Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5319 replies to this topic

#2161 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

I went to WW on Friday, but I didn't take any pics. There were a lot less people than usual and there were more women than usual. Several wrestlers...Somehow I missed the Iron Sheik, but Virgil flagged me down and managed to steal about 5 minutes of my time since I feel bad for the guy (he is there every year). Also Saw 'Scottie too hottie' and 'al snow' who I had no interest in meeting. Not much 'star power' there. Lou (hulk) was there as usual, the only talent I saw was Linsner (who had a booth). I also saw Warren Ellis, but I don't really care about him. I didn't even see the usuals like Silvestri, Larsen (hack), Alex Ross, Billy Tucci, etc. I think the industry area is one row smaller...I may be crazy, but I don't think I saw a Mattel booth either.

I did find some pretty decent comics. Some ok Silver/Bronze Age books for .25 each. I got a 10 cent cover superboy (for .25) that is worth $20 even in good (2.0) condition. My brother found a Green Lantern 14 or something (for .25) in good, but still worth it. The day went pretty fast. I may actually go for the weekend next year and buy a lot more. I bought a little more than a short box, spent under $50, and each comic I bought was worth at least $5 in the condition it was in.

Hey, I like savage dragon. :) I also find good stuff in the cheap bins and some statues way below retail price at ww. But I'll will try to go next year since this was the first year that I did not go.

I'm a new dad of a baby boy! :)

#2162 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

^^^ Oops I meant Rob Liefeld, not Larsen. I just wrote the wrong image comics 'L' name. I have some Savage Dragon Wizard 1/2s (both the original and the special edition) for sale if you are interested. I also have a run from 1-12 or so from the ongoing series for sale too. I think I have some extras of the first mini series too if you need any of them.

Congrats!

#2163 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

Congrats, man!!

#2164 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

Congrats! Another future Chicago CAG has been welcomed into the world!:applause:

#2165 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:25 AM

Thanks guys regarding my newborn. Hopefully he does picks up some of my cag skills and use the money for more important things like taking his dad out to the baseball game. :)

#2166 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:42 AM

Congratz!

#2167 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

Congrats on the kid!

#2168 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

Congrats Ryo!

On the much more cynical side, screw the Taste. That's mostly my laziness talking, but I'd rather check out the restaurants themselves than the meager and overpriced versions at the Taste. I did recommend to some of my students to check it out though.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2169 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

^^^I think the only time I 've been to the taste in recent years was 2005 when the Stereophonics played a free XRT show. I would have seen Stevie Wonder if I had heard about him being there.

#2170 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

Anyone go to wizard world? If so, post some pics.

I tried to get as many pics of all the people dressed up in costumes as possible. I'll post some pics up on my Flickr account. I just have to find some time to do it.

#2171 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

What's up guys, just got in from the walmart out in Forest park and they had a huge clearance sale of games. Everything ranging from PSP, 360, PS2, GC, Wii, all for $5 or less. I snatched:

:gc: Zelda: Twilight Princess - $5
:psp: GTA: Vice City Stories - $7
:wii: Wii Game Party - $5
:360: Star Wars II: Original Trilogy - $7
:360: Stuntman Ignition - $5

There was even a bunch of Madden 05's with Ray Lewis on the cover for PS1 there...

Currently Playing:
:ps4: Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, MLB 14: The Show
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe
:ps3: Deadpool

#2172 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

What's up guys, just got in from the walmart out in Forest park and they had a huge clearance sale of games. Everything ranging from PSP, 360, PS2, GC, Wii, all for $5 or less. I snatched:

:gc: Zelda: Twilight Princess - $5
:psp: GTA: Vice City Stories - $7
:wii: Wii Game Party - $5
:360: Star Wars II: Original Trilogy - $7
:360: Stuntman Ignition - $5

There was even a bunch of Madden 05's with Ray Lewis on the cover for PS1 there...

Did they have any more of Zelda?

#2173 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:47 PM

Was there a good amount of 360 games?

#2174 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:51 PM

I'm pretty sure I snagged the last Zelda, and the 360 games I saw was a Bomberman Act Zero, Tiger Woods 06, a few Rayman Raving Rabbids, 1 or 2 Stuntman Ignitions, and 3 or 4 Star Wars Original Trilogies. But there was a ton of PS2 games, especially the Hack games, not sure the exact titles, I've never played the series. Didn't see any PS3 games(Damnit)

Currently Playing:
:ps4: Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, MLB 14: The Show
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe
:ps3: Deadpool

#2175 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

Congrats Ryo!

On the much more cynical side, screw the Taste. That's mostly my laziness talking, but I'd rather check out the restaurants themselves than the meager and overpriced versions at the Taste. I did recommend to some of my students to check it out though.

The ticket prices weren't too bad but the food selection was. I just got back today from the Taste & I swear, the stands all alternated between pizza, chinese food, soul food & desert. Nothing exotic like in years past w/ alligator meat & boar stew. I admit though, a few of the 'taste' portions were worth more than the few tickets it cost (I got a softball-sized watermelon for 2 tix). I'd say the Taste was pretty mediocre this year.
My new fave anime: Lucky Star

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

I don't date women with more than zero children -jaykrue

#2176 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:40 AM

I'm pretty sure I snagged the last Zelda, and the 360 games I saw was a Bomberman Act Zero, Tiger Woods 06, a few Rayman Raving Rabbids, 1 or 2 Stuntman Ignitions, and 3 or 4 Star Wars Original Trilogies. But there was a ton of PS2 games, especially the Hack games, not sure the exact titles, I've never played the series. Didn't see any PS3 games(Damnit)

The Dot Hack games? I'm missing some of those. If they have alot of those and a few 360 games, I'll have to make a trip out there in the morning...

#2177 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

i'm glad that videogames aren't affected by the sales tax increase... or are they???

#2178 FFMooglestar

FFMooglestar

SoCal Living.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:51 PM

What's up Chicago thread! So I'm gonna be near your town for a few days come mid July. I already picked up some tickets for the Friendly Confines to watch the Cubs take down the Giants on the 13th. How's the food at the stadium? Or do you guys have any recommendations on eating somewhere around the stadium before the game?

Besides Wrigley, is there anything else you guys think I shouldn't miss while I'm there? Places to eat or shop? Or things to do? I'm up for all kinds of suggestions as long as they don't kill my wallet... those Cubbies tickets already hurt it enough. I believe I'll be staying in the Schaumburg area if that helps at all!

#2179 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:28 AM

Target at Addison mall is no longer accepting either form of the $5 a $25 purchase coupon due to "fraudulent activity". The notice went up today, apparently.:cry:

#2180 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:20 AM

Target at Addison mall is no longer accepting either form of the $5 a $25 purchase coupon due to "fraudulent activity". The notice went up today, apparently.:cry:

The Matteson one had that up as well.

Went to The Taste. And it was bad. The usual ugly and fat chicks in short shit they shouldn't wear. There was some nice breasts to be seen. Shooting by Buckingham Fountain, and I had run like a motherfucker. The fireworks were short as hell. It was just bad, man.

#2181 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:40 AM

Also confirmed at the Brickyard location. It was funny because another cashier was curious as to why they weren't taking the coupon anymore. The cashier that was attending me said that it was getting out of hand, especially with people bringing in oversized coupons. She said most of them would just hand her an entire page with the coupon blown up. LOL.

#2182 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:07 AM

The Matteson one had that up as well.

Went to The Taste. And it was bad. The usual ugly and fat chicks in short shit they shouldn't wear. There was some nice breasts to be seen. Shooting by Buckingham Fountain, and I had run like a motherfucker. The fireworks were short as hell. It was just bad, man.

I've been to the Taste fireworks once.....ONCE. Never more. You all should take heed from my words.

And yes. The fashion ugly are always there, but if you are a breast man, you'll have some nice sightseening...usually. Hahhaha.

Edit: Sorry to all the Chi-town area ladies reading these recent posts. Judging by all the posts as of late, there are no area ladies reading this, only a female visitor to the area....

Edited by chicagoz, 04 July 2008 - 09:12 AM.
drunkeness (sp?)....

#2183 chi.bri

chi.bri

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

What's up Chicago thread! So I'm gonna be near your town for a few days come mid July. I already picked up some tickets for the Friendly Confines to watch the Cubs take down the Giants on the 13th. How's the food at the stadium? Or do you guys have any recommendations on eating somewhere around the stadium before the game?

Besides Wrigley, is there anything else you guys think I shouldn't miss while I'm there? Places to eat or shop? Or things to do? I'm up for all kinds of suggestions as long as they don't kill my wallet... those Cubbies tickets already hurt it enough. I believe I'll be staying in the Schaumburg area if that helps at all!

Food can be a pain to get, especially if you're not sitting in field seats.
A good pre or post game cheap eat is Bacci Pizza. It's on Addison, north side of street, between Wrigley and the Red Line station.

#2184 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:01 PM

Make sure you visit Weiner Circle after you've been drinking for 6 straight hours, too! El Jardin has pretty decent Mexican food, too.

#2185 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:08 PM

^^^There's a Mexican restaurant in boys town that has burger time. I don't remember what it is called.

#2186 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:48 PM

The friendly confines is known for its average high priced food. As others have stated you are much better off eating before/after the game at a local bar/restaurant.

On a different note I was also very unsatisfied with the taste this year. I always go for the 'taste' portions. So many places had the same kinds of 'taste' portion items compared to past years. Also it used to be all 'taste' items were 3 tickets, now a majority of them were 4 tickets. I'm not sure I'll be returning next year. This was my sixth consecutive year attending since moving to the Chicago area.
Space for Rent:lol:

#2187 Rahxephon91

Rahxephon91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

Best Buy in Homewood/Glenwood has 50% all anime dvds during the 4th of July weekend.

I'm not sure how much they have left but I was able to get the Kiddy Grade collection for $20 and Black Cat box set for $25.

Good Luck

#2188 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

There were about 20 people standing in line outside the BB on Clark this morning. I think about half (or more) were waiting to get their Wiis.

#2189 boatack13

boatack13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

FYI. The Target on 95th Street in Oak Lawn has a million copies of Call of Duty 2: GOtY (Xbox360) for 5 bucks. There are also about 10 to 15 copies of the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl strategy guide for 4 bucks.

#2190 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

The suburb of Harwood Heights raised their taxes to 10.25 so if your by the local gamestop (by dennys and value city) think again when buying a system cause it adds up.