Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5326 replies to this topic

#3931 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

You might be better off getting a new PS3. Sometimes those YLOD fixes can get pretty expensive.

$65- 89 isn't that bad to fix my 60gb, but I want my saves and stuff.

#3932 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

What is YLOD, besides the gang? LOL

Also, Tap Room for the next Lesnar fight?

Date? I'd be interested.

#3933 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:38 PM

Where is the tap room located at and is their a cover charge?

#3934 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

Date for the discussed Lesnar fight is this Saturday from 9-12. I plan on watching it no matter what either at a friends house, or possibly if something materializes here.

As far as the Tap Room goes, I saw 2 locations, one is 3010 N Lincoln Ave, the other is 1501 N Dayton Street. Not sure which one was the one hinted at. The one on Lincoln is like 4-5 blocks from my house, so I may be down with that. Don't know if there's a cover, I've never been there. I usually drink a couple blocks closer to the house, God knows there's enough places to go in this area.

#3935 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:48 AM

$65- 89 isn't that bad to fix my 60gb, but I want my saves and stuff.

That's not too bad then. I've seen a few repairs go into the $150 range.

#3936 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

Hey CAG's. The NBA season is right around the corner. I am an 11 game Bulls Ticket Plan owner. I was hoping to be able to go to all of them but money is a little tight so I need to sell some of them. All games come in sets of 2 tickets in the 300 level. I have 6 games right now that I'm willing to part with. I am selling these tickets at $55 each so $110 for a bundle. F.Y.I- Face value is $60-$70 so you are getting an awsome deal already. I only paid $50 a ticket because of the season ticket plan discount. I'm not looking to make a big profit here. Prices are firm and you have to buy both tickets for that game. Just trying to stay afloat and give CAG's a great time at a Bull's game.

All games start at 7:00 p.m as of right now.
December 1st (Wed.) vs. Orlando Magic- 307 Row 3 Seat- 7,8
December 4th (Sat.) vs. Houston Rockets- 307 Row 3 Seat- 5,6
December 6th (Mon.) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder- 307 Row 5 Seat 1,2
January 10th (Mon.) vs. Detroit Pistons- 307 Row 3 Seat 3,4
March 11th (Fri.) vs. Atlanta Hawks- 309 Row 1 Seat 13,14
April 5th (Tues.) vs. Phoenix Suns- 309 Row 1 Seat 15,16

This is easier for me to do because my only other option is Stubhub and Bulls Tix Exchange. They are great websites but this is will help us avoid any fees and hassle.

I have the option to either directly e-mail them to you or I can mail them to you in a greeting card if you prefer the actual tickets and not a printed version. I like in the suburbs so unless you live around the Mokena area, I can't make trips out due to my schedule.

I need a new signature.

#3937 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

Where is the tap room located at and is their a cover charge?

Date for the discussed Lesnar fight is this Saturday from 9-12. I plan on watching it no matter what either at a friends house, or possibly if something materializes here.

http://www.yelp.com/...ap-room-chicago

They don't have a cover, but they do raise the drink prices a bit for the fights.

#3938 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

That's not too bad then. I've seen a few repairs go into the $150 range.

Sony wants $180. Fuck that shit.

#3939 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

We should go here for a Chicago cag funday.

www.thrillist.com/links/172915

#3940 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

Ummmmm. Hell, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3941 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

^ Heh. That Reader article on it says they only do a show or two a year. Speaking of sexploitation, I've been meaning to catch a Windy City Rollers match for years now.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#3942 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

Ummmmm. Hell, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Heh. That Reader article on it says they only do a show or two a year. Speaking of sexploitation, I've been meaning to catch a Windy City Rollers match for years now.

I didn't know mudqueens still existed! I thought they disbanded in 2007? Good to see they are back!

Looks like I am in some of the pics too, but I am obstructed. ;)

#3943 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:53 AM

http://www.facebook....79520182&ref=mf

If anyone is interested. I think I'll be watching UFC 121 but I do kinda want to attend this too.

#3944 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

If anyone is interested, portage theater will be showing a double feature of army of darkness and the thing on Wednesday of this
week. I will be going so if interested let me know we can meet up.

http://www.portagetheater.org

#3945 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

If anyone is interested, portage theater will be showing a double feature of army of darkness and the thing on Wednesday of this
week. I will be going so if interested let me know we can meet up.

http://www.portagetheater.org

Thanks, I'm 50/50 going, gotta see what's up with my sister, I'll PM you if I'm for sure.

Hit up Galloping Ghost again. I've got too much time on my hands I guess. Plus wanted to let my brother check it out. A friend of mine who came with broke the house record in Street Fighter II turbo and got his name posted above the machine. LOL, I knew he just had to have it. Don't remember if they had it the first time we all went, but they've got cards posted on every single machine with house record/world record. Surprised to see that quite a few world records have fallen at this very arcade already. Talked to Doc again. He apologized for not coming on CAG but I can understand, cause the guy's busy as hell. I told him we're interested in making another meet-up there sometime, but we don't have a date planned yet. He said the $5 off admission still stands for us. Also said to let him know if we want to plan any private tournaments for our group as well, or book any of the private rooms. As far as new games running, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Arctic Thunder 2 player link, Guilty Gear XX, Need for Speed Underground, and probably a few spot others. Said he got 7 new monitors in, so the priorities to fix soon will be NBA Jam and the Killer Instinct games. Sounds good to me. Let me know guys, I'm ready to do this again.

#3946 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:00 AM

It's good to see the high scores sticking. I remember Doc said something about them having to reset the scores every night because they couldn't keep the machines on or something. I can't remember exactly.

#3947 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:05 PM

Fight the wind today, it's bad. My house has no power now.

#3948 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

I need to buy a hat. Damn wind! :D

#3949 Ghostlord

Ghostlord

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

Hey Everyone

I again hope to be on here more...just been really busy trying to get everything up and running still at the Galloping Ghost Arcade. We still do have to shut the machines off at night which loses some scores. I'm going to try to add battery packs to some games, so the scores will be retained, but that won't be for a little bit still. We do have all the high score cards on the machines, that we update daily.
We hope you all do come back soon, it was a lot fun last time you were out. Let me know a little bit in advance and I can set up some extra cool stuff for you guys. And definitely let me know if you guys have any suggestions...tournaments, specific arcade games ready or anything.

Thanks

Doc

Galloping Ghost Arcade

It's good to see the high scores sticking. I remember Doc said something about them having to reset the scores every night because they couldn't keep the machines on or something. I can't remember exactly.

#3950 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

Hey Doc,

Is the list of games pretty up to date on your site? Just want to check the status of the Time Soldiers and Heavy Barrel machines.

Hope to make it back out there soon!

#3951 Ghostlord

Ghostlord

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

Yes, the Game List was actually just updated yesterday. Heavy Barrel is up and running...Time Soldiers I have not gotten to that one yet. (Sorry)

#3952 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:50 AM

http://www.ticketmas...1&minorcatid=52

Never been to this but it looks kinda cool. Just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. Still, might check it out if anyone is interested.

#3953 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Mrosnwo, it was cool seeing you again at the movies. I never been to video games live show but I just ordered the bluray version for 15 at amazon. If I like it I will plan on attending a future show.

#3954 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

Mrosnwo, it was cool seeing you again at the movies. I never been to video games live show but I just ordered the bluray version for 15 at amazon. If I like it I will plan on attending a future show.

I watched the New Orleans show when it was featured on PBS a couple months ago. Liked the game music I recognized, but there was a lot less game video up on the monitors that I was interested in compared to the Final Fantasy show that rolled into town years back (save some trailers for StarCraft II & Halo?). The Mario & Zelda segments were probably the most iconic and well realized of the prepared audio + video combos... and the most nostalgic. Coulda used more Castlevania remix (and Streets of Rage techno?), but I guess that's what bands jamming on YouTube are for. In a similar vein, I would like to have seen the Star Wars video concert in person, but I'm not sure I would want to pay the hefty fee to attend.

#3955 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

I just wanna throw the date Saturday November 27 out there for a possible next meet-up/swap. 2 days after Thanksgiving, the day after Black Friday. Galloping Ghost or wherever else anyone wants to throw out there. Just getting a feeling for people's availability. I just think that or the week after could be good for trading coming off all the sales.

#3956 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

Sennheiser - Professional DJ styled - Noise Canceling, Closed Headphones (HD 280 PRO)<---SOLD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping to finally make the next CAG meet up after missing the last few due to trips out of town. 11/27 would work for me. I need to clear out some games/PC components before my (expected) BF online orders arrive. I don't want to bring everything, but I can set up a list prior to the get together so I know what to bring.

I realize this is a bit north (and not Video Game related), but Bat 17 (http://www.bat17evanston.com/) tends to be a laid back place, with great food, liquor (and free coffee), and without an age restriction. It is also one block away from a CTA stop and two blocks away from a Metra stop.

Edited by 52club, 04 November 2010 - 10:59 AM.

Space for Rent:lol:

#3957 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

I am fairly broke but would be willing to trade for those headphones. Anything in particular that you would be interested in?

(I am in Lisle so I say that is local enough haha)

#3958 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:09 PM

http://www.ticketmas...1&minorcatid=52

Never been to this but it looks kinda cool. Just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. Still, might check it out if anyone is interested.

Ive been to video games live twice and its amazing.

Unfortunately i cant make it to the galloping ghost unless its a sunday. Fridays and Saturdays i work late =\
Posted Image

#3959 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:11 AM

Can anyone come over to my house (Skokie) and do some Tekken 6 or Street Fighter 4 trophies for me? THis is really pissing me off and I'd really appreciate it, I WILL PAY YOU FOR EACH COMPLETED TROPHY (except the Platinum lol)

#3960 c!ty

c!ty

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

Hey, C!ty, do you still have the Halo 3: Legendary Edition Helmet with stand?...:bouncy:

Hmm, the Explorer and Les Paul guitar controllers are for what console?...

Yeah, I do. I still haven't tossed it yet.
Posted Image