It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SEGA128DC']So, how many CAGs from the Chicago land area, pre-ordered Halo 2? Also, how many of you are going to pickup Halo 2 at midnight?...[/quote]
Dang it, I still gotta get me a LE. Anyone know of any decent (trade-in?) deals for this coming week? Blockbuster/GameRush has got the extra $5 per game offer (for 3+ games) through this Sunday, I believe, but I haven't heard anything official from EB specifically regarding Halo 2 (except the earlier $10 trade-in deal which expired a few weeks ago).

I'm picking up my halo 2 LE at best buy because they usually are lower at price at release date then other stores and if I want to price match it later they can hook it up. Also I have a few $5 reward zone coupons and I have the gamers coupon. ;).

Of interest to fellow Chicagoans:

There MAY be a GAMERUSH near us!!!
(and a use for my $250+ in BB store credit!! :) )

I will post any and all details as I get them! :)

*fingers crossed*

If any of you chicago cags could hook me up on a deal for one of the green xbox controller s at walmart, I would gladly pay $20 shipped for one, it is only the walmart in chicago that has these at that price.

EB's got a new $10 trade-in deal (up to 5 non-excluded games) for Halo 2 until the 8th. I don't know whether that means I can still get a copy of the Limited/Special Edition come midnight the 9th, but I am glad they came through with the deal.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Of interest to fellow Chicagoans:

*fingers crossed*[/quote]

Get out of here :shock:

[quote name='ryosnk'][quote name='Gameboy415']Of interest to fellow Chicagoans:

Get out of here :shock:[/quote]

I got a PM this morning (I'll withhold the name for now) saying:

"There's one on Milwaukee Ave. (W. of Belmont) in Chicago..."

In response to my plea for a Chicagoland GAMERUSH. I'm going to go search for it today and I'll report back with the hopefully good news!

Anyone going to this?

http://www.ilovebees.com/recipie9.html

Apparently at these locations:

hursday, Nov. 4, from 6:00 – 9:00 pm Pacific time at the following coordinates:

570 2nd Ave, New York
601 N. Martingale, Schaumburg IL
2700 W Anderson Lane, Village Shopping Center, Austin
101 4th St, San Francisco

People can test out Halo 2 and get stuff like lanyards and whatnot.

Great news if it's true as I just ended up about $250 in BB credit as well.
One clerk mentioned GR's coming to Chicago when I was trading in some stuff but I figured he was talking out of his $#@.

Some advice to any Chicagoans trading at Blockbuster... if you put the credit on a gift card.. get one with the scratch off pin number on they back. They have ones with it and it's only good in-store while the others can be used online. The blockbuster website actually has some NEW new games for sale while the only new games I ever see in stores here are platinum hits from 1-2 years ago.

[quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='ryosnk'][quote name='Gameboy415']Of interest to fellow Chicagoans:

Get out of here :shock:[/quote]

I got a PM this morning (I'll withhold the name for now) saying:

"There's one on Milwaukee Ave. (W. of Belmont) in Chicago..."

In response to my plea for a Chicagoland GAMERUSH. I'm going to go search for it today and I'll report back with the hopefully good news![/quote]

False alarm everyone :(

It turned out to be a GameCrazy in a Hollywood Video.

Although I was bummed out I couldn't use my credit there, that place is fuckING AMAZING. Sooooo many games! Once I get some cash flowing again I will be hitting up that place hardcore.

Oh and kudos about the gift card idea. I plan to do that myself very soon.

WOO!

If any of y'all have been doing the Blockbuster trade in deals, you can get your credit put on gift cards that work online and order brand new games!!

Most stuff is regular price, but I just got Taiko Drum Master (with drum) for only $49.99!! Its listed at $69.99 @ Gamestop! I also ordered Donkey Konga.

If you do get the giftcards, make sure you get the ones with the scratch off stuff on the back, the ones that are in set amounts WILL NOT WORK!

Hope this helps tide y'all over til we get a Gamerush out here ;)

Did any of you go to the ilovebees combat training in Schaumburg, IL? If so how did it go? I wanted to go but my ride didn't want too because he was feeling sick :( .

Where is everyone going to pick their Halo 2 copy?

I'm picking it at Best buy located at Skokie and I'm going to price match it with the target ad and try too get the strategy guide for free ;). Unless I can get the watch and strategy guide at Circuit City:).

I went to the Best Buy on North Avenue. It was crazy over there with hundreds of people! I waited 1 hour and a half, just to get into the store! But, I got my copy of Halo 2 Limited Edition...:D

Gamestop on touhy in the village crossing shopping center.

Waitied in line for about half an hour. Got the game and then played two rounds of death match with some friends on two widescreen tvs with two Xbox system link. They had a really nice set up with food and beverages.

Went home opened it up and checked out the contents and instruction booklet and then crashed out. Probably might be on live later tonight but I am going to a buddy's house to play some death match tonight so I'll see what time I get home.

Three words . . . Covenant Energy Sword . . . sick :twisted:

I just came back from the best buy in touhy (village crossing shopping center) and got my halo 2 LE and my free strategy guide (priced matched it from target) and used my GGC from best buy and got my reward points :).

I picked it up in GameStop in Schaumburg Golf Road accross from the mall. Got in line at 11:45 and left at 12:15, I didnt have a preorder and I got an LE

Went to the Best Buy on Howard (right on the Evanston/Chicago border) and picked up my CE pre-order about 10:30 or so this morning. Maybe one or two people ahead of me in line at customer service, and they were probably there for returns or exchanges. No go on the strategy guide, but I wasn't expecting that anyway. In and out, no biggie. Nice.

Hey all-- just signed up for this forum-- good to see a massive Chicago post!

All I can really add to the store list is pawnshops-- ya never know, check em regularly. I've caught some good stuff. My prized find was Tobal 2 for the PS1-- $5-- at a pawnshop in wilmette. it's a japanese import fighting game.

Speaking of which, that's where i live-- in wilmette with my folks while i go to community college. Only about a year and a half till i'm out of this boring ass town again, heh.

see ya around! :)

Got mine at a Gamecrazy near Belmont and Central. Got in line at 11:55, walked out at 12:15 w/ my preordered LE edition Halo2 but i still haven't played it since I've got work :(

[quote name='"WeaponX2099"']Okay then. Post away bub. Lately I just go to a few stores:

Matteson EB (sucks Horribly)

Wait, wait, wait. EB in Matteson does not "suck". At least south burbs had a second choice for getting a good selection of games- and I know for a fact on the day after Thanksgiving they weren't busy at all, despite some good deals, which is a good thing- backdoor shopping through the front.

At least you don't have to wait in line, unlike the GameStop down the street. Not to mention they won't give you "elite" attitude.

Not sure if anyone realized, but Reckless Records buys and sells used games. There's one on 3161 N.Broadway that has a pretty good selection. On sunday, they had a Zelda OoT GC disc for $25 and Morrowind for $10, among a bunch of other games. there's also one on 1532 N Milwaukee(Near North Ave. + Milwaukee, by the Double Door) that doesn't have much. There is a pawn shop down the street from it though, that has a lot of games too-- all at an even $15.
Reckless keeps up with their prices, so they know when they have a rare game and price it accordingly, but you can find some really cheap ones too. On top of that, they have a TON of used DvDs and are the best music shops in the city, I highly recommend Reckless records.

Btw, if anyone can help me out-- I'm desperately searching for Xenogears and a Zelda 4 in 1 promo disc for gamecube...if anyone finda one of these at a decent price and wants to help me out, i'd really appreciate it! :)

Apossum - do you care if Xenogears is the Greatest Hits edition? I see those in Gamestops all over the place for

Hey Chicago CAG's, if you couldn't join the CAG clan you can join my clan called the Ramblers. Email me if interested :).

700 post:)

I just ordered it on amazon for $15...for some reason i thought it would be pretty easy to find a $10 copy somewhere.

the Zelda 4 in 1 is my holy grail though....I refuse to pay 30+ on ebay! some random pawn shop, somewhere in the middle of chicago will have one for a decent price! :)

Good luck on your hunt. I've got the 4 in 1 and they'll hafta pry it from my cold dead corpse b4 I give my copy up (or a better bundle is created :whistle2:D )

We should have a Chicago area Halo 2 matchup via XBL! It would be cool to have a few matchups with you all.

Post your gamertag and lets discuss a day that we can all play the CHICAGO HALO 2 XBL challenge?

Has anyone been to the videogame shop close to the corner of Harlem & Montrose? I think it's near the Norridge theaters and the name of the place is simply 'Videogames' right under an auto parts sign. I passed by the area but didn't have time to step in and check the place out.

[quote name='jaykrue']Has anyone been to the videogame shop close to the corner of Harlem & Montrose? I think it's near the Norridge theaters and the name of the place is simply 'Videogames' right under an auto parts sign. I passed by the area but didn't have time to step in and check the place out.[/quote]

Yeah it's right on montrose and harlem. I been there a couple of times. They have quite a selection. Vintage systems, sealed DC and PSX games, and a really good industrial resurfacer are some of it's pros.

BTW, does anyone here rent games online? What's the fastest and best service for IL.

Nope dead at Niles Location on Touhy. They rang up for $4.99 each but the cashier changed the price to 2 for $30. I bought the games but I am going to return them later.

Just came back from Schaumburg, IL

PS2
Hot Shots Golf 3
Socom II
Ace Combat 4

GC
Finding Nemo
Animal Crossing w/Memory Card
Luigi's Mansion

XBOX
KOTOR
THUG

all $4.99 ea. This is soooo sweet. I dont really want some of these games, but hopefully I can exchange them later, like after x-mas for some good PC, GH, or PH.

Well, Tonight I went to the CC on Elston Avenue. Unfortunately, the 2 games for $9.99, (glitch) deal is dead...:(

But, I didn't leave empty handed though. I found ESPN NFL 2K4 (XB) on clearance for $9.99, in the bargain bin...

Just found this thread... I live in Indiana but work in Chicago. Next time you guys do some XBL action, I'm all for it.

bread's done
Back