Tales of Vesperia @ Amazon - $17.96 + FSSS

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#31 CH82

CH82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

I would have bought it if it was on the ps3. The asshats at namco/bandai can suck it. I won't be buying games from them anytime soon.

#32 lotsofgames

lotsofgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

This game is worth the full price that I payed. One of the best games that I have played this generation.

#33 jcslao

jcslao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:02 PM

thanks op! the game was priced at $17.07 and shipping was $4.95. not bad for a rare game and one of the best jrpgs for the 360!

#34 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

For some reason I am getting taxed 1.19 and making the game 18.26 instead of 17.07? That 1.19 kind of looking like a killer because of my backlog.

#35 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

All the positive things I have read in this thread............... IN FOR ONE
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 cmackchase

cmackchase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

I grabbed this and bayonetta as well for a combined 32 bucks.

#37 Danny VIP

Danny VIP

let me get the deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

In for one if it sucks I'm going to send you guys some nasty PM's.

#38 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

Awesome game, it's why I'll never sell my 360.
Posted Image

#39 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

This starts out fairly typical but quickly turns into the best jrpg of this generation.

#40 airjumpman

airjumpman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

Can anyone confirm if this is the reprint that comes in the cheaper/eco-friendly case? I assume it is, but would be nice to confirm.

#41 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

Well you all have convinced me, I am going to get myself a copy of Tales of Vesperia.
Posted Image

#42 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:31 AM

Well you all have convinced me, I am going to get myself a copy of Tales of Vesperia.

You won't be disappointed. One of the things everyone loves is that the protaganist is badass and not a wimpy guy like in most jrpgs.

#43 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

Well I am also picking up Blue Dragon (Which I have played) for $8.95 new.
Posted Image

#44 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

For some reason I am getting taxed 1.19 and making the game 18.26 instead of 17.07? That 1.19 kind of looking like a killer because of my backlog.

I'd hazard this game is better than anything in your backlog.

#45 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

Well I am also picking up Blue Dragon (Which I have played) for $8.95 new.

Such an underrated RPG, Blue Dragon. It's not great but it's certainly a little charmer and far better than most of the JRPGs this generation (i.e. Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Magna Carta 2).

#46 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

I'd hazard this game is better than anything in your backlog.

Honestly, if $1.19 is the difference between buying the game and not buying the game just don't buy it, it's not even $5.00 it's a $1.19. Just don't buy that .99 cent double from Burger King tomorrow and there is your game.
Posted Image

#47 MaxPower2

MaxPower2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

I just picked it up. All these recommendations and an itch for a good RPG made me do it. Sweet. Now to find the time to play all these games.

I swear I've doubled my game inventory in the last three weeks thanks to CAG and Amazon.

#48 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:09 AM

i just picked it up. All these recommendations and an itch for a good rpg made me do it. Sweet. Now to find the time to play all these games.

I swear i've doubled my game inventory in the last three weeks thanks to cag and amazon.

+1
Posted Image

#49 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

Yeah, me too. I have so many backlogged games piling up it's not even funny.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#50 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:48 AM

Yeah, me too. I have so many backlogged games piling up it's not even funny.

Vesperia should move to the top or near the top. :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#51 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:56 AM

This is the only game I had a 360 for. It's one of the better Tales games IMO. I reallyreallyreallyreally wish Namco would localize Tales of Graces and Tales of Xillia on the PS3, but it's doubtful for both. I'm just gonna need to learn to read Japanese, meh.

#52 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:00 AM

I'm thinking about picking this up so that I don't have to open my collectors edition.

#53 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:11 AM

Valkyria 1 and Vesperia are a deathmatch for the best JRPG this gen and probably the two best ones since FF X. Lost Odyssey, Persona 3 FES, and Eternal Sonata are up there as well.

If any of you who bought the game end up not liking it, you can EASILY get most or all of your $18 back selling it, even at Gamestop.

My podcast didn't award Vesperia Best RPG and 360 Game of the Year in 2008 for nothing (although my co-host made different picks.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#54 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

Valkyria 1 and Vesperia are a deathmatch for the best JRPG this gen and probably the two best ones since FF X. Lost Odyssey, Persona 3 FES, and Eternal Sonata are up there as well.

If any of you who bought the game end up not liking it, you can EASILY get most or all of your $18 back selling it, even at Gamestop.

My podcast didn't award Vesperia Best RPG and 360 Game of the Year in 2008 for nothing (although my co-host made different picks.)

The people that like Valkyria are such a small and vocal group. I hate those SRPG's but love traditional JRPG's.

Edited by typical guy, 16 December 2010 - 03:36 PM.

#55 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

Apples and oranges, really. I don't think Nintendo paid Grasshopper to keep HMH exclusive, unlike MS which paid Namco to translate the title and to keep it exclusive. MS locked up a lot of Japanese franchises (Rumble Roses, Ace Combat, etc.)

Furthermore, we're talking about a game (NMH) that has new technology on its side to make it refreshing (Move support) and a new coating of paint (the game is being graphically enhanced).

Namco isn't about to spend more resources (and $$$) to redo the voices for a NA release. It would very much rather spend that cash on a new Tales game.

No one (but a select, select few) are going to be at all excited about a ToV release on the PS3.

you're trying hard to sound like you don't want vesperia to be released here on the ps3. with your smile on the op.

i have a 360 so i will get the game for it. if they will ever release the enhanced ps3 version i will sell off the 360 version.

#56 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

you're trying hard to sound like you don't want vesperia to be released here on the ps3. with your smile on the op.

i have a 360 so i will get the game for it. if they will ever release the enhanced ps3 version i will sell off the 360 version.

I can't imagine anyone who's played and loved ToV wouldn't want to see us get a port of the PS3 version. I bet many people here are like me: they played ToV, heard about the potential PS3 release, researched it, and were saddened by what they discovered the more they read. He's not happy it's not being released on PS3. He's just being realistic.

#57 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:01 PM

I would love for it to come stateside... I would probably pay full price.
Posted Image

#58 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

Damn, we at Puerto Rico don't get FSSS. My cheapest shipping is $9.99, making this almost $30:bomb:

Posted Image
Follow me on twitter: @WargamingDude

#59 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:23 PM

I can't imagine anyone who's played and loved ToV wouldn't want to see us get a port of the PS3 version. I bet many people here are like me: they played ToV, heard about the potential PS3 release, researched it, and were saddened by what they discovered the more they read. He's not happy it's not being released on PS3. He's just being realistic.

As simmias said, I'd love to see Vesperia come out on the PS3. I think it's a crying shame the game doesn't get more attention. Vesperia isn't perfect by any means, but it's a great game and you can tell a lot of heart/soul went into its development.

I like my 360 very much, but I'm not married to it :-) Personally, I hate the exclusives garbage and the way people need to insist that such and such console is better, blah, blah, blah or that this game is somehow SO much better on one console than the other. It's all quite pathetic, really.

I love that this generation is much more a multi-platform than the last, and am hopeful that someday consoles will become extinct and we'll all play our games on one machine. I can only imagine how much better some games could be without having to waste resources on porting over to other machines.

As for my comments on ToV, I was merely trying to get people to give up this notion that the PS3 would get it and simply play the game for the 360 now. There are no business practicalities to bringing the title over now to the PS3. Would it be awesome? Sure. Will it happen? No.

That said, I recall hearing a sequel to Vesperia might be in the works; hopefully, that one goes multi-platform.

#60 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

... I know it's only $17, but I really really want a brand new copy of the Limited Edition version with the steelbook case. Cheapest I found it for was on ebay for $159.00, though.. :/