The Windy City!

• Please log in to reply
5349 replies to this topic

#4591 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

I checked a store yesterday and they were gone. Some guy said he hit all of the Chicago stores and bought all of the bundles in the deal thread.

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I need a new signature.

#4592 SeraphiMichael

SeraphiMichael

Divine Messenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

I checked a store yesterday and they were gone. Some guy said he hit all of the Chicago stores and bought all of the bundles in the deal thread.

What an asshole.

#4593 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

He edited his post, but you get the idea:

heads up: i just hit :
HIP plaza k
elston / foster k
addison / kimball k
7600 s. pulaski k
5050 s. kedzie k AND
ashland & Miwaukee K-marts and i wiped them out of all their 19.99 bundles ... 5 of the stores were empty , i got lucky at the HIP location but they are now out
that way you wont waste your time traveling to these k mart locations, cant travel to the suburbs so thanks OP !!!

#4594 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

He edited his post, but you get the idea:

Why doesn't he just say $50 shipped if you are interested... jerk

I need a new signature.

#4595 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

snowed in...

#4596 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

Srsly? Wheretf are you?
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4597 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Srsly? Wheretf are you?

north of Chicago

#4598 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

Heard it was gonna be bad tonight for people up north here. West surburbs here have been pretty clam and boring.

Has anyone been able to find Shinobido 2 for the Vita at any B&M stores around here besides gamestop? Can not one anywhere.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#4599 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:48 AM

Heard it was gonna be bad tonight for people up north here. West surburbs here have been pretty clam and boring.

Has anyone been able to find Shinobido 2 for the Vita at any B&M stores around here besides gamestop? Can not one anywhere.

I don't think anyone else is carrying it at retail...But I could be wrong.

#4600 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

I don't think anyone else is carrying it at retail...But I could be wrong.

Aw man, that stinks. Still waiting for my copy to ship from best buy warehouse that is backordered currently
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#4601 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Target (Addison Mall) has a fresh batch of Skylanders figures today, if you guys are looking for them. Go, go, go!!!

#4602 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

Target (Addison Mall) has a fresh batch of Skylanders figures today, if you guys are looking for them. Go, go, go!!!

Anyone here into this game? Is it fun and worth collecting the figures? I ask because was thinking on getting this for my son.

#4603 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

Anyone here into this game? Is it fun and worth collecting the figures? I ask because was thinking on getting this for my son.

From what my co-worker says, her sons love playing it. She isn't to fond of the idea of buying a ton, but you can get away with it if you just buy one of each specialty a figure has like the flying ability. You can just get one of those figures and be good on all the flying portions of the game from how she described it to me.

If anyone is looking for Mass Effect 2 for either 360 or PS3. The BB on four corners (downers grove) had a ton when I went in the morning, 10+
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#4604 Br4inDead

Br4inDead

It's Buggerin' Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

GOT THIS FROM HUNT4FREEBIES

Receive $5 Target Gift Card when you subscribe to WhereYouShop. This offer is ONLY available to NEW Chicagoland WhereYouShop Subscribers

:applause: thanks.

Signed up for that thursday and got it today.
"Watch out for flying chairs"
Posted Image

#4605 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

Stan Lee is coming to Wizard World Chicago in August. That is all.

:whee:

#4606 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Yo is anybody going to the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) April 13th-15th in the North Building at Mccormick Place this year?

I think a bunch of my buddies and I are going. Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine and Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria are going to be there so It would be awesome to meet them.
Posted Image

#4607 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Yeah I just might go, finally a convention in my area.

NighT_Ryder31.png

#4608 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Yo is anybody going to the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) April 13th-15th in the North Building at Mccormick Place this year?

I think a bunch of my buddies and I are going. Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine and Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria are going to be there so It would be awesome to meet them.

I'm going with my Dad, bro, and friend.

My dad convinced the radio shopping show to carry weekend passes to C2E2.

They will be $24 for a weekend pass.

http://www.wrmn1410....sp?ITEM_ID=3867

I am not sure how many they have. Sometimes items can go cheaper closer to the event date, but since these are more than 50% off, they probably won't last. :bouncy:

#4609 tmei2006

tmei2006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:18 AM

Is this c2e2 sale site still work? It says VOID VOID VOID on the bottom of the listing. I am planning to order from there.

I'm going with my Dad, bro, and friend.

My dad convinced the radio shopping show to carry weekend passes to C2E2.

They will be $24 for a weekend pass.

http://www.wrmn1410....sp?ITEM_ID=3867

I am not sure how many they have. Sometimes items can go cheaper closer to the event date, but since these are more than 50% off, they probably won't last. :bouncy:

#4610 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

Man I haven't been to a convention in a few years. Any thoughts on the next meetup?

#4611 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

Is this c2e2 sale site still work? It says VOID VOID VOID on the bottom of the listing. I am planning to order from there.

Yeah the void is just so people don't try to print out the page. You will get the actual plastic badges for the convention.

You need a keytag number that you get free when you go to checkout.

Basically the radio shopping show has deals for a lot of different businesses.

It's basically Groupon before Groupon existed. ;) They have gameworks and other places on there. I think I gave some CAGs some free passes when we met up at GW a loooong time ago.

#4612 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

Weren't we still wearing winter coats this time last year?

I need a new signature.

#4613 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

Weren't we still wearing winter coats this time last year?

Yeah, I heard one of these unseasonably warm days had the highest temps since the scorcher of '95. Had to change what blanket I use at night!

#4614 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

Update on the c2e2 passes. They are the actual weekend pass with the Jim Lee Superman on them. I got them today! $24 for the whole weekend. (And no, i do not get a kickback or anything).

#4615 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

Apparently, my local 24-hour Walgreens refuses to acknowledge the existence of Jewish adolescents. I can buy a greeting card for Pastor Appreciation, Troubled Relationships, Recovering from Illness - Cancer, but not one for my niece's Bat Mitzvah. Yes, I am a Mexican- (and Korean-) American with a Jewish (half-) sister.

Also, y'all better stay away from my Half Price Books this Sunday (j/k). Someone's gotta tell the buyer at the Highland Park location to stop accepting Steam-activated PC games.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#4616 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Is anybody going to the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend?

A friend and I will be there all day tomorrow. First timers.

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

#4617 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Is anybody going to the Midwest Gaming Classic this weekend?

A friend and I will be there all day tomorrow. First timers.

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

I've always wanted to go but due to distance and it always landing around a bad time I never get to.

#4618 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

I have some questions for you guys:

Do any of you guys have comcast internet that has a wired AND wireless connection?

What router do you use?

Was it provided by comcast?

I have a phone modem and a netgear 614 that they provide, but it severly lags when gaming and on wireless in general. (Speedtest says 30bps on my desktop and I get anywhere from 2-15 bps on my laptop and ps3.)

#4619 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

When I had comcast before I moved, my modem had no wireless access. I just used a linksys router and was good to go. I miss it, because the internet was pretty good, but now I have Directv, and I'm not paying their insane price for internet only(w/o cable it's very expensive). Anyway, from experience and word of mouth, as a general rule of thumb, most wireless solutions provided from the ISPs themselves all usually suck. Then again, I didn't know comcast provided a phone modem either, I thought it was all cable. Hell, my mom has the triple play package, and the phone itself actually gets fed right from the cable line(a phone port on the modem) instead of a wall phone jack.

#4620 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Do any of you guys have comcast internet that has a wired AND wireless connection? No, in fact I bought my own cable modem with docsis 3.0.

What router do you use? Netgear WNDR3700 (it was been rock solid)

Was it provided by comcast? Nope, laid down the cash and has been totally worth it.
Space for Rent:lol: