The Windy City!

• Please log in to reply
5349 replies to this topic

#1171 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:00 AM

Haven't found any great deals lately... sadly. Looked around at our Kmarts a bit, seems like people cleared them out already. Got Wind Waker for $8 and Donkey Konga 2 for $3.50 though, so I guess that's good.

Hey, cuu. Like fLipEN`said above, could you share which Kmart had the DK2 still in stock? I bought Jungle Beat and the two bongos when they were $10 after Christmas, but I still need some Konga music games to go along with them.

Looking for Bongos, as I have none, so I can't play Konga 2. Are any gamestop in the west-suburb area selling them for the $5 they have them online? The ones (broadview and berwyn) I've checked are telling me $10. I'd like to not go for the online deal because I've got some gamestop giftcards I'd rather use up.

If it's bongos you're looking for, it looks like practically every EB/GameStop on the north side's got extra bongos in stock (if the online inventory system is to be believed). The problem is that the web site prices might not match with those in stores, unfortunately. And GS still doesn't take gift cards online? Sheesh. Short of that, if you're willing to go online and wouldn't mind picking up DK:Jungle Beat for $5 as well, get the set for $14.99 off their web site. Here are the GS web links I used for the bongos and DK:JB...

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with 2nd Set of Bongos FREE!
http://www.gamestop....uct_id=B220494A

Donkey Konga Bongo
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=801816

Later, dude.

--Dan

#1172 cuu

cuu

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:52 AM

Well, sadly, I got the last copy of Donkey Konga 2, but they MIGHT have some Wind Wakers left. They had atleast 5 when I got Donkey Konga 2, but that was about a week ago. Someone could of snatched them, but who knows. They seemed to have a pretty well stocked game section (see: tons) when I went, there may be some good deals still hidden there. I didn't really check anything besides Gamecube.

It was the Roosevelt (Near Desplaines Ave) Location in Forest Park.

I might bite on that Jungle Beat deal, but I kinda dont want to spend more money than I have to at the moment. I want to play Konga 2, and it totally sucks without the bongos! I might just wait for another gamestop deal or something. -shrug-

#1173 aduckie

aduckie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:18 PM

Who here is going to be lining up for the Target 21st shipment?

http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=124107

DigitalBattle - Game News for the Masses

Posted Image

#1174 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

I bought my Wii from Costco a day after official launch so I'm good. Good luck getting a Wii.

#1175 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:51 AM

I've been there 1 week ago, and they had about 3 copies.

I don't remember the price, only saw the cases.

WOW! I went there today (one on Clark) and nothing was there. No Dead aims, no cases, nothing. If you saw them there, someone must have cleaned them out. The lady working there called a Crazy on I believe Kedzie but they only had the disc.

If someone cleaned these out, F U!!

Chicago cags do me a good one and let me know if you spot Dead aim with a case anywhere...please, thanks!

#1176 cuu

cuu

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:48 AM

gamestop has their product availability online (just tried, a few in the area say they have a copy), did you try calling around to those places that say they've got 1-3 in stock?

#1177 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:49 PM

gamestop has their product availability online (just tried, a few in the area say they have a copy), did you try calling around to those places that say they've got 1-3 in stock?

Thanks. I'll try that route. I kind of don't go to gamestop for used stuff since about 90 percent of the time I buy a game it doesn't work or freezes constantly. I hope they didn't do a jacked up prices for it.

Thanks for the heads up!

#1178 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

Anyone pick up Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony PSP at Any best buys here? Was there any at the BB at the HIP?

#1179 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:41 PM

I picked up the last two on the shelf at the Best Buy on Ashland and Armitage.

And at the Target on Touhy in Nile is Diablo2 and it's expansion for $4.98 each. One left of each. They had TONS of clearanced $13.98 games....especially Metroid Prime 2 for Gamecube. They also had $10.98 for Zookeeper DS and Ping Pals DS.

#1180 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

I picked up the last two on the shelf at the Best Buy on Ashland and Armitage.

And at the Target on Touhy in Nile is Diablo2 and it's expansion for $4.98 each. One left of each. They had TONS of clearanced $13.98 games....especially Metroid Prime 2 for Gamecube. They also had $10.98 for Zookeeper DS and Ping Pals DS.

Any good clearance stuff for PS2?(is it in the regular stuff, you know with all the PS2, cube, and XBOX GH section like all the other Targets?)

#1181 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:18 AM

Any good clearance stuff for PS2?(is it in the regular stuff, you know with all the PS2, cube, and XBOX GH section like all the other Targets?)

Nothing for the PS2 caught my eye except Resident Evil 4 (Hits version) marked down to $13.98. I THINK they had only one of those (which I didn't buy).

They also had Quake 4 for PC (didn't check the price, tho) just in case anyone's interested.

#1182 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

Fun little Chicago Bears song. Go bears!.

#1183 aduckie

aduckie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

Fun little Chicago Bears song. Go bears!.

Very old, the shuffle has been around since like October I think.

Posted Image

#1184 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:13 PM

The toys r us at melrose park had spartan (xbox) for $7, xbox (gameshark) w/memory card for $3, intec joystick (xbox) for $8, and a few xbox 360 faceplates for $5.

GO BEARS!

#1185 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:16 AM

The Target on Elston Ave. in Chicago has Battalion Wars (Gamecube) clearanced at $7.48 ($8.15 with tax). They do have a few left...about 7-9 from what I remember.

#1186 briansraregames

briansraregames

Yay! We didn't lose 100!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

Just and FYI, both Gamestops in Orland Park are running the b2g1 free sale on all used products. The employee that I spoke to said that this will go on indefinitely, but just at the two Orland stores. Are there any other stores like this around Chicagoland?
"God would never let me be successful; he'd kill me first. He'd never let me be happy." - George Costanza

#1187 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

Just and FYI, both Gamestops in Orland Park are running the b2g1 free sale on all used products. The employee that I spoke to said that this will go on indefinitely, but just at the two Orland stores. Are there any other stores like this around Chicagoland?

No other one's found yet, but try Gamestops close to Best buy's.

#1188 aduckie

aduckie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

Any Wii left in stock any places?

Posted Image

#1189 Chicago Mafia

Chicago Mafia

Nerd Herd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:40 PM

I was told the Costco at Damen and Clybourn had put out a palette of Wii bundles Tuesday but sold out the same day.

#1190 MisterNewGuy

MisterNewGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:27 AM

Ahhhh, Fellow Chicago CAGers! I feel comfort now.

#1191 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:28 AM

Go Bears!

#1192 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:59 AM

Go Bulls!

Anyone got a DS lite or phat to trade or sell?
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#1193 aduckie

aduckie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:43 AM

Go Bulls!

Anyone got a DS lite or phat to trade or sell?

I have a phat to sell. :)

Posted Image

#1194 slimpip

slimpip

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:35 AM

I went to a Best Buy tonight (2/12) in Batavia off Randall Rd. ( I go to NIU so only a 30 min or so drive) and they had about 20 Wiis out. I picked one up for myself :) A nice score.
Posted Image

#1195 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

Has anyone else found any wiis in stock?

Thanks.

#1196 briansraregames

briansraregames

Yay! We didn't lose 100!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

CIRCUIT CITY IN MATTESON, IL IS ONE OF THE 7 US STORES CLOSING, EXPECT CLEARANCE SALES...

Too far for me to drive, but some of you guys might want to check it out
"God would never let me be successful; he'd kill me first. He'd never let me be happy." - George Costanza

#1197 dpac

dpac

FastFoodSnob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:29 AM

Stopped by the Howard Target to see what was there today. The original Baten Kaitos for the GameCube (Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, not BK Origins) was five bucks, so I had to pick it up. A few Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble's were on a $15 DS endcap at one of the registers, but I didn't bother to check the price. (Heard it was five bucks in the most recent Target thread.) Unfortunately, Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the PS2 (Greatest Hits edition) was still $20 and in the locked case; I had the price for that title checked, too.

At any rate, if you want the first Baten Kaitos game for the GameCube, there should be a couple near the top of a GameCube corner rack at the back end of the first game aisle near electronics. They're just behind one copy of a GC title like Animal Crossing, Super Mario Sunshine, or something or other (can't remember which right now).

The Target Clearance Thread Part VII:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=125767

#1198 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:56 AM

CIRCUIT CITY IN MATTESON, IL IS ONE OF THE 7 US STORES CLOSING, EXPECT CLEARANCE SALES...

Too far for me to drive, but some of you guys might want to check it out

Damn it!!! I'll go tomorrow.

#1199 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:17 AM

Matteson is the one way SE of the city right? Around 130th St close to the Indiana border?

One of the Chicago stores is supposed to be closing too - I'm guessing it's the North Ave one but I'll check tomorrow.
Posted Image

#1200 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:57 AM

Matteson is the one way SE of the city right? Around 130th St close to the Indiana border?

One of the Chicago stores is supposed to be closing too - I'm guessing it's the North Ave one but I'll check tomorrow.

No, it around 211th, off of I-57.