Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5320 replies to this topic

#5011 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

Merry Christmas Chicago CAGs! Too bad it wasn't a white Christmas.

#5012 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Merry belated Xmas everyone! Hope you all got plenty of gaming gifts!

Merry Christmas Chicago CAGs! Too bad it wasn't a white Christmas.

It was here in Wrigleyville! :)

#5013 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Happy Holidays!

Slightly late notice but if anyone is in the market for a CRT/older TV Goodwill is having a crazy sale:

All TVs, any size = 99¢ 12/26-1/2!

I picked up a nice CRT for my bedroom and a 60 inch DLP at Goodwill not too long ago so you might be able to find something good!
Posted Image

#5014 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Happy Holidays!

Slightly late notice but if anyone is in the market for a CRT/older TV Goodwill is having a crazy sale:

All TVs, any size = 99¢ 12/26-1/2!

I picked up a nice CRT for my bedroom and a 60 inch DLP at Goodwill not too long ago so you might be able to find something good!

Might have to look into that. Moving into a new place in a few weeks, and could use a new TV for my older systems.

#5015 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Question for you guys. The black ops ps3 bundle is just a 160gb with the new release of the game right?

http://www.amazon.co...black ops 160gb

I threw my Brand New bundle up there 6 months ago and it sold today for $499. Should I be happy as I paid $225 (when Target had that $100 GC deal last year, or should I cancel the transaction and jack up my price to match everyone else?

#5016 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

4. Profit!
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5017 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

It's a little doubtful. that you'll get $700. (DAMN!!) You've got profit now.

#5018 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

I'd just be happy you made a couple hundred off the thing, considering hardware prices usually plunge, especially those without any special paint jobs. I can't believe they're marked up that high, that's insane. Is it cause everyone hates the new diet slim, or what? I can see the backwards compatible fats selling at a premium, even with the death rate, but not these things. What gives?

#5019 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Anyone know a spot in the city that still has copies of the Amazing Spiderman #700 in stock?

#5020 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Anyone know a spot in the city that still has copies of the Amazing Spiderman #700 in stock?

Dunno about physical print, but the HD version on Comixology ain't bad. $7.99 plus tax is a bit steep, though.

#5021 greyzieoriental

greyzieoriental

is your Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

I check this thread every once in a while. Just wondering if anyone is in the North Shore Area of Chicagoland, maybe we can play some games or something. I stay in Glenview but work downtown pretty close to the Chicago theater. Kind of bummed I didnt get to see the Zelda Orchestra thing.

#5022 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Dunno about physical print, but the HD version on Comixology ain't bad. $7.99 plus tax is a bit steep, though.

I'm looking for the print version. I haven't gotten into the digital comics yet. Thanks for the tip though. Might end up downloading it if I can't find a copy.

#5023 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Looks like the Bears wont be going to the playoffs :cry:
Posted Image

#5024 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Looks like the Bears wont be going to the playoffs :cry:

So, they can lose to the Packers, again?...;)
Rise from your grave...

#5025 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Happy New Year Chicago CAGS!

#5026 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Sorry for no link, but I got an email from groupon for an all day pass to Gameworks for $20(from $45). Says its available for 3 days, if anyone is interested.

#5027 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Sorry for no link, but I got an email from groupon for an all day pass to Gameworks for $20(from $45). Says its available for 3 days, if anyone is interested.

I've been wanting to go for a while, its been years since I've gone. Way back when we used to skip class and go play... fond memories of my youth.

#5028 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Saw an e-mail for it, so here's an affiliate-less link:

www.groupon.com/deals/game-works-chicago-1

Looks like you've got until the end of Wednesday night (or while "limited" supplies last) to get in on this. I'll probably pass myself.

#5029 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

It's been awhile since I have been at gameworks. Good deal I think.

#5030 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I called Aw Yeah Comics in Skokie and he said they ran out but there's a second print coming in a week or two. I asked him what's the difference, and said it's a different character.

NighT_Ryder31.png

#5031 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'm looking to trade Modern Warfare 3 for Street Fighter IV, if anyone has it. Damn platinums!

NighT_Ryder31.png

#5032 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I called Aw Yeah Comics in Skokie and he said they ran out but there's a second print coming in a week or two. I asked him what's the difference, and said it's a different character.

Most people only want the 1st print.

#5033 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

I still have a download code for the God of War games on PS3. I also have a sealed copy of Armored Core 5 and Ninja Gaiden 3 for the 360. Make a cash offer on these. I need some extra money and I'm open to decent offers.

#5034 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Blockbuster at Irving Park and Kilpatrick is closing. Wondered how it has taken this long, but it is still sad.

I love how the sign out front says "Store closing. This location only!". Uh, this is the last location left in the city!

PS- the games are at 20% off.

#5035 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Blockbuster at Irving Park and Kilpatrick is closing. Wondered how it has taken this long, but it is still sad.

I love how the sign out front says "Store closing. This location only!". Uh, this is the last location left in the city!

PS- the games are at 20% off.

Damn, I had no idea there were any left. I just noticed the one at Village Crossing in Niles (Wal*Mart) was replaced.

So that dude who got poisoned after winning the lottery and claiming his prize? Dude bought his ticket at my old neighborhood 7-11 gas station on Western and Pratt. Did a double-take when I saw a news story about it on a British web site.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#5036 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Damn, I had no idea there were any left. I just noticed the one at Village Crossing in Niles (Wal*Mart) was replaced.

So that dude who got poisoned after winning the lottery and claiming his prize? Dude bought his ticket at my old neighborhood 7-11 gas station on Western and Pratt. Did a double-take when I saw a news story about it on a British web site.

And they just figured it out how he really died now. It is a messed up story. Mid 40's with no health problems and he dies right after picking up the check? Someone hasn't been doing their homework.

#5037 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Galloping Ghost is holding a video game swap meet on feb 2. Regular arcade admission lets you scope out the merch, held in their private gaming rooms, and bring your own stuff to sell/trade. Plus you get to stay and game all day on the floor. 3 different time frames throughout the day in case you can only show during a certain time. I'd like to think we originated this at their place. ;)

#5038 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Galloping Ghost is holding a video game swap meet on feb 2. Regular arcade admission lets you scope out the merch, held in their private gaming rooms, and bring your own stuff to sell/trade. Plus you get to stay and game all day on the floor. 3 different time frames throughout the day in case you can only show during a certain time. I'd like to think we originated this at their place. ;)

That sounds interesting. You are right we probably gave them the idea. :)

#5039 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Verrrry interesting...I'd be down for a CAGdown again.

#5040 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

This sounds pretty cool. I bet us CAGs have a lot of crap we could sell there. Any of you guys going to go?