Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5320 replies to this topic

#991 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:20 AM

Did anyone try to preorder gow and get the xbox live points at best buy for a total of $11?

Not yet but I'm going to try tomorrow. I'll be happy if I can get two point cards.

#992 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:13 AM

depending on their allocation i'm going to be camping saturday night for a PS3 preorder sunday morning at the TRU on Western/Roscoe. anyone else camping?

Hey this thread is for Chicagoans only - get back to the Republic of California where you belong.

I was planning on just getting up at 5am for this but thinking about it, it might be worth it to camp out since this is the only TRU left that's actually in Chicago and the weather has got the be better this weekend than mid-late November. The only hitch I see is TRU's allotment and how they'll handle things (if you're first to pre-order, does that mean they'll hold the first PS3 for you on launch day or do you have to line up again so you're not stuck with a 20gb model?)

Anyway, shoot me a PM or reply here to let us know how many people would be up for this.
Posted Image

#993 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:22 AM

Not yet but I'm going to try tomorrow. I'll be happy if I can get two point cards.

Here's an update for Chicagoans trying to get the GOW preorder/$5 points -

North/Sheffield and Elston/Webster are both out of the GOW preorder packs
while Clark St has plenty of them but is out of the points cards. Better off in the 'burbs I guess but if need be, you can also buy some points at N/S or E/W, do a return at Clark St and buy them back along with GOW.

Anyone know the score at either the Evanston store or the one on Touhy just west of the Edens (is that Niles or Skokie?)
Posted Image

#994 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

The golf mill best buy has a bunch of gow preorder available and the harlem and irving bb did not have any live points available. but a few gow preorders.

Also, anyone interested in some toys (spawn, marvel, transformers)

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=101639

#995 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:43 PM

Hey this thread is for Chicagoans only - get back to the Republic of California where you belong.

I was planning on just getting up at 5am for this but thinking about it, it might be worth it to camp out since this is the only TRU left that's actually in Chicago and the weather has got the be better this weekend than mid-late November. The only hitch I see is TRU's allotment and how they'll handle things (if you're first to pre-order, does that mean they'll hold the first PS3 for you on launch day or do you have to line up again so you're not stuck with a 20gb model?)

Anyway, shoot me a PM or reply here to let us know how many people would be up for this.

i'll probably show up at like 2. there's a slight chance i may not make it, but if i can i'll be there as early as possible. hopefully see you there john.

#996 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:59 AM

The BB in Franklin Park was fully loaded with MS point cards and GOW pre-order packs. They also had FEAR pre-orders as well.

#997 hopesfall

hopesfall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:45 AM

Has anyone been able to track down Phantasy Star Universe on the 360 at any TRU's in the area? A guy at the one in Orland Park told me it wasn't out ("It is STILL in beta; won't be out for a while!" he said...), but then I walked over to BB and they had it in stock. Very confusing.

#998 rocksolidaudio

rocksolidaudio

Who rocks the party

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

ABORT ABORT TRU waiting. just went by at 3:45, there were already 7 people waiting. i can't imagine they weren't there for PS3 (sorry Wii and TMX Elmo), and i doubt the store will get more than 10. i may swing by there around midnight just to check, but not planning on even having a remote shot at getting one.

#999 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:41 AM

ABORT ABORT TRU waiting. just went by at 3:45, there were already 7 people waiting. i can't imagine they weren't there for PS3 (sorry Wii and TMX Elmo), and i doubt the store will get more than 10. i may swing by there around midnight just to check, but not planning on even having a remote shot at getting one.

Second that - went by after work to get in on the last day of the B2G1 sale and all the PS3's are already spoken for by people camped out in line (the clerk inside said they are only doing 8 pre-orders.)

Damn - looks like a long night out in front of Best Buy for me.
Posted Image

#1000 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

Sweet 1000 post.

Thanks for making the Chicago Thread tops.

#1001 ericbee99

ericbee99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:47 PM

1000th reply. Wheeee.

Anyhoo, Chicagoans...with the news that Best Buy may be getting a whole heap of Wii...is anyone still going to camp for these things come November 19th? I'm thinking of rolling out to BB around 5am or so (Bolingbrook, IL store).

Anyone else?
"I want the extra dookie-dookie system, man."

#1002 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:35 AM

1000th reply. Wheeee.

Anyhoo, Chicagoans...with the news that Best Buy may be getting a whole heap of Wii...is anyone still going to camp for these things come November 19th? I'm thinking of rolling out to BB around 5am or so (Bolingbrook, IL store).

Anyone else?

Nah, I will try and get one once I get off work at 1pm and if that doesn't work then oh well. Only thing I plan on camping for is the ps3 but I am thinking I might have to wait about 48 straight hours if I wanna get myself one of those.

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#1003 Joon2324

Joon2324

$$$$ing Cagtastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:08 PM

I'll probably be ps3 camping. not sure where yet. any thoughts?

#1004 Esoul

Esoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:01 AM

If you haven't heard yet, 1up reported that the Best Buy store in Butterfield RD, IL will be having a midnight PS3 launch. That is the only Illinois store (according to them) that will be having a midnight launch. I am still debating whether to go there or camp out in front of Target/Costco for one. Anyone else planning a PS3/Wii campout?

#1005 Joon2324

Joon2324

$$$$ing Cagtastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:50 PM

If you haven't heard yet, 1up reported that the Best Buy store in Butterfield RD, IL will be having a midnight PS3 launch. That is the only Illinois store (according to them) that will be having a midnight launch. I am still debating whether to go there or camp out in front of Target/Costco for one. Anyone else planning a PS3/Wii campout?

In that case I might head up to Libertyville or wherever that is. The campout for that store will probably start wicked early tho. Can anyone verify this?

#1006 darkcloudinc

darkcloudinc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:31 PM

Sup everyone, I'm from chicago and usually just lurk around the forum, but i'd liek to start contributing a lil more. I wouldve added a few import shops, but it seems that the only 2 i knew of, cyberzone games (near arlington heights) and highscore (around beverly in southside), have both closed down. There was a pretty awesome store on Harlem by the HIP that sells lots of older games, but i forgot the name.

anyone know of any import shops around? I hate having to order online all the time. Anyways, keep the peace.

Taking from your name, you're looking for a japanese import shop. I believe there is an import shot on belmont and clark that moved from the mitsuwa mall a year or two ago. They have imports that is infered but not said so you'll have to ask.

When they were at Mitsuwa, my now ex used to request a lot of specialty orders directly from japan from them.

#1007 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:36 PM

Taking from your name, you're looking for a japanese import shop. I believe there is an import shot on belmont and clark that moved from the mitsuwa mall a year or two ago. They have imports that is infered but not said so you'll have to ask.

When they were at Mitsuwa, my now ex used to request a lot of specialty orders directly from japan from them.

I'm pretty sure that import shop on Clark (north of Belmont) closed down (j1toy.com) and they only have the Arlington Heights store open now. Unless there's another one in the area I missed.
Posted Image

#1008 Giygas

Giygas

UniversalCosmicDestroyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:25 AM

nice. i might camp for a wii out at the bestbuy in evanston.

I might be there too, or possibly the one in Skokie.

#1009 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:25 AM

In that case I might head up to Libertyville or wherever that is. The campout for that store will probably start wicked early tho. Can anyone verify this?

Its always nuts at the store on butterfield. It is one of the best selling Best Buys around here. I am going to try and camp there, but if the line is massive, I know exactly where I am going to be camping :)

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#1010 darkcloudinc

darkcloudinc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that import shop on Clark (north of Belmont) closed down (j1toy.com) and they only have the Arlington Heights store open now. Unless there's another one in the area I missed.

I believe they're still alive. I passed by their store last saturday and they had stuff still in there.

#1011 Joon2324

Joon2324

$$$$ing Cagtastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

Its always nuts at the store on butterfield. It is one of the best selling Best Buys around here. I am going to try and camp there, but if the line is massive, I know exactly where I am going to be camping :)

Turns out its the other butterfield in Downer's Grove. What time are you thinking about going out there? I'm guessing it'll have to be on wednesday, maybe in the afternoon.

#1012 darkrage

darkrage

Sucker State CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:43 AM

I believe they're still alive. I passed by their store last saturday and they had stuff still in there.

No, I live right there. Its gone and in its place is a trixie accessory shop now.
Posted Image

#1013 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:15 AM

So who's going to schaumberg? Any collaboration going on?

#1014 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

I was at the CC store in Skokie/Niles getting the new Transformers dvd and I noticed a Circuit city item book, it contains coupons on certain games (like Gears of war $5 off).

So whos getting a ps3, wii, or both?

I will be getting a Wii but until Christmas (thats what my wife said she will get me).

#1015 purduealum91

purduealum91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:00 PM

I plan on going to the CC in Schaumburg. Anyone else?

#1016 Firefox90

Firefox90

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

I have been compiling a list in the CC deal thread but I will start bouncing back and forth between the two.

Here is the list of guys from that thread going. I figured we could group up if everyone agrees. (Schaumberg)

1) Firefox90
2) tnote827
3) nikkai
4) zmonkay
5) fatboyinside
6) prepster
7) BGPu
8) Stry-ker
9) purduealum91
10) romeogbs19

#1017 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:57 PM

K, for me bad news, I have to do some work with patients, then take an exam before I head up. I seriously don't think I'll be there till 3pm.

What do you think? Can people save a spot, or would that piss everyone off really really badly?

#1018 Firefox90

Firefox90

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:37 AM

Yeah that is why I am thinking if us CAGers can kind of band together. Maybe if we bring extra chairs, people will see them and assume we have a buddy coming or something. Any ideas anyone?

#1019 rjarmstrong100

rjarmstrong100

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:59 AM

You could very well bring numerous lawn chairs and camp out, and rotate people from the group in and out for bathroom breaks, wife aggro, work, getting food for the group, whatever. I've seen it done many times before. So you could probably get away with bringing extra chairs to make it look like those people were previously there.

#1020 hopesfall

hopesfall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:32 AM

You could very well bring numerous lawn chairs and camp out, and rotate people from the group in and out for bathroom breaks, wife aggro, work, getting food for the group, whatever. I've seen it done many times before. So you could probably get away with bringing extra chairs to make it look like those people were previously there.

Wife aggro - what a wonderful new term to add to my vocabulary. :D