Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sweet Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Please log in to reply
5331 replies to this topic

#2731 mzbagel

mzbagel

I'm disrespectful to dirt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

Just stopped by CC in Naperville on Route 59. A lot of guitar hero III and guitar hero world tour. Only 30% off right now, all platforms. Was hoping to find a Rock Band 2 for the 360 but no dice.

Edited by mzbagel, 18 February 2009 - 04:07 PM.

Recently Completed Trades:
NONE

In Progress Trades:
NONE

#2732 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

Just stopped by CC in Naperville on Route 59. A lot of guitar hero III and guitar hero world tour. Only 305 off right now, all platforms. Was hoping to find a Rock Band 2 for the 360 but no dice.

I know how you feel. I have the GH:WT bundle, so I was looking for a 360 RB2 game only, Took me a couple of weeks and I located one this weekend for 40% and grabbed it.

It was at the Elston CC.

#2733 olemmiwinks

olemmiwinks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

I'm looking for an apartment, where at?

#2734 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

Saw a bunch of Wiis at both Targets I went to today. Looks like they all might've gotten shipments if anyone was in need.
Currently Playing:
:ps4: Destiny, Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, Last of Us Remastered
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Luigi's Mansion
:ps3: Deadpool
Recently Completed: Kirby Triple Deluxe :3ds:

#2735 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:51 AM

I'm looking for an apartment, where at?

2nd Floor for rent in Lincoln Square area, across the street from Old Town School of Folk Music.

Available April 1st 2009.
4540 North Oakley at Lincoln/Wilson/Oakley

#2736 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

There wont be an issue with the PSN cards not working if I buy them at CC right? They should work normally?

Also, my uncle bought a labtop and bought the CC extended warranty, now that CC is going out of business what can he do? Is he sol?

#2737 nny77713

nny77713

Rip the System

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

Just stopped by CC in Naperville on Route 59. A lot of guitar hero III and guitar hero world tour. Only 30% off right now, all platforms. Was hoping to find a Rock Band 2 for the 360 but no dice.

How was the rest of the game stock?
Posted Image

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

#2738 jalopez86

jalopez86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

Can you use more than one best buy gift certificate at once? I've accumulated a bunch through their rewards zone program. I have two ten dollar ones and a fiver. I wanted to go pick up SFIV and LocoRoco 2 but wanted to know if I could use them all at once.

#2739 mzbagel

mzbagel

I'm disrespectful to dirt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

How was the rest of the game stock?

One word: Nonexistent. The only thing they had was Guitar Hero bundles and one PS2 title and that was it.
Recently Completed Trades:
NONE

In Progress Trades:
NONE

#2740 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

There wont be an issue with the PSN cards not working if I buy them at CC right? They should work normally?

Also, my uncle bought a labtop and bought the CC extended warranty, now that CC is going out of business what can he do? Is he sol?

I'm guessing he bought the laptop before the liquidation started? Basically at this point, the only warranty he has is the manufacturer's warranty.

Has anyone been out to the CC by North Riverside Mall recently? Thinking about going out there tomorrow morning. also could anyone recommend any CC that have a decent bunch of games, preferably DS, 360, and PS2?

#2741 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:31 AM

Can you use more than one best buy gift certificate at once? I've accumulated a bunch through their rewards zone program. I have two ten dollar ones and a fiver. I wanted to go pick up SFIV and LocoRoco 2 but wanted to know if I could use them all at once.

You should be able to. I used several, plus gift cards for my iPod that I bought a while back.

I imagine that this weekend will be the last good one for CC stores around here.

#2742 sweepy76

sweepy76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:16 AM

Has anyone been out to the CC by North Riverside Mall recently? Thinking about going out there tomorrow morning. also could anyone recommend any CC that have a decent bunch of games, preferably DS, 360, and PS2?

I was there last sunday and still had a decent selection of games for every system but the best games were in the back in a glass case. I'm going tomorrow after work so I'll chime in then!!!
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/osiris+prime"]Posted Image[/URL]

#2743 beansy

beansy

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:01 AM

Any stores with PS3 SF4 CE's left? My online order got screwed and I'm left scrambling. :(

#2744 jalopez86

jalopez86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:08 AM

Any stores with PS3 SF4 CE's left? My online order got screwed and I'm left scrambling. :(

If you're in chicago the gamecrazy on 43rd and Ashland had a shit-load. I went in to buy the regular version and the guy was like "you wanna spend 80$" and i was like "fuck no" but I guess you do so have at it.

#2745 sweepy76

sweepy76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

Berwyn - 50% games, DVDs and music.

ps3 = mirrors edge, fallout 3(regular and lunchbox), resistance 2. couple of saints row 2 special editions also.

xbox 360 = fallout 3(regular), fable2 and cc red alert 3.

pc = fallout 3 (regular and 1 lunchbox - hid it behind some world of Warcraft 3 boxes for whomever finds it. red alert 3, spore, and a couple of left 4 dead.

I went last night around 5pm.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/osiris+prime"]Posted Image[/URL]

#2746 olemmiwinks

olemmiwinks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

2nd Floor for rent in Lincoln Square area, across the street from Old Town School of Folk Music.

Available April 1st 2009.
4540 North Oakley at Lincoln/Wilson/Oakley

ohhh okay. I was looking for somewhere in the gold coast. I used to live by lincoln square, fun place indeed. Thats pretty close to places I love to eat at (Garcia's). Thanks though

#2747 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

How does the HIP CC look game wise now that it's 50%?

#2748 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

ohhh okay. I was looking for somewhere in the gold coast. I used to live by lincoln square, fun place indeed. Thats pretty close to places I love to eat at (Garcia's). Thanks though

No problem, and Garcias is great.

#2749 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:44 PM

IF someone could get me a couple of these (1 for my bro) and bring them to the next meetup, it would really be appreciated! For anyone who is a WATCHMEN fan:

Chicago - 2/20
Who watches the WATCHMEN? Stop by Dollop (4181 N. Clarendon) on Fri 2/20 from 7PM-8PM to get your Nite Owl poster! http://43kix.com/watchmen

#2750 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

Berwyn - 50% games, DVDs and music.

ps3 = mirrors edge, fallout 3(regular and lunchbox), resistance 2. couple of saints row 2 special editions also.

xbox 360 = fallout 3(regular), fable2 and cc red alert 3.

pc = fallout 3 (regular and 1 lunchbox - hid it behind some world of Warcraft 3 boxes for whomever finds it. red alert 3, spore, and a couple of left 4 dead.

I went last night around 5pm.

Yep. Tons of Prince of Persia as well.

My haul:
:360: Prince of Persia 30.00
:360: Fallout 3 Lunchbox 30.00 8-)

How does the HIP CC look game wise now that it's 50%?

I went earlier this week, Wednesday, and yeah... sparse. All games were in one aisle. Lots of PSPs. Lots of guides left, so I'm thinking of grabbing a couple. Maybe find the odd game for PS2, or finally pick up that copy of Shadow of the Colossus I wanted.

BTW:

Is there any CC still with a nice stock of games? Preferably 360, DS, and PS2. Also accessories and maybe point cards?

Edited by jonathanp, 21 February 2009 - 01:04 AM.

#2751 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Wow. I'll take a $30 Xbox 360 Fallout 3 Lunchbox edition. Anyone seen a CC that still has plenty of them?

#2752 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

Wow. I'll take a $30 Xbox 360 Fallout 3 Lunchbox edition. Anyone seen a CC that still has plenty of them?

What about the PS3 version? Was there lots of those too at Berwyn? Either the lunchbox, or the regular edition.

#2753 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:16 PM

What about the PS3 version? Was there lots of those too at Berwyn? Either the lunchbox, or the regular edition.

I saw 2 or 3 Lunchboxes. I didn't look through the games so I can't tell you if there were any regulars.

I'm getting ready to do a run right now... anyone knows which CC to hit?

#2754 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

If anyone is looking to sell a PSP for a fair price PM me. I'll pay cash. It is fine if it has been hacked, in fact I would prefer one that is hackable. I'm going to make a desktop internet radio out of it.
Space for Rent:lol:

#2755 phreak5k

phreak5k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Just got back from the Circuit City at Wolcott and Fullerton. Not much going on, several copies of Far Cry 2 for 360, Pokemon Dungeons. I grabbed the last copy of Apollo Justice for DS.
Free 360 games link (Received several Guitar Hero 2s and Guitar Hero 3s, Crackdown, DiRT, The Darkness, Overlord, and DDR Universe bundle w/pad): http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=232342

My Gaminglagoon.com link(Received 2 free Wii Points cards and a black DS lite): -> http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=6222

Games in progress:
:360: Far Cry 2
:psp: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
:ps2: Shadow Hearts: From the New World

#2756 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

Just got back from the Circuit City at Wolcott and Fullerton. Not much going on, several copies of Far Cry 2 for 360, Pokemon Dungeons. I grabbed the last copy of Apollo Justice for DS.

Pretty much. I ended up picking up Barnyard Blast which will probably get gifted. Just waiting for the external hard drives to drop, and the strategy guides to drop down. and maybe pick up a DVD here and there.

Anyone knows of a CC worth going to?

#2757 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:38 AM

Was at the Highland Park Half Price Books earlier tonite. Much less of a vg selection than the Niles location, but I picked up FEAR for 4 bucks.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2758 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:37 AM

Pizza lovers, do yourself a favor and order from these guys. Hands down, best pizza I have ever eaten. If you live in Chicago you MUST order from here. They recently moved to a new location and they say business is down, which is a shame. Try them out!! If you like them, spread the word. 8-)

http://villamaypizza.com/

#2759 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

Was at the Highland Park Half Price Books earlier tonite. Much less of a vg selection than the Niles location, but I picked up FEAR for 4 bucks.

Do they buy/sell game guides? I heard someone talking about that place in the guide thread.

#2760 rick3000gto

rick3000gto

NVG's FTW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Pizza lovers, do yourself a favor and order from these guys. Hands down, best pizza I have ever eaten. If you live in Chicago you MUST order from here. They recently moved to a new location and they say business is down, which is a shame. Try them out!! If you like them, spread the word. 8-)

http://villamaypizza.com/

Really never heard of them.