for the fatal fury (Terry bogard hat) and the gradius v breakdown dvd they have it in stock at the riverpoint plaza gamestop. I got them by subscribing to Game informer. Overall cool looking hat and fun dvd to view. :).

I posted this over in the VF4/Target/YMMV thread already, but I figured that this might be the place to post for a Chicago-area deal. Here goes...

I've been looking for a cheap copy of VF4:Evo in the Chicagoland area (north side, preferrably) for a while now. I was originally looking to get in on the (thru Saturday/today) B2G1 free deal at TRU (along with Guilty Gear for the Xbox and maybe another $20 game... like Soul Calibur II or Xenosaga), but if the game's really $5 at local Target stores, then I'm be all over it. I'll try calling a store early Saturday, but I was wondering: the Target web site still lists the game as $19.99, so is there any chance I can still get it that cheap in-store? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Oh yeah, and does anyone know if a Chicago-area TRU still has any copies of VF4:Evo in stock? I'll call, but I'm not sure if they'll check other store locations for me or not.

bread's done
Back