Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5326 replies to this topic

#1831 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

I can meet up between noon till six.

Yeah, mid-afternoon would be great. 3PM?

Who else is in?

#1832 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

I'm in for mid afternoon

#1833 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

Okay. So far we have:

slowdive
ryosnk
shieryda

Come on, guys. I know there are a least 3 or 4 more CAGs in Chicago...

We should have Cheapy mention it in the CAGcast...

#1834 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

Another smoking CL deal assuming it's legit

#1835 jm2u

jm2u

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:37 PM

Where in Logan Square? I'd be interested in meeting up for some drinks and/or general gaming discussion/guide trading. There's a nice bar (Dunlay's) right near the monument.

I'm over by Haas park/Fireside bowl. I haven't been over to Dunlay's yet. I'm going to have to get some more games together if this meet up happens. I have a fatty PS2 for sale too if anyone is interested.

#1836 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:26 AM

any chicago CAGS with a costco membership? the costco on clybourn has wii budget titles, and I'm interested in picking up Sonic and Secret Rings for $10.99 I've got a sam's club membership, so I have no need for a costco one...anyone willing to help me out??

I can help you out. I live in Wicker Park and go to Costco about once a week. I could meet you there. You need the card at check out though, so I'd have to check out with you.

Also can we start a new Chicago thread? This one's kind of deep and it be easier to organize a meetup.

#1837 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:30 AM

Also can we start a new Chicago thread? This one's kind of deep and it be easier to organize a meetup.

Seconded.

I pm'd Cheapy to ask if they'd mention it in the CAGcast. It may be too late, though. Next meet-up for sure.

#1838 Maynard

Maynard

Steam 48 hours a week.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:08 AM

I's iz from dee suburbz of chicago.

Wow that would suck if I actually talked like that. Anyway i'm from Geneva with is a suburb of chicago. You know one of those rich affluent white suburbs :) If I can get off work I would be down for a meetup.

Posted Image

#1839 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:41 PM

Meet-up details:

Saturday, April 5 (4/5/08)
3PM to whenever

Dunaly's on the Square
3137 W. Logan Blvd.

Bring your games and guides for trading!

#1840 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

Okay. So far we have:

slowdive
ryosnk
shieryda

Come on, guys. I know there are a least 3 or 4 more CAGs in Chicago...

We should have Cheapy mention it in the CAGcast...

I'm one of them, but I have class at that time. Also, I'm not much into trading, just buying and fattening up my backlog...

The only CAGs I've met in person were that one guy who had a blog and worked at a GS in Evanston and some random dude during a simultaneous BB clearance and GS +$$$ trade-in event a few years ago.

Ryo has talked about meeting at the Dave and Buster's in Schaumburg, which I could possibly make, if there's a next time.

Last thing, the Half Price books at Village Crossing in Skokie is a nifty place to find older games and guides for modest prices.

#1841 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

I'm taking requests for Odin Sphere, if anybody wants one from CC.

#1842 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

No cash ATM, but lemme know where you find copies at.

#1843 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:25 AM

If you can find some, let us know. I'd like to get my hands on a copy.

#1844 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:31 AM

Looks like a new comic shop is gonna open up in the city. On Western Ave south of Milwaukee Ave., just south from the Blue Line. "Challengers Comics + Conversation?" Big red signs in the windows.

Meet-up details:

Saturday, April 5
3PM to whenever

Dunaly's on the Square
3137 W. Logan Blvd.

Bring your games and guides for trading!

I've been to Dunlay's before. Nice bar. I wish I can go to the meet-up. Co-worker's vacations kill me being able to participate.

#1845 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

I've been to Dunlay's before. Nice bar. I wish I can go to the meet-up. Co-worker's vacations kill me being able to participate.

Don't worry. We'll plan another one this summer. By then, there will more games out for trading!

Does anyone know if Cheapy mentioned it in this week's CAGcast? I haven't listened to it, yet.

#1846 Simon D I

Simon D I

www.GamerClash.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

What's up, vatos? I like near Elgin (I used to live on Clark & Peterson, and went to Senn High School)

I'll see if I can find something to trade, but if not, I think it'll be cool to hang with you fellas.

Shit, a bunch of CAGs in a bar, I'm there!!!!!!!!

Come on, CHICAGO, shit...come on ILLINOIS! Get down here next Saturday!

As a matter of fact, if anyone's not busy tonight or next friday, I'll be playing some metal guitar with a rap group (www.chicagonetworkconnected.com) at

THE BASSMENT, FRIDAY, MARCH 28th @7pm
1415 n Ashland, Chicago, Illinois, 60612

and
BETTY'S BLUE STAR LOUNGE, FRIDAY, APRIL 4th @ 10:30pm
1600 W. Grand, Chi, Illinois, 60623

Later, CAGs

Edit: P.s., yesterday's episode of my Podcast features a lot of Chicago Love, namely talking about the old gang spot/fast food restaurant "Duks." Anyone remember that? Anyways, it's at (www.cyberpunksgaming.com)

#1847 StarWarpCrackerWave

StarWarpCrackerWave

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

I wouldn't mind making the meet up but I doubt i will.

#1848 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

Edit: P.s., yesterday's episode of my Podcast features a lot of Chicago Love, namely talking about the old gang spot/fast food restaurant "Duks." Anyone remember that?

Yeah, I remember Duks... right by Senn on Ridge 'n' Clark. I had my first exposure to Punch-Out!! and Pac-Man Jr. there. Gotta love Edgewater... (Hmm, anyone know what was there before Duks?)

But, yeah... the CAG meet-up is a bit too close to a family event I got going on that day, so I'll have to pass. Hope you all have a great time, though.

#1849 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:59 PM

Mad props to Cheapy and Wombat for mentioning the meet-up in the CAGcast.:applause:

#1850 mzbagel

mzbagel

I'm disrespectful to dirt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:29 AM

Just a quick FYI to fellow Chicagoland CAGs. Was at the Target in Lombard today (by Yorktown) and saw The Simpsons Game for the 360 at $24.99 on clearance. Being the good CAG I am (already own it) I left all the copies for other folks to enjoy :)

#1851 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

What would you guys say is a better school for an undergraduate degree, UIC or DePaul?

I just missed the admissions deadline for UIC. Also, DePaul has the tuiton listed as 23,820.00 per year. Does that mean it include Fall and Spring semesters?

#1852 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:52 PM

Just a quick FYI to fellow Chicagoland CAGs. Was at the Target in Lombard today (by Yorktown) and saw The Simpsons Game for the 360 at $24.99 on clearance. Being the good CAG I am (already own it) I left all the copies for other folks to enjoy :)

Don't forget about the $5 off coupon (you'd probably have to get a little something extra to make the $25 for the coupon, but this is a good deal). Is the game any good?

#1853 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

Count me in, Loan Square is only a few stops from me.
I don't think I'll have much for trading though, but it'd be nice to meet some fellow CAGs and have a few beers.
BTW...anyone know how the beers selection is there?

#1854 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:15 AM

Count me in, Loan Square is only a few stops from me.
I don't think I'll have much for trading though, but it'd be nice to meet some fellow CAGs and have a few beers.
BTW...anyone know how the beers selection is there?

I'll probably wont bring that much to trade (if anything) but I would like to meet some Chicago area cags and maybe drink a few beer. But I bring some cash to maybe buy some stuff. :)

#1855 spongebobgangster

spongebobgangster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:31 AM

don't count me in im under age:roll: and dont know where it is

#1856 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:54 AM

I'll try to make it to the meet up on Saturday.

Has anyone had any luck finding those $15 copies of Crackdown at any Target? I'm to have to agree with the person that said that city Targets are not the best place to find clearanced items.

#1857 joeposh

joeposh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:00 AM

What would you guys say is a better school for an undergraduate degree, UIC or DePaul?

I just missed the admissions deadline for UIC. Also, DePaul has the tuiton listed as 23,820.00 per year. Does that mean it include Fall and Spring semesters?

Depends. What are you looking to major in? DePaul is definitely a school on the rise, but they're not as prestigious as they like to think they are... at least at this point. Still, I'd take it over UIC based on it's location, rep and facilities. You have to figure out what best meets your needs though.

#1858 tomcichon

tomcichon

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

hey is there a meet up goin on? and add me to the list of chi residents

#1859 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

don't count me in im under age:roll: and dont know where it is

Dude, it's family-friendly.

#1860 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

Depends. What are you looking to major in? DePaul is definitely a school on the rise, but they're not as prestigious as they like to think they are...

I agree. People act like going to DePaul is the same as attending an ivy league school. I know about 27-30 people from DePaul I don't like any of them. I think the last one I talked to was upset because her dad gave her his "old" (2006) Lexus rather than buying her a new one. :-({|=