The Windy City!

• Please log in to reply
5350 replies to this topic

#4921 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

I'll be there around 1. We could probably trade around 2 so everyone can get there. I'm pretty sure Doc told mrosnwo and me that the $12 was a permanent CAG rate. I don't think I dreampt it.

I don't really have much to trade, since most of my stuff is packed up. I haven't slept much the past few days, so I'm probably not making sense. We will have to go over names at the arcade, because I remember about 5 of them and I don't think 2-3 of you will be there.

I am going to hit that Mexican place for a burrito at some point. I will probably hit the disc replay and half price books too if I remember how to get there.

Doc didn't email me back, so I guess we will see tomorrow.

#4922 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

There's a good burger place a block down from the arcade too.

I'll try to get there around 1, but I'm taking the bus so it might be after that.

#4923 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

So what's the consensus on the time?

I'll be bringing a good amount of stuff to trade or sell so I hope you guys bring some stuff too. I need to get rid of some things.

ryosnk, what's your exact route to the arcade? I punched into Google Transit planner and the options they gave are pretty long and annoying.

Having my wife drop me off at harlem and grand and that Pace bus goes all the way to Ogden St. and from there walk to the arcade. All routes are long and annoying.

#4924 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

Oh, hell, there's a Disc Replay AND a Half Price right there? Now I'm debating whether to drive or take the train...

As of now, barring an avalanche, I'll be there. I've got some stuff that might be trade-worthy, but that's not up to me. Games, mostly, of all different systems. What's the food situation around there? Anything not super-greasy that an herbivore would dig?
Flammable! Or, inflammable. Forget which. Doesn't matter!

#4925 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

From what I remember, the cag group rate of $12 was permanent, but also, he seemed disappointed last year when we went because we didn't do regular meetups there. He reluctantly gave it to us, but seemed like he didn't want to. Lets be real, we do this like once a year, trying to get discounts seems a little cheap, but I suppose that's what this site is also all about.

Also, it's starting to look like I may have to skip this. Turns out I'd have to leave earlier than I hoped to, which makes it less justifiable. It really sucks cause I wanted to go badly. Staying just about 2-3 hours isn't really worth it to me, and I know when I got there, I'd want to stay all damn day, especially when we get the multiplayer gaming on. I'd say 80% chance I'm out, but just in case, I'll leave a window open that I sneak in for awhile.

#4926 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

From what I remember, the cag group rate of $12 was permanent, but also, he seemed disappointed last year when we went because we didn't do regular meetups there. He reluctantly gave it to us, but seemed like he didn't want to. Lets be real, we do this like once a year, trying to get discounts seems a little cheap, but I suppose that's what this site is also all about.

Also, it's starting to look like I may have to skip this. Turns out I'd have to leave earlier than I hoped to, which makes it less justifiable. It really sucks cause I wanted to go badly. Staying just about 2-3 hours isn't really worth it to me, and I know when I got there, I'd want to stay all damn day, especially when we get the multiplayer gaming on. I'd say 80% chance I'm out, but just in case, I'll leave a window open that I sneak in for awhile.

C'mon, I'll be giving out free handshakes, do you really wanna miss out on that.

#4927 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

I still haven't heard from Doc. The discount is probably unlikely. I would still mention CAG and ask if there is a discount, but I wouldn't make a stink if it is the full $15.

I will be there closer to 2pm depending on traffic. I will hit the stores later in the afternoon/evening if anyone wants to tag along.

#4928 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

I should be there around 2 as well.

#4929 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

I should be there around 2 as well.

I'm running late, will be there round 145

#4930 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Will anyone else be there closer to one? I'm already in the area, decided to hit stores first.

#4931 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

I'm here, anybody else here?

#4932 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

It was nice meeting old and new CAGs.

#4933 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Sorry I left abruptly, my buddy had to be at work by 530. It was nice meeting you all, anyone down for a trip to Beercade? Thanks again duders.

#4934 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

That place was an absolute blast. Thanks to all of you! Not something I could do more than a few times a year, but that place was pretty sweet.
Flammable! Or, inflammable. Forget which. Doesn't matter!

#4935 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

It was nice meeting old and new CAGs.

Sorry I left abruptly, my buddy had to be at work by 530. It was nice meeting you all, anyone down for a trip to Beercade? Thanks again duders.

That place was an absolute blast. Thanks to all of you! Not something I could do more than a few times a year, but that place was pretty sweet.

Nice to meet some new CAGs and to see old friends. I'll have more stuff to trade next time. Yeah we have trouble getting meetups together, so they usually happen every 1-2 years. Maybe we can get them going more frequently. :lol:

Thanks weaponx for bringing up that "Bing" challenge and theheef for finding New Vegas GOTY.

#4936 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

Not sure how you all feel about crossing your streams but feel free to friend me in XBL and PSN, I'm Meta4ik on both. Also friend me in Facebook if you partake in such silly things ;-) Also once a year is far to few, lets bump this up to atleast quarterly, geesh.

#4937 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

It was great seeing the old timers again and meeting you new guys today! It was really fun.

Heef, WeaponX and slowdive, great going into "CAG mode" with you guys at the Sears and the Microsoft Store. It seems like our cheap ass instincts just take over! Haha

These meetings are hard to organize and get people to go to. We always say we're going to do more and then never do! :lol:

Meta I'll cross streams any time. I'll send you a request!

#4938 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Did you guys find some good stuff at Sears?

#4939 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Found some small stuff, but the real win was at the Microsoft Store. Did that Google vs. Bing challenge, and all four of us got $25 giftcards. I don't remember what the other guys got, but I found Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition marked $24.99. Score, right? Lady rings it up and it showed up as $40. After we showed her that it was clearly marked $24.99, they had to honor it. After tax, I essentially paid $2 for a brand new Fallout. Major win.

#4940 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I got a few games. It was way better than the selection at Six Corners.

#4941 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Shoot. I should have given you my wantlist.

#4942 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

That was a good time yesterday, it was nice to meet everyone new and see again everyone I've met before. I got out early and flipped A couple games back and forth from GS to BB

#4943 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Not sure how you all feel about crossing your streams but feel free to friend me in XBL and PSN, I'm Meta4ik on both. Also friend me in Facebook if you partake in such silly things ;-) Also once a year is far to few, lets bump this up to atleast quarterly, geesh.

I will be looking forward to a KI competition.

Your friend broke the arcade rules of etiquette and I had to roll him a couple of times to even out the universe. :lol:

He didn't ask before challenging or put a token/quarter on the deck/screen. People get killed over that shit.

#4944 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

I will be looking forward to a KI competition.

Your friend broke the arcade rules of etiquette and I had to roll him a couple of times to even out the universe. :lol:

He didn't ask before challenging or put a token/quarter on the deck/screen. People get killed over that shit.

Buahahaha, I apologize on their behalf, they're a bunch of frakking Neanderthals.

Edited by meta460085, 22 October 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#4945 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

I think for the next meetup we should do a lunch/dinner CAG meetup like we did a few years ago at father and son.

#4946 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Anyone picking up a WiiU this sunday? if so where is the best place to try to get one? After seeing reviews I'm pumped for one.

#4947 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Anyone picking up a WiiU this sunday? if so where is the best place to try to get one? After seeing reviews I'm pumped for one.

I dunno. I have a rule: I give a year after a new system comes out. That way any bugs or issues rear their ugly heads. Or in the case of the Vita, it just dies out. Nooch.

#4948 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

I dunno. I have a rule: I give a year after a new system comes out. That way any bugs or issues rear their ugly heads. Or in the case of the Vita, it just dies out. Nooch.

After buying the 360 day one and going thru 5 of them in a year and a half I too wait a while before jumping in now.

#4949 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

I'm picking one up Sunday.:D Already have my Wii U deluxe bundle preorder paid off at Gamestop. The only game I know for sure that I'm picking up on launch is NSMBU. I might get ZombiU, but I want to read reviews first.
Posted Image

#4950 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

6 to 9 months works for me most of the time, but yeah i agree. I'm not a paying to be beta test.