Photo
- - - - -

Tales of Vesperia @ Amazon - $17.96 + FSSS

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

Got my copy, its Canadian with a bi-lingual back cover. I'm a little annoyed but I guess theres no difference aside from the cover and possibly the manual.

#92 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

Checked my mailbox, Vesperia arrived. :)
Now to determine if to pause on Record of Agarest War and pop this in or not....
How long is Vesperia on average?

Posted Image
Follow me on twitter: @WargamingDude

#93 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

50+ hours and that's with little to no grinding/side quest.

#94 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

Wargamer, finish Agarest War and then start Tales of Vesperia. Tales is better and you wont want to go back to AW any time soon.

#95 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:34 AM

Got my copy, its Canadian with a bi-lingual back cover. I'm a little annoyed but I guess theres no difference aside from the cover and possibly the manual.

All U.S. copies of Tales of Vesperia have bilingual French/English text on the back cover.

#96 Wargamer

Wargamer

War is my hobby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

Wargamer, finish Agarest War and then start Tales of Vesperia. Tales is better and you wont want to go back to AW any time soon.

That is not an issue, I really want to play Vesperia, and I don't leave games half finished. I can finish it after Vesperia.

Posted Image
Follow me on twitter: @WargamingDude

#97 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

50+ hours and that's with little to no grinding/side quest.

Wow, I finished in 38 hours and I didn't feel like I rushed or anything...

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#98 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

All U.S. copies of Tales of Vesperia have bilingual French/English text on the back cover.

damn checked my copy (1st/2nd reprint?) and has that too, despite being Fabrique au Mexique :bomb:
here's hoping for PS3 version. though this is a good deal

#99 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:17 PM

Good deal. Got it for $30 a few months on a dotd, and still haven't played it.
Posted Image

#100 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

damn checked my copy (1st/2nd reprint?) and has that too, despite being Fabrique au Mexique :bomb:

I think it's safe to say that we're not going to get a PS3 version in NA. It's been over a year since the Japanese PS3 version was released. If they had any plans to release it, they probably would have done it by now.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#101 VintageTurtle

VintageTurtle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

I've also noticed a lot lately that the discs are being made in Meh-hi-co. I wonder why...

Ah well. I am more wondering if I should buy a third copy or not than I am about the Mexican discs. :lol:

#102 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

I've also noticed a lot lately that the discs are being made in Meh-hi-co. I wonder why...

Ah well. I am more wondering if I should buy a third copy or not than I am about the Mexican discs. :lol:

Cuesta demasiado.

#103 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

I think it's safe to say that we're not going to get a PS3 version in NA. It's been over a year since the Japanese PS3 version was released. If they had any plans to release it, they probably would have done it by now.

How ever there is plan for a translation patch, so maybe someday you will be playing it in English

http://www.talesofgraces.com/vesperia/

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#104 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

How ever there is plan for a translation patch, so maybe someday you will be playing it in English

Ah, I didn't know the ToG translation team was working on a Vesperia PS3 translation, too. Vesperia is a fantastic game already, but being able to play the undoubtedly superior PS3 version in English would be amazing.

I'm still waiting for the Graces patch to be released, though. :P

#105 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

*Feeling guilty paying $33 for this when it was considered rare, and having it still sealed in my drawer :cry:*

Posted Image

#106 VintageTurtle

VintageTurtle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

I already loved these guys for bringing us Graces. Now I love them enough to shower them with Valentines. <3

#107 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

*Feeling guilty paying $33 for this when it was considered rare, and having it still sealed in my drawer :cry:*

Open it and play it. That guilt will go right away. Even at MSRP this game is worth every penny. It is easily the best JRPG this gen. Yep I said it. Better than VC by a mile (and I liked Valkyria too).

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#108 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

Namco & Konami have been doing this for awhile now.

#109 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Open it and play it. That guilt will go right away. Even at MSRP this game is worth every penny. It is easily the best JRPG this gen. Yep I said it. Better than VC by a mile (and I liked Valkyria too).

Valkyria was an SRPG. Sure it's just a subgenre but it's moronic to compare the two.

Hopefully, Atlus' Catherine can deliver next year.

Going by that recent video from Atlus, I hope you like puzzlers.

***EDIT***

What kind of forum doesn't auto-merge consecutive posts? Oh well.

#110 Viper45

Viper45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

I loved the heck out of this game. I played the 360 version. The existance of the PS3 version kind of... irks me. I loved the game exactly how it was, and they basically changed the canon in the PS3 version by adding a new character to the party along with several other additions. I don't know, maybe I'm just weird, but a little pirate girl wasn't part of my ToV's story :P

#111 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

Absolutely worth the $17.99 I paid for it, playing through it now, have about 13 hours into it right now.
Posted Image