Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5328 replies to this topic

#4021 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:09 AM

Man I wish I still knew the KI moves. It uses a Street Fighter pattern doesn't it? If the weather holds out, I will try to make it.

Practice on the KI2 machine before hand. It has the regular super moves(non-ultras and finishes) printed on the cabinet, and most of the fighters shared the same moves from game to game. It does use most of the SF moves. I hadn't played it in 10 years myself until I went to the arcade last time, but after a game or two, I was able to land some 6-7 hit combos easy. I guess that's small by KI standards, but it was still effective. What's the worst that happens by entering? You lose? So what, you expect to. I'm pondering entering both if I can make it, just to do it, and you never know, maybe I'll get lucky(more likely on SF4).

#4022 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

Practice on the KI2 machine before hand. It has the regular super moves(non-ultras and finishes) printed on the cabinet, and most of the fighters shared the same moves from game to game. It does use most of the SF moves. I hadn't played it in 10 years myself until I went to the arcade last time, but after a game or two, I was able to land some 6-7 hit combos easy. I guess that's small by KI standards, but it was still effective. What's the worst that happens by entering? You lose? So what, you expect to. I'm pondering entering both if I can make it, just to do it, and you never know, maybe I'll get lucky(more likely on SF4).

I'm more worried about the roads! Hopefully we will not get any snow. Do they charge for the tournaments? Have you been getting the $10 cag rate or has Doc been charging you full price?

#4023 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:20 AM

Yeah I know I am double posting, but in case you guys did not see it:

Best Buy Bonus $10/$20 certificate for Christmas to Reward Zone Members (YMMV)

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=281749

Long story short if you rarely use your reward zone account you may have a $10 or $20 certificate that is good until 12/25.

My Mom has only bought penny guides and she had $20 in her account.

#4024 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:46 AM

I've been paying $15 but Doc knows me when I walk in the door now. He shook my hand when I entered to greet me, and even made a point to come and find me to say he was leaving early last time. I've friended him on facebook as well, and I said I'd let him know if we got a good group together. He says the $10 thing will be in effect if we had a group, and he wanted to devise a way for us to all get permanent $10 but he has to work it thru his partner and he doesn't know how to enforce it quite yet. In a way I don't mind paying, to help support the place, because these guys are really truly good, and go out of their way to give me the best experience possible when I go.

The tournaments are all free. I was there for an MKII tournament on the 190N taping night, and it was free, and this one is advertised as free on their facebook page as well. Really laid back and friendly as well. There were some good players there, but not cocky assholes who talked alot of crap. There were some very very noobish players in it, but they still made it fun for them to enter.

Finally, on the Best Buy thing, that shit sucks. I've been a premier silver since 2008, and I'm good till Feb 2012 on it too, and I haven't received any free cert. I shop there a few times a month, and get all my big purchases there, usually like 1 thing a year that puts me over the top to qualify(thanks to the credit card/no financing for 3 years deals), and I get nothing from this. Shame on them.

#4025 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

Long story short if you rarely use your reward zone account you may have a $10 or $20 certificate that is good until 12/25.

Holy crap, thanks man. I would've missed this otherwise. :)
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4026 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

Is anyone else planning on going to Galloping Ghost tomorrow?

#4027 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

I'm leaning towards going tomorrow. If there's enough, I(or someone) could let Doc know so we can get discounted. Just need a headcount and a timeframe. I could always grab a handful of games I've gotten cheap and haven't opened for trades, but it's a little slim right now.

#4028 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

Is anyone else planning on going to Galloping Ghost tomorrow?

I'm leaning towards going tomorrow. If there's enough, I(or someone) could let Doc know so we can get discounted. Just need a headcount and a timeframe. I could always grab a handful of games I've gotten cheap and haven't opened for trades, but it's a little slim right now.

You guys can add me to the list. (I probably won't bring any trade items though.)

#4029 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

I 'll see. I gotta finish Christmas shopping.

#4030 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

I'll probably be the the arcade about 3 PM (assuming I don't get lost or make too many stops).

#4031 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:25 AM

Shieryda and slowdive, great seeing you guys again, had a blast. Next time those Killer Instinct tournament players won't be able to handle us! For all you guys who haven't made the trip to Galloping Ghost yet, what are you waiting for? This place is pure gaming heaven. A real gold mine of gaming history all the way to the present.

#4032 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:47 AM

I'll try to make it next time you guys go. I couldn't manage it this time because I'm finishing up my finals.

#4033 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:37 AM

Shieryda and slowdive, great seeing you guys again, had a blast. Next time those Killer Instinct tournament players won't be able to handle us! For all you guys who haven't made the trip to Galloping Ghost yet, what are you waiting for? This place is pure gaming heaven. A real gold mine of gaming history all the way to the present.

Good times were had by all. I got my ass handed to me in the Tournament, but I did manage to beat everyone after the tournament ended (except for one guy that left and the guy who won the tournament).

Mrosnwo got a tough matchup against the second place winner/Arcade employee.

Next time we will have to study the combos ahead of time like everyone else! I can't wait to bust out the 82 hit Sabrewulf Ultra Combo.

I really think the tournaments should have a random character selection, so it evens the playing field a little more.

#4034 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

Happy Christmas to me! Thanks a lot for this! I would have had no idea. You the man, homey.

#4035 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

Damn, craptaular outside now.

#4036 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:06 AM

Die, snow, die!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4037 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:00 AM

3am and just finished celebrating a Bears division championship. Completely makes up for the crappy weather conditions. Hell yeah!!! \\:D/

#4038 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:14 AM

Yea the Bears have really turned it around since the bye. We can play against anyone in the NFC right now.

I need a new signature.

#4039 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

Yea the Bears have really turned it around since the bye. We can play against anyone in the NFC right now.

And lose. :D

#4040 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

I'm going to predict that the Bears will go to the Superbowl.....and promptly lose the AFC team, like their last trip to the Superbowl. Still, GO BEARS!

#4041 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

Merry Christmas guys! :D

#4042 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:34 AM

To you too!! And to all here!!

#4043 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

Merry Christmas to all you guys in this thread. I've been on CAG for a couple of years now but never really explored it too much outside the main deals and DVD sections. Then I happened upon someone mentioning this thread in another thread, and it turned into the best thing on this site. I met a good bunch of you guys at the meet-up back in September, and have run into quite a few of you guys since then as well. It was not only nice to know that others in the area share my same hobby/passion for games(and cheap ones at that!), but they were also really great guys and fun to hang around with. Some I would even call friends. I hope that the last few months were just the beginning and we can make 2011 even better when it comes to CAG related events, or even non-CAG related events. We are all lucky to be in or around such a great city with so much to do. Now, to bed with me, before Santa shows up, but not before I drink my ovaltine(God like 15 more hours of this movie on TBS).

#4044 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

Merry Christmas to all you guys in this thread. I've been on CAG for a couple of years now but never really explored it too much outside the main deals and DVD sections. Then I happened upon someone mentioning this thread in another thread, and it turned into the best thing on this site. I met a good bunch of you guys at the meet-up back in September, and have run into quite a few of you guys since then as well. It was not only nice to know that others in the area share my same hobby/passion for games(and cheap ones at that!), but they were also really great guys and fun to hang around with. Some I would even call friends. I hope that the last few months were just the beginning and we can make 2011 even better when it comes to CAG related events, or even non-CAG related events. We are all lucky to be in or around such a great city with so much to do. Now, to bed with me, before Santa shows up, but not before I drink my ovaltine(God like 15 more hours of this movie on TBS).

Yup, yup... Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! (Oh, and sweet dreams, CAGs -- I just watched Inception. 8-))

#4045 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

Peace on earth, and goodwill towards all men, except Illinois politicians.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4046 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

Felix Navidad!!

#4047 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

Merry X-mas everyone!

#4048 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

Merry Christmas. Everyone be safe and enjoy the day (or rather night now)
Posted Image

#4049 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:52 AM

Tomorrow 12/31 will be the last day to get discounted tickets for C2E2.

If you are student the discount code "STU5" should save you another $5, but they say be prepared to show your student ID. That code is from last year, so I am not sure if it will work or not as I am not a student and I bought my Tix from a comic store last year.

#4050 nsandila

nsandila

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:42 AM

Tomorrow 12/31 will be the last day to get discounted tickets for C2E2.

If you are student the discount code "STU5" should save you another $5, but they say be prepared to show your student ID. That code is from last year, so I am not sure if it will work or not as I am not a student and I bought my Tix from a comic store last year.

Thanks for the headsup.