Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5296 replies to this topic

#1621 Jonny Polychronopoulos

Jonny Polychronopoulos

Heartless Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:28 PM

Also, the park ridge hollywood video has 80% off games theirs some decent ps2, xbox, and gamecube games.

I picked up about 20 movies for around $50 now that some things are even 90% off and everything must go, definitely had to check the quality of the discs as its all previously viewed. There's only 3 days left but still quite a few good movies left and around 50 games, nothing really stands out- I should have bought the good stuff at 50% off- I held out too long and missed out on Call of Cthullu and Bully for $10 each. Dammit.

I'm at Touhy/Northwest Hwy as well.
You have such potential. gt: thetinwoodsman
Currently Live: Halo 3, Gears of War, Orange Box, Rock Band
PS2 Online: Monster Hunter, SOCOM 2

#1622 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

I picked up about 20 movies for around $50 now that some things are even 90% off and everything must go, definitely had to check the quality of the discs as its all previously viewed. There's only 3 days left but still quite a few good movies left and around 50 games, nothing really stands out- I should have bought the good stuff at 50% off- I held out too long and missed out on Call of Cthullu and Bully for $10 each. Dammit.

I'm at Touhy/Northwest Hwy as well.

Heh, I got the Call of Cthullu. I also picked up predator, leisure suit larry, and few dvds.

I went again and they had yakusa for $2 not bad. Also did you get any ecw dvd's?

#1623 Jonny Polychronopoulos

Jonny Polychronopoulos

Heartless Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

Its a fairly rare game I think, rather buggy though, just something I thought I'd give a shot to see if I could tolerate, it likely would have just ended up wasting away in my massive backlog another couple of years.

I don't know what ecw is? Wrestling I guess. Wasn't interested, it seemed like they kepy mostly just Horror stuff around. I bought up a good chunk of the foreign/obscure emo type movies- that's my cup of tea.

I got Full Spectrum Warrior Ten Hammers for $3, I liked the first, hopefully the Coop is just as good this time around. I put back Gun and Zelda because they were rather scratched up, I imagine half the stuff in the store is unplayable.
You have such potential. gt: thetinwoodsman
Currently Live: Halo 3, Gears of War, Orange Box, Rock Band
PS2 Online: Monster Hunter, SOCOM 2

#1624 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:34 AM

Don't know if it has been posted anywhere else, but the brick and mortar Costcos should be getting the Rock Band bundle. $159.99 Nice for those that didn't pre-order (me).

#1625 arthurtracy

arthurtracy

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

Just to let everyone know, there are still a lot of preorder slips for Super Mario Galaxy at the Toys R Us in Schaumberg (on Golf Road). I was there this morning and there were at least 30 available.
A good place to pick it up to make sure you get in on the $25 gift card deal!

#1626 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

Just to let everyone know, there are still a lot of preorder slips for Super Mario Galaxy at the Toys R Us in Schaumberg (on Golf Road). I was there this morning and there were at least 30 available.
A good place to pick it up to make sure you get in on the $25 gift card deal!

Thanks.

#1627 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:01 PM

Don't know if it has been posted anywhere else, but the brick and mortar Costcos should be getting the Rock Band bundle. $159.99 Nice for those that didn't pre-order (me).

Nice. Thanks for the info!

#1628 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:26 AM

Did anyone get in on the CoD4 deal at CC?

Fullterton/Harlem had CoD4, but no CoD3.

Skokie had no CoD4.

Berwyn had neither game.

#1629 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:16 AM

I was at the CC on Touhy Tuesday at around 2:15 pm. I was told they got CoD4 in at around 1 pm and sold out shortly afterwards. They didn't have both games. I may go to another one, either the one on North Ave or the one on Elston Ave tomorrow and see if they have any (I seriously doubt it). Anyone know if they'll give out a raincheck, or let the games be special ordered?

#1630 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:08 PM

I was at the CC on Touhy Tuesday at around 2:15 pm. I was told they got CoD4 in at around 1 pm and sold out shortly afterwards. They didn't have both games. I may go to another one, either the one on North Ave or the one on Elston Ave tomorrow and see if they have any (I seriously doubt it). Anyone know if they'll give out a raincheck, or let the games be special ordered?

I got a manager to put a note on my receipt for CoD4 that I could come in later and buy CoD3 for a penny.

#1631 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:20 AM

Has anyone been able to locate virtua fighter 5 360 at any circuit city?

I price matched it best buy. I hate cc.

#1632 yodawgyo

yodawgyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:36 AM

Will it be on sale the 20th? Haven't bought a game at costco on release date and was wondering if I'd have to wait an extra week or something before they get it

#1633 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:55 PM

Will it be on sale the 20th? Haven't bought a game at costco on release date and was wondering if I'd have to wait an extra week or something before they get it

The last big titles (Halo 3, Madden 08) that were scheduled to be released on a weekday have came in on-time. Since this is supposed to come in on Tuesday, I expect it to be on-time, also.

#1634 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:05 AM

Downer's Grove BB still has 14 of those Sex Pistols faceplates, if anyone wants one.

#1635 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:09 PM

Would someone be able to pick me up a mario galaxy w/gift card from tru? I'm going on vacation and I'm not sure where a tru is at on Miami and if I do decide to go to one, my wife would let me have it.

Thanks if anyone can.

#1636 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:59 AM

Has anyone seen Grim Grimoire at any area BB's? I hear it is clearenced and would really like to pick it up cheap.

#1637 cancrman

cancrman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hey I was just at the Target in the Brickyard Mall (Diversey and Nagasarrant (?)) and they had three Wii systems left in stock. This was as of 11am on 11/10/07. This Target is pretty dead so you might still have a chance to nab one if you move fast.
Visit tehblogs.tumblr.com for The Best of the Intenets

#1638 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:31 AM

Has anyone seen Grim Grimoire at any area BB's? I hear it is clearenced and would really like to pick it up cheap.

What is the clearance price?

#1639 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:40 AM

What is the clearance price?

I am told $20.

#1640 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:32 AM

Has anyone tried using a printed 20% off coupon at any KMarts? i want to pick up a PS3 game this week and getting some money off would be great. Can anyone confirm a printed coupon at any Chicago Kmart?

#1641 raikouhou

raikouhou

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:01 AM

Has anyone found any DDR Supernova or Taiko Drum Masters at any CHicagoland Circuit Citys?

#1642 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:34 PM

Has anyone found any DDR Supernova or Taiko Drum Masters at any CHicagoland Circuit Citys?

Why? Are they on clearance?

Has anyone tried using a printed 20% off coupon at any KMarts? i want to pick up a PS3 game this week and getting some money off would be great. Can anyone confirm a printed coupon at any Chicago Kmart?

I got denied at the one on Addison (not good on home electronics).

#1643 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:51 PM

I'm coming to Chicago for a few days. Are there any good local shops I should check out for used games/cd's besides the two mentioned in the OP?

#1644 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

I am told $20.

Hey I saw on at the melrose park bb and it ranged up $40.

Also, I was told that tru will stop taking preorders by later today for smg. So if your interested still call ahead.

#1645 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:19 PM

Hey I saw on at the melrose park bb and it ranged up $40.

Also, I was told that tru will stop taking preorders by later today for smg. So if your interested still call ahead.

Yes, apparently the $20 is VERY YMMV. :(

#1646 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:10 PM

I got denied at the one on Addison (not good on home electronics).

Damn that sucks. Hopefully at least one KM in the Chicago area takes it.

#1647 phreak5k

phreak5k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

Would someone be able to pick me up a mario galaxy w/gift card from tru? I'm going on vacation and I'm not sure where a tru is at on Miami and if I do decide to go to one, my wife would let me have it.

Thanks if anyone can.

Do you still need a copy? I can pick up another one tomorrow when I go get mine. I checked the toysrus store locator and there seems to be several in Miami.
Free 360 games link (Received several Guitar Hero 2s and Guitar Hero 3s, Crackdown, DiRT, The Darkness, Overlord, and DDR Universe bundle w/pad): http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=232342

My Gaminglagoon.com link(Received 2 free Wii Points cards and a black DS lite): -> http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=6222

Games in progress:
:360: Far Cry 2
:psp: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
:ps2: Shadow Hearts: From the New World

#1648 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:32 AM

Do you still need a copy? I can pick up another one tomorrow when I go get mine. I checked the toysrus store locator and there seems to be several in Miami.

Thanks but I'll try and get one in miami if not I'll get it in the 2 get 1 free promo at tru. I'll also try to pricematch it at best buy. Thanks I appreciate it and if you need assistance on a game I can help.

#1649 raikouhou

raikouhou

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:38 AM

Why? Are they on clearance?

yeah for $30

#1650 yoinksta

yoinksta

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

got an xbox 360 at the one on ashland and division by jewel the other day.